Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

EO4 & OW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

finishing up dark souls 2 today hopefully

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Been playing the new Imbroglio expansion all day . If anyone likes puzzle/roguelike stuff it's definitely the best phone game in the world. I think it's getting a PC release soonish too

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

goferchan posted:

Been playing the new Imbroglio expansion all day . If anyone likes puzzle/roguelike stuff it's definitely the best phone game in the world. I think it's getting a PC release soonish too

drat this game looks cool. welcome to being my new toilet game, imbroglio

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

drat, iPhone only.... I need an Android toilet game. I've been playing the Fire Emblem mobile game for a few days but it's just a lovely gacha machine for insane people

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Fungah! posted:

drat this game looks cool. welcome to being my new toilet game, imbroglio

It's been on my phone for years and will never leave, and it's still getting updates and new content it's great. Here's a gay little post I made in the Roguelikes thread about it

goferchan posted:

Actually I should probably do a little write-up for people who haven't played it. Imbroglio is a game by Michael Brough, creator of Zaga-33, 868-Hack, and some other things. The game board is a 4x4 series of tiles that looks like this:

Your goal is to collect as many stars as possible before you die. When you collect a star your health and magic (the hearts and diamonds) are each restored by 1, a new star appears on the board, and the walls of the maze randomly shift around. Monsters spawn onto the board from the corners with increasing intensity as the game goes on and try to kill you -- red monsters do damage to your health, and blue monsters do damage to your magic, and if either one runs out you're dead.

You kill them using the tiles on the board -- each one represents a different weapon. Red weapons damage monster health and blue weapons damage monster mana. Almost every weapon has some kind of special property, like the "swap places when you hit an enemy" effect on the Switchblade that I'm standing on. Most weapons also gain more effects and/or do extra damage as you level them up -- they start at level 0 and every 4 kills with a weapon increases its level (and gives you a Rune, the yellow symbol that looks like a coin which is used to activate your character's special ability) so if I get 8 kills with the Switchblade it will be upgraded to level 2 and gain the "when you hit an enemy, stun them" effect. A huge part of the game's strategy is choosing when and where to kill enemies -- do you do so in the fastest/most efficient way possible, or do you try to lead them into certain spots to upgrade specific weapons?

The real beauty of the game, though, is that you get to design your own board. After choosing a character (each one has some sort of weakness or restriction, and some kind of special ability that consumes Runes) you can choose from dozens and dozens of different weapon tiles and place them however you want, with a lot of different synergies to take advantage of, like weapons that buff adjacent weapons, or weapons that damage enemies when they pass over them, and many more effects. While this allows you to go in with a general gameplan, the random nature of the maze & enemy spawns means that you'll still have to adapt your strategy on the fly every time. There's also a cool daily mode with leaderboards where you play as a specific character and have a limited selection of tiles to build with.

Anyway it's a great little game and the dev said that he was basically inspired by the challenge to make a roguelike on the smallest possible game board, and I think he succeeded. I've spent a ton of hours on it and it's absolutely worth your $3

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Also trying to 1cc Kirby's Avalanche. On normal

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Breath of the Wild in the AM and Bloodborne in the PM for this gamer's Weekend Gaming

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

After taking a month break, I’m gonna hunt some monsters

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

bloodborne

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

Stardew Valley

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

gently caress xenoblade 2's good. just got to tantal after like 15 hours of screwing around with quests and rare blades, and it's its own kind of crazy cool looking and the music is extremely kick-rear end. finally got a full party gauge explosion on a tyrant that i was hunting for a zenobia quest around the same time and the explosion + combo did like 15 million damage to everything around and my jaw hit the fuckin ground. i even like the dumbshit gacha stuff, it's totally fine if you approach the game from the mindset that they want everyone's play experience to be a bit different and that you shouldn't go for 100%

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

seriously, peep this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWkz0DF-3g8

top tier walking around music

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tantal is soooooooo good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Still chipping away at NNK2. I like the part in between each chapter where I spend like 5 hours doing sidequests and loving around more than the actual narrative stuff

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

holy poo poo theosoir's music

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
I'm playing prey and it's ruining my life it's so good

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

extremebuff posted:

finishing up dark souls 2 today hopefully
That's more than the developers ever did.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
whenever i get back home i'll probably play some DS3. i've only got royal archives, the second half of ringed city, and the final boss to go.

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

Fungah! posted:

seriously, peep this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWkz0DF-3g8

top tier walking around music

This combined with the serene snow environment is some good poo poo

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

Playing Bloodborne again because of reading too many posts about it and remembering how good as hell it is. Trying a skill build this time

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fiend Matador posted:

Playing Bloodborne again because of reading too many posts about it and remembering how good as hell it is. Trying a skill build this time

if you havent done a chikage build i highly recommend it, super fun weapon

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ps anyone who hasnt killed a dog with the chikage in blood mode hasn't lived

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Bowie exhibit was really cool. I saw the napkin and the coke spoon

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I played Dark Souls on 360 without Live and it was pretty good. Having actually beaten a Souls game now it played a lot better. Probably going to wait for the Remaster before finishing it for real though.

Now I am playing Friday The 13th because it is a double XP weekend and it still rules

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Crusader Kings 2. I think my soul is truly lost now because I like it when I die and become a baby and my kingdom revolts against me

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005
Got in a little Grim Dawn before hitting the pub

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Accidentally played Ni no Kuni for 6 hours and now the sun is down

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Stardew Valley and Pinball Arcade. I just had a killer game of Funhouse. Gonna try to get in some IRL pinball later this weekend

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It’s my birthday and we’re going to see the David Bowie exhibit at the Brooklyn Museum. I might try to beat Hellblade if I’m not home too late

I went to that when it was in Tokyo and it was cool.

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005
gaming or david bowie.... actually a tougher call than usual

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
Star Trek Bridge Crew VR with hormel and retarded clown

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ween posted:

Star Trek Bridge Crew VR with hormel and retarded clown
Nice, which one of you is playing the molested kid?

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

FactsAreUseless posted:

Nice, which one of you is playing the molested kid?

Which one

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hit S+10 in Splatoon 2 and I feel transcendent.

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008
RuneScape tonight

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Super Mario World

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The Bowie exhibit was really cool. I saw the napkin and the coke spoon

Lol congratulation

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Might play OverMeme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Super Mario World

With or without flying over all the levels with the cape?