Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The demo was so mind meltingly easy that I didn't pick it up and the full game is apparently pretty similar. It's cute and it's got potential for cool puzzle designs but it's just way too simple

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

my morning jackass posted:

I really felt that 1 was a perfect pikmin game. I didn’t like the greater focus on combat in 2, huge battles were rare in one so the build up felt really significant.

It was charming in its simplicity and I feel each subsequent game is worse. I know this is generally a bad opinion.

its not pikmin 1 is great

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Level 29 Kirby

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The daddy long legs in pikmin 1 is one of the most intense boss fights in Nintendo games and then by the third game it was just kind of there and I’m not sure what exactly changed because the fight is basically the same in all 3 games

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The daddy long legs in pikmin 1 is one of the most intense boss fights in Nintendo games and then by the third game it was just kind of there and I’m not sure what exactly changed because the fight is basically the same in all 3 games

There's a version of that boss in 2 with a minigun and its absolutely terrifying lol

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

and then the one in 3 is just a mop with legs

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I finished botw on master mode and I am never going to bother with that again. I will probably start another play through on normal this week though. Strong spring feels from botw

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

my morning jackass posted:

I finished botw on master mode and I am never going to bother with that again. I will probably start another play through on normal this week though. Strong spring feels from botw

Do you get a better ending or even like a cooler title screen for beating Master quest?

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Do you get a better ending or even like a cooler title screen for beating Master quest?

No it’s all the same.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1JBHl9vRWo

New Japanese Octopath trailer up with 2 new characters -- there's a hunter whose path action seems similar to Olberic's (challenging NPCs to battle), she can also capture beasts and use them in battle. The other one is a rogue who can pickpocket from people. Trailer also reveals an alignment system where actions are split into "Noble" and "Rogue" ones which will affect your reputation in the area and change the ways you complete quests and interact with NPCs. Game's out July 13th in all regions!

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

goferchan posted:

. Trailer also reveals an alignment system where actions are split into "Noble" and "Rogue" ones which will affect your reputation in the area and change the ways you complete quests and interact with NPCs.

:puke::moonrio::sick::barf::negative::chaostrump::yokotaro:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x99ObqWLkYA english trailer

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
That's typical in your 50s

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/gms_ger/status/985929700395683840?s=21

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

what the gently caress

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

My birthday Switch is here somewhere and I don't know if I can wait to June to get stuck into the ol Mario.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAVG7sljJSc

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Fungah! posted:

what the gently caress

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Fungah! posted:

what the gently caress

Thank you for loving the glove

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I can't loving wait for octopath traveller

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

the thief English voice acting for OT isn't that great

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Spoderman posted:

Captain Olimar walking through a hospital, shaking hands with all the Pikmin he threw into the mouth of Bulborbs

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Spoderman posted:

Captain Olimar walking through a hospital, shaking hands with all the Pikmin he threw into the mouth of Bulborbs

lmao

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
having some smash bros peeps over next weekend, almost finished setting the basement up

i was able to fit a 150" screen on the wall; it got within 1" of not being able to fit or I would have had to go with 135" :cool:

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

nice!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
drat that looks epic

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

having some smash bros peeps over next weekend, almost finished setting the basement up

i was able to fit a 150" screen on the wall; it got within 1" of not being able to fit or I would have had to go with 135" :cool:

looking forward to it :cheerdoge:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

my lord

the ... the POWER :stare:

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
it wasn't even that expensive. $525 for the screen and $1400 for the Sony projector (msrp is $1999 but I got it new on eBay from an authorized seller for 1400).

Under 2 grand for the whole thing. No lovely projector rainbow effect and it still looks good even with lights on

I can't wait to play regular Nintendo on it

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
Why is Mr. Game and Watch missing?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Caithness posted:

Because with every character the selection screen looks horrible. Sacrifices must be made...

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Caithness posted:

Holy poo poo that is a really good catch. I have to unlock him before this weekend!

What happened was a few years ago my Smash Bros save got corrupted. When I called Nintendo they told me it was probably because I was storing it on an external hard drive and to only have saves on the internal memory. Anyway I had to unlock everyone again and I guess since we usually used my friend's WiiU I never played enough two player matches to unlock him a second time

Hopefully I'm not missing anyone else.

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Apr 23, 2018

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Labo looks loving awesome.

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?

Evil Eagle posted:

Because with every character the selection screen looks horrible. Sacrifices must be made...

I know, I was just wondering why G&W was the sacrifice and not Mii fighters.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

sorry everybody

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

lmao the switch is basically fully hacked already. Kind of a shame but it's going to be such an amazing emulator machine that I'm glad that scene will be up and running soon