Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

El Pollo Blanco posted:

She is still sledging Turei (and by extension every beneficiary ever) at every opportunity to try and up her cred with rich old white hippies who used to vote green so she can get hosed imo

Where? In everything I saw of her through that whole shitshow (and since) she's been really supportive of Metiria.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

bike tory posted:

His other two kids are with Mihingarangi Forbes so I'd like to think she prevented him from calling them anything ridiculous or dumb. How Mihi Forbes put up with him long enough to have kids is anyone's guess.

This is honestly disappointing. Surely, Mihi Forbes could aim a hell of a lot higher than Duncan loving Gardner.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Vagabundo posted:

This is honestly disappointing. Surely, Mihi Forbes could aim a hell of a lot higher than Duncan loving Gardner.

She's not still with him

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Ratios and Tendency posted:

It's cool that that sub-normal idiot retard has a platform to influence the politics of the nation.
Nobody else is going to tell you the truth about the maoris

literally any other white man in media could tell you

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Rod Emmerson did this in the Herald.

I replied to the tweet he did showing this work with this:

quote:

This sort of cynical crap is quite disappointing, like you're taking pleasure in making GBS threads all over a group of people because of their principles. This is some serious Al Nisbet level garbage, and I honestly expected better of you.

He's now blocked me.

I stand by every word I said.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

lol it's a lovely cartoon and that whole "climate change trumps everything" shtick is annoying but it's hardly Al Nisbet level

Let me just remind you what Al Nisbet level is:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

bike tory posted:

lol it's a lovely cartoon and that whole "climate change trumps everything" shtick is annoying but it's hardly Al Nisbet level

Let me just remind you what Al Nisbet level is:

I stand by what I said. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the garage.

And seriously, the rhetoric that Emmerson is suggesting is pretty close to Nisbet, in that it's not too far removed from that ugly cuntsphere that Nisbo resides in. Putting aside his cynical scoffing at the Greens, to suggest that it's somehow some sort of flaw to give a gently caress about social justice that deserves some level of derision is loving pathetic - and it's this sort of attitude that enables the Al Nisbets of the world and allows them to think that their poo poo is acceptable or OK.

And besides, this bullshit cynical approach is typically used by spineless jellyfish who are too loving stupid or too loving gutless to take a stand on an issue, so they try to mask it behind cynicism, which they try to sell as "realism," because they've got nothing intelligent to say.

Yeah, the Greens took issue with something that was questionable. So what, Rod? So loving what? Does that deserve derision and mockery? gently caress off. The fact that he can't even defend the loving thing speaks for itself. And anyone who criticises another for giving a poo poo about social justice, in all likelihood, is a completely insufferable loving oval office.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Apr 11, 2018

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
sharon murdoch is the only deece nz cartoonist (toby morris included)

chlöe swarbrick SAVAGES j.a.g :v:

quote:

If your modus operandi is purchasing organic food and carting it out the supermarket in a reusable bag, sipping fair-trade coffee out of a reusable cup, composting your waste and opting for cycling over driving, I applaud your action to reduce your impact on the planet. It’s important. It contributes. And it helps to raise consciousness of climate change and environmental degradation.

If, however, you simultaneously wag your finger at financially and time-poor parents for buying ready-made meals for their kids, or begrudge people on benefits the humanity/”luxury” of a weekly coffee, you’re probably missing the point.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Rimmer wrote an article about tax for the Spinoff by opening with THE OXFORD DICTIONARY DEFINES then immediately criticising Duncan Grieve for bad writing:

https://thespinoff.co.nz/politics/05-04-2018/tax-is-not-love-its-violence-david-seymour-tears-into-duncan-greive/

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I don't know why people routinely forget that the Greens, like every 'green' party around the world, has its foundations in social justice.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

exmarx posted:

sharon murdoch is the only deece nz cartoonist (toby morris included)

chlöe swarbrick SAVAGES j.a.g :v:

Good article, thanks.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
I agree with all the things Chlöe says all time.

Also, complete shock that some kiwis on the internet are proving how not racist they are. :rolleyes:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Haha I totally clicked through to that article as well. It would be depressing if there were any depression in New Zealand.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Ghostlight posted:

I don't know why people routinely forget that the Greens, like every 'green' party around the world, has its foundations in social justice.

Concern trolling.

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.
If I was half as smart now as Chlöe Swarbrick is at 23.... I was a loving moron at 23.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

klen dool posted:

If I was half as smart now as Chlöe Swarbrick is at 23.... I was a loving moron at 23.

Yeah but when you're twice as old as you are now, the world will be underwater and both of you will be dead.

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Yeah but when you're twice as old as you are now, the world will be underwater and both of you will be dead.

loving lol if you think the world is going to last another 40 years at this rate

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

klen dool posted:

It's the ability to communicate her ideas convincingly that make her so good at what she does imo. Not that she isn't smart of course

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

The herald opinion piece this morning on how some dude would rather Afghan civilians die instead of kiwi soldiers and we need to give the defense force the benefit of the doubt anyway seems to have disappeared.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Vagabundo posted:

Rod Emmerson did this in the Herald.

I replied to the tweet he did showing this work with this:

He's now blocked me.

I stand by every word I said.

i bet this guy feels like a real dickhole today

or maybe not because he's damaged enough to have drawn it in the first place but you know what i mean

klen dool
May 7, 2007

bike tory posted:

It's the ability to communicate her ideas convincingly that make her so good at what she does imo. Not that she isn't smart of course

That's a good point, but I do think there is a relationship between how well one can express an idea and how well one actually understands an idea. I certainly didn't have her communications at her age, and I am certain she is brainer than me.

Again, I think all MPs should be between 15 and 35 years old. We all get to choose the best ones.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

The herald opinion piece this morning on how some dude would rather Afghan civilians die instead of kiwi soldiers and we need to give the defense force the benefit of the doubt anyway seems to have disappeared.

It looks like it was retitled. It's now called "Tim Dower: When it comes to military operations, I'm taking the word of our guys"

This morning, it was "Better a dead Afghan civilian than a dead NZ soldier"

loving disgusting.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

it was insanely bad

my position is the exact opposite btw

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Vagabundo posted:

It looks like it was retitled. It's now called "Tim Dower: When it comes to military operations, I'm taking the word of our guys"

This morning, it was "Better a dead Afghan civilian than a dead NZ soldier"

loving disgusting.

:psyboom: what in the actual gently caress, why is 'nobody dead' somehow not an option? Don't bother, I realise the answer is racist xenophobia.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Also re: Taika's racism chat

I've overheard open conversations about n-----s and black c--ts down at the local rugby club from the Kings/Auckland Grammar farmer types and seen facebook alerts that go out to warn the village when Maoris have been seen driving through.

Anyone spouting the not real racism take or whatever can suck the poo poo outta my arse.

Ratios and Tendency fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Apr 12, 2018

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

I was going to say in NZ. We don’t have the really overt poo poo like burning crosses etc. But white NZ does a great job of telling ourselves we don’t have racism here. Then complain about the “bloody maoris” getting everything for free. We then help perpetuate a system which sees Polynesians over represented in statistics for poverty, crime, poor health outcomes etc. We then blame the victims of our society for the condition of our society.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Also, I know we signed a treaty recognising their sovereignty over the land and their people, but why do they have separate rolls and representatives??? Aren't we just creating a two-level system with them at one side and New Zealanders on the other??? Talk about racist!! It should be one (the British Monarchy's) rule for all!!

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

you keep talking like that and BloodRed is gonna show up all "this but unironically"

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

And the way to tackle this would be...?

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Varkk posted:

I was going to say in NZ. We don’t have the really overt poo poo like burning crosses etc. But white NZ does a great job of telling ourselves we don’t have racism here.
I'm sure some of that's because we compare ourselves with places like Australia and the US and then convince ourselves that we're superior because we let Maori join us in society. This means the current setup is perfect and any more concessions are just brown people being greedy.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/103082151/Don-t-blame-the-whole-country-for-your-experiences-Taika?cid=app-android

Lol

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

I'm deffo not a racist, unlike the Middle Easterners and Africans.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
As a privileged white person, I am greatly offended that racism has been brought up and besmirches the good name of most definitely not racist white people. Furthermore we should not acknowledge that racism is a problem because giving it attention will make it worse because some not racist people might get more offended

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Taika was definitely implying that every single white person in NZ is racist, that is literally what he meant when he called NZ a racist place, and I for one am offended and will devote half of my article to this point

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

The outrage proves the accusation.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

No no, he's right, unless you can read and correctly pronounce every single language in the world there's no point even trying to get one of your own national languages right.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

The point isn’t that people make honest mistakes with pronunciation. It is people not putting in an effort and continuing to get it wrong when corrected. Also it was only one little piece of the puzzle but let us focus on that one than some of the worse structural issues. E.g the differences in the use of pre-charge warnings between European youth vs Polynesian youth.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

What's smoking for 60 years got to do with it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WarpedNaba posted:

What's smoking for 60 years got to do with it?

Mr Speaker had the same thought.

• Locked thread