Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

If Schumacher had been wearing a Halo while skiing, his accident wouldn't have caused any major injuries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

iospace posted:

I'm surprised our two resident karters didn't have a jerkoff session over it.

Nobody cares about china

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

OhsH posted:

Nobody cares about china

Think of all the cheap copycat Tonykart parts thou.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Nice thread title given where the next race is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lychee_and_Dog_Meat_Festival

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Suddenly in the mood for Beef Stroganoff.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Gas

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Yourself

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Norns posted:

Yourself

Turn off your monitor

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Pretty sure you can get kart tyres from AliExpress

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

1500quidporsche posted:

Think of all the cheap copycat Tonykart parts thou.

aw hell yeah a kart that bends into half in 1 race instead of 3

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Thanks Ants posted:

Pretty sure you can get kart tyres from AliExpress

phwoar 1500quid, check it

https://www.aliexpress.com/popular/go-kart-tire-wheel.html

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I literally get better looking tires from the bin

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Those are molding spurs, you get them on new tires.
Not surprised you don't know what they look like though.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
thats it. im gonna freak out.

you are mandataed what fuckin tire you run and jfc 5 inch rears? what are we, kid karts????

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Khablam posted:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

OhsH posted:

thats it. im gonna freak out.

you are mandataed what fuckin tire you run and jfc 5 inch rears? what are we, kid karts????

Light em up.

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

Where's the nearest golf course? I have to shit.
F1 is a death cult (not really news), MotoGP has gone to the dogs (good boys) and numbskulls in this thread don't seem to realize that the joke is actually "turn ON your monitor" because you can see your own reflection on a glossy computer screen when it's turned off, so it works similarly to "don't sign your posts".

Khablam posted:

Lmao

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Wirth1000 posted:

Liberty wouldn't do this because instead of a simple tweet they'd do something extremely retarded like project a massive shadow of a CGI eagle on track during a live grand prix. But that only happens in the dumbest timeline where Trump is President so I think we're safe.

Sorry we lost Susie Woof.
Oh no wait, there she is.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

DoctorGonzo posted:

Turn off your monitor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBPhp5a3EnM&t=10s

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Dudley posted:

Sorry we lost Susie Woof.
Oh no wait, there she is.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

...ly?

... Killing Animal?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

McGuinty posted:

F1 is a death cult (not really news), MotoGP has gone to the dogs (good boys) and numbskulls in this thread don't seem to realize that the joke is actually "turn ON your monitor" because you can see your own reflection on a glossy computer screen when it's turned off, so it works similarly to "don't sign your posts".

Lmao

Nice Meltdown

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

DoctorGonzo posted:

Nice Meltdown

Don't sign your posts.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

GramCracker posted:

Don't sign your posts.

Sincerely,
Butt

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Genuinely laughed at that

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gCQj5ego7Q

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

??

Thanks Ants posted:

Genuinely laughed at that

??

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ferrari: Let's complain about burning oil, then vent our burning oil to the atmosphere to show how much more we're burning than everyone else.

(Haven't watched the vid, no sound)

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

iospace posted:

Ferrari: Let's complain about burning oil, then vent our burning oil to the atmosphere to show how much more we're burning than everyone else.

During engine start, Ferrari claims the seals on the turbo don't fit perfectly, so oil is allowing through and burned by the engine. Once the turbo heats up, the seals correctly mate and the burning stops.

During the race, it's no longer allowed to use turbo waste gasses as part of the combustion mix, so Ferrari chose to vent them out a port in the back of the car next to the rain light. Other manufacturers have chosen to vent these gasses into the exhaust or into the engine bay, where they aren't as noticeable.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Its an engine breather tube guys its not rocket science.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

iospace posted:

If your opponent cheats and everybody says its fair why on earth wouldn't you try the same thing?

But what Ferrari is doing is minor compared to merc last year.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
I made Niki Lauda Pizza v2.0, the less burnt edition, this evening with the gf.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

GramCracker posted:

I made Niki Lauda Pizza v2.0, the less burnt edition, this evening with the gf.

That's more of a Gerhard Berger tbh

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Or Von Tripps

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

Where's the nearest golf course? I have to shit.
Oil seals being designed to expand into proper seating as the engine warms is not a new thing in F1. I'm fairly certain that I heard or read somewhere before that the internal tolerances are so tight on a Formula engine that the pistons are technically seized when the block is at ambient temperature.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

They also overfill the oil on these so as soon as the crankshaft starts turning it's gonna throw all the oil up the PCV.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

McGuinty posted:

Oil seals being designed to expand into proper seating as the engine warms is not a new thing in F1. I'm fairly certain that I heard or read somewhere before that the internal tolerances are so tight on a Formula engine that the pistons are technically seized when the block is at ambient temperature.

That's awesome

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

iospace posted:

Ferrari is good

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

McGuinty posted:

With the V10s and V8s they had to run hot water through dedicated channels in the block just to heat it up so it can be started up lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Wirth1000 posted:

With the V10s and V8s they had to run hot water through dedicated channels in the block just to heat it up so it can be started up lol

That's still true of current engines, though they have electric heating elements built in instead of external water. There are generators for each car on the starting grid if you look during a broadcast.