Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Calaveron posted:

You are a goddamn liar if you're some sort of artist in any medium and claim to have never drawn a Goku

One enterprising goon only managed half a goku.

:goku:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

iospace posted:

So what is up with the demon core fanart as of late?

Is there more? I've only seen this one with Aunn.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I love the concept on this first one.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Rectus posted:

Is there more? I've only seen this one with Aunn.

I did post this one a while back:

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Ramos posted:

I did post this one a while back:

Do you know what it's from? Kinda looks like it's traced of some TV show.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

I wish they would make a new Spyro that's cute and chill like the first one.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I mean they got the remakes happening. Maybe.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

EmmyOk posted:

1. Keep content work-safe. This rule is highly subjective and so, guess what? That gives us a lot of leeway in punishing you! No explicit art. No fetish art. No questionable art of canonically underage characters, even if they’re possessed by five thousand year old witches. Et cetera and so forth. Use your brains.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
That twitter is NSFW, btw. Pretty great though

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

With a butt like that? I could have never guessed.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Guy Goodbody posted:

That twitter is NSFW, btw. Pretty great though

I would NEVER have guessed the genius behind "a manga about giving a chubby elf massages" would have a NSFW twitter, I'm stunned

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/sattou0/status/984095742267572225

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Creamed Cormp posted:

I would NEVER have guessed the genius behind "a manga about giving a chubby elf massages" would have a NSFW twitter, I'm stunned
that's that guy? lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

Yeah this was too lewd. Some stuff has been starting to push it recently so I'm going to stop this before it gets going.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Emmyok, not a fan of bubble butts.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012
I started following that artist just because it was posted in this thread, maybe people should post more nsfw artists here.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I Love Annie May posted:

I started following that artist just because it was posted in this thread, maybe people should post more nsfw artists here.

I haven't banned SFW art by NSFW artists but don't encourage people to post art by NSFW artists because you want to find more NSFW art, do that on your own.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Do photo manips count as fanart?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Rectus posted:

Do you know what it's from? Kinda looks like it's traced of some TV show.

Oh yeah, I forgot to respond to this. It's from a commercial about water where the guy and lady just go insane about some water in a bottle. That got turned into a meme, so you get poo poo like this:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm32989661

edit:

The fan art tax:

https://i.imgur.com/vVb5etH.mp4

Ramos has a new favorite as of 13:42 on Apr 12, 2018

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

You forgot a timg tag

Twitter feed seems sfw based on a good bit of scrolling

https://twitter.com/tomfowlerbug/status/984096386852548608

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
One thing Harry Potter does well is substitute family figures, Hagrid is the awesome uncle everyone wishes they had.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

You forgot a timg tag

I can't really timg mp4's.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Ramos posted:

I can't really timg mp4's.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Does anyone have that pic of Naruto as Bobby Hill saying "You don't know me"

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Is this a closed top Type-64?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

MariusLecter posted:

Is this a closed top Type-64?

It's an M24 Chaffee, actually.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

So I've been playing a lot of Fate/Grand Order recently, and I've learned a few things:

Jeanne D'Arc Alter is awesome, and is the best single-target damage dealer in the game:

Cu Chulainn is just a Terminator dressed up like a Celt, due to skills that let him ignore attacks and auto-revive:

Saber Santa plays 'Jingle Bells' when you use her super attack:

And J. Edgar Hoover is a Heroic Spirit (who shows up crossdressing, and whose special power is to create blackmail info on a target):

Good game!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

J.A.B.C. posted:

Cu Chulainn is just a Terminator dressed up like a Celt--

That meshes 100% with everything I know about Celtic myth.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

He was sent to Scotland to train as a youth because the nobles were insanely worried their women would be incapable of not banging Setanta.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

He was sent to Scotland to train as a youth because the nobles were insanely worried their women would be incapable of not banging Setanta.

And then all the women he trained with banged him

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Irish myths are so good and I feel bad that americans don't get any or they have ones about some dude eating apples or some poo poo. A bunch of our most legendary heroes beat the gently caress out of each other over who had the biggest cows in ireland

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

EmmyOk posted:

Irish myths are so good and I feel bad that americans don't get any or they have ones about some dude eating apples or some poo poo. A bunch of our most legendary heroes beat the gently caress out of each other over who had the biggest cows in ireland

Yes, they were fighting over something that mattered.

Fun Hound of Ulster fact: His signature weapon, the gae bolg, wasn’t super sharp or magically puissant, like every other legendary weapon. Instead, it was tactically demanding... in a normal warrior’s hand it was just spiky garbage, but Cúchulainn could throw it using his foot so that it would bloom like a tree in his foe’s body, piercing every bone and joint with barbs.

What’s so special about the Excalibur, again? Oh, it was sharp. Eat it, King Arthur.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I think there's a few different translations on how it actually worked, whether it basically went through every blood vessel like a briar or just delivered poison and had to be cut out. Think there's also version where it can only be thrown when it's in a particular type of stream etc. Extrememely good that he killed Ferdia with it imo :coal:

Someone imagined Zzigg, Netero, and Linne's expedition to the Dark Continent and what I assume is Don in the background. I checked the twitter fairly far down and they'd retweeted one mildly nswf thing

source

Random Tekkonkinkreet stuff I found around, its so good.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Mystic Mongol posted:

Yes, they were fighting over something that mattered.

Fun Hound of Ulster fact: His signature weapon, the gae bolg, wasn’t super sharp or magically puissant, like every other legendary weapon. Instead, it was tactically demanding... in a normal warrior’s hand it was just spiky garbage, but Cúchulainn could throw it using his foot so that it would bloom like a tree in his foe’s body, piercing every bone and joint with barbs.

What’s so special about the Excalibur, again? Oh, it was sharp. Eat it, King Arthur.

So, Fate's whole thing is that the Heroic Spirits are legends come to life, and the more deep and impressive their legend, the more powerful they are. It's why Gilgamesh, one of the first 'heroic' myths, is such a force in the setting. Also, a lot of guys were actually women but re-written by history, which is why King Arthur, Emperor Nero and Oda Nobunaga are women.

Cu's Gae Bolg in this setting also breaks causality. Since it's described as always piercing the heart, using it reverses causality. The heart is pierced because the spear is thrust, instead of thrust spear to pierce heart. Like everything in the setting, it's terribly broken and unfair, but that's anime!

There's also four versions of him in the game: Regular, Younger, Caster (using runes as taught by Scathath) and Alter, or 'evil', version.

And Scathath is in here, too! So is Medb and Fergus Mac Roich, but Scathath is known because she's really good, and uses two Gae Bolg (which Cu thinks is a bit much)

Da Vinci's a woman because she wanted to be, and the body matches the Golden Ratio. But she runs our shop/summoning gatcha, so we don't complain.

Also, about a ton of characters, there's Saber. So much that there's a hidden stat in the game called 'Saber-Face', that draws aggro from certain enemies. As far as I know, there's:

Artoria Pendragon (standard, teenage 'lily', alter, santa alter, lancer, swimsuit, swumsuit alter, swimsuit 'lily', Mysterious Heroine X)
Emperor Nero (regular, bride, swimsuit)
Jeanne D'Arc (Regular, Alter, swimsuit-alter-santa)
Mordred

In short:

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
FATE is insanely bad and I continue to consume it because I think I'm actually retarded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Me, who liked Stay Night and Zero, but got bored of Grand Order pretty early on, so I have to sit by the sidelines as The Old Fate Fan: sagely nods head

• Locked thread