Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
not if we invade. jesus god you're thick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
oh im sorry you're not brave enough to actually say what you're thinking, you just nibble around the edges with "someone should DO SOMETHING" rhetoric and then retreat when someone points out your words and thoughts are bad

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
nah, what i'm doing is pointing out that you don't have any valid suggestions for ending the war without intervention

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He was joking

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

lollontee posted:

nah, what i'm doing is pointing out that you don't have any valid suggestions for ending the war without intervention

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

cheer5

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

wisdom

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

The Poster's Prayer

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
it's like five years too late for there to be any outcome to Syria that doesn't involve a ton more dead people

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

lollontee posted:

lol the US has to invade in order to "end" the war otherwise the war won't end

that's a pretty creative argument that I haven't heard before, but I may not have heard it before because you'd have to be a really huge dumbass to make it

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

if your only criteria for policy is ending the war, russian intervention and the US withdrawing will meet that criteria

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Bombing syria is some dumb loving poo poo

IRL I am pretty loving furious over this horse poo poo, my spouse is like "it's not like it's surprising" and i'm like "that's exactly why I'm pissed"

"syria" looking pretty ominous

Egg Moron has issued a correction as of 22:56 on Apr 12, 2018

THS
Sep 15, 2017

im surprised its taken this long, i thought it was gonna happen last year

THS
Sep 15, 2017

i mean we did last year, i just fully expect the Real poo poo now

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
If you can think of nothing that wouldn't do harm, then do nothing.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He's gunna chicken out

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

BAH GAWD IS THAT DONALD TRUMP'S MUSIC!?

ffssssshhaowaowaoowwwwwww BOOOOM

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
love leftist creative accounting

a few cruise missiles is an "invasion"

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Two airplanes aren't an act of war either but hey look what the right thought of it

THS
Sep 15, 2017

“but we have to do something!!”

-amnesiac residents of an aggressive empire led by a retard. millions of corpses already stacked up since 2001

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Plutonis posted:

Two airplanes aren't an act of war either but hey look what the right thought of it

weird how callous people are when the violence they handwave is distant and hypothetical to them

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos
srsly give me one reason why this is a bad idea?

It's time to confront and destroy the largest supporter of fascism on the planet, Russia.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

HorrificExistence posted:

srsly give me one reason why this is a bad idea?

It's time to confront and destroy the largest supporter of fascism on the planet, Russia.

i hope there’s an accidental gas explosion at your house and you get third degree burns, permanent scarring and you breathe through a tube for the rest of your horrificexistence

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

we're gunna have to nuke russia, it's the only way. sorry everyone.

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos

Yandat posted:

i hope there’s an accidental gas explosion at your house and you get third degree burns, permanent scarring and you breathe through a tube for the rest of your miserable existence

Why do you support colonists and fascists.

The Alawites are a colonial ruling class, remnants of French power.

The uprising against them was to install nativist democracy. Western leftists, largely being racists, saw the whiter Alawites as a "civilized" ruling race in contrast to the Muslim nativists and working-class revolutionaries.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

The uprising against them was to install nativist democracy. Western leftists, largely being racists, saw the whiter Alawites as a "civilized" ruling race in contrast to the Muslim nativists and working-class revolutionaries.

which is why the US must invade and install the muslim nativists as a puppet government

i mean i know this is a troll but ugghhhh do better please

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos

Karl Barks posted:

which is why the US must invade and install the muslim nativists as a puppet government

You'd rather see an apartheid continue than launch a war against it?

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

You'd rather see an apartheid continue than launch a war against it?

me personally? i'd rather play a video game or something. i dunno, i don't have much sway with the government

THS
Sep 15, 2017

i hope your family is in your house too, when it explodes, so while you’re in a full body cast in the hospital you get a chance to reflect on the concept of loss

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos

Yandat posted:

i hope your family is in your house too, when it explodes, so while you’re in a full body cast in the hospital you get a chance to reflect on the concept of loss

Hope you reflect on the 300k that Assad's racial regime has killed.

Glad you hate the US more than you care about real people.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thanks for treating us to your ongoing manic episode

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Im in favor of a mass extinction event

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
if one cares about the Syrian people, perhaps one might consider getting them out of the line of fire as a more productive step rather than bombing their places of residence even further, regardless of the intent behind the bombing

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Bana Alabed told me she's prays the USA will free her and her family by dropping more bombs on Syria, think of the children.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Hope you reflect on the 300k that Assad's racial regime has killed.

Glad you hate the US more than you care about real people.

god is real and you’re going to hell bitch

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos
America just needed to support more radical parties. If America armed orthodox islamists, the Assad regime could have been destroyed and a natavist Islamic republic established.

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

I'm not the one fantasizing my maiming by fire.

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Extremely rude to call out the tankies like this

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

America: extremely wicked, bad imperialistsfor considering lobbing cruise missiles after a chemical weapons attack

Iran: intervenes to help kill several hundred thousand ppl, but what is a boy to do

THS
Sep 15, 2017

gradenko_2000 posted:

if one cares about the Syrian people, perhaps one might consider getting them out of the line of fire as a more productive step rather than bombing their places of residence even further, regardless of the intent behind the bombing

why would intent matter. if we had the best of intentions, and we don’t, what about our track record in the middle east should give anyone the idea that we have the ability to carry out anything except collapsing states, mass famine, and insane slaughter resulting in millions of deaths and even further destabilization spiraling out of whatever ground zero we last deigned to help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos
Russia: Carpet bombing working-class suburbs to prop up an unpopular colonist regime.

Truly the leftist party in this