Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

its fine, looks good, but the whole thing is just a rerun of hagane orchestra. not really funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
no one looks nearly as cute in hagane and i don't have a davboner for short shows until i get around to watching teekyuu.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

*dav voice* it's a hagane orchestra ripoff

e: oh there was a new page

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Davincie posted:

its the new trend in budget anime creation

In a few years anime will devolve back to puppet shows displayed on the back of bikes.

Or alternatively just Hellshake Yano:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqkmI3ZdJ8c

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Space Flower posted:

no one looks nearly as cute in hagane and i don't have a davboner for short shows until i get around to watching teekyuu.

shorts are good, tbh

RME
Feb 20, 2012

pte couldnt even get being a short right

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Hisone & Maso-tan is really loving weird. Not sure if I like. Also wonder what Netflix is going to do with the blatant product placement, I'm not sure Yakult exists outside Japan?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

wonder how ive been getting it then, cause ive been drinking it for decades

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Davincie posted:

its the new trend in budget anime creation

It's a bummer cause I miss gorgeous painted backgrounds

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Crain posted:

In a few years anime will devolve back to puppet shows displayed on the back of bikes.

Or alternatively just Hellshake Yano:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqkmI3ZdJ8c

I'd watch an entire series of high speed kamishibai.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Dzhay posted:

The spider girl is extremely good.

I was going to post an image but I'm too lazy to do my own screencaps and this thread contains all three of the people on the entire internet who are watching this show.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

fantasy still tends to have some good stuff background wise (and its not like most non-fantasy/sf shows weren't just tracing their backgrounds) like with grimgar, though it didn't have much else good about it, but even there you get stuff like this in well, period:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I've seen plenty of great background art in recent stuff like made in abyss, acca, b the beginning, land of the lustrous, etc

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

There are entire studios largely dedicated to background art.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Sharkopath posted:

I miss the backgrounds of grimgar

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

They're still aro8nd yeah, that sounded more final than I wanted to.

Something I haven't seen very often tho is people doing dof effects with multiple background layers like the old multipane film animation cameras could do. Its gotta be an time/expense prohibitive deal since it seems like digital backgrounds have no barrier to doing that.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

this looks sorta vaguely like aged up gekkan nozaki kun

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Davincie posted:

fantasy still tends to have some good stuff background wise (and its not like most non-fantasy/sf shows weren't just tracing their backgrounds) like with grimgar, though it didn't have much else good about it, but even there you get stuff like this in well, period:

ill take barely edited photographs over the cg in citrus

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Idle curiosity - is Netflix Simulcasting Maso-Tan outside of the US like they did with VEG?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Futaba Anzu posted:

this looks sorta vaguely like aged up gekkan nozaki kun

It's not really, but it's still very good and fun.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
It's less farcical and more casually cute

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Also the characters are actually dating

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

and none of those pesky gay relationships

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Did something happen in the nozaki manga

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
there's homos in nozaki?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
nozaki x mikorin, op

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I think you mean Nozaki x Ken-san.

Personal_Nirvana
Dec 28, 2012
Megalo box is the real deal and holy poo poo its uncanny how much it reminds me of Cowboy Beebop for some reason

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Personal_Nirvana posted:

Megalo box is the real deal and holy poo poo its uncanny how much it reminds me of Cowboy Beebop for some reason

Perma-broke protagonist with big hair, sick martial arts skills, and a death-wish?

Personal_Nirvana
Dec 28, 2012
Dont forget the kickass soundtrack

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Perma-broke protagonist with big hair, sick martial arts skills, and a death-wish?

Compared to our boy J.D., Spike had a mere yearning. A slight death-yen.

The shots of Yuri's place were brilliant. Of course his nice house is out in the boonies.

The dog sleeps in the yard.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

nielsm posted:

Hisone & Maso-tan is really loving weird. Not sure if I like. Also wonder what Netflix is going to do with the blatant product placement, I'm not sure Yakult exists outside Japan?

Yakult is like the one of those cultured milk drinks I’d expect people to actually know. It’s no Vitagen.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Finally got to see Wotakoi with subs.

Really good adaptation, great OP, and the animation is solid.

I do like how they changed the opening from the manga, which is needed for anime only watchers since otherwise it'd feel like they were missing something.

Still not up on amazon US because they're hot garbage.

EDIT:gif

https://i.imgur.com/SHm11LN.gifv

Crain fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Apr 13, 2018

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Eh Wotakoi looked a bit patchy but OP is good. Also, I'm ready for non-HS settings even if it's just offices.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Alder posted:

Eh Wotakoi looked a bit patchy but OP is good. Also, I'm ready for non-HS settings even if it's just offices.

yeah imo that's the biggest draw, a cast that's not all high schoolers and secondly just being chill and cute

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

Spiritus Nox posted:

Idle curiosity - is Netflix Simulcasting Maso-Tan outside of the US like they did with VEG?

No.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

doesnt even aim for rathian's head trash bow player

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Futaba Anzu posted:

doesnt even aim for rathian's head trash bow player

What if they're aiming at the wings for more spike+s because you need a billion of the drat things?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

man monster hunter is so fun, there should be a monster hunter anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Futaba Anzu posted:

man monster hunter is so fun, there should be a monster hunter anime

you're in luck

http://www.crunchyroll.com/monster-hunter-stories-ride-on