Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
would lmfao if rider's big powerup moment is him getting his motorcycle licence

his inbetween form is a scooter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Expect My Mom posted:

I think that'd give him the confidence boost needed to finally move up to B rank.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Babe Magnet posted:

right? but like... months... lol

Listen: in my ignorant western mind, Japan is a magic place where girls become magic space princesses, boys go on adventures with magical monsters, adults work 80 hours a week of soul draining monotony, and if the wrong cop catches you with a mountain bike your rear end ain't never seeing the light of day.

Also, outside of the context of "thinkin' bout Licenseless Rider," Japanese traffic laws don't really factor much in my life.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
Also, y'know, OPM isn't set in the real world. That is to say, it isn't set in a world that bears any resemblance to our own, in terms of continents, countries, etc, though it does seem to clearly be largely based on a resemblance to Japanese culture in many ways.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

LightningKimba posted:

To be fair with Mumen, we call Kamen Rider the franchise as... Kamen Rider, rather than Masked Rider.

I do agree Common Rider is a very pro name, but Mumen Rider has some reason to be left untranslated, I feel.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masked_Rider_(TV_series)
wrong

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Actually he's not. Nobody brings up Masked Rider and there's a reason for that.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Yeah, the much more recent series was called Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight. While it was localized once or twice in old shows as Masked Rider, it is now firmly Kamen Rider in English in the show and on the merch. The only people who call it Masked Rider are either referring to that one, awful show or are my adorable students who don't know better.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Schwarzwald posted:

Listen: in my ignorant western mind, Japan is a magic place where girls become magic space princesses, boys go on adventures with magical monsters, adults work 80 hours a week of soul draining monotony, and if the wrong cop catches you with a mountain bike your rear end ain't never seeing the light of day.

2 out of 4 ain't Bad.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Expect My Mom posted:

Well, his Justice Crash attack would probably hurt a lot more if he throws a scooter or a motorcycle on the opponent instead of just a bike.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
Imagine if he ever gets that fuckin license though

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I hope he is never corrupted by personal motor vehicle transportation.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Rider finally getting his license is clearly him getting his mid season super form. :colbert:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He'd lose all his powers.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Josuke Higashikata posted:

He'd then go on a journey of self-reflection where he realizes the power was within him all along.

He still gets pasted fighting a Demon level threat, but that's beside the point.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

Yeah he'd lose all his self-propelled cycling powers but think of all the new poo poo he could do with that sweet 50cc engine.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Rider is a bike wearing a fake human.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Rider is the license that the guy doesn't have yet

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Rider is a bike wearing a fake human.

So basically this?

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Radish posted:

So basically this?

Great, now I wanna see Metal Bat riding Watchdog Man into a crowd of monsters and there's just nothing left in their wake but pools of gore.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

So Speed of Sound Sonic (lol) and Flashy Flash are brother, ya? I mean they kind of look like each other just different wig colors, when do you think ONE is gonna cash in on that plot chip?

I wanna see a Murata panel where FF is holding Sonic's head back while SoSS is doing the little bro windmill punch flailing while calling for ninja mom back in the hidden leaf village

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Parrotine posted:

So Speed of Sound Sonic (lol) and Flashy Flash are brother, ya? I mean they kind of look like each other just different wig colors, when do you think ONE is gonna cash in on that plot chip?

I wanna see a Murata panel where FF is holding Sonic's head back while SoSS is doing the little bro windmill punch flailing while calling for ninja mom back in the hidden leaf village

I think they're just from the same village of redundant ninja names

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
A smug and hardboiled badass Licensed Rider :c00l:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

graham cracker posted:

Great, now I wanna see Metal Bat riding Watchdog Man into a crowd of monsters and there's just nothing left in their wake but pools of gore.

Blast is actually a combination form.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Could blast defeat king in a simulated battle

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Saitama learns to fuse but it makes his combined form weaker?

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

graham cracker posted:

Saitama learns to fuse but it makes his combined form weaker?

I'm sorry that you think Saitama could ever be on the same wavelength as someone else.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Mystic Mongol posted:

I'm sorry that you think Saitama could ever be on the same wavelength as someone else.

King?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

A man unbeatable in any battlefield, physical or virtual. Truly the ultimate hero.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
I just imagine King holding a game controller tied to Saitama's body, thus forming the ultimate combination in the universe.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

UchihaHirou posted:

I just imagine King holding a game controller tied to Saitama's body, thus forming the ultimate combination in the universe.

"Ugh, Saitama your kicking skill really sucks. I'll just have to have you punch everything."

Osama Dozen-Dongs
Nov 29, 2014
No-Car Rider

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Carless Rider

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

And More posted:

Carless Rider

Mumen Rider's real name confirmed: George Michael.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Dont want to spoil myself too much on the manga since I’ve got a fair bit to catch up.

But what is the latest on a follow up on the anim e?

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Raw chapter is out.

Best doggo

Affi posted:

Dont want to spoil myself too much on the manga since I’ve got a fair bit to catch up.

But what is the latest on a follow up on the anim e?

We know the VA for Garou.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

skaianDestiny posted:

Raw chapter is out.

Translation out
I want a coke too

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...
That was a good ep

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

His bark is worse than his bite.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
Holy poo poo, that Serious Ugly Kid shot. Miura (and possibly ONE) really got me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
lol garou keeps looking more and more like a hero in art design