Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug

Father Jack posted:

if there was an SP2 for 7 i'd probably still be using it on at least some machines.

before the convenience rollup it was getting to be 50/50 whether windows update would poo poo itself after a new SP1 install.

it actually is a lot better now with security updates being bundled into monolithic monthly blocks, fewer updates (many of which supersede older individual updates) to hit the Ω(n2) runtime of checking for updates that should be applied

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

pram posted:

discord owns wtf are you talking about

bloop bleep

what channel on which of the 12 servers you're on made that sound

bloop bleep

guess what

bloop bleep

i'm just gonna keep doing this

forever

bloop bleep

it's still really good

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

flakeloaf posted:

bloop bleep

what channel on which of the 12 servers you're on made that sound

bloop bleep

guess what

bloop bleep

i'm just gonna keep doing this

forever

bloop bleep

it's still really good

have u heard of mute

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

cinci zoo sniper posted:

have u heard of mute
sure would be cool if that feature worked

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

anthonypants posted:

sure would be cool if that feature worked

it does

if you can guess which channel is making the sound

on the right server

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

bloop bleep

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

flakeloaf posted:

it does

if you can guess which channel is making the sound

on the right server

from here on its not rocket science to figure out what exactly is bothering you

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

cinci zoo sniper posted:

from here on its not rocket science to figure out what exactly is bothering you
i still get notifications for this server whenever someone does @channelname

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Scroll down, maybe you have some notification overrides configured?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Fame Douglas posted:

Scroll down, maybe you have some notification overrides configured?
yeah and they all have the mute checkbox checked

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

anthonypants posted:

yeah and they all have the mute checkbox checked

you sure?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

i dont mean to be mean but youre like the first person ever with this problem so its much easier to believe that 40-something goon just hosed some poo poo up than literal millions of eternally angry teenagers not raising a shitstorm over this

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
yes, i promise. i think it's really odd how you've never come across another person telling you that discord sucks before though

e: i can't even click the all/mentions/nothing buttons, probably because of the server-wide setting above

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

also there's no such thing as @channelname in discord. only @here and @everyone, with distinction being that latter bothers people who are afk

@xyz is likely goon gaming discord group thing or similar so just tell the resident bot to drop you off the group

or just mute the channel, again. i tested this specifically right now and its nothing

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

random meltdowns because someone's having a problem you don't personally have are my favorite part of this thread, and yospos

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

anthonypants posted:

yes, i promise. i think it's really odd how you've never come across another person telling you that discord sucks before though

e: i can't even click the all/mentions/nothing buttons, probably because of the server-wide setting above

ive come across plenty of people bemoaning discord, and have so myself to, but it hasnt been anything related to notification poo poo since that update way back

i do have enough axes to grind, like lovely twitter embedds or instability of central/eastern european servers or the whole thing where it creeps on what stuff are you running in your system or absolutely dogshit garbage mobile apps or the platform moderation issues etc etc etc

notfication problems? nuh uh

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

carry on then posted:

random meltdowns because someone's having a problem you don't personally have are my favorite part of this thread, and yospos

same, although having a computer toucher bad at actual touching at work is wearing my energy for ux tantrums down

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

cinci zoo sniper posted:

ive come across plenty of people bemoaning discord, and have so myself to, but it hasnt been anything related to notification poo poo since that update way back

i do have enough axes to grind, like lovely twitter embedds or instability of central/eastern european servers or the whole thing where it creeps on what stuff are you running in your system or absolutely dogshit garbage mobile apps or the platform moderation issues etc etc etc

notfication problems? nuh uh
you forgot the overlay. but i think a lot of people forget about that since everyone turned it off years ago and never bothered turning it back on to see if it was fixed

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

anthonypants posted:

you forgot the overlay. but i think a lot of people forget about that since everyone turned it off years ago and never bothered turning it back on to see if it was fixed

eh i usually stick to small groups where i distinguish people by voice, and so never used it. i am more than ready to believe it’s dogshit and/or outright unstable

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.
discord is not good but it's less bad than the alternatives

that's the state of software now

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
why can't you remove hyperlinks from onenote. if you put www.clownpenis.fart in a onenote it becomes a hyperlink and you can't remove it. like the option is there but greyed out. why

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Can you edit link remove it and save it

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

are you sure its a link or did it keep the blue text/underline formatting?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

orange sky posted:

Can you edit link remove it and save it
if you remove the address or change it to whitespace it'll grey out the OK button

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

are you sure its a link or did it keep the blue text/underline formatting?
it's absolutely a link, even if you edit the link to something that obviously isn't a domain, like a single comma, it'll still open a web browser when you click on it

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

it's because Microsoft is bad, op

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Microsoft supporting third party development https://www.onenotegem.com/document/onenote-remove-all-hyperlinks-in-page

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
lol i wonder if that feature is available in their trial

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Doesn't work though, the only comment there says so

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

anthonypants posted:

why can't you remove hyperlinks from onenote. if you put https://www.clownpenis.fart in a onenote it becomes a hyperlink and you can't remove it. like the option is there but greyed out. why

sounds like a piece of poo poo

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Chris Knight posted:

a server at work appears to have -22 days of uptime

Get the next few lottery numbers with it

theodop
Dec 30, 2005

rock solid, heart touching

maybe one of those new devs can do the one thing they need to do to make people use edge: make it not look like clownshoes dogshit

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

I, for one, welcome our new mouse overlords.

theodop posted:

maybe one of those new devs can do the one thing they need to do to make people use edge: make it not look like clownshoes dogshit

They should start with making it less crashy/hangy.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Also, maybe fix the longstanding UWP multi monitor bug where fullscreen minimizes when another application is opened on the first screen. Kinda ridiculous behavior for a system called "Windows".

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

I, for one, welcome our new mouse overlords.
UWP bugs probably don't get much attention because UWP isn't used for anything important.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Fiedler posted:

UWP bugs probably don't get much attention because UWP isn't used for anything important.

and since no one uses uwp apps they also never get tested so who knows what fun bugs and security wholes are out there

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

One of the few joys I have using windows 10 is uninstalling every UWP app it lets me.
I hope their telemetry phones home about it, I want to make a product manager cry.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

aren’t they reinstalled during every update like the telemetry settings?

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Maybe it tested so well in focus groups that they allow you to do it over and over :downs:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Boiled Water posted:

aren’t they reinstalled during every update like the telemetry settings?

neither of those has done it in a while for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
windows 10 still includes a groove music uwp app which can't be uninstalled from the gui