Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
since we have a zucc zone, we now need a zhuk zone for georgy zhukov IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

papa_november posted:

Every trip i take through Old LF and the rap sheets of the posters from there (4/5th of which are permaed, banned, perma-probated, abandoned, etc) 100% justifies the money i spent on archives. I would highly, highly recommend it.

i always find it a bit melancholy seeing all those posters i used to enjoy gone. it's embarrassing to admit how large an impact LF had on my political and ideological growth.

all those shitposts will be lost in time, like tears in rain. time to ban.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
some are still here... under reregs

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i think i bailed and went off the forums for awhile before it went really sour

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

my original account was banned during the lf purge, though I looked through my old posts a bit recently and was mildly embarrassed by them

Sheng-Ji Yang fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Apr 11, 2018

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

If you're not embarrassed by your old posts you're not human.

https://twitter.com/unhaunting/status/469544578597789697

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Dreddout posted:

Eastern Europe is everything east of the Elbe, and this is trivially true to anyone that isn't afraid of being called slavic don't @ me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwDrHqNZ9lo

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Morzhovyye posted:

If you're not embarrassed by your old posts you're not human.

https://twitter.com/unhaunting/status/469544578597789697

:bong emoticon: whoaaaaaaa does this mean that reactionaries are at war with the person they will be in two years? holy poo poo

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/gangster_popeye/status/984165268254474240?s=21

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Lots of the old lfers are on the rhizzone but it's a pretty weird place in general

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
the rhizzone is good

i don't have an account there but i lurk and read their front page stuff

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

but is it like good good or ironic good

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
good good

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Its full of bad hombres

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!
it's not so hard to register there guys. I mean, they even let me post there!

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

rudatron posted:

Its full of bad hombres

this is the only endorsement the rhizzone needs lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

wddp is still really active too apparently

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

whats a good rhizzone article

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
I still don't understand what wddp and rhizzone are. all I know about them is that they're part of the lf diaspora. what are they about? who founded them? why don't people like me?

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!
All I know is I got banned from Wddp, and I'm still not sure why. They're huge into idpol, if that's your thing?

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Getright downlo posted:

I still don't understand what wddp and rhizzone are. all I know about them is that they're part of the lf diaspora. what are they about? who founded them? why don't people like me?

i've never been to wddp but from what i've heard it's a haven for the militant idpol section of the diaspora and rhizzone is where the marxism posters ended up. the true defining line is one forum believes the use of fail aids is funny and acceptable and the other does not.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

R. Guyovich posted:

i've never been to wddp but from what i've heard it's a haven for the militant idpol section of the diaspora and rhizzone is where the marxism posters ended up. the true defining line is one forum believes the use of fail aids is funny and acceptable and the other does not.

what's the official c-spam line on fail aids?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
has anyone played crisis in the kremlin? should i go full tankie? i need to know the best way of keeping the union together.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

has anyone played crisis in the kremlin? should i go full tankie? i need to know the best way of keeping the union together.

its basically impossible to retain anything but russia and central asia but I survived by politically liberalizing somewhat while mostly retaining central planning once.

if you mean the original, theres a remake on steam that looks pretty lovely.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

it just isn't lf without t-paine and getfiscal

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
my dude have you heard about twitter dot com

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Plutonis posted:

it just isn't lf without t-paine and getfiscal

rip t-paine, brought us :negative: and then he died or whatever

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/ironyboytxt/status/984151122410483712

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

that dude is so freaking lame

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

R. Guyovich posted:

the true defining line is one forum believes the use of fail aids is funny and acceptable and the other does not.

this cuts to the quick of basically all the big slap fights that are happening in the other parts of the internet that are less avente-garde than LF was

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

your a fail aids retard *smirks as the left collapses into spiraling struggle sessions*

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

this cuts to the quick of basically all the big slap fights that are happening in the other parts of the internet that are less avente-garde than LF was

you show me a reddit thread one one-hundredth as good as infrateal vs heebie gbs and I’ll buy lifetime reddit gold or w/e

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

your a fail aids retard *smirks as the left collapses into spiraling struggle sessions*

*buys resistance shirt woven by 6 year old bangladeshi kids*

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
that maher guy is dumb but that account is insanely bad and weird

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
some of its posts are bad, some of its posts are funny, and in sum, the account is a land of contrasts

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
some of its posts are stalking a trans woman's locked account to take photos from it

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
i will update my vast spreadsheet of online posters and their crimes to reflect this, thank you

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
i imagine a spreadsheet is very efficient, i'm still using a wall chart but now it covers every surface in my house and it's really become a pain

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
I just carve into my inner thigh the usernames of those who have wronged me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Dreddout posted:

I just carve into my inner thigh the usernames of those who have wronged me