Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmm8WK5RqLY

Here's a subtitled example of BS Zelda's startup and gameplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Grapplejack posted:

The Far Cry thread pointed out that the main writer started believing his own poo poo and that basically led to the ending being what it is.
Is it the same writer from 3, because that guy was definitely up his own rear end back then.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

ugh

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

People have been dunking on that tweet all week.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

What if the God of War was one of us

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

LOL that tweet got a supportive "keep your head up" reply from libertarian snakeman

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Jeff Cannata is a dork but he's like Tom Chick in that everyone dunks on him for having bad opinions. I wish there were more video game talking heads with bad opinions, they're fun to think about.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

GUI posted:

First thing I drop on during my first match.

The next 40 minutes of matches:

This is supposed to be a shotgun:

I was one of the last few standing then I fell through the floor while crawling prone and died:

This right here is the big problem with early access in general. I think people were already skeptical of it in the first place. But releasing it THIS EARLY with THIS MUCH placeholder poo poo and doing literally nothing to make people think this is anything but Fortnite and PUBG mashed together to quickly cash in on the Battle Royale thing is such a monumentally stupid idea. First impressions are everything and this is the thing people are gonna think about, not whatever the finished product will look like.

At least do what Darkest Dungeon did and release a mostly finished game into early access instead. IDK how PUBG managed to do what it did considering what a garbage pile it was in early access but there was no way Radical Heights was gonna be able to accomplish that same thing

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Grapplejack posted:

The Far Cry thread pointed out that the main writer started believing his own poo poo and that basically led to the ending being what it is.

What is it about Far Cry games that drives writers mad with power??

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

LOL that tweet got a supportive "keep your head up" reply from libertarian snakeman

which one

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

You might say it's the Citizen Kane of games.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Macaluso posted:

This right here is the big problem with early access in general. I think people were already skeptical of it in the first place. But releasing it THIS EARLY with THIS MUCH placeholder poo poo and doing literally nothing to make people think this is anything but Fortnite and PUBG mashed together to quickly cash in on the Battle Royale thing is such a monumentally stupid idea. First impressions are everything and this is the thing people are gonna think about, not whatever the finished product will look like.

At least do what Darkest Dungeon did and release a mostly finished game into early access instead. IDK how PUBG managed to do what it did considering what a garbage pile it was in early access but there was no way Radical Heights was gonna be able to accomplish that same thing
That's exactly what I was thinking when I was playing it. If you are a high profile person like CliffyB why the gently caress would you even think of releasing this poo poo at this stage. The only thing I can think of is trying to get crowd funding from people who think they are on the ground floor for something special.

Radical Heights sure is special.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

precision posted:

It's not really nihilistic. Nihilism has never been cool but it can be amusing in movies/games. The ending of 5 isn't coherent enough to be nihilistic, because the game doesn't actually explain what the gently caress exactly happened.

I can think of more Ubisoft games that end with a main/secondary character in a hopeless situation/despair than ones that don't.

But mainly it's because almost every one of those did it as a way to entice players about a potential sequel. But sometimes the sequels wouldn't come.

Or, or sometimes there would be a sequel but that plot point was never even addressed at all. This is the only ending for the first Rabbids game.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I thought people doing this were being ironic.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIbZgecFGkg

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

I thought people doing this were being ironic.

They were, dumb tweets turning into a joke format happens pretty much constantly.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

al-azad posted:

Jeff Cannata is a dork but he's like Tom Chick in that everyone dunks on him for having bad opinions. I wish there were more video game talking heads with bad opinions, they're fun to think about.
I don't hate Jeff Cannata but /Filmcast is maybe the worst movie podcast ever, and that's saying something since movie podcasts are pretty bad on average.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Hahaha, just :lol: at some guy I don't know about liking a game and getting overexcited about it. Why can't he have the same unfeeling, ironic detachment as me?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Mordja posted:

Hahaha, just :lol: at some guy I don't know about liking a game and getting overexcited about it. Why can't he have the same unfeeling, ironic detachment as me?

the doofy part isn't that he likes the game but that he feels the only way to qualify how good it is is comparing it to a bunch of completely different games

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Mordja posted:

- Mordja, in response to an image posted without comment.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
billy mitchell has been banned from twin galaxies and all his donkey kong scores have been removed

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Zetsubou-san posted:

billy mitchell has been banned from twin galaxies and all his donkey kong scores have been removed

https://twitter.com/dkvine/status/984498346239774720

#Takedownthistie.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Raxivace posted:

I don't hate Jeff Cannata but /Filmcast is maybe the worst movie podcast ever, and that's saying something since movie podcasts are pretty bad on average.

I've only listened to DLC which is Christian Spicer dunking on Jeff for liking literally everything.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

people upset at that tweet need to have a good hard look at themselves, particularly anyone who was most angry at the inhumanity of comparing dark souls to A PLEB GAME. it's so unoffensive like who cares

his comment that he got more hate from that than all his tweets about politics is extremely telling though lol

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

mad at jokes

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i mean i just thought the tweet was doofy, i guess i shouldn't be surprised people got genuinely mad though

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I just thought it was funny in the same way the Randy Pitchford tweet is funny

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Yeah I thought it was as funny as seeing people talk about "the Citizen Kane of games" or "now I know what it like to see The Godfather in the 70s"

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

"every man woman and child on earth should play this" from EZ Allies was def more funny and ridiculous but the tweet from Cannata was more triggering because it mentions Zelda/Dark Souls

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

it fits a meme format better since slotting in different games just makes the comparison game reach absurdity

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
VVVVVV is $8 on Switch, and it's an incredibly good platformer, perfect for the Switch. I was just passing the Gamer Deals on to you but i might honestly re-buy it

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The new list of original Xbox games for Xbox One are now available for purchase if you search for them on xbox.com, but it looks like you can't download them yet.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Team Kirby Clash Deluxe is celebrating it's first year of being out with a retweet challenge. Tweeting gets you free apples to spend in game or something like that but really I'm posting this just because I think the art is cute

https://twitter.com/Kirby25thJP/status/984612196431757312

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Expect My Mom posted:

VVVVVV is $8 on Switch, and it's an incredibly good platformer, perfect for the Switch. I was just passing the Gamer Deals on to you but i might honestly re-buy it

It’s insanely good and I like it better than Celeste, including the soundtrack

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Team Kirby Clash Deluxe is celebrating it's first year of being out with a retweet challenge. Tweeting gets you free apples to spend in game or something like that but really I'm posting this just because I think the art is cute

"No Kirby, the only monster here is the micro-transaction monster that enslaved your friend. I call him Microtransagalor."

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
lmao at people getting mad at other people laughing at a dumb tweet

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Kirby is willing to be friends with a mad wizard, another mad wizard, and a war criminal. Yet Gooey still gets left out in the cold. smh

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Apr 14, 2018

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
god, why can't a new Chromehounds exist? seriously how has not a single dev or publisher looked at that game and thought "yes this could rake in money"?

e: WHAT THE gently caress APPARENTLY THERE'S AN INDIE GAME CALLED "MODULAR ASSAULT VEHICLE" AND IT LOOKS LIKE CHROMEHOUNDS AND WORLD OF TANKS hosed AND HAD A BABY

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Apr 14, 2018

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
For being a game about explosions and making explosions explode, you'd think Just Cause 3 wouldn't dip into single-digit FPS everytime something exploded.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

suuma posted:

For being a game about explosions and making explosions explode, you'd think Just Cause 3 wouldn't dip into single-digit FPS everytime something exploded.

the console version of JC3 is a huge travesty, idk how they hosed up the game so badly

• Locked thread