Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

https://i.imgur.com/9SwXX0o.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

40% fewer crashes than just driving into a wall

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

the NTSB was one of the organizations that was spun off from the Civil Aeronautics Board in the 60s. the other one was the FAA.

they investigate every airline accident in which the USA is even slightly involved. they're those people with warehouses full of carefully laid-out debris who reconstruct the exact chain of failure events down to the millisecond from the angle of paint scratches on a busted piece of a stabilizer.

what i'm saying is they are purely an advisory panel, don't really know what they're doing, and they certainly have no teeth, no siree, so the fact that they're investigating a car company when most of their business is airplanes and cargo ships, why, that's not an omen of anything at all

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

"you're not even my real dad anyway!" -elon musk

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

the fallout will be that they need to rename autopilot to 'lane assistance wink wink '

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

muckswirler posted:

the fallout will be that they need to rename autopilot to 'lane assistance wink wink '

Autopilotx ;-)

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

muckswirler posted:

the fallout will be that they need to rename autopilot to 'vehicular suicide '

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
it's going to have a retarded quasihuman name like "elon"

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

our latest model tests your vigilance with the constant knowledge that at any moment it could decide to kill your family in a fiery wreck

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

in case anyone likes reading actual documents, heres the stuff that tesla agreed to:
https://www.ntsb.gov/legal/Documents/NTSB_Investigation_Party_Form.pdf

the big thing they violated:

quote:

Prior to the NTSB’s adoption of the final report, only appropriate NTSB personnel are
authorized to publicly disclose investigative findings, and, even then, the release shall be
limited to verified factual information identified during the course of the investigation. In
addition, party participants or their respective organizations must refrain from providing
opinions or analysis of the accident outside of the participants in the investigation. Failure
to abide by these requirements may lead to removal of a party from the investigation.
Any questions on this policy may be directed to the NTSB’s IIC on an investigation, or to
the NTSB’s Public Affairs Office at 202-314-6100.

heres the letter that tells Tesla they're off the case:
https://www.ntsb.gov/investigations/Documents/HWY18FH011-TeslaPartyRemovalNotificationLetter-041218.pdf

heres the pages for the highway investigations (nothing official other than the letter):
https://www.ntsb.gov/investigations/Pages/HWY18FH011.aspx

(heres the uber link if you're keeping track: https://www.ntsb.gov/investigations/Pages/HWY18FH010.aspx )

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

https://twitter.com/phoenixnewtimes/status/984503661194702848

this turbo teen reboot is looking kinda dark

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

was wondering when we'd get a maximum overdrive reboot

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

turn left shrek noooo

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Plank Walker posted:

turn left shrek noooo

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
if he doesn’t turn left he should at least move ogre.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
i just assume that the 40% thing Tesla keeps touting is either bullshit or a factoid stretched so thin it may as well be bullshit am i right.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Plank Walker posted:

turn left shrek noooo

uber is love, uber is life

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

leftist heap posted:

i just assume that the 40% thing Tesla keeps touting is either bullshit or a factoid stretched so thin it may as well be bullshit am i right.

it’s to do with “the number of traffic incidents involving Tesla vehicles [since the introduction of autopilot].” i’m not sure that it differentiates between the severity of crashes. it is a fairly worthless statistic, considering the problem was with the sort of people that buy Teslas, and a 40% reduction of all incidents is not very convincing when the tech has such foundational problems

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

“a bunch of reckless nouveau riche tech fucks get in crashes 40% less” but the total number of incidents still dwarfs all other vehicles 🤔

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

maybe those people getting in accidents realized that Tesla wasn’t so great and went back to crashing Porches

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
yeah you just don’t get that same deathspinfeel out of a tesla.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

President Beep posted:

if he doesn’t turn left he should at least move ogre.

:stat::hf::wal:

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

more like douchey lmao

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

https://www.westernjournal.com/breaking-referendum-to-split-calif-into-3-states-will-be-on-ballot/

lol they're going to split california into "blue", "red", and "red"

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

tired: gerrymandering by redrawing districts
wired: gerrymandering by redrawing states

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

doesn't matter what they vote to do, because they need the consent of the u.s. senate, which will never be forthcoming

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

https://twitter.com/arielwaldman/status/984576502238007296?s=19

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

won’t it end up like

* incredibly wealthy republican enclave
* incredibly wealthy neoliberal enclave
* meth barrens

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

lancemantis posted:

won’t it end up like

* incredibly wealthy republican enclave
* incredibly wealthy neoliberal enclave
* meth barrens

* meth barrens
* san francisco
* meth barrens

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

it's going to have a retarded quasihuman name like "elon"

automusk

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

haveblue posted:

Autopilotx ;-)

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

the x stands for xtreme

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
meth barrens
zor

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
fart
boner

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

please dont divulge my morning routine

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

President Beep posted:

please dont divulge my morning routine

Piss is stored in the balls, farts are stored in the boner.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

dutch condom

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

oh that's the deal with that recruiter

the ones they/it sent me aren't bad but I bet they trained their matching in development jobs

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
facebook's down, did the gov drop the hammer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

facebook's down, did the gov drop the hammer