Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

DDS2's fights are drat good overall imo. Just not DDS1 good.

Bring Back DeKnight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

esperterra posted:

Bring Back DeKnight

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Timby posted:

Inhumans was already canceled, I thought.

When you sacrifice the most interesting things about your characters 20 minutes into the pilot, you should be cancelled.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
DDS2 encapsulated the inverse ninja rule, to an eye rolling extreme. The one ninja drat near killed him, but a rooftop full of hundreds? Meh.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Timby posted:

Inhumans was already canceled, I thought.

No, no, not canceled. They never planned for more than one season. Everyone on the show and the network were perfectly happy with what they created and would never dream of disrupting that perfection with a second season.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

esperterra posted:

DDS2's fights are drat good overall imo. Just not DDS1 good.

Bring Back DeKnight

gently caress you, i want my Space Marines vs Aliens tv show.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Rocksicles posted:

gently caress you, i want my Space Marines vs Aliens tv show.

I'm still holding out hope for this too. This or if they make a Highlander reboot, he should be in charge.

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I think we can all agree that even if Daredevil season 2's fights were weaker, they were still better than Iron "56 cuts in 35 seconds" Fist by five or six country miles.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

counterfeitsaint posted:

DDS2 encapsulated the inverse ninja rule, to an eye rolling extreme. The one ninja drat near killed him, but a rooftop full of hundreds? Meh.

But he finally learned how to hear them or something!
surely that counts for something

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

GoneRampant posted:

I think we can all agree that even if Daredevil season 2's fights were weaker, they were still better than Iron "56 cuts in 35 seconds" Fist by five or six country miles.

Matt, Frank, Electra and Stick actually being able to loving fight helped a lot.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

DeafNote posted:

But he finally learned how to hear them or something!
surely that counts for something

I love how they can quiet their heartbeats and move silent up until the second they have to take a breath at which point their movements are 100% "visible" for the rest of the fight.

Gravity Cant Apple
Jun 25, 2011

guys its just like if you had an apple with a straw n you poked the apple though wit it n a pebbl hadnt dropped through itd stop straw insid the apple because gravity cant apple
You'd think Daredevil would start clicking or something to echo-locate them.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
It's almost like Daredevil already has an echolocation ability that can locate and identify bodies of mass regardless if they're breathing or not and the show hosed it up for fake drama

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Should have done it more like the blind assassin from Angel.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

HIJK posted:

It's almost like Daredevil already has an echolocation ability that can locate and identify bodies of mass regardless if they're breathing or not and the show hosed it up for fake drama

This would of been less stupid if we literally don't see through his "eyes" on several occasions.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Looks like Jessica Jones and crew get to keep making terrible life decisions.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Hopefully they learn from last season.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Burning_Monk posted:

Hopefully they learn from last season.

I really want Marvel Netflix to come off the skid it’s been in. I used to be hyped for all the new shows, but outside of The Punisher, it’s been a slog to try to finish any of them for a while.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
If daredevil wore big heavy boots and screamed alot when he was fighting would he be able to see better?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
In the comics Daredevil’s baton has Vibranium caps so when he banks it off a concrete floor or whatever it paints a soundscape of the room for him, that’s why he uses it so much more in group fights and usually just knuckles up for one or two guys.

Also insanely big lol at comparing the S2 DD stairwell fight to the glorious S1 Hallway fight, as if they deserved to be part of the same show.

Do yourself a favor and compare the way Matt moves in the hallway scene (slow, brooding, extra brutal, heavily inspired by wrestling movies) vs the stairwell (quick, overtly choreographed, lots of stupid little ninja punches and flips)

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Bust Rodd posted:

Also insanely big lol at comparing the S2 DD stairwell fight to the glorious S1 Hallway fight, as if they deserved to be part of the same show.

:agreed:

That one-take fight sequence from S1 ranks among some the all-time best TV scenes.

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Bust Rodd posted:

In the comics Daredevil’s baton has Vibranium caps so when he banks it off a concrete floor or whatever it paints a soundscape of the room for him, that’s why he uses it so much more in group fights and usually just knuckles up for one or two guys.

Do yourself a favor and compare the way Matt moves in the hallway scene (slow, brooding, extra brutal, heavily inspired by wrestling movies) vs the stairwell (quick, overtly choreographed, lots of stupid little ninja punches and flips)

I don't really mind Matt's speed in the stairwell fight compared to the hallway, since in the hallway case he's very explicitly wounded and running on fumes. What I love about the hallway fight is that you visibly see Matt's exhaustation as the fight drags on.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Proteus Jones posted:

:agreed:

That one-take fight sequence from S1 ranks among some the all-time best TV scenes.

Having that linked to me on youtube was what made me watch the Netflix shows in the first place. Me and probably half their viewership.

Imagine if it was the Iron Fist fight in the opening of Defenders instead.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
I've now managed to finish the second season of Jessica and I have to say I found it a complete disappointment — I only made it to the end out of some sunk cost fallacy. Superhero stuff lives and dies on the strength of the villain and there's nothing there. IGH, Dr Malus and her mother really should have character development B plot.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Pablo Bluth posted:

Superhero stuff lives and dies on the strength of the villain

Counterpoint: superhero stuff lives and dies on the weakness of the hero. Villains are just a common delivery mechanism.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
In retrospect season 2's main theme seems to have been just how powerless you can be, despite super strength, when the force opposing you isn't some villain you can justifiably punch, but the wheels of government bureaucracy at large.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Pablo Bluth posted:

I've now managed to finish the second season of Jessica and I have to say I found it a complete disappointment — I only made it to the end out of some sunk cost fallacy. Superhero stuff lives and dies on the strength of the villain and there's nothing there. IGH, Dr Malus and her mother really should have character development B plot.

I got to episode 10, thinking there were 10 episodes in total and gave up when I saw there were 3 more and also A Series of Unfortunate Events came out. I assume there's nothing new or interesting in the last 3 that anyone would recommend sticking it out?

The only thing I might want to know for future MCU stuff is, is Carrie Anne-Moss dead? Can someone black bar that poo poo up for me and save me 3 hours?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

She's alive and the end of her arc is probably the best part of those three episodes.

e: No wait, 2x11 is pretty good for other reasons

Arist fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Apr 14, 2018

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Oohhhhhh poo poo Danny Rand might be ash. maybe he just doesnt come back??

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I think netflix shoes have to take place outside of time because there’s no way to control how fast people watch. Agents of Shield probably has you covered, if it’s still on and airing this week.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

business hammocks posted:

I think netflix shoes have to take place outside of time because there’s no way to control how fast people watch. Agents of Shield probably has you covered, if it’s still on and airing this week.

All the other kids with the pumped up flicks
You'd better run, better run, out run my playlist.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Burning_Monk posted:

All the other kids with the pumped up flicks
You'd better run, better run, out run my playlist.

Hogan Knows Best Meat Shoes

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Danny's fine.

It's only the ones you love that it happens to.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Danny's fine.

It's only the ones you love that it happens to.

Oh no... what about The Mandarin everybody loved him.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/993490890051194880

I'm sure it will fall into all the usual Netflix traps, but drat that's a nice trailer.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

howe_sam posted:

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/993490890051194880

I'm sure it will fall into all the usual Netflix traps, but drat that's a nice trailer.

It really is, here's hoping it doesn't suck

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
did Misty lose her arm in season 1?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It was in Defenders.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Neato:

but "Sometimes brutality gets poo poo done." is... poorly worded?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Soothing Vapors posted:

did Misty lose her arm in season 1?

They did a fakeout lost arm injury in season one and then backed off on it. She lost her arm for realsies in The Defenders not long before that tower blew up via ninja.