Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yellow borders
Jan 7, 2010

Silver Alicorn posted:

hey thread I just wanted to shout out a small update I guess

I’m finally getting referred to dermatology for laser/electro, which means I’m able to move forward a bit more on transitioning at work. it’s a good feeling

I’m still kinda lost though

itll take at least 3-4 sessions before you really start to notice a difference, adjust your expectations accordingly. for me at least it made things less painful to shave close the day of a session, especially around the philtrum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
If you like makeup, you can hide stubble shadow really well by using orange powder on your beard area underneath you foundation. The contrast causes the colors to sort of cancel.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Lain Iwakura posted:

my biggest advice for facial hair is if you can get it started before you're on hormones, your results will be a lot better

i don't have facial hair dysphoria as much now and there isn't much of it left after about 10 sessions

i'm now at the point where i dread coming in because i am sick of it

so, my insurance covers it, but only after 6 months of HRT, for some reason

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

cis autodrag posted:

If you like makeup, you can hide stubble shadow really well by using orange powder on your beard area underneath you foundation. The contrast causes the colors to sort of cancel.

I’ve been using a concealer KatelibC suggested, it’s kinda orangeish

I’d heard about using orange lip stick but that sounds awful, I might try the powder some time

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Silver Alicorn posted:

I’ve been using a concealer KatelibC suggested, it’s kinda orangeish

I’d heard about using orange lip stick but that sounds awful, I might try the powder some time

I used mac orange powder and it worked great.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

ate all the Oreos posted:

how's that supposed to work, do the hormones make it lighter so it can't absorb as much energy or something?

hormones cause your body hair to become thinner about 6-12 months in. i have 98% of all of my facial hair gone and i am just at the point where it is becoming problematic as i am at 8 months hrt now

facial hair is a problem in contrast to body hair due to its density. i've lost almost all of the minute amount of chest hair i once had by now

if you're curious about how magical these pills are...

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Lain Iwakura posted:

hormones cause your body hair to become thinner about 6-12 months in. i have 98% of all of my facial hair gone and i am just at the point where it is becoming problematic as i am at 8 months hrt now

facial hair is a problem in contrast to body hair due to its density. i've lost almost all of the minute amount of chest hair i once had by now

if you're curious about how magical these pills are...

That's not true for everybody. I still have lots of body hair after 2.5 years. I need to electrolysis it but I have to finish the electro for my bottom surgery first.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

cis autodrag posted:

That's not true for everybody. I still have lots of body hair after 2.5 years. I need to electrolysis it but I have to finish the electro for my bottom surgery first.

okay. fair. i guess i should have tacked on "ymmv"

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

:buddy:
:yosbutt:

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

I got a new job and everyone is chill about my name and pronouns

Is good, would recommend

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Congrats!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Pollyanna posted:

maybe they can put it in my boobs :v:

Yeah that's breast fat transfer. Its pretty safe and the results are pretty decent, but there's issues about the results messing up mammograms giving false positives.

https://www.realself.com/breast-fat-transfer

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
Congratulations on the butt, cis, and on the job keyboard.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Pollyanna posted:

10 years HRT this September for me :toot:

This really interesting. Has the medication (is that what you call it?) Gotten better or more effective over the years or is it pretty much a known science now for that sort of thing?

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

cis autodrag posted:

Fast. But the vicodin locks you up for a while so I haven't gone yet.

Basically you've got a 10 minute shot clock on a poop sesh so blood flow isn't cut off from the booty.

gamefaqs infinite turbo and super dunk code

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
one of my friends just started the whole hrt thing and it's really good seeing how excited they are

it was cool to hear that the stuff i wrote about my own gender bullshit helped them too

i just wish i wasn't somewhat jealous about it, since i'm still dealing w/ my own gender thought bullshit

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
https://twitter.com/KateLibc/status/984765834110234624

Dillon2
Apr 3, 2018

cis autodrag posted:

What if I am both queer and black

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

Dillon2 posted:

so is cis autodrag

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

clone on the phone posted:

This really interesting. Has the medication (is that what you call it?) Gotten better or more effective over the years or is it pretty much a known science now for that sort of thing?

when I started it was only just becoming a known science due to experimentation and analysis within the community. with the expansion of WPATH and burgeoning acceptance, the medical community more or less came to a stable conclusion by 2012 or so. I think the biggest effect has better understanding of and relaxed restrictions on treatment for stopping “original” hormone production, i.e. the recognition of orchiectomies and hysterectomies for stopping T/E production and the increased support of those surgeries.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Dillon2 posted:

orange powder on dark skin is an old drag queen trick and it works really well

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

CommunistPancake posted:

so is cis autodrag

Well, I'm mixed and very white looking. But orange powder was, as sensual dad kiss says, a trick invented by black drag queens so it'll work fine on dark skin.

Word of advice to anyone doing butt augmentation : get a wedge. Laying on your stomach hurts your back really bad but putting the thick part of a wedge pillow under you hips helps a lot.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
Is it stomach only, or is laying on your side okay? How much standing can you do?

I mean, my butt is the only body part I'm actually currently okay with, but who knows what'll happen once I start tweaking everything else, so inquiring minds want to know! :)

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Is it stomach only, or is laying on your side okay? How much standing can you do?

I mean, my butt is the only body part I'm actually currently okay with, but who knows what'll happen once I start tweaking everything else, so inquiring minds want to know! :)

Stomach only. He injected a lot into the sides of my hips too. Can't lay on any of the new fat. The swelling has reduced enough today that you can tell in hourglass shaped now, but I am covered in green bruises.

If you're just doing lipo I don't think there's any positional restrictions, so good news if you already like your hips and rear end!

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I’m as white as the driven snow

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Just a heads up, I got a pm saying fyad is screenshotting itt for one of their mock threads, because apparently nothing is funnier to them than queers talking amongst themselves.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
Jesus Christ. FYAD is such a bunch of loving losers.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
c'est la forums

Helianthus Annuus
Feb 21, 2006

can i touch your hand
Grimey Drawer
nobody post :ohdear:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

or, everybody post

poison the enemy with irony if they somehow haven't poisoned themselves already with it

Helianthus Annuus
Feb 21, 2006

can i touch your hand
Grimey Drawer
to be clear: by "nobody post :ohdear:" i meant "who gives a poo poo about fyad"

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

ik i just wanted to sneak in the irony poison dig somewhere

Helianthus Annuus
Feb 21, 2006

can i touch your hand
Grimey Drawer

e: oops wrong thread :smugdog:

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Helianthus Annuus posted:

e: oops wrong thread :smugdog:

Dogs are never in the wrong thread.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

the selfish part of me wants ba

the non-selfish part realizes i need to get a fukkin life first lol

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Avenging_Mikon posted:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Pollyanna posted:

the selfish part of me wants ba

the non-selfish part realizes i need to get a fukkin life first lol

Por que no los dos? It seems like self esteem is a challenge for you, and while physical changes aren't the end all, it will take the edge off it self image is a part of that challenge for you.

It's not selfish to want to be your best self!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
had to reschedule this date for the third time. i gotta start dating other unemployed people or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Pollyanna posted:

when I started it was only just becoming a known science due to experimentation and analysis within the community. with the expansion of WPATH and burgeoning acceptance, the medical community more or less came to a stable conclusion by 2012 or so. I think the biggest effect has better understanding of and relaxed restrictions on treatment for stopping “original” hormone production, i.e. the recognition of orchiectomies and hysterectomies for stopping T/E production and the increased support of those surgeries.

Thanks, that's super informative. I just popped in here the other day out of curiosity but I have learned a lot.