Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
victrix
Oct 30, 2007

You only need one weapon, you can melt down others and use the result to upgrade any weapon, or (eventually) buy a currency item to upgrade them.

The mp is dumb yes. I solved that by not playing it :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Playing since launch and pulled the following 5*.

5 Luneth
4 Marie
4 Reberta
3 Ramza
3 Gilgamesh
3 Orlandeau
3 Seabreeze Dark Fina
2 Christine
2 Ex Aileen
2 Onion Knight
2 Trance Terra
2 Dark Fina
2 Delita
Ayaka
Basch
Chow
Eiko
White Knight Noel
Ang
Balthier
CG Sakura
Cloud
Elfreeda
Emperor
Fohlen
Kryla
Lightning
Loren
CG Fina
Merc Ramza
Nyx
Queen
Rem
VotD
VotL
Zargabaath

That’s a lot!

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare

victrix posted:

You only need one weapon, you can melt down others and use the result to upgrade any weapon, or (eventually) buy a currency item to upgrade them.

Yes, but don't you have to meet like 12 weapons to upgrade one to max?

quote:

The mp is dumb yes. I solved that by not playing it :v:

True, but as far as I can tell that means you miss out on the character specific armors.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

werdnam posted:

True, but as far as I can tell that means you miss out on the character specific armors.

Nah. You get one free copy as you progress to unlocking the stupid multiplayer quest.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Been looking a lot at 7* stuff on the Famitsu wiki. The 6* characters are all rated similarly to the English FFBE wiki... and the 7* units go from 20.0 to 22.0. A "bad" 7* like Marie is "only" rated 20.0. We're probably going to be good for a while even with "bad" 7* units...

Thats probably more famitsus scaling than anything. They chose 20 as the base rating for all 7* and its pretty much bottom tier on it, to go bellow 7* the character would be really loving bad. If you remove the outliers from 3*-6* ratings theres only a 3 point gap between the worst and best.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Thats probably more famitsus scaling than anything. They chose 20 as the base rating for all 7* and its pretty much bottom tier on it, to go bellow 7* the character would be really loving bad. If you remove the outliers from 3*-6* ratings theres only a 3 point gap between the worst and best.

My point was that the worst 7* is still pretty dang good for a good while.

I'm trying to be encouraging. :v:

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

My point was that the worst 7* is still pretty dang good for a good while.

I'm trying to be encouraging. :v:

It is. The stat boosts alone are pretty massive when you consider you get 2-4x that number as the final increase in effective stats.

And for damage dealers, they’re going to be quite a bit more effective because you get the level increase too, and level is part of the damage formula. I’m not sure on the precise details because I just assumed it was your level vs. the target’s level. The way it’s listed on the wiki is just a raw 20% damage boost for being 120. It might be different than that, but with most of the ways they’re usually calculated, I think a conservative estimate is still at least 16% increase solely based off of level - ignoring the stat increases for said levels, which are worth even more.

E: I think this undersells it because 7* get massive boosts to abilities and stats. The level part is a drop in the bucket, which was the point I guess.

Ugato fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Apr 12, 2018

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

The main thing I was curious about with macroing is do I need to really do any preparation outside of the actual script/emulator set up? Who do I put in my party? Does it automatically take me to the locations from the start screen? I’m just a rookie :sigh:

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Bob NewSCART posted:

The main thing I was curious about with macroing is do I need to really do any preparation outside of the actual script/emulator set up? Who do I put in my party? Does it automatically take me to the locations from the start screen? I’m just a rookie :sigh:

Make sure the BE app is in the middle-bottom of your emulator's home screen (or just cover all the icon spots with it). Then go to the earth shrine, pick one of the non-exploration instances, pick a friend, make sure you have my TM party selected (this is important!), and then start the macro. It'll mash inputs to make the left characters attack and the inputs to select one of the non-exploration instances and power through back into the fight. There's edge cases and some it can handle. If the emulator crashes in battle and the macro can hit the BE app on your homescreen it'll get back to the "Resume Quest" dialog and hit the resume option. However if it crashes on the map or so there won't be the resume prompt and it'll end up clicking on the world map somewhere, you'll have to turn off the macro and fix it. There's also hitting the material cap, the macro is set up so it shouldn't do something like sell or spend lapis expanding your inventory capacity.

There's two major variants of the script: One that'll use lapis to refresh energy when you run out, and another that'll avoid the lapis buttons and just hit back to close the restore energy dialog and try again to keep your energy depleted. Make sure you're running the correct macro so you don't blow lapis when you don't mean to.

You can let it run and just watch it, Nox at least shows where the macro is clicking so you can watch it in action. I'd assume Memu can do the same. Once it starts repeating the Earth Shrine just check up on it every couple minutes, then hours, then you can let it run overnight or when you're out/at work.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Bob NewSCART posted:

Well, to start, maybe put the characters you want to grind the TMRs out for. In your party. :v:

I use FRep on an ancient Android tablet, and i just move to the Earth Shrine, start it up, and it plays the Earth Shrine with my current party until the tablet has an aneurism because it's old and FRep is set to disengage upon app change.

I expect it's something similar for emulator macros.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Well, to start, maybe put the characters you want to grind the TMRs out for. In your party. :v:

I use FRep on an ancient Android tablet, and i just move to the Earth Shrine, start it up, and it plays the Earth Shrine with my current party until the tablet has an aneurism because it's old and FRep is set to disengage upon app change.

I expect it's something similar for emulator macros.

I mean I figured that was obvious but in the case where I’m trying to level up and get dark veritas’ TMR but I only have a single version of him, would I just throw in other random party members too or what?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Thanks man, only question I have is what did you mean by “my TM party”

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Looks like Fryevia's enhancements are literally just "throw more numbers at it", so it is unlikely they fixed any of her actual problems. RIP.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Throw more numbers at it can fix a lot of problems in that if they are high enough you'll deal with her issues.

She gets a higher modifier to ffb and a higher imperil and a boost to health and defensive statas on a character that already has an auto reraise effect. These could potentially make her top tier again if FFBE is just higher raw damage than any of the other chain abilities

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

Dana Crysalis posted:

Looks like Fryevia's enhancements are literally just "throw more numbers at it", so it is unlikely they fixed any of her actual problems. RIP.

If you think Fryevia's problem is her chaining frames, the Quick Peek for Yun didn't say anything about changed frames.
Counterpoint: Original Yun's bad chaining made him fall way behind the power curve, while Fryevia is still one of the best magic chainers.

Bob NewSCART posted:

Thanks man, only question I have is what did you mean by “my TM party”

You can have up to 5 saved party layouts, accessible by the left or right arrows on your row of units like at the Unit screen. Once you are TMR macroing it's best to have 1 party with all units you want to farm their TMR from. Also, the small chance of TMR gains is random across your entire party so it's best to take a party of 5 when TMR farming, even if some of units have lower priority TMRs.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

PDQ Law posted:

If you think Fryevia's problem is her chaining frames, the Quick Peek for Yun didn't say anything about changed frames.
Counterpoint: Original Yun's bad chaining made him fall way behind the power curve, while Fryevia is still one of the best magic chainers.

You can have up to 5 saved party layouts, accessible by the left or right arrows on your row of units like at the Unit screen. Once you are TMR macroing it's best to have 1 party with all units you want to farm their TMR from. Also, the small chance of TMR gains is random across your entire party so it's best to take a party of 5 when TMR farming, even if some of units have lower priority TMRs.

What I assumed but I’m just making sure I’m not being an idiot. Do you guys have a problem with me listing off some of the better dudes I have once I actually take stock of them and helping me try to figure out who actually works with who and what works with what? This game is complex as hell coming from having never played a FF game

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Bob NewSCART posted:

What I assumed but I’m just making sure I’m not being an idiot. Do you guys have a problem with me listing off some of the better dudes I have once I actually take stock of them and helping me try to figure out who actually works with who and what works with what? This game is complex as hell coming from having never played a FF game

If you're buildings Dark Veritas, then you'd want to prioritize Zidane/Loren/Gilgamesh for dual-wield, and Glauca/Delita for a dark elemental weapon, Cecil/Steiner for a light elemental weapon to match the dozens of Orlandeau friend units you should have as well then other stuff depending on what else you pulled like Desch or Werei.

DV is pretty easy to gear since you can get a lot of decent stuff for him from fairly easy Trials(Large Sword Mastery, Demon Mail, Genji Blade, ATK 30%, Ifrits Claw).

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Apparently if you end a turn by summoning an Esper, and then Olive's Mortar Beacon lands next turn and kills the enemy, it'll still count as using the Esper to win. Could be useful for the people who keep suffering with those missions.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

Bob NewSCART posted:

Sure, go ahead. You could also check out the Discord!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

Dana Crysalis posted:

FFB has two damage boosts and the 2nd enhancement boosts her ice resist reduction so if +2 means -75% ice resist instead of -50% that in and of itself is a pretty huge damage boost.

I guess I should start TMR grinding some Wadows to replace the Magistal crests I have on Fryevia. I need more MAG TMs anyways since TTerra's got needs as well.

PaybackJack posted:

If you're buildings Dark Veritas, then you'd want to prioritize Zidane/Loren/Gilgamesh for dual-wield, and Glauca/Delita for a dark elemental weapon, Cecil/Steiner for a light elemental weapon to match the dozens of Orlandeau friend units you should have as well then other stuff depending on what else you pulled like Desch or Werei.

DV is pretty easy to gear since you can get a lot of decent stuff for him from fairly easy Trials(Large Sword Mastery, Demon Mail, Genji Blade, ATK 30%, Ifrits Claw).

He can buy a Dual Wield materia for 12k event currency right now and should do so immediately if he has not bought it yet.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Fryevia is the first global unit that you can sort of see where they are going with their 7*. She's def getting W-Ability, her enhancements synergize with W-Attack since she can boost the damage of her finisher from an ffb chain. Being hybrid used to be a con but with so much hybrid gear available now a top of the line Fryevia could probably be the top damage unit at 7*, even above Hyou.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Also, don’t dismiss the idea that they modified the frames on FFB. Agrias’ DR+2 says nothing in the description about changing the timing of the ability. On paper it doesn’t even look like anything changes from +1 to +2.

quote:

Divine Ruination +1 Physical damage (2x) with ignore DEF (50%) to one enemy
Decrease light resistance (50%) for 3 turns to one enemy
Divine Ruination +2 Physical damage (2x) with ignore DEF (50%) to one enemy
Decrease light resistance (50%) for 3 turns to one enemy

I would say at this point it’s kind of unlikely. But at the same time it would actually make all the HE family chainers that much stronger. It would put us at 3 5* base, with notable mention of Agrias and 2 coming up by the start of summer at the latest (Sephiroth and CG Raegan - and rain-daddy already cares about ice damage). Having 5 chainers of the same family with 3 element imperils (4 with Raegan finally bringing in fire) would be quite nice.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Mischalaniouse posted:

Sure, go ahead. You could also check out the Discord!

Didn’t even think of this. Even better idea

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Issue Report: “Game crashes accessing Conspiracy of the Throne”

I don’t even see it anywhere.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
It doesn't come out until tomorrow. It's a preemptive apology for something they are not going to bother to fix in the 24 hours they have to fix it.

Same as that time they told us like 3 days in advance that a bug would cause all their bundles to disappear in 3 days.Then they apparently didn't try to fix it in those 3 days, and sure enough, they disappeared.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Fryevia is the first global unit that you can sort of see where they are going with their 7*. She's def getting W-Ability, her enhancements synergize with W-Attack since she can boost the damage of her finisher from an ffb chain. Being hybrid used to be a con but with so much hybrid gear available now a top of the line Fryevia could probably be the top damage unit at 7*, even above Hyou.

Fryevia's locked to an element, Hyou isn't. :eng101:

Not being locked to an element is also part of what makes Lila so insanely powerful (and her gear options can access every element in game, IIRC).

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
They could give her a non-(inherently)elemental ability with her 7*, but it’s doubtful since her unit flavor is definitely “ice”. Ice isn’t a bad element to lock in on. Ice is also the element of one of the few weapons we have with built in killers. Since we have no clue until it drops it’s all just (fun) speculation. Honestly my biggest excitement for Fry enhancements currently is that they made her less squishy.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Ugato posted:

They could give her a non-(inherently)elemental ability with her 7*, but it’s doubtful since her unit flavor is definitely “ice”. Ice isn’t a bad element to lock in on. Ice is also the element of one of the few weapons we have with built in killers. Since we have no clue until it drops it’s all just (fun) speculation. Honestly my biggest excitement for Fry enhancements currently is that they made her less squishy.

Fryevia already has an ability without inherent element. It's Second Intention, which is getting 3 big damage boosts as its two enhancements. Two innate, and a third for using after FFB.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Yeah, mostly meant in the context of Hyou who can dual (and triple) cast his chaining abilities which are heavily weighted on the last hit to finish their own chain. That’s the style of non-elemental ability Fryevia would need to outclass Hyou.

BBPattyMeltz
Apr 12, 2018
Hey all,

I've been lurking for a long time looking for an amazing cel game to drop all my spare time at work into. From everything I've read and looking at the communities around the SA forums this game seems to be really amazing. I have been a longtime FF fan, and the number of people in the community giving away accounts and helping newbies out is really impressive. So here I am taking the dive, and I even got a pretty bad rear end start with the help of a redditor (Loren x2, Tidus x2, Wilhelm, Trance Terra, Seabreeze (?!?) Dark Fina, Nyx, Aileen, Lara Croft (Tomb Raider??? that's not FF) and Delita). I saw the google spreadsheet and am going to put my info on there, but looking forward to you all schooling me on how to kick this game's rear end. At least I snuck in before this whole 7* thing is happening. Nice to meet you all!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Hey guys, I read over what y'all said in comparison of this vs DFFOO and from what I've seen so far in just messing around with the tutorial and re-rolling for a couple hours it seems like a more palatable game to me. Just a better aesthetic, use of crossovers, and it feels more fun to fiddle around with than DFFOO does. I feel kind of embarrassed though that the account that I tied the throwaway Facebook for my first go of things ended up having a 5* Prompto which I'm reading on the wiki is one of the better units so I ended up spending hours rerolling for a good rainbow unit without realizing I apparently had one the whole time! :doh:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Don’t forget to come hang out in the discord. We’re always willing to give advice or share a requested friend unit, especially a solo build for some of the trials that can be cheezed.

https://discord.gg/Jx9b6Rt

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
I tried forcing myself to like DFFOO for weeks, but it never stuck. I hate everything about it.

New folks: Go to Reddit and get a re-rolled account that is to your liking. Don't reroll yourself like that other goon.

BBPattyMeltz
Apr 12, 2018
Seriously, I tried to reroll a few times and it was hell. I instead took a week or so and hunted around. A lot of people are giving away some amazing accounts they have been "cultivating" for a while to newbies. This whole community seems really friendly, especially on Reddit. That or Brave-Exvius.com both had a lot of people giving away awesome accounts.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

BBPattyMeltz posted:

(Loren x2, Tidus x2, Wilhelm, Trance Terra, Seabreeze (?!?) Dark Fina, Nyx, Aileen, Lara Croft (Tomb Raider??? that's not FF) and Delita).

:wtc:

Yeah if that’s the kind of stuff they’re giving away, that is 100% the way to go.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I'm too lazy to deal with the spreadsheet but I made some room on my friends list, hook me up: 491,088,281. I set up a 2B that can solo the Gilgamesh trial: Make a party of five or less with my 2B and just spam Speed/Extract Speed as MP permits (Greg will drain MP but 2B can recover some MP with a Holy counter), her LB (save it as he gets low on HP, around 4% so you LB should finish him for the Win with a LB challenge for a 10% TM moogle), or just regular attacks. She has all the solo bits: A Light elemental weapon, 100% physical evade, and paralysis immunity.

I need to get Man Eater+...

e: oh wait, he has instant death too, I knew my first build was too easy, fixed that up

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Apr 12, 2018

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Started about a week ago and I got super lucky with getting Lotus Mage Fina and getting her to 100. She's the most busted healer I have ever seen and I am able to bullshit my way though a lot of stuff thanks to her. I'm about to get the dual wield thing from the event shop thanks to her soloing PRO with a legion of underleveled Wakka's and a Seymour.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Jesus christ if that's the type of stuff they're giving out that's crazy awesome!

That is such a kick rear end starting account you don't even know!

BBPattyMeltz
Apr 12, 2018
Awesome, really glad to hear that. Took a while to chat the dude up and to figure out what they were looking for. But the Reddit and Brave-Exvius.com people are really cool about helping newbs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
Where's everyone finding information on Fryevia's enhancements? I was expecting them to come out this morning, but I still can't enhance her ingame and the wiki still doesn't have any information on her yet.

• Locked thread