Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Am I the only one who wants that new Breaking Homicide show on ID to fail horribly before the end of the first season because the hosts look like terrible obnoxious shitlords?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Mu Zeta posted:

Conan O'Brien and Jordan Schlansky have their Italy trip today as well. Never been more excited for a travel episode.

It's been great so far. I'll admit I haven't seen all the Schlansky bits, but I wouldn't have expected to finally see him break over a fart soundboard.

Edit: oh yeah, Conan and Jordan totally banged.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Apr 12, 2018

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I watched Killing Eve lasynight, mucho enjoyed. It's that korean chick from the hospital show, hunting a super sexy female hitperson.
I think its BBC or BBC America... I'm without my notes.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

zoux posted:

Lost in Space (out tomorrow!) seems to be getting decent reviews. I'm not flipping the gently caress out about it but I'm always happy to have an adequate scifi show. Most reviews say it looks amazing.

Oh also, the best scifi show ever made, The Expanse, is back tonight.

I recently learned that in 2004 John Woo directed a pilot for a Lost in Space reboot for the WB that was scrapped because a full series would have been too expensive. Also that some of the sets were re-used for Battlestar Galactica.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAT4tjjzOCk

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Rocksicles posted:

I watched Killing Eve lasynight, mucho enjoyed. It's that korean chick from the hospital show, hunting a super sexy female hitperson.
I think its BBC or BBC America... I'm without my notes.

Sandra Oh is hella Canadian, wouldn't be surprised if it's a joint Canada/BBC thing.

e: looks to be bbc america tho

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Killing Eve is great and like the the 1st season of Unreal it will definitely leave me super disappointed in all the male romantic leads for Villanelle and Eve and hope they kiss instead.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I don't know who keeps telling these British actors they can do American accents, because they can't.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I like when Martin Freeman tries because sometimes it's charmingly quaint (Fargo) and most of the time it's just hilariously obvious (Black Panther).

It's actually both of those in both of those cases.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

His Minnesota accent or whatever sounded really strange. Almost otherworldly. I actually would have liked if he played the Billy Bob role with that accent.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Lurdiak posted:

I don't know who keeps telling these British actors they can do American accents, because they can't.

Or at least tell them that clenching their asscheeks as tightly as possible isn't how to do it.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Who is good at cross the pond accents? Either direction. Other than DDL obviously.

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I just need to vent:

Timeless S02E01

"We have a problem. The Mothership landed two days ago."

SO loving WHAT? YOU. HAVE. A. TIME MACHINE!

They've been doing this poo poo since season one, I don't know why I keep watching :negative:

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

brylcreem posted:

I just need to vent:

Timeless S02E01

"We have a problem. The Mothership landed two days ago."

SO loving WHAT? YOU. HAVE. A. TIME MACHINE!

They've been doing this poo poo since season one, I don't know why I keep watching :negative:

Don't forget what's his name bringing his now not dead girlfriend into the time machine hideout exposing her to the biggest secret of all time like it's not big deal.

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Digital Jedi posted:

Don't forget what's his name bringing his now not dead girlfriend into the time machine hideout exposing her to the biggest secret of all time like it's not big deal.

lol, Jessica isn't dead? :rolleyes:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Jeez, I'd head you nonsense-peddlers vehemently recommend Hap and Leonard before but I didn't pay any attention based on its dumb title. Stumbled upon the plot description today and it seems right up my alley. Why didn't you people try harder?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Milo and POTUS posted:

Who is good at cross the pond accents? Either direction. Other than DDL obviously.

Dominic West and Jamie Bamber. I didn't know either were English until I saw interviews.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

brylcreem posted:

lol, Jessica isn't dead? :rolleyes:

Not anymore. Because of time shenanigans she is back alive this season.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I think Alan Cumming's American sounds flawless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8P_qjLhtA74

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Ever heard Bob Hoskins in his native accent? Blew me away when I was a teenager.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Dominic West and Jamie Bamber. I didn't know either were English until I saw interviews.

I've heard tons of complaints about Dominic West's accent in The Wire.

Hugh Laurie must be half way decent, as tons of people thought he was 'doing' an accent when he hosted SNL.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Hugh Dancy in Hannibal seemed good, I didn't know he was British for ages.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Lurdiak posted:

what about Jesse and Tulip on Preacher

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Is Hard Sun any good? I liked Luther S1 and 2 a lot, S3 was hit or miss. I’d be down for something from the same creative team but sci-fi ish if it’s well done.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Is Hard Sun any good? I liked Luther S1 and 2 a lot, S3 was hit or miss. I’d be down for something from the same creative team but sci-fi ish if it’s well done.

It's on my watch list, I heard about it from an Instagram ad of all places.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Rhyno posted:

It's on my watch list, I heard about it from an Instagram ad of all places.

I’m about 20 minutes into the first episode and it’s kind of really dumb, which I do not mean as a complaint. Unless it goes off the rails, which doesn’t usually happen with BBC shows with short seasons, it’s probably gonna be a decent time killer.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Milo and POTUS posted:

Alexis Denisof and David Anders?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Huge Lorry is pretty good at sounding american.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Wheat Loaf posted:

Alexis Denisof and David Anders?

James Marsters as well

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
David Boreanaz probably shouldn't have bothered trying to sound Irish in Angel flashbacks, though.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

So I just finished Troy: Fall of a City and uh... Why did everyone hate this show so much? :raise:

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

EL BROMANCE posted:

I've heard tons of complaints about Dominic West's accent in The Wire.

Maybe it's all the time I spent in Baltimore around people over enunciating to hide their Essex accent that it made seem right to me.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
What do you guys check out to see if a show is likely to be renewed or not. The more I watch it, the more I like LA to Vegas.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

swickles posted:

What do you guys check out to see if a show is likely to be renewed or not. The more I watch it, the more I like LA to Vegas.

The cancel bear

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

swickles posted:

TVLine has a renew / cancel scorecard that's generally pretty accurate, even if the site's design is ghastly and Michael Ausiello is entirely too full of himself.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

MiddleOne posted:

So I just finished Troy: Fall of a City and uh... Why did everyone hate this show so much? :raise:

[citation needed]

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wheat Loaf posted:

David Boreanaz probably shouldn't have bothered trying to sound Irish in Angel flashbacks, though.

Do you think their target audience in 2000 could really tell?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

less laughter posted:

[citation needed]

I know I got turned off by SA's trashing of it last week.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
TVIV goons just need to be more okay with the idea of sometimes liking unpopular things.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

less laughter posted:

[citation needed]

Not referring this thread, more it's abysmal ratings on sites like IMDB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's 73% on RT, which is certainly inside my watchability zone. Is Achilles an SJW, that always pisses off the voters