Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Toshimo posted:

Next thing you know, Lowtax will be calling you about your shitposting issue

Dude, I've gotten six phone calls from three different phone numbers that the only game store owner in town has over a DCI issue.

gently caress you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

1st FNM is in the books. Went 2-1.

That’s awesome dude!

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Star Man posted:

Dude, I've gotten six phone calls from three different phone numbers that the only game store owner in town has over a DCI issue.

gently caress you.

I am with you. The Dci investigator hosed up.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
I mean, WOTC aren't the actual police, I don't imagine they're planning to actually stop the dude from calling you.

THE BLACK NINJA
Mar 9, 2010

Star Man posted:

gently caress you.

OMG the horror!

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Sickening posted:

I am with you. The Dci investigator hosed up.

The people at Wizards that you email theough customer support are retail support, I learned.

If my store owner figured out it was me, then it eas from word of mouth or theirbown deduction.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Just lol at answering your phone to anyone in 2018

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Angry Grimace posted:

I mean, WOTC aren't the actual police, I don't imagine they're planning to actually stop the dude from calling you.

They're not. I called Wizards because I think it's a DCI issue.

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

whydirt posted:

Just lol at answering your phone to anyone in 2018

not emptyquoting

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
File a police complaint for harassment, get WotC to pull his WPN status over it and then quickly open your own store.

shit is weak
May 17, 2008

Slaw doggin' it
Please give the store owner my DCI # to use instead. Why would you ever want to prevent free planeswalker points?

Also why would you even check your points if not to confirm gp byes?

THE BLACK NINJA
Mar 9, 2010

poo poo is weak posted:

Please give the store owner my DCI # to use instead. Why would you ever want to prevent free planeswalker points?

Because he's a baby and has nothing to complain about besides "6 calls from 3 numbers oh m g".

poo poo is weak.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

I can't imagine why someone would be upset that WotC just outed their complaints about the only store in town to said store. I'm sure it won't be incredibly awkward to go there from now on.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

THE BLACK NINJA posted:

Because he's a baby and has nothing to complain about besides "6 calls from 3 numbers oh m g".

poo poo is weak.

The lgs owner is outed. So why did you call your patron like a creepy gently caress?

THE BLACK NINJA
Mar 9, 2010

Sickening posted:

The lgs owner is outed. So why did you call your patron like a creepy gently caress?

You are ridiculous.

It's also ridiculous to bitch on the internet about getting phone calls.

THE BLACK NINJA
Mar 9, 2010

suicidesteve posted:

I can't imagine why someone would be upset that WotC just outed their complaints about the only store in town to said store. I'm sure it won't be incredibly awkward to go there from now on.

Didn't star man already say he didn't go there aymore?

It's almost like star man would rather engage wotc for the express purpose of bitching about their handling of the situation rather than calling the logs and just saying, "hey, I've known you for a while, please quit doing that!"

You fuckin mellineals are a joke.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

poo poo is weak posted:

Personally, I like knowing that my stats are accurate. I'd be really unhappy if I found out that I had a bunch of 0/1s or 0/2s that I never played.

Speaking of, does anyone have a link to that page that took your DCI info and gave you a ton of stats about who you played, format records, etc? I haven't looked in a while.

THE BLACK NINJA posted:

Didn't star man already say he didn't go there aymore?

It's almost like star man would rather engage wotc for the express purpose of bitching about their handling of the situation rather than calling the logs and just saying, "hey, I've known you for a while, please quit doing that!"

Angry store owner found.

THE BLACK NINJA
Mar 9, 2010
If my life came to owning a a store that sold magic the gathering cards I would have committed suicide long. ago

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

THE BLACK NINJA posted:

You are ridiculous.

It's also ridiculous to bitch on the internet about getting phone calls.

I think the 3 different numbers part is creepy as A simple call to diffuse a Situation sure but it’s not like they are scorned lovers.

shit is weak
May 17, 2008

Slaw doggin' it
Yeah but I want free gp byes

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Reminder that Bob Maher ate a 1? year ban for tournament fraud to get PT invites despite claiming that it was his friends running the scam for him and he had no part in it.

THE BLACK NINJA
Mar 9, 2010

Sickening posted:

I think the 3 different numbers part is creepy as gently caress.

Haha, agreed. My point is, why would star man not just take the problem head on and resolve it? I'm
Sure it is within their power. Instead, star man engages burocracy and bitches about the results. Has star man been wronged? Yes. Has star man addressed it like an adult? Nope.

Really if the worst thing a person has to bitch about is their magic the gathering score then lol baby child you are about to get rocked.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Notifying an appropriate authority is a pretty good way for adults to respond to creepy behavior though

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
haha yeah if someone is making harassing phone calls you should just talk to them and get them to stop, this has never worked out poorly for anyone in the past

star man is obviously just playing hard to get

THE BLACK NINJA
Mar 9, 2010

JerryLee posted:

Notifying an appropriate authority is a pretty good way for adults to respond to creepy behavior though

Fair point.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

ShadeofBlue posted:

That’s awesome dude!

Thanks! I had a ton of fun. Beat by vehicles, won against random UB deck, beat Approach.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Thanks! I had a ton of fun. Beat by vehicles, won against random UB deck, beat Approach.

Did you play the Merfolk deck?

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

Did you play the Merfolk deck?

Yes I did.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Congratulations on your FnM win! My GF and I just came back from our first FnM too, with Challenger Decks. I ran the Red aggro deck and she went with G/B counters. We added some upgrades we accumulated from our friend league and went 4/0 and 2/2. It.was fun! It feels a little lame to do well running a powerful deck that we didn't actually build but net decking and metas are a thing so whatever. Some dude was running a deck with four phoenixes including a foil promo, four Hazorets, four promo abrades, etc.

Dr. Red Ranger fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Apr 14, 2018

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Apparently there is a rule at my LGS that you can’t sign up for 2 Headed Giant prerelease with the team name of “*** BYE ***”

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

THE BLACK NINJA posted:

Haha, agreed. My point is, why would star man not just take the problem head on and resolve it? I'm
Sure it is within their power. Instead, star man engages burocracy and bitches about the results. Has star man been wronged? Yes. Has star man addressed it like an adult? Nope.

Really if the worst thing a person has to bitch about is their magic the gathering score then lol baby child you are about to get rocked.

you're a dickhead

so is toshimo

i'm pretty tilted that the prerelease is next week

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
Mods please change my forums username to "You fuckin mellineals are a joke."

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

THE BLACK NINJA posted:

Calm down grandpa.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

THE BLACK NINJA posted:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

What would the cost be of an enchantment that did something along the lines of "artifacts lose all abilities and gain "2, sacrifice this permanent: draw a card""? The idea of turning everything into a clue seemed neat.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.

The Shortest Path posted:

What would the cost be of an enchantment that did something along the lines of "artifacts lose all abilities and gain "2, sacrifice this permanent: draw a card""? The idea of turning everything into a clue seemed neat.

If it’s an enchantment it should be more along the lines of:

Artifacts lose all abilities.
2, Sacrifice and artifact: draw a card. Any player may use this ability.

Just because the templating on something losing sll abilities then gaining an ability seems like a nightmare.

A card like this could be in white, red, or blue. In any one of those colors it would likely be 5 mana. In any 2 of those colors 4. And in all 3 colors straight WUR.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

THE BLACK NINJA posted:

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Sickening posted:

I think the 3 different numbers part is creepy as A simple call to diffuse a Situation sure but it’s not like they are scorned lovers.

This is the least weird part of it for me. I very often call people from the wrong google voice number through the softphone, it's extremely easy to be logged into the wrong number. I can't imagine a game store has a robust pbx so it's just a button on a computer.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Balon posted:

If it’s an enchantment it should be more along the lines of:

Artifacts lose all abilities.
2, Sacrifice and artifact: draw a card. Any player may use this ability.

Just because the templating on something losing sll abilities then gaining an ability seems like a nightmare.

A card like this could be in white, red, or blue. In any one of those colors it would likely be 5 mana. In any 2 of those colors 4. And in all 3 colors straight WUR.

how would you deal with artifacts that have creature, land, or enchantment supertypes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive
They did the store champs thing tonight with a cut to the top instead of FNM, I opted to be a degenerate and play god pharaoh’s gift instead of the usual and went to the cut as the 2nd seed. Ran really hot the whole night up until the top 4 where I just got abrade’d out of the game g1, and flooded out horribly g2 - I milled myself for 12 cards in one turn, 11 were lands. I lost the game with around 2 lands left in my library. 3rd place, left with a stack of packs, steel leaf champion promo, and a lovely quality deckbox with cool art.