Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
1a) Can you do physicals to protomechs in the same hex as you?
1b) Kick outwards as normal if they're there with you?
1c) Either?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Leperflesh posted:

jump in kind of an upwards corkscrew

Not without Nimble Jumper, which the Legion is not.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Orders wise I have two ideas.

1) Jump 4 to 1319, fire at the mithras or protomechs, and kick the Viper. Next turn head up towards the Savage Wolf. Someone else can also kick the Viper from 1420 which should have a good shot of taking it out in one fell swoop.

2) Jump 5 to 1818, Fire at the Hellbringer, and kick the engine with the talon + tsm bonuses. Next turn continue towards the East and eat a lot of fire lol.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Oh yea, I forgot that protos do count as vehicles, so you can be in the same hex as they are.

I'm not sure about moving through hexes with enemies in them though. I know you can't move through hexes containing enemy mechs or vehicles, but I thiink you can jump through them still.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

PoptartsNinja posted:

Not without Nimble Jumper, which the Legion is not.

Dangit. I'm glad I asked, though. Does this also mean I can't jump around corners? Jumps have to be in a straight line, more or less?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Leperflesh posted:

Dangit. I'm glad I asked, though. Does this also mean I can't jump around corners? Jumps have to be in a straight line, more or less?

Shortest path to the hex.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

PoptartsNinja posted:

Shortest path to the hex.

1622 to 1819 or to 1220? Shortest path to either goes through a wall...

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
I think it's the shortest legal path.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK, sounds good then. Looks like we have a few options for hopscotching over various enemies to get into prime asskicking positions in these twisty tunnels.

e. although the twisty path upwards I mentioned before was also the shortest legal path, sooo...

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
PTN, do the blacked out hexes block line of sight? Thinking of jumping over to close in on the Jaegermech and say Hi, would that keep the Mad Dog off my back? Alternately, are those hexes usable, could I jump behind the Mad Dog?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
They are impassable.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Edit: I knew this map would make diagramming interesting!

And I believe as per this, they do block LOS.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Jumping to 1822 Upper facing the Jaeger, just deciding which weapons I want to open up with on it.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
That left hand tunnel lower is about to become a real Loony Tunes brawl. Glorious.

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.
Good shooting guys, but keep an eye on the heat. Pick your targets, pile on them, and then move on. Still a long fight to go.

Might be a good idea for someone to make a list of priority targets. Then you guys can focus fire as you go, attack target #2 if you don't have LoS to target #1, that sort of thing.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

PTN, have you ever considered bringing back Rear Admiral Korvat for a new adventure?

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Defiance Industries posted:

PTN, have you ever considered bringing back Rear Admiral Korvat for a new adventure?

This better be the gimmick for the HBS game LP. :allears:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

VolticSurge posted:

This better be the gimmick for the HBS game LP. :allears:

He is still almost definitely not a Cardassian Capellan spy.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Bloody Pom posted:

I don't know that the Capellans ever had proper spies. They had that one guy they sent to infiltrate the Northwind Highlanders, and he betrayed them (though it was the era of Sun Tzu Liao, so he was at least competent enough to have the plan built in such a way that the betrayal still ended up getting him the minimum of what the goal of the mission was anyway), but I'm not sure they have a proper external intelligence service. Someone might notice that the new guy they hired to work in their research lab is wearing a silk robe with matching hat and has a giant fu manchu.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

Bloody Pom posted:

Nah, he'd clearly be a SAFE Sp--pffftahaha I'm sorry, but I can't finish that sentence.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
I am probably sending my orders in tomorrow morning due to weekend plans and unknown connection options.

PTN, it would be helpful if the following questions (adding Fuzzy's to ease or response) get answered just to make sure I 'm going make a mistake. (especially #2 but the others may come into play)

1) Can we be in the same hex at 2 protomechs
1c) Either?
2) do destroyed vehicles count as rough?
3) it might come up next turn, can we just jump over enemy units in the tunnels or is there a height problem?

Thanks,

Leith

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Leith Maclaine posted:

I am probably sending my orders in tomorrow morning due to weekend plans and unknown connection options.

PTN, it would be helpful if the following questions (adding Fuzzy's to ease or response) get answered just to make sure I 'm going make a mistake. (especially #2 but the others may come into play)

1c) Either?
3) it might come up next turn, can we just jump over enemy units in the tunnels or is there a height problem?

Thanks,

Leith

1) Yes, but not if there is also an enemy Mech in the hex
1a) nope (Only Infantry can shoot things in the same hex as they are, and I think it's the same for physicals.)
1b) yup
2) 99% sure yes
3) I have no idea here!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Gwaihir posted:

3) I have no idea here!
I am pretty sure I remember seeing "Yes you can jump in the tunnels but no you cannot jump over enemy units"

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
I know he posted no DFAs inside the tunnels, but protos and vees are tiny so you can probably jump over them? The tunnels are height 3, mechs are height 2, and vees are height 1 so it should work.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Megamek lets you stomp on vehicles in the same hex as you. Maybe it is the same for ProtoMechs?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Leith Maclaine posted:

ProtoMechs follow the same stacking rules as vehicles. Two units from each side can occupy the same hex (which creates a fun situation in multi-player FFA battles where you can cram an unlimited number of tanks into the same hex, RAW, as long as the drivers hate all but one other driver), but only one unit (period) can be a BattleMech.

quote:

You can melee ProtoMechs the same way you could a vehicle (so yes)

quote:

Yes.

quote:

They've got the same orange borders as the other rough terrain, I've been pretty good about not forgetting that (I may have missed one)

quote:

You can jump over anything that is height 1 (protomechs, vehicles) but not over enemy BattleMechs. Infantry you can move through no matter what, they don't hinder movement.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Thank you kindly,

The answer to #2 does affect my final facing so I need to make decisions.

Leith

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Leith Maclaine posted:

Thank you kindly,

Leith

Don't sign your posts.

Leith

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

McGavin posted:

Don't sign your posts.

Leith

don't tell them how to post

- ~*Leith*~

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Mezzanon posted:

don't tell them how to post

- ~*Leith*~

Don't tell me how to tell them how to post.

- ~*^*~Leith~*^*~

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

McGavin posted:

- ~*^*~Leith~*^*~

Running to 1221 and turning around. I will need to get my orders in tomorrow morning so if anyone objects let me know.

THIS SPACE LEFT EMPTY TO DETERMINE IF THERE NEEDS TO BE A SIGNATURE LATER.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

McGavin posted:

- ~*^*~Leith~*^*~

- ~~+*<^>:yeah:<^>*+~~

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Anyone else heading after the Jaegermech, it has no torso twist, so getting into its side arcs will inconvenience it significantly.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Leith Maclaine posted:

Thank you kindly,

Leith

:wave:

Hi Leith!

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Jagers don't have torso twist?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Artificer posted:

Jagers don't have torso twist?

Always keep an eye out for exploitable weaknesses.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Weeird. Is that standard for jager iics?

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Artificer posted:

Weeird. Is that standard for jager iics?

All Jagers afaik, classic and Jagermech III

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Artificer posted:

Is that standard for jager iics?

Standard for the JagerMech period. Because House Davion designed an AA platform that's incapable of traversing to track a fighter. :v:

Gotta make those medium lasers even less useful for fending off Locusts!

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Apr 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

PoptartsNinja posted:

Standard for the JagerMech period. Because House Davion designed an AA platform that's incapable of traversing to track a fighter. :v:

Gotta make those medium lasers even less useful for fending off Locusts!

Probably designed by the same committee that thought it was a good idea to strip out over half of the Shadow Hawk's armor just so they can slap on an extra Medium Laser, SRM2, and ton of highly explosive ammo to the design, then wondered why their 'Mechs kept detonating.

• Locked thread