Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Andrast posted:

I wouldn't use any even slightly valuable skill on someone so average if you aren't planning on really using him

Fury plus his silly B skill would make him a good TT bot at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Fury plus his silly B skill would make him a good TT bot at least

Fury 2 is good enough for that, no need to spend a Hinata

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
After a billion spooks and failures, i finally have hare Catria! +Spd gives her 38 which is uh....high for a horse. Guess she's prime blade tomer. Or is her special weapon actually good?

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Her default egg is a bit awkward to use in an arena core, but will work just fine for a bonus unit. The Chills are nice as an added benefit but not something you can 100% rely on. And it's very good in AA where you can counterpick and use her to target specific stuff.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

blizzardvizard posted:

Her default egg is a bit awkward to use in an arena core, but will work just fine for a bonus unit. The Chills are nice as an added benefit but not something you can 100% rely on. And it's very good in AA where you can counterpick and use her to target specific stuff.

Yeah I've really liked Bunny Sharena's egg in AA since it really helps against enemies who have a significant merge advantage over your team

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Oh, likely bonus units for next round, if people want to start planning:

Swordhart
GreenOlwen
Nana
Leif
Saias
Legion
Priscilla
RobinM
Ephraim
Alfonse

Alfonse would score higher, but I'll probably just cart out Robin for a Lyn/Lilina check.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Pulls for this banner are +Atk/-Spd Leif and +Spd/-Atk Nanna.

So I trained them both to 40 for options (but am probably just gonna use Nanna in the TT)

After that I upgraded Sanaki's Cymbeline and decided to start training her future wife.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

ApplesandOranges posted:

Swordhart
GreenOlwen
Nana
Leif
Saias
Legion
Priscilla
RobinM
Ephraim
Alfonse

Alfonse would score higher, but I'll probably just cart out Robin for a Lyn/Lilina check.

welp there's a use for all the MRobins I've been pulling trying to get Bunny Catria :sigh:

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Guess I'm going to have to give my piece of poo poo Leif some good skills

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

ApplesandOranges posted:

Swordhart
GreenOlwen
Nana
Leif
Saias
Legion
Priscilla
RobinM
Ephraim
Alfonse

Ugh I hate Alfonse week. Mine is still 4*.

Not sure who would drag my score down- him or Priscilla. Prissy is at least 5*....

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Is that likely to be horse Ephraim or regular Ephraim? If it's regular then he's probably my best option.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Starsnostars posted:

Is that likely to be horse Ephraim or regular Ephraim? If it's regular then he's probably my best option.

probably horse, don't they usually have a legendary hero every week?

e: huh, i guess not https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Arena_Bonus_Hero_list

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

+1 +SPD/-RES Leif is way better than my usual bonus units (both battle performance and score-wise) so this should be a pretty refreshing arena season

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

According to the Arena score calc... Prissy would drag my score down slightly less than Alfonse and his 4* rear end.

So I guess I'm running a Wrathful Gravity bomb healer in Arena next week. That'll be... different.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah my choices are fresh-pulled 4* MRobin, mostly-unbuilt 4* Prissy, or Alfonse who I literally just promoted to 5* with my last load of 20K feathers, leveled to 30, and forgot about

Alfy might actually be my best choice here, I gave him Swordbreaker at some point too

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Lilina was one merge away from OHKOing lunatic legion

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Which one should I made? I guess the second one should use bonfire instead of moonbow or glimmer

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna bite the bullet and make a Berkut's Lance Distant Counter Effie.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Is there a non-lovely way to grind healers when TT isn't around?

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

cheetah7071 posted:

Olivia: awakening hard?

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

I got a +SPD/-RES WT Rein. That seems like possibly the worst IV

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

big trivia FAIL posted:

I got a +SPD/-RES WT Rein. That seems like possibly the worst IV

+spd/-atk is worse

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

The ranged training map honestly isn't terrible? I trained my Azama there and even before getting him Pain+ he was able to perform admirably, though he did need some healing in the final map. The enemies there have such low res that you'll win any battle of attrition and that'll get easier as you use healers with actual, you know
attack. Lissa did fine and I threw Serra in there briefly, too, so its not even just pain. You could probably throw on savage blow seal or attack+3 to speed things along

I've also used that one armor map for a few extra SP on one of my healers, but that needs dancer support and will take a while.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

+spd/-atk is worse

I got a -Atk/Res one and he's pretty poo poo too! 0 for 2 on passable IVs for this banner

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
No focus units in the ~30 orbs I had but I got two 4* Hinatas so that's nice.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

cheetah7071 posted:

Make sure to give them a Blessing if you have spares. With a Blessing they get 2 SP per heal.

And yeah the training maps still work... Might be a good idea to shard them up high enough that they can learn an actual weapon first. Ram enough buffs at them and even non-Wrathful healers can kill something!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm finding that with absorb Nanna can handle the level 28 ranged map no problem. And it seems like the map gives exp slowly enough that I can get wrathful absorb+ before it stops giving SP, which will let me handle the lunatic map, hopefully.

e: good call on the blessing though, I didn't realize just how many of them I had.

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Apr 11, 2018

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
5102 was enough for top 3k in AA last week (just barely I think) so the 5092 I got this week probably isn't enough but gently caress doing AA again

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Looks like the +2 5* Priscilla I have might come in handy next week. Having her with a Panic+ staff and Panic Ploy Fae on the same team is going to be fun against all those mixed Tactics teams I keep seeing.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I just finished building my 5* Priscilla too. No merges but ready to Gravity bomb everything.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Centzon Totochtin posted:

5102 was enough for top 3k in AA last week (just barely I think) so the 5092 I got this week probably isn't enough but gently caress doing AA again

I just now got a deep enough roster so I can do AA without getting killed halfway through, got a 4542, yay, I need to learn when to use special items. I just kept forgetting about them.

Washout fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Apr 12, 2018

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

After beating the GHB Legion quests, I decided to go back to finish the last few GHB Elite 1 quests that I hadn't finished. First up was Robin Armor, where I already knew basically what to do and just needed to execute a bit better, so I got it fairly quickly. The key ended up being, of all things, re-equipping Sacred Cowl onto Minerva, allowing her to tank the choke once the red mage was sniped. Only one I have left is Xander fliers; I'm not sure how I'll do it but at least it's probably not literally impossible for my roster anymore

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I have no idea what I'll ever use it for but I've pulled so many cavalry recently I guess I'm building a second horse team

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
edit: Wrong rhread

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

I have no idea what I'll ever use it for but I've pulled so many cavalry recently I guess I'm building a second horse team

I like to throw together ___ emblem teams for variety's sake in like the tower quests or the lunatic story chapters if they're not too annoying.

I have almost every flyer in the game so i always swap between 4 or 5 team compositions of them at a time when I need them. its nice! And helps clean out my barracks as I spread around skills.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
Got into this game last week with a pretty decent selection of units, and I have a dilemma regarding two of them. I'm approaching my second set of 20k feathers (the first was spent on vanilla Reinhardt) and have two units I want to promote.

(pretend Heavenly Light is something better and that Priscilla's IVs are the same, I don't know how I didn't catch that and am too lazy to fix it)

Current state on the left, planned final form on the right (within limits of what I can make, I thnk Sheena gets the Slaying Axe by refining the Killer Axe?). They are both on theme teams. Sheena is planned to be the armor team's resident damage sponge when in front and the HP battery when in the rear. Priscilla is the cavalry team's healer that I'm not quite sure what to do with yet, I wasn't aware at the time of giving her Bowbreaker that staves did halved damage without the refine/B skill (also I don't have a Genny to feed her Wrathful Staff).

Both of them have been lagging behind in terms of team synergy because they are the only 4★ units on their respective teams and are in dire need of upgrades. Who should get priority?

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Apr 12, 2018

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Priscilla's capabilities won't increase by very much upon promotion so between those two Sheena seems better. It seems unlikely that either is you best use of feathers though but I don't know your roster.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

Priscilla's capabilities won't increase by very much upon promotion so between those two Sheena seems better. It seems unlikely that either is you best use of feathers though but I don't know your roster.

Sheena is pretty good if you are looking for a mixed tank armor

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

cheetah7071 posted:

Cavalry team is Sigurd, Reinhardt, Brave Lyn and Priscilla. Armor team is Black Knight, Effie, Amelia and Sheena.

I mainly ask because at the moment I don't need any skill fodders that only come from promoting, barring the exception of Effie wanting a Brave Lance+, and I feel like getting Sheena caught up with the rest of the group is more important than a shiny new pokey stick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I have a decent horse of every type except a blue mage (I guess I have a -Atk Rein...)

So maybe I'll promote Ursula sometime.