Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

tfw the biggest autist was the pub we picked up. (don't ever let the lowpri man into your battlecup party)

Nothing like having to spam the cancel button bc he couldn't stop chat wheeling GG and saying its like breathing then he melts down bc our PL didn't have enough farm even tho TB only had 20m dragon lance lol

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

Techies is my most played character and I have a >50% win rate on him, but this is from old techies when you could still stack mines.

I think new techies is less fun, I badly miss the old version where you could instagib people with red mine stacks.

They should make the red mines like they used to be.

The level 25 moving-mine talent gives you a taste of it and I find it actually works nicer than before once you actually get it, I instagibbed a Rapier-carrying Medusa with a huge stack of mines once, which turned the game around.

And since moving mines applies to stasis traps and remote bombs you can have a moving pile of 10 mines that will snag someone and have them generally not able to escape.

If you've got -4s on the proximity mines you can churn out a huge number of mines that can defend and push back against even mega creeps.

And if you want to push up with the mines then you basically end up with an ever-growing wall of mines marching towards the ancient.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

lohli posted:

The level 25 moving-mine talent gives you a taste of it and I find it actually works nicer than before once you actually get it, I instagibbed a Rapier-carrying Medusa with a huge stack of mines once, which turned the game around.

And since moving mines applies to stasis traps and remote bombs you can have a moving pile of 10 mines that will snag someone and have them generally not able to escape.

If you've got -4s on the proximity mines you can churn out a huge number of mines that can defend and push back against even mega creeps.

And if you want to push up with the mines then you basically end up with an ever-growing wall of mines marching towards the ancient.

But taking moving mines doesn't let me become my true form, artillery support techies.

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007
What is this crazy poo poo im seeing as i boot up dota?

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007
game services offline. mmr will not affect matchmaking, no match data recorded etc. huge update in the works or....?

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

valve has finally reached parity with dota 1

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/DOTA2/status/978731863190614016
and
https://twitter.com/DOTA2/status/978776365984985089

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007
and it's also the most fun i've ever had. holy poo poo.

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.
Something very bad must have happened at Valve for the downtime to be this long. It's now gone through peak European and USA hours.

I won both downtime matches I played quite handily. I assume not using MMR to matchmake has resulted in badly lopsided games

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007
When i read GC performance my brain keeps telling me GameCube and it just reminds me of trying to play warcraft 2 on playstation. bad times...

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

It's either been sitting at 99% for the past few hours or poo poo is super hosed because they haven't updated the ETA

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

It's the ending of fight club but instead of credit records being blown up it's MMR databases.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
there was some routine SQL job loving up and causing the GC to go down for several minutes at a time, sometimes several times a day. In order to get it to work properly again, they prob had to repair one or several huge tables

In the end it was down about 11 hours

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

ThePeavstenator posted:

It's the ending of fight club but instead of credit records being blown up it's MMR databases.

it's fight club except instead of tyler durden it's dota and dota isn't actually real

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iC0YXspJRM

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

this thread was a mist ake

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
Hearing rumblings of a possible beefy crunch burrito return

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

:captainpop:

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
in your absence slamm and I have been spending a lot of quality time together

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
how about some of you fuckers STREAM

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Haha yes yes pudge arcana

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

New Riki ult is good but he's still in a weird place where he sucks at everything for the first 20min

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
Most late game viable carries suck at the first half of the game. The key is to get items that give you an edge in survival and boosts your ult utility and that item is called a basher.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

TOOT BOOT posted:

New Riki ult is good but he's still in a weird place where he sucks at everything for the first 20min

he can give mid a rly hard time and snake bounty runes i guess

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
imo i honestly think ppl should just get back to playing riki as a timing core and give that bitch farm priority so he can get the quick nullfire blade and go around owning supports with blinkstrike/purge/cloud for 20 mins, go beyond godlike, and then lose.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Smythe posted:

imo i honestly think ppl should just get back to playing riki as a timing core and give that bitch farm priority so he can get the quick nullfire blade and go around owning supports with blinkstrike/purge/cloud for 20 mins, go beyond godlike, and then lose.

problem with core riki is he has 30 base damage

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Kild posted:

problem with core riki is he has 30 base damage

u can get a logger nad backstab its np

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
invoker has 33 base damage or something

Ada
Apr 22, 2014

Practice proper gun's safety.
Yeah but invoker has exort and also he's ranged and doesn't have to stand on the wrong side of the creeps to deal damage. Also his spells actually do things.

Man now I'm remembering the dark times when Invoker didn't just start with invoke and could only have one spell till invoke was level 2. God bless

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

I love Riki but he's a terrible carry because he has like 1200 base hp and 5 base armor at level loving 20. You die in one disable unless you're insanely far ahead of the enemy team.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Techies should do like 100 damage at level 1 but have only 1 autoattack every 3-4 seconds.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
The low BAT is fun too, though. And he'd basically not be able to interact with a lane. I guess that parts not horrible, but he would be in a unique position where he might not get enough attacks to get all the cs in a wave without burning mana.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Techies should be in a unique position where it's removed from the game immediately

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lohli posted:

Techies should do like 100 damage at level 1 but have only 1 autoattack every 3-4 seconds.

what if at lvl 25 he did 500 dmg but had a 50/50 of exploding and dying with every attack. maybe it could be a nuke that did friendly fire

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I'm in favor of any change to Dota that stops 1 hour+ nightmare games from happening.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I agree.

strong bird posted:

Techies should be in a unique position where it's removed from the game immediately

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

TOOT BOOT posted:

I'm in favor of any change to Dota that stops 1 hour+ nightmare games from happening.

You get around one abandon a week.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

TOOT BOOT posted:

Icefrog said gently caress you

code:
Patch Overview

Aegis now has an alt tooltip that explains how to pronounce the item | Pronounced as ayy jis

Tier 1 Tower Team Bounty reduced from 120 to 100

Tier 2 Tower Team Bounty reduced from 200 to 120

Tier 3 Tower Team Bounty reduced from 200 to 140

Tier 4 Tower Team Bounty reduced from 200 to 160

Range barracks team bounty reduced from 150 to 100

Filler buildings gold bounty from 125 to 75

Ranged creep average gold bounty reduced from 57 to 54

Glyph duration increased from 5 to 6

Melee Barracks HP increased from 1500 to 1800

Shrines HP increased from 1500 to 1750

Shrines now have 5 HP regen

Rescaled Level 12->25 respawn time curve to be slightly less early and the same later on (changed from 48/52/54/56/58/60/70/74/76/78/82/86/90/100 to 44/46/48/50/52/54/65/70/75/80/85/90/95/100)

Removed hero class specific perks, the bonuses now affect all classes.

Removed Status Resistance as a Strength based attribute bonus

Rebalanced str/int/agi bonuses below (they still provide +1 bonus damage to primary attribute holders)

Primary Attribute now provides +25% more benefit to the bonuses it provides:

Old Strength:

20 Health
0.71% HP Regen
0.15% Status Resistance
New Strength:

18 Health (+25% for str heroes: 22.5)
0.55% HP Regen (+25% for str heroes: 0.68%)
+0.08% Magic Resistance (+25% for str heroes: 0.1%)
Old Intelligence:

12 Mana
2% Mana Regen
0.07% Spell Amplication
+0.15% Magic Resistance
New Intelligence:

12 Mana (+25% for int heroes: 15)
1.8% Mana Regen (+25% for int heroes: 2.25)
0.07% Spell Amplication (+25% for int heroes: 0.087%)
Old Agility:

0.17 Armor
1 Attack Speed
0.06% Movement Speed
New Agility:

0.16 Armor (+25% for agi heroes: 0.2)
1 Attack Speed (+25% for agi: 1.25)
0.05% Movement Speed (+25% for agi: 0.062%)
Hero Updates
VO

Pangolier will now only say his Bounty Rune line "Precious Bounty!" once every 120 seconds.
Pangolier will now only say his Bounty Rune line "Amazing what you find lying around!" once every 240 seconds.
Pangolier will now only say his Bounty Rune line "A little something extra, for the effort." once.
Particle Updates
Pudge

Greatly improved Pudge's Arcana's loadout particles and animation.
Patch Size: 231.1 MB (with Tools)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

this man is and has been trying to tank dota 2 for some time and I commend him on his success