Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Breakway seems unnecessary, but if they'll admit the wording leads to a valid reading of a failed breakaway not getting a token, fine. Here's their proposed wording and here's how I'd change it. Granted, I'm seeing this in a vacuum so I don't know how my changes would affect interaction with other sections.

Wizkids proposed wording posted:

If a character failed to break away, that move immediately resolves. For the rest of that action or that special triggered effect, that character can’t move or make an attack or be given actions “at no cost”.
SIDEBAR: When using the standard power Mind Control, a character that is “Mind Controlled” can move or attack in either order. However, if that characters tries to move first and fails to break away, it can’t then make an attack.
(and from earlier in the Core rulebook)
When an effect says that an attack or move “immediately resolves”, you skip any remaining steps in the attack or move sequence, respectively, and it’s considered resolved. That character is not considered to have attacked or moved.

My wording posted:

If a character failed to break away, that move immediately resolves . For the rest of that action or that special triggered effect, that character can’t move or make an attack or be given actions “at no cost”.
SIDEBAR: When using the standard power Mind Control, a character that is “Mind Controlled” can move or attack in either order. However, if that characters tries to move first and fails to break away, it can’t then make an attack during that use of Mind Control.
(and from earlier in the Core rulebook)
When an effect says that an attack, or move, or other effect “immediately resolves”, you skip any remaining steps in the attack or move sequence prior to giving it an action token (if applicable), respectively, and it’s considered resolved. That character is not considered to have attacked or moved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

Wow... Mind Control got *even worse*, and all because someone out there thought that breaking away was confusing.

Ran our Winter WKO today. Turnout was great... had 18 people show up, good mix of locals and folks from the surrounding area. Everything else early on, though... not so great.

We'd advertised it as opening with Xavier's School sealed, then going Avengers/Defenders for the top 8, along with a raffle to distribute the second prize kit. Got a message as I was heading over that they somehow only had 18 Xavier's School boosters left, despite us ordering extra product to run the event with. Then, when I arrived to get things set up, I discovered that we only had one prize kit.

So, people weren't happy, nor was I. But I started them building teams with ADW and got working with the venue on make-goods. The store bought pizza for everybody, and we decided to empty out the rainy day fund so that we could have raffle prizes, anyway. Ended up with factory sets of Uncanny X-Men, World's Finest, Civil War movie set, and Dawn of Justice movie set, along with a couple super boosters. Used the remaining Xavier's School for the top 8, and swagged the hell out of battle royales once those started running. By the end, everybody was happy with how things had run, and it seems like everybody had a good time.

Remarkable things from the tournament... someone pulled the chase Worldbreaker, and proceeded to get stomped into the dirt. Just whiffed every single attack with him for the first two games. Saw a Hawkeye pull a 12-damage Energy Explosion out of his quiver. Saw a heck of a lot of 13 attack values miss. Once we got to the top 8, saw someone running a double-Synch team, which was pretty amusing. One of them would copy a power from someone, then the other would copy that power from Synch and also pick up Perplex due to the shared keyword.

Top table saw a brutal team of SR Angel, SR Wolverine, a Jean and Kitty go up against an equally-brutal team of two Storms, uncommon Magneto, Kitty, common Cyclops, and an X-Trainee on the RCE clicks. Wolverine made a good effort at it, but just couldn't stand up against four Perplexes and five Leaderships.

After the rocky start, it turned out to be a good day of 'Clix all around.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
I finally get to play in an event again after almost 3 weeks. I am excited as gently caress cause I got the itch bad.

It's 500 points No Resources, I.D Cards, Relics or Equipment. and I am running a suicide squad theme full of pieces I've never used.

HQGG Enchantress
HQGG King Shark
HQGG Title Harley
HQGG Nightshade
JW Amanda Waller
JW Rick Flag Jr
JW Bronze Tiger
Flash FF Mirror Master
Bucket of Water special object

I think it'll do decently well. Has just a little bit of everything and decent mobility with Nightshade and Mirror Master. Bucket is there to let king shark do his thing.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

I realized we're playing on St. Patrick's Day this year.We're doing 500 Silver Age (Oreo bases, so Superman onward) Limited. Who are Irish characters I could use other than Banshee, Siryn, and Black Tom? There's Hitman, but he predates the Oreo base.

Edit: Hey, I could just play a bunch of cops!
Further edit: Here's a team! John Jones definitely isn't Irish, but he is definitely green, as is Sleepwalker. Those two and The Spectre (definitely an Irish cop) are there to be able to carry the Arkham Asylum Guards in case they can pull off a Capture.
pre:
FL204	Central City	40
	Police Captain
SOG016	Harvey Bullock	32
DKR021	Lt. Gordon	68
BM003A	Arkham Asylum	45
	Guard
BM003A	Arkham Asylum	45
	Guard
SFSM003B Captain Stacy	30
D10A003	John Jones	90
JW041	The Spectre	40
GOTG056	Sleepwalker	110
---------------------------
		Total:	500
	Theme: Central City

ManiacClown fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Mar 16, 2018

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Trip report: I ran the Police team and got my rear end kicked as expected but had fun doing it, also as expected. I actually won the second round game because my opponent had just thrown together a bunch of What If? with Pulse Wave Thor, 80-point Spidey, Daredevil, Agent of SHIELD, and rare Captain America and I managed to Capture and release Cap and Captured but didn't get to release Thor. At least I got to do that, plus I used four characters I'd never used before, including Sleepwalker, so it was a good night.

Next week we're looking at organizing something informal, though I might not make it because I'm trying to get a playtest together that afternoon for METAL WORLD, my RPG that's basically if Ronnie James Dio ran D&D for Dethklok. If any of you might be up for that, here's the Facebook Event.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Morand posted:

I finally get to play in an event again after almost 3 weeks. I am excited as gently caress cause I got the itch bad.

It's 500 points No Resources, I.D Cards, Relics or Equipment. and I am running a suicide squad theme full of pieces I've never used.

HQGG Enchantress
HQGG King Shark
HQGG Title Harley
HQGG Nightshade
JW Amanda Waller
JW Rick Flag Jr
JW Bronze Tiger
Flash FF Mirror Master
Bucket of Water special object

I think it'll do decently well. Has just a little bit of everything and decent mobility with Nightshade and Mirror Master. Bucket is there to let king shark do his thing.

Decently well was how this team went

Round 1 I lost to an X-Men team with an absurd amount of perplex. It didn’t help that my work called me and I had to keep answering the phone during the game and was distracted. I didn’t read Nightshades attack power which would have really hurt most of his team. King shark with a 13 AV also missed a professor x. He ended up beating a hard cheese uni mind squad in the finals to win the event.

Round 2 versus another X-men squad with another absurd amount of perplex. This time I knew what nightshade could do and king shark oneshot a 150 point cyclops so the game went very differently. Harley also spawned 6 Harley’s that beat most of his team to death.

Round 3 versus the old Black King, LE White Queen who spawns cuckoos, master pandemonium, Prime Magneto.

He wanted to choke the board with pogs. Nightshade wiped out half his cuckoos and both hands in a round. He failed both rolls to do 2 to pandemonium. Pandemonium died to king shark after making 2 more pogs that bronze tiger KO’d. The black king came down and broke my bucket and was then unloaded on after being knocked down to -3 defense by enchantress and Harley. He tried to break and hyper but missed and that was that. Harley’s were spawned and knocked White Queen to her I don’t die click. Magneto got shot to poo poo and Queen took one and was also shot to poo poo.

I kinda want to add 100 points to this and run it next week.a

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Morand posted:

I didn’t read Nightshades attack power which would have really hurt most of his team. King shark with a 13 AV also missed a professor x. He ended up beating a hard cheese uni mind squad in the finals to win the event.

Glad to read this happening to much better players than me, it's so annoying when you're like "oh I totally missed a bunch of damage three turns ago" and it probably would have turned the game around. Especially when you've built the team with that in mind but when it comes to the actual game you just blank.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I just got Silvermane yesterday, so I'm playing a game today where I'm just going to get crushed but I don't care.

Silvermane
Porcupine
Gladiator
Blacklash (Whiplash)
Maggia Goon x3

There's no way this team wins but there's no way this team isn't fun.

EDIT: so I changed it up and ran 300 points of Hulk Haters.

Maestro
Leader
Tyrannus

Using old schoool Moloids as Tyrannoids.

Round 1: fought a Harlequin/Power Plant team to a 0-0 tie, as I couldn’t get Maestro close enough to do his Enchanted Ball/Chain quake and he couldn’t get close enough through the wall of Tyrannoids to do anything.

Round 2, beat a newbie as a teaching game, but still was happy to get to crush Hal Jordan.

Round 3, squared off against the Con Ex Doomsday. He did a lot of dancing, but I was able to whittle him down to about two clicks from death, and the Leader kept remarkably hitting despite Adaption tokens. I was trying to use Tyrannoids to get around all that, but they are also free healing for Doomsday so tying him up was a mixed bag. Another 0-0 game.

Roll offs are fun! :/

Steve Vader fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Mar 20, 2018

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

thebardyspoon posted:

Glad to read this happening to much better players than me, it's so annoying when you're like "oh I totally missed a bunch of damage three turns ago" and it probably would have turned the game around. Especially when you've built the team with that in mind but when it comes to the actual game you just blank.

Hah. Yeah. I just put her on for the hindering teleportage and prob. She was there to yank back King Shark after he did an alpha strike (PS I am so proud of that bucket of water trick. King shark sidesteps onto bucket, then as free action moves his whole speed grabbing the bucket along the way. Next turn sidestep and drop in his square and you have a massive strike range. Sure it's golden age only but it's loving hilarious to me). Her not being in range to yank the shark back was a combination of stupidity and work distractions and after he died and my plans went to poo poo and work kept loving calling I just played like rear end.

Not realizing that her smoke cloud poison is loving crazy good is totally on me though. I used it to really good effect the last 2 rounds especially against the pog spam team. Still not sure it would have made a huge difference though as not killing professor x really hosed me over since he can dictate your positioning.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

I’m borrowing some stuff to finally try out some XXS Stuff Sunday!

600 points do whatever.

I’m running

UXM Dark Angel with Uncanny ATA
WKO Forge with Uncanny ATA
DXF Cable with Uncanny ATA
XXS SR Cyclops at 50
XXS Storm
Lyla Cheney
UXM Emma Frost with her prime on the sideline
Green Arrow ID with Chase Green Arrow (gently caress you uni-mind)

600 on the nose and I really like it

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Morand posted:

I’m borrowing some stuff to finally try out some XXS Stuff Sunday!

600 points do whatever.

I’m running

UXM Dark Angel with Uncanny ATA
WKO Forge with Uncanny ATA
DXF Cable with Uncanny ATA
XXS SR Cyclops at 50
XXS Storm
Lyla Cheney
UXM Emma Frost with her prime on the sideline
Green Arrow ID with Chase Green Arrow (gently caress you uni-mind)

600 on the nose and I really like it

This team played like a dream.

Round 1 versus Age of Apokolips

Deadpool Blink
Wolverine from UXM?
Mr Sinister from XXS
Jean from XXS
Sugarman from UXM
The Mirror from Thor
Dueling Sword from Thor

I won Map and chose the wizkids convention hall because it looked fun. He placed his objects just to the right of the walls. I moved out DA, Cyclops, Cable, and Forge with Lyla. Storm carried Emma and gave everyone a plus one defense. He moved blink out onto the dueling sword. That put her into Range of a DA RS and with 2 perplexes and an enhancement he did 7 clicks to KO her. From here he’d move down and get shot up. He did get lyla but Sinister versus the world was not a fight he was going to win.

Round 2 versus X-Men

Lyla Cheney
UXM Beast
DP Banshee
Dust
UXM Iceman
XXS Wolverine
Darwin
X men blue? On all. The one that ups attack on a successful leadership roll.

I lost map and ended up on a very confining indoor map and this game turned into a slog. I got first shot on his Iceman for 2. I then cane down with Lyla and then the pain train started. Wolverine came down and murdered cyclops because my opponent thought he was at full. Beast then got within 4 and all my good powers were gone. Green Arrow was called in and hit wolvy for 5. Forge then got a shot to finish him off. Things got harder as I could not hit and I was getting no bonuses. Cable got murdered by banshee and Iceman. There came a turn where he killed my sidestep on DA instead of RS cause he thought I didn’t have a shot on anyone. He was correct until Emma shot a wall and angel got a RS off on beast. Which he sensed out of. Banshee moved within shut off range and he charged to blade me but missed. He killed a bunch of powers but let me keep sidestep. That was a mistake as 12 on a 18 is better then 12 on a 20. He did not make giant senses roll that time and that helped so much as now I had better defenses and forge wasn’t useless. Still wasn’t out of the woods yet as he hammered dark angel with banshee and Iceman to a regen click. I managed to heal to a flurry hyper click for free and went to town. Beast fell, Banshee fell and his Lyla went. My Lyla kept us away from his dust tricks which had hurt my storm quite badly and forced me to run a lot of times I am not mentioning. Time was called just as forge hit Iceman with his neutralizer gun to stop him healing so angel could have hypered him.

That games was loving bananas.

Round 3 versus Atlantis as played by Andy.

CW Namor
5 Sharks
Ocean Master
KC Aquaman
Attuma
Green Arrow ID with Chase Arrow.

I lost map again and ended up in the Pacific Ocean. Andy mad a pretty bad misplay his first action, not counting my swing properly and ocean master took 7 clicks from Dark Angel while Attuma took hits from cable and cyclops to end up on his last click. Attuma ended up dead and then I went for the sharks but the sharks were apparently pissed off as they did not roll less then a 10 on Attack and no less then a 5 on blades rolls. They were dying but they also took out Cable and Archangel after Green Arrow also shot him. Cyclops was able to oneshot Arrow with his free attack once he got close enough and finished off the sharks as well. Namor got knocked to a charge click and Forge cleared so I couldn’t outwit. He missed cyclops though and cyclops and storm took him out.

I won Black Cat but am sad as I thought this was Silvermane day.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "
First information on Con LEs has been announced.

https://wizkids.com/heroclix/2018/03/29/2018-worlds-convention-exclusive-update/

Exclusive to whereever-the-hell Worlds is going to be are:
Marvel HeroClix: Gwenpool Prize Figure
DC Comics HeroClix: The Joker Figure (DKR)
Marvel HeroClix: Thanos and Thanoscopter For Sale Set
DC Comics HeroClix: Colossal Starro For Sale Set
DC Comics HeroClix: The Joker ID Card
DC Comics HeroClix: Two-Face ID Card

Gwenpool had better be available in other places, is all I'm saying. Not exactly happy spending hundreds of dollars and giving up a week to run events for them at Origins and then see such a great list of exclusives that won't be available there.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Torrent posted:

First information on Con LEs has been announced.

https://wizkids.com/heroclix/2018/03/29/2018-worlds-convention-exclusive-update/

Exclusive to whereever-the-hell Worlds is going to be are:
Marvel HeroClix: Gwenpool Prize Figure
DC Comics HeroClix: The Joker Figure (DKR)
Marvel HeroClix: Thanos and Thanoscopter For Sale Set
DC Comics HeroClix: Colossal Starro For Sale Set
DC Comics HeroClix: The Joker ID Card
DC Comics HeroClix: Two-Face ID Card

Gwenpool had better be available in other places, is all I'm saying. Not exactly happy spending hundreds of dollars and giving up a week to run events for them at Origins and then see such a great list of exclusives that won't be available there.

Oh poo poo! Worlds is in Philly!! I am in Philly! I can do worlds despite having a kid!!!!

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I hope you become the first hat trick Champion! I wish they'd offer more figures at WKOs again, I'd love to have a chance to win Gwenpool or DKR Joker.

Anybody have ideas for a 400 point Easter team? So far I've only got White Rabbit, Egghead, and Gardener. I could add Black Talon for a chicken/egg connection, or a Gorn, claiming he's holding the boulder from Jesus' tomb, but either way I'm still underbuilt and at a loss for other figures.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Black Suit Superman is a Christ allegory?

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Steve Vader posted:

Black Suit Superman is a Christ allegory?

Hey, there you go. He did die, after all. Who can forget our Lord's glory as he died upon the spiky fists of Doomsday, whom the Romans did send to slay him, but he too did slay in return, thereby saving all mankind?

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

Sanschel posted:

Anybody have ideas for a 400 point Easter team? So far I've only got White Rabbit, Egghead, and Gardener. I could add Black Talon for a chicken/egg connection, or a Gorn, claiming he's holding the boulder from Jesus' tomb, but either way I'm still underbuilt and at a loss for other figures.

There are two Eggheads, don't forget, one Marvel, one Batman '66. Shang-Tzu is a giant egg. Bombshell Zatanna generates a rabbit. Team base Magneto has a very 'Christ on the cross' pose. SR Riddler from Joker's Wild hides presents all around the map. Tangent Green Lantern can raise the dead...

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

ManiacClown posted:

Hey, there you go. He did die, after all. Who can forget our Lord's glory as he died upon the spiky fists of Doomsday, whom the Romans did send to slay him, but he too did slay in return, thereby saving all mankind?

But before he returned, there was a heroic hip megachurch style Jesusboy, a nefarious Cyborg Christian exploiting his name for personal gain and revenge, a robot Evangelicator perverting the intentions of Jesus into a more ruthless morality, and ... um ... Steel. Shaquille O’Steel?

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Torrent posted:

There are two Eggheads, don't forget, one Marvel, one Batman '66. Shang-Tzu is a giant egg. Bombshell Zatanna generates a rabbit. Team base Magneto has a very 'Christ on the cross' pose. SR Riddler from Joker's Wild hides presents all around the map. Tangent Green Lantern can raise the dead...

Oh, don't forget Magneto is also Jewish, so that works!

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I wound up running Chang Tzu, White Rabbit, DC Egghead, and Superman. I only used them one round because it would be hard to top a round where Rabbit made every shape change and kept three people tied up every turn after the first, Chang Tzu got off a crit hit energy explosion, and Egghead managed to capture Superman Blue in an Elaborate Deathtrap and managed to live long enough to actually KO him with it! I never actually expected to succeed at that so it was worth it for that alone.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Sanschel posted:

I wound up running Chang Tzu, White Rabbit, DC Egghead, and Superman. I only used them one round because it would be hard to top a round where Rabbit made every shape change and kept three people tied up every turn after the first, Chang Tzu got off a crit hit energy explosion, and Egghead managed to capture Superman Blue in an Elaborate Deathtrap and managed to live long enough to actually KO him with it! I never actually expected to succeed at that so it was worth it for that alone.

Elaborate Deathtrap stories are the best things. I remember I was playing the colossal serpent against Andy one time and I was wrecking house. Serpent had all the bonuses and was Koing stuff left and right. I completely ignored a catwoman with a hammer who moved near me and then she put me in an elaborate deathtrap and since I had no more figures on the board the game ended and I lost.

It was hilarious.

Morand fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Apr 9, 2018

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Any thoughts on the Infinity Previews that have been put up yet? I think Cosmo is pretty fun looking and Ego Prime could be neat on the right maps. Kinda weird theres no retaliations for them though.

Also thoughts that they've announced the next set after infinity is Battleworlds? We could actually get a God Doom!

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

Morand posted:

Any thoughts on the Infinity Previews that have been put up yet? I think Cosmo is pretty fun looking and Ego Prime could be neat on the right maps. Kinda weird theres no retaliations for them though.

Also thoughts that they've announced the next set after infinity is Battleworlds? We could actually get a God Doom!

As of right now, I'm really only digging on Cosmo and Javelin. Gonna need all of those goofy-looking Space Knights for my 'clunky old robots' team. Not at all interested in those chases.

Battleworld, though... that thing has as much potential as What If...? did. So many potential cool things... I'd love to get Captain America & Devil Dinosaur, a new Elsa Bloodstone, that bandage-wrapped Moon Knight, loads of Thors, maybe a Miles Morales with the freaking Champions keyword (not that it would be story appropriate, but it's a good set for Miles). Given how much they love reusing sculpts, I could see 616 and Ultimate versions of all the regulars...

God-Doom, though, I don't think so. If they were putting him in a set, I think they'd be trumpeting it from the rooftops, since that would really ensure pre-orders. I'm betting he'll be a con exclusive next year.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Disney still doesn't own Fox yet, let alone whenever they were planning Battleworld. No way is there a God Doom.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Sanschel posted:

A very belated congrats on your April Fools/Easter Miracle. :toot:

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

One of the world's teams from last year or the one before had wanted God Doom to be their figure, I'm holding out unlikely hope that they got to do it, considering Hasbro made the first FF figures in a long time last year.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Yo so I am aware that this thread is not my personal rules question forum but just need a quick confirmation for how Hindering terrain works because the two people I've been playing with questioned how it works tonight and the rule book did not help me convince them that I'm right and in fact was so unhelpful that I am somewhat worried I'm wrong.

So we were playing on the Fallen Asgard map which has that big blob of special terrain in the middle that counts as hindering, my chum had a Batman with stealth right on the edge of the hindering but outside of it and I had a Jean Grey inside the blob of hindering 3 or 4 squares away from the batman, he said that the squares between were blocking line of fire. Now I'm pretty sure how that works is (and I'm also sure this is how we've always played it in any case, we've just not played for weeks and it's not come up for months) that a single blob of continuous hindering terrain is all one thing, so a figure shooting out of it doesn't have their line of fire blocked as long as it solely crosses hindering terrain within the boundary with the square that they're occupying and doesn't cross any separate hindering terrain squares outside of that. The logic being, you can shoot out of cover regardless of where you are in the cover.

Is that correct and if so, what's the passage in the rulebook that explains that and makes it clear? Also if it's wrong, then I guess I am red faced because I've been playing the game wrong for 15 years.

Also the previews have started spilling out for the Infinity set and there's a Namor with Giganto so that's pretty drat great. Sculpt looks amazing. On the downside, there's generic common colossal figures, Scott Porter pulled a generic Dune Buggy which they even painted the perfect colour to have a Shocker Mobile special trait or something but it doesn't have anything like that.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

thebardyspoon posted:

So we were playing on the Fallen Asgard map which has that big blob of special terrain in the middle that counts as hindering, my chum had a Batman with stealth right on the edge of the hindering but outside of it and I had a Jean Grey inside the blob of hindering 3 or 4 squares away from the batman, he said that the squares between were blocking line of fire. Now I'm pretty sure how that works is (and I'm also sure this is how we've always played it in any case, we've just not played for weeks and it's not come up for months) that a single blob of continuous hindering terrain is all one thing, so a figure shooting out of it doesn't have their line of fire blocked as long as it solely crosses hindering terrain within the boundary with the square that they're occupying and doesn't cross any separate hindering terrain squares outside of that. The logic being, you can shoot out of cover regardless of where you are in the cover.

Is that correct and if so, what's the passage in the rulebook that explains that and makes it clear? Also if it's wrong, then I guess I am red faced because I've been playing the game wrong for 15 years.
You're wrong and your friend is right. The relevant passage in the rulebook is the one that says that lines of fire that cross hindering terrain are hindered. Draw a line of fire from Jean to Batman. Does it cross even a single square of hindering terrain? Yes, it does, so it's hindered.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

And honestly if you have rules questions just ask them. I ain’t gonna judge I get rules dyslexia all the loving time and it fuels discussion

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Morand posted:

And honestly if you have rules questions just ask them. I ain’t gonna judge I get rules dyslexia all the loving time and it fuels discussion
Also points dyslexia

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

CapnAndy posted:

You're wrong and your friend is right. The relevant passage in the rulebook is the one that says that lines of fire that cross hindering terrain are hindered. Draw a line of fire from Jean to Batman. Does it cross even a single square of hindering terrain? Yes, it does, so it's hindered.

Fuuuuuuck. Honestly that might be enough to make me stop playing this game that I've been playing wrong for 15 years. That seems so dumb. Has it always been that way then?

I totally thought it was the boundary lines that mattered for line of fire when the attacker is occupying a square of a big blob and attacking someone outside of it, like jean greys lof was only crossing the boundary line of hindering she was occupying. Well no wonder it was hard to get the rules to agree with me. We've totally been playing it that way as well. drat, drat, drat. They're also never going to trust me with a rules question again now.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Apr 18, 2018

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

thebardyspoon posted:

Fuuuuuuck. Honestly that might be enough to make me stop playing this game that I've been playing wrong for 15 years. That seems so dumb. Has it always been that way then?

Yes. It has. That said, I'll also say: ask away. I've been playing for getting on 14 years now. That coupled with my unfortunate condition has made me my venue's official Rules Lawyer.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

thebardyspoon posted:

I totally thought it was the boundary lines that mattered for line of fire when the attacker is occupying a square of a big blob and attacking someone outside of it, like jean greys lof was only crossing the boundary line of hindering she was occupying. Well no wonder it was hard to get the rules to agree with me. We've totally been playing it that way as well. drat, drat, drat. They're also never going to trust me with a rules question again now.

Please don't quit the game over something that minor. Honestly if you aren't sure you can ask and I'm sure your buddies aren't going to immediately lose all trust in you. You'll probably just need to provide documentation for the next rules question rather then your word.

poo poo happens, we all forget stuff.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Morand posted:

Please don't quit the game over something that minor. Honestly if you aren't sure you can ask and I'm sure your buddies aren't going to immediately lose all trust in you. You'll probably just need to provide documentation for the next rules question rather then your word.

poo poo happens, we all forget stuff.

Haha, I was half joking. It feels pretty dumb as a rule to me but yeah, I won't quit the game out of it. Hell, a primary factor in getting this very boring but lucrative job I just started was to get more clix money.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

I have an event on Sunday. I have no idea what to play, so what would you do? Bear in mind I have everything except XXS and Star Trek. Prices aren't low enough for XXS and Next Generation was my show, not the original.

code:
Build a 400pt team.

Rules:

1. BOSS - You must have 1 "named" figure of no more than 115pts as your gangs' Boss. While your Boss is in play you get a +1 to your total actions for the turn. (Yes this stacks with any leadership your Boss has on his dial that he/she can use.)

2. You can have other named figures on your team. None can be of no more than 100pts. 

3. Your gang must include a minimum of 4 generic figures of which can be no more than 55pts each on your team. 

4. ATA's allowed only

Morand fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Apr 19, 2018

tragedyjones
Oct 26, 2010
Klingons or Romulans would do great under those stipulations.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

tragedyjones posted:

I don't have any original series. TNG was my show growing up. If they ever make a set of that I'll be all over it. It would have been helpful for me to have listed that too I see.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Morand posted:

I have an event on Sunday. I have no idea what to play, so what would you do? Bear in mind I have everything except XXS and Star Trek. Prices aren't low enough for XXS and Next Generation was my show, not the original.

code:
Build a 400pt team.

Rules:

1. BOSS - You must have 1 "named" figure of no more than 115pts as your gangs' Boss. While your Boss is in play you get a +1 to your total actions for the turn. (Yes this stacks with any leadership your Boss has on his dial that he/she can use.)

2. You can have other named figures on your team. None can be of no more than 100pts. 

3. Your gang must include a minimum of 4 generic figures of which can be no more than 55pts each on your team. 

4. ATA's allowed only
I would think about Kree from GotG. Korath from the movie set would be a good leader. Kree Major and Kree General together would you give benefits whether the opponents are clustered or spread out. Kree privates and lieutenants are great.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

tragedyjones posted:

They would, but I just ran Klingons two weeks ago and going back to them immediately would be trite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

So I ended up doing Wakanda for the gang war.

My team was

Chair Panther
Shuri Panther
3 Wakandan Warriors
White Wolf
2 Hatut Zeraze’s

I really liked the kree suggestion and almost ran them but the lure of things I haven’t played yet always wins.

Round 1 versus Dr. Frankenstein’s various monsters

Frankenstein and his monster.
A generic vampire
Skeets at full
3 mage knight flying pogs
Zombie Electro
Jacob Marley

I lost map and ended up on the bridge.

Lots of positioning early on. Shuri charged in to hit the stealth wall vampire and tie up the monster and outwit the psychic blast of electro. Jacob forced one through via his movement power and electro then hit with police assist to her last click. Shuri ended up on her last click. My warriors poked pogs to death. My hatuts aggressively targeted Jacob Marley and KO’d him to keep Shuri alive. She sidestepped into stealth to stay away from skeets. The monster tried to free hit shuri but could not. Electro was in a lovely spot as he would have to push to shoot my generics for food but he couldn’t get shots on shuri or my hatut so I had more then enough damage to ko him twice if he did. He chose to clear. The hatuts and shuri managed to ko him. Frankenstein’s monster clobbered a hatut with an object and his creator jumped off the bridge to get out of lof. He forgot shuri had sidestep though and she kod the doc and then my warriors swarmed the monster and poked him to death with spears which amused us. Skeets versus the world. I moved down and based him with everyone. He wouldn’t push to scary clicks as he didn’t want to be stuck and kept trying to hit white wolf cause we both forgot he had toughness. Finally I just said gently caress it and white wolf hit him to scary clicks. 3 warriors then poked him to death with the last being a crit hit.

Round 2 versus Cops

Commissioner Gordon from JW
Renee Montoya from Harley?
Thrill killer Ff Batman
Lots of generic cops
Harvey Bullock
GCPD ATA on all

I won map and ended up on Wakanda and that is where my luck ended. Shuri charged his Batman who rolled shape change. He then missed nothing and I couldn’t roll senses and that was the end of Shuri. Batman then wrecked poo poo, every time I tried to attack he rolled shape change. I had to slowly grind down his cops while he took shots at me where he could. Just before last action was called White Wolf hit a desperation blades for 6 on Renee to give me a super narrow win. If he’d ko’d just one more warrior we would have tied and my rolls had been absolute garbage.

Round 3 versus Stark Industries

2 Iron Legions
2 Cape Killers
A movie Hawkeye with trait RS
A movie Black Widow with trait charge
Peace Machine

My opponent had to borrow this team from the judge as his first team hadn’t met the build requirements. I don’t think he really understood how to play it as he should have ruined me with Hawkeye. He just threw him out, and hit white wolf for 3 and then my hatuts sidestepped up and ended him with 4 damage RCE’s. That was basically game. Shuri never took a click and just dominated from there on out.

So Wakanda was fun but Christ these were all hard games and hard fought wins. I really needed Wakabi for the global defense boost. Next time I’ll make sure to include him.

Morand fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Apr 23, 2018