Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
It seems like over the past couple years most of the chains have started serving... well, not GOOD chicken, but at least not dried out leather chicken anymore. It's at least fairly reliably moist. Has brining chicken become standard practice or something?

Point being, chik-fil-a doesn't even stand out among the trash joints anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The one true heezy
Mar 23, 2004
If you're not brining or marinating your chicken in some way you're just doing it wrong.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
I can't imagine mass produced fast food chains doing something wrong

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Yeah, better drench that poulet de Bresse in some tap water and Morton's for a couple of days, you dumdum.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
Good news. I’ve reached a new level of camping in the dining room today!

Had a reso for 20 people at 7:00. First members of group arrived at 6:30.

It’s now 11:45 and there are 4 people left in the group, sitting at the banquet table for large groups and they just ordered another small pizza to share.

We close in an hour and 15 minutes.

Edit: they left at 1:15. We close at 1:00

Mezzanon fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Apr 13, 2018

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Manuel Calavera posted:

Seconded, as a queer dude that's not quite so sure about gender things myself. Also, didn't know that about you Demps. Neat <3

Make your own Chick-Fil-A at home. Add pickle juice to your brine or buttermilk. Problem solved.

I have known JD was made of awesome for, mmmmmmm, <starts mumbling and gesturing with varying permutations of fingers> about since I have known her...

Samizdata fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Apr 13, 2018

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
legit only fast food I love is jack in the box tacos

jesus christ I could eat probably 20 of these in a sitting and go puke them up and eat 20 more because they're so good

but yeah in general gently caress eating all fast food

this happened yesterday at a chickfila a street or two over from my house : https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/woman-pulls-gun-during-brawl-in-chick-fil-a-drive-thru-video/730780789

ATL goes hard on dem motherfuckin' chicken biscuits

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

mindphlux posted:

jesus christ I could eat probably 20 of these in a sitting and go puke them up and eat 20 more because they're so good

this happened yesterday at a chickfila a street or two over from my house : https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/woman-pulls-gun-during-brawl-in-chick-fil-a-drive-thru-video/730780789

If only there had been one good person there with a gun!

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Samizdata posted:

If only there had been one good person there with a gun!

reported your post for advocating violence against african-american women of color

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

mindphlux posted:

reported your post for advocating violence against african-american women of color

Whew! Good thing you didn't report my post for mocking the government!

The one true heezy
Mar 23, 2004

marshalljim posted:

Yeah, better drench that poulet de Bresse in some tap water and Morton's for a couple of days, you dumdum.

Dude...

Not at all what I said

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Stringent posted:

I'd still eat at Cook-Out if it was owned by Satan himself.

It would be a really good cover too. No one would suspect! What with all the crosses, cowboys, and soft "Christian Rock".

Hail Cook-Out, Lord Of Shakes

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

mindphlux posted:

Silly people, Bojangles has far superior chicken biscuits than CFA. Now those are worth fighting over.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Mezzanon posted:

Good news. I’ve reached a new level of camping in the dining room today!

Had a reso for 20 people at 7:00. First members of group arrived at 6:30.

It’s now 11:45 and there are 4 people left in the group, sitting at the banquet table for large groups and they just ordered another small pizza to share.

We close in an hour and 15 minutes.

Edit: they left at 1:15. We close at 1:00

Convince your bosses to put "We have the right to remove customers we feel are being disruptive or loitering" on the menu. Tell them they're loitering and boot them. When they complain, tell them to look at the menu.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

marshalljim posted:

good point, every chicken ever is from Bresse after all.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Shooting Blanks posted:

I will keep buying Whataburger, but the rest I don't care about.

Please send me whataburger. I'm dying in this "in n out" only hell hole.

I will also never eat at CFA. I havent for years. I wouldn't eat it when we were driving back from my grandma's funeral and my whole Mormon family started bitching at me because they wanted CFA.

gently caress that place.

Errant Gin Monks fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Apr 13, 2018

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

iospace posted:

Convince your bosses to put "We have the right to remove customers we feel are being disruptive or loitering" on the menu. Tell them they're loitering and boot them. When they complain, tell them to look at the menu.

Enjoy your yelp reviews if you do that.

My personal camper strategy is to refill water and thus interrupt the conversation every time someone takes so much as a sip.

So there's these regulars, very nice people, always say hi, ask how I've been, etc, that come in for lunch pretty often throughout the week. We chat often even when they're not my table. They've started calling ahead to let me know they're on their way if they know the have a time crunch so I can get the app going for them and have the wine on the table. No problem, except when I wait on them they leave 10%. Every other server/the bartender when they come in at dinner gets like 25%. I know nothing went wrong with the meal, everything was there ready to go, they had a good time, they even ducked back in because they were deep in conversation on the way out to say thank you etc. Its really kind of pissing me off and I've stopped waiting on them obviously, just pass them off to another server, but they still call, ask for me on the phone, and have me get the app and everything going for them. Its baffling as hell. I can't think of any variables except that I'm the only woman on FOH staff at the moment, but then its always the lady who pays so who the gently caress knows.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Errant Gin Monks posted:

oh HUSH.

i would kill a man--in front of his own mother!!--for an extra toasted, mustard grilled 3x3 with the onion rings and some animal fries and a root beer float.

sure: you're gonna die. but more importantly you will have lived

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Manuel Calavera posted:

Make your own Chick-Fil-A at home. Add pickle juice to your brine or buttermilk. Problem solved.

We brine in pickle juice, then dry-wet-dry (seasoned dredge I make myself, buttermilk, dredge). Come at me, you homophobic fuckwagons who get every Sunday off while I'm doing the lord's true work hauling rear end on brunch every single Sunday since I started. My chicken brings all the Baptist boys to the yard, and they're like, gosh darn it, it's better than yours.*

(As a person who regularly buys craft supplies, don't even get me started on Hobby Lobby)

*i blame Y'all for talking about Cook-Out and hence getting "Milkshake" stuck in my head

JacquelineDempsey fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Apr 13, 2018

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

Willie Tomg posted:

oh HUSH.

i would kill a man--in front of his own mother!!--for an extra toasted, mustard grilled 3x3 with the onion rings and some animal fries and a root beer float.

sure: you're gonna die. but more importantly you will have lived

troll spotted in n out has no onion rings

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Errant Gin Monks posted:

I will also never eat at CFA. I havent for years. I wouldn't eat it when we were driving back from my grandma's funeral and my whole Mormon family started bitching at me because they wanted CFA.

gently caress that place.

Help me get hired and I will send you Whataburger for a year.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

pile of brown posted:

Or bacon. And who wants 1000 island dressing and a Kraft single on carboard? That's what animal style fries taste like.

Shooting Blanks posted:

Help me get hired and I will send you Whataburger for a year.

At CFA or In n Out? I don't have pull with either of those companies.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Or bacon. And who wants 1000 island dressing and a Kraft single on carboard? That's what animal style fries taste like.

At CFA or In n Out? I don't have pull with either of those companies.

Microsoft would be nice.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
is "cfa" actually a thing anyone ever types or says becauseeeeeeeeee

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Shooting Blanks posted:

Microsoft would be nice.

Sales? I have some friends there.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Sales? I have some friends there.

I'm all ears.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Suspect Bucket posted:

It would be a really good cover too. No one would suspect! What with all the crosses, cowboys, and soft "Christian Rock".

Hail Cook-Out, Lord Of Shakes

Just to be clear, although Cook-Out is Very Christian, I have no knowledge that the company or its ownership have any heinous political beliefs, employment practices, etc. I want to like their shakes, but they're so dang thicc I find them inedible.

Finding out Cinnabon, Moe's, Auntie Anne's, Hardee's, Carl Jr.'s, Arby's, Jimmy Johns, Carvel, Corner bakery Cafe and like 10 more are all run by a Randite cartel was much harder. I can't even keep them all memorized to boycott!

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Apr 14, 2018

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

pile of brown posted:

the have thickly sliced onion rings specifically for fuckers like me who swear up and down they taste better as contiguous rings and not caramelized shreds. you could've had them all this time too.

but YOU NEVER ASKED. :colbert:

Willie Tomg fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Apr 14, 2018

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
I think the last fast food place I have left that I hit sometimes is Wendy's. I don't know of anything terrible they do, and sometimes you just gotta have a greasy cheap burger to kill the hangover.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I'm working on an effortpost for the psuedoscience thread about how Panera are secretly The Devil (well, only sort of, but their "clean food" marketing is really harmful to consumer understanding of nutrition and health, and they're exploiting it to the hilt).

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Liquid Communism posted:

I think the last fast food place I have left that I hit sometimes is Wendy's. I don't know of anything terrible they do, and sometimes you just gotta have a greasy cheap burger to kill the hangover.

About that: https://www.avclub.com/eating-tomatoes-from-wendy-s-is-the-hot-new-way-to-own-1821993648

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Brine chicken in sweet tea before you fry it. Thank me later.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Field Mousepad posted:

Brine chicken in sweet tea before you fry it. Thank me later.

That would require having sweet tea in my house, and screw that noise. Living in Texas was bad enough, y'all can keep your simple syrup disguised as tea.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Sweet Tea is very good actually.

You can keep that disgusting Unsweet Tea.

Or have both!

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Sweet tea is great when it's 95 degrees with 90% humidity. Hell yeah Gulf Coast swamplands

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

I'm working on an effortpost for the psuedoscience thread about how Panera are secretly The Devil (well, only sort of, but their "clean food" marketing is really harmful to consumer understanding of nutrition and health, and they're exploiting it to the hilt).

The part where they claim that cysteine is made from human hair, and that it's in other company's food but not theirs, is particularly heinous.

Luv2Cannibal

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Liquid Communism posted:

That would require having sweet tea in my house, and screw that noise. Living in Texas was bad enough, y'all can keep your simple syrup disguised as tea.

It takes like 10 minutes to make and you are missing out sir!

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Field Mousepad posted:

It takes like 10 minutes to make and you are missing out sir!

I am not missing out on a drat thing.

I drink a ton of unsweetened tea instead, because I'm enjoying not yet being a diabetic.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
If you do Tea, I hope you are brewing it fresh.

My second job does bag in the box Lipton from Pepsi and customers send that poo poo back ALL the time...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Liquid Communism posted:

I am not missing out on a drat thing.

I drink a ton of unsweetened tea instead, because I'm enjoying not yet being a diabetic.

Sweet tea and unsweetened are gross. Iced tea in general is gross.