Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

There was also a short MH manga by the Fairy Tail guy.

Also the only ally you should ever need is your palico.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

that's not real

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I'm glad the most romantic way possible to ask someone out finally got animated.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

MEGALOBOX: Stylish and well-directed. Not blown away quite yet. Waiting for the setup to get out of the way so the real fun can start.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes sure is Galactic Heroes alright. The stiff production values and awful score do nothing to invest me in all the dry talkedytalk. Gonna give another week, but I really don't see this show making a LoGH fan outta me.

Lupin Part 5: Silly good-looking Lupin fun w a neat new hook.

Hinamatsuri is show of the season already far as I'm concerned. Best premiere, great sense of humor. Hope it can keep the momentum up.

Golden Kamuy: gonna stick w the manga, thanks

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Just watched Captain Tsubasa. Once you calm yourself down from geeking out over all the super JoJo-y flourishes, there's a great sports show here. Show's got a great look and sense of place, characters are fun. First two eps are concerned mainly w setup and showing off Tsubasa's ridiculous chops w a soccer ball and the animation is more than up to delivering plenty of that.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Strange Quark posted:

Yakult is like the one of those cultured milk drinks I’d expect people to actually know. It’s no Vitagen.

Not a thing I've ever seen in Europe. At least in DK there is a near-monopoly by Arla, so no wonder other international dairy products aren't on shelves.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Sharkopath posted:

Respect the classics.

Just looked up the history of it, that's a classic for sure

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I had an urge to watch Wotakoi but I was in the middle of a serious Lou Reed binge so I put it on at like 30% volume. Didn't like the VAs at first but they grew on me. It seems to be pretty much exactly the comic and I have the exact same problems with it as the comic so I'll just keep reading it instead. Successfully continuing No Show Spring.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
God drat if anyone is on the fence do not sleep on Megalobox. The art is gorgeous, the soundtrack is killer, and so far the story is interesting. JD is a good main character I’m excited to see what happens

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Kashuno posted:

God drat if anyone is on the fence do not sleep on Megalobox. The art is gorgeous, the soundtrack is killer, and so far the story is interesting. JD is a good main character I’m excited to see what happens

Also, the story is simple, archetypal, and a remix of a famous, critically-acclaimed classic, so the odds on it making GBS threads the bed down the line seem extremely low. It feels like perhaps the most solid investment of the season.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

I like the OP a lot

and the rest of the show too. Never read this manga so looking forward to seeing how this all shakes out

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Knorth posted:

I like the OP a lot

and the rest of the show too. Never read this manga so looking forward to seeing how this all shakes out

There's only 5 volumes so the show's going to cover pretty much the whole story up to this point.

Which is good because the scanslators have only translated up to about halfway through vol.4.

Plus Kondansha picked up the manga for an official english translation so eventually that'll all get released too.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Steins Gate vape

https://twitter.com/MKLab_VAPE/status/984106001853890561

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Steins;Vape

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

... whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

I think Hinamatsuri came out early? Either way Nitta is both the best and worst dad.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
New Full Metal Panic is out, good introduction episode to start out what’s going to be the main source of conflict for the next chunk of episodes. The character design for Chidori seems to have lost a bit of detail I think, compared to the Kyoto Animation version, it seems like they tried to update her design a little to bring it up to modern day aesthetics and it just doesn’t look the same. Xebec seems to be doing best they can though.

If nobody wants to make a thread for it I’ll probably put one up tomorrow.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
It's Hard For Otaku Because They're Mentally Corrupt: This is kind of weird because it has a very distinct high school shoujo vibe despite starring young adults in the workplace. Maybe there's something about the art style? Amusing enough to keep watching for now, assuming it doesn't get too schmaltzy

Hisone & Masotan: This was kind of weird... which is good! A funny, charming down to Earth take on a pretty wild concept. The dragon looks a little too much like either Toothless or Salamance, depending on your personal background though

Full Metal Panic 3: Man, screw MHA, here's the show that could've used a recap episode. I didn't even REMEMBER that Theresa had a brother. Anyway, story picks up right away and poo poo's getting real, looking forward to more.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Hinamatsuri is easily anime of the season here.

The bar scene today was really amazing.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
I think the seasonal anime sickness has left me. I'm sure I'll keep up with MHA and FranXX and I'll probably check in with megalobox and golden kamuy eventually, but I'm just not as interested in trying to keep up with the season this time.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Eela6 posted:

I think the seasonal anime sickness has left me. I'm sure I'll keep up with MHA and FranXX and I'll probably check in with megalobox and golden kamuy eventually, but I'm just not as interested in trying to keep up with the season this time.

I feel like it comes and goes. Last season I barely watched anything since I just wasn't really wanting to keep up, this season I'm overloading myself.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm the opposite, I watched a bunch of stuff last season but don't really care about anything other than MHA this one

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm the opposite, I watched a bunch of stuff last season but don't really care about anything other than MHA this one

:agreed:

and persona 5, but that's mostly because I want to see if they screw it up or not.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

All I’m saying is that if great-looking superpowered punching is your thing, then Megalobox will probably also be your thing. Unless you’ve already tried it and discarded it for reasons.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Nephthys posted:

I think Hinamatsuri came out early? Either way Nitta is both the best and worst dad.

The first episode came out late, this is when it's actually supposed to be out.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i wont watch megalobox because i wasnt really into either ippo or joe

only boxing thing ive ever gotten into is Creed

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Endorph posted:

i wont watch megalobox because i wasnt really into either ippo or joe

only boxing thing ive ever gotten into is Creed

You won't watch it because I've made it illegal for you to watch it, as Official Censor.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

You won't watch it because I've made it illegal for you to watch it, as Official Censor.

making it illegal for me to watch something i wasnt gonna watch anyway is a pretty powerful move

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Endorph posted:

making it illegal for me to watch something i wasnt gonna watch anyway is a pretty powerful move

I tried making it illegal for people to watch stuff they wanted to watch and it didn't work out, so this is a much more successful tactic.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Sharkopath posted:

I want a title too! I mean, besides Loser Nerd.

KoB
May 1, 2009
boy they sure do act like it hasnt been like 10 years since the last FMP thing. I barely remember whats going on.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I'm gonna re-watch FMP before I start the new one, been wanting to do that anyway.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Megalobox: What if Redline was about punching and also made in 2003?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Don't watch Isekai Izakaya on an empty stomach

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

"The real tragedy happened long before I came along"
Added the first episodes of Caligula and Wotaku to my watched list. Caligula has an interesting enough premise but there’s something a little off about the art. I’ll watch more. Wotaku is lovely. It’s no MMO Junkie but it’ll do for this season.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

Don't watch Isekai Izakaya

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
It seems fine though? Not gunna be my favourite food show but still some tasty looking meals

These sections are a nice touch too
https://files.catbox.moe/XvxCm4.webm

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Is it another show about fantasy people flipping out over generic Japanese food

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Has there been more than one of those?

And yes, pretty much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU