Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
al-azad
May 28, 2009

I like everything and never get disappointed. Get on my level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Jay Rust posted:

I just hate seeing Kojima rewarded. Why does he get to hang out with Mads but I don’t??

who said you can't

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

I just hate seeing Kojima rewarded. Why does he get to hang out with Mads but I don’t??

you have not attained the necessary enlightenment to be a successful Ideas Man in Video Games

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm going to get my own Mads and hang out with him

with blackjack and hookers

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

oddium posted:

who said you can't

Mads

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Zaphiel
Apr 20, 2006

Fun Shoe
If anyone is interested in Dragon Quarter, there's a very good Let's play going on: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3814785

Scintilla is really good at the game and shows off how to beat all the bosses without using any dragon powers.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Jay Rust posted:

It’s so weird seeing people like things I don’t like. I wonder if they don’t like what I like? :(

All of your posts are about hating things though.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i'm looking at the spreadsheet.xls now... jay rust likes eu4 👍

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I wish the story in this game was half as cool as all the fanart it spawned, I'd like a Jet Set YORHA crossover please

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

codenameFANGIO posted:

All of your posts are about hating things though.

Yeah I know, it’s an annoying habit.

And really, video games are good even when they’re bad

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lord of the Rings Online is one of the only good MMORPGs because it has just about every single location in Middle Earth available to explore. Including the northern region of Mordor, and Minis Tirith which I decided to explore for a bit this morning because I haven't been there yet in the game.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Are those actually other players?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

DLC Inc posted:

I wish the story in this game was half as cool as all the fanart it spawned, I'd like a Jet Set YORHA crossover please

I kind of want to get a print of that Sonic YoRHa

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Jay Rust posted:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

In addition to God of War there's actually a few games I'm looking forward to this year such as the Switch port of Tropical Freeze (I gave up on the Wii U version because of the terrible load times and the fact that the bosses were all annoying damage sponges. But maybe the new Funky Kong mode they're adding will cut down on the bullshit a bit), the upcoming Yoshi game for the Switch and Megaman 11.

Not sure if they're actually going to be coming out this year but you could add The Last of Us Part II, the first episode of Life is Strange 2 and the Switch port of The World Ends With You to that list as well. Not entirely sold on Vampyr yet but I might end up checking that out too.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Apr 12, 2018

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I kind of want to get a print of that Sonic YoRHa

Shouldn't be too hard to find, I got it on a shirt. People like it without knowing Nier Automata or Sonic Youth :shrug:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

al-azad posted:

But God of War (2018) is following in the Arkham/Tomb Raider style of having a kind of hub area and upgradable equipment and because that's every game these days and I'm fine with it.

Metroidvania.

God of War has always had upgradable equipment/pseudo RPG mechanics. It had before either of those other two games did :confused:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Unrelated, Billy Mitchell has finally officially been stripped of his top scores and is banned from competitive gaming.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

glam rock hamhock posted:

Unrelated, Billy Mitchell has finally officially been stripped of his top scores and is banned from competitive gaming.

I'm glad Steve Wiebe finally gained atonement

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Are those actually other players?

Nah, those are NPCs. All of the playerbase is pretty much in Mordor now because that's the latest content.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
So I tried out Minit. The way the game likes to play with the time mechanic can be clever (how slow you go through water, a tall lighthouse you have to climb, how slow your sword swing is, an old man that talks so slowly he'll use up all the time you have, how slow it is to chop down trees, etc) but the actual Zelda-esque puzzle solving aspect of the game doesn't really feel all that connected to the time mechanic. It just ends up kind of feeling like, well I got all I needed out of the 60 second gimmick, I kind of wish I could just now go around doing the tasks now. The world is surprisingly big and while I see what they're trying to do with the 60 second thing, it doesn't really stay engaging enough for me so I just end up wishing the time mechanic wasn't there and I could walk around and explore in this Zelda-like at my own leisure.

The music is quite good though

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

DLC Inc posted:

I'm glad Steve Wiebe finally gained atonement

The craziest thing is that Mitchell was likely fabricating high scores almost all the way back to the beginning, and Wiebe beat him through inhuman obsession and determination.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Larryb posted:

In addition to God of War there's actually a few games I'm looking forward to this year such as the Switch port of Tropical Freeze (I gave up on the Wii U version because of the terrible load times and the fact that the bosses were all annoying damage sponges. But maybe the new Funky Kong mode they're adding will cut down on the bullshit a bit), the upcoming Yoshi game for the Switch and Megaman 11.

Not sure if they're actually going to be coming out this year but you could add The Last of Us Part II, the first episode of Life is Strange 2 and the Switch port of The World Ends With You to that list as well. Not entirely sold on Vampyr yet but I might end up checking that out too.

Battletech comes out in less than two weeks and I'm looking forward to that and it still isn't in the OP! :argh:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

exquisite tea posted:

The craziest thing is that Mitchell was likely fabricating high scores almost all the way back to the beginning, and Wiebe beat him through inhuman obsession and determination.
Wiebe is the hero that video games need, but that we don't deserve.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Macaluso posted:

So I tried out Minit. The way the game likes to play with the time mechanic can be clever (how slow you go through water, a tall lighthouse you have to climb, how slow your sword swing is, an old man that talks so slowly he'll use up all the time you have, how slow it is to chop down trees, etc) but the actual Zelda-esque puzzle solving aspect of the game doesn't really feel all that connected to the time mechanic. It just ends up kind of feeling like, well I got all I needed out of the 60 second gimmick, I kind of wish I could just now go around doing the tasks now. The world is surprisingly big and while I see what they're trying to do with the 60 second thing, it doesn't really stay engaging enough for me so I just end up wishing the time mechanic wasn't there and I could walk around and explore in this Zelda-like at my own leisure.

The music is quite good though

Apparently it's like an hour long game so if the minute restriction wasn't there it would probably be like 20 minutes long.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Link to BAFTA Game Awards stream if y'all are bored as hell at work like I am!!

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1jMJgqPBMbAKL

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

In Training posted:

Apparently it's like an hour long game so if the minute restriction wasn't there it would probably be like 20 minutes long.

Sure that makes sense. The minute gimmick though just never really feels all that interesting from a gameplay standpoint.

Of course it was like what, a game jam thing I think? And it's like $10 so it's a cute little game I think people should still give a shot too. Others might find the gimmick more interesting than I did

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

hahahaha is this from Yakuza 6?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

0. Please play Yakuza 0.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Wow I should sue them for using my image without my consent

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Phantasium posted:

0. Please play Yakuza 0.

poo poo I thought I saw everything in 0, which sidequest is that???

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

DLC Inc posted:

poo poo I thought I saw everything in 0, which sidequest is that???

Miracle johnson

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
I'm loving this BAFTA games stream. The massive ratio of female hosts owns and that Abubakar Salim interview was good as hell.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

FauxLeather posted:

I'm loving this BAFTA games stream. The massive ratio of female hosts owns and that Abubakar Salim interview was good as hell.

It's weird now knowing that Bayek from Assassin's Creed cried at the end of Kingdom Hearts.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Why, it is the acclaimed director of Indian Jeans!

You have not yet begun to lol at this mission.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I'm almost at the end of Mighty Gunvolt Burst (I unlocked the Colosseum level during lunch) and I decided to check out the speedrun of Mighty Gunvolt. It's so different! I was expecting that the Burst release added a new coat of paint or something, but it's like going from an 8-bit to a 16-bit system. I really like making the perfect weapon to kill bosses, and while the game's scoring system is trying to discourage me from loading powerups on a single weapon, I don't care about my grade. It feels good to go from struggling with a boss to completely clowning them after a few minutes in the customization menu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The best bit in that mission is Kiryu going 'Well, at least I'll never have to deal with zombies again.'

• Locked thread