Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i would read girl genius again for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
I mean given the fact that one of the castles is literally a pet that follows her around, it's not too far fetched,

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Ideal Girl Genius ending: Agatha runs away with one of the castles (a female one) and leaves all the boring male, human love interests sealed in an underground vault together to eat each other.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Nuns with Guns posted:

Ideal Girl Genius ending: Agatha runs away with one of the castles (a female one) and leaves all the boring male, human love interests sealed in an underground vault together to eat each other.

Weak, the real ship is Tarvek/Gil. If one must get further away from human, then they both drink Jagerbrau and become weirdo troll monsters.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

this broken hill posted:

you'd be surprised how many teeth you can have if you just work hard and believe in yourself

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Now post the one where the guy wants to smoke teeth.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that ones super weird tho

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Don't act like you wouldn't smoke teeth.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
weed is all i need

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

There's a guy(?) in Sword Interval who does horrible demonic poo poo based around teeth.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i think weve only seen them do the one thing so far

functionally bisecting somebody is p horrible

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Actual shoutout to Girl Genius, the line "Technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced!" is loving gold.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I reread some of the more ponderous bits of Girl Genius and I do have to say, it's amazingly better when read in full books (castle by castle), it's just not well adapted to the drip-feed of webcomics.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

PMush Perfect posted:

Actual shoutout to Girl Genius, the line "Technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced!" is loving gold.

Well, p → q ⇔ ¬q → ¬p, so it’s not wrong.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Synthbuttrange posted:

I went looking but couldn't remember the details or figure out the search terms.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Synthbuttrange posted:

Enjoy.

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

All of human history
5 weeks ago
Today
gently caress

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

This just showed up on the IOSM thread, and it's relevant here, though it's a couple weeks old at this point:

https://twitter.com/starlinex/status/979808069625327616

There's a few videos and a thread, but that tweet is a pretty succinct tl;dr.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Oh, wow, I thought she just got an order from a printer that she didn't want, but some rando actually printed a bunch of books she didn't want and sent them to her non-public address. That is restraining order territory.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
thats kinda hosed up

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Don't miss the part where he also mailed her a fake thumb

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

https://mobile.twitter.com/starlinex/status/979809976574029824

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Apr 16, 2018

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
jesus

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Just as a reminder, the Mare Internum kickstarter ends in 35 hours. There are just 15 hardcovers left under 3 tiers, and only 3 of the Processor pins are left.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Dresden Codak updated, with Diaz giving us an insight into why pages take so long.

I can honestly believe it's depression, having gone through a bunch of that myself, and am glad that he has recognized it and is taking steps towards getting help.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

That post hits pretty close to home. I hope he finds his way out of it.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Diaz has mentioned his depression numerous times over the years. I admire the steps he's taken to reform his lovely behavior on social media. The next step is to appreciate the amazing opportunity he's been given to work on his comic.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Typical Pubbie posted:

Diaz has mentioned his depression numerous times over the years. I admire the steps he's taken to reform his lovely behavior on social media. The next step is to appreciate the amazing opportunity he's been given to work on his comic.

"Count your blessings." is among the worst possible advice you can give to a depressed person.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
It's not that simple. Taking three months and 12,000 dollars in patreon donations to make one page where nothing happens can't be good for someone suffering from performance anxiety and depression. Applying yourself to your work and producing something consistently even if its not perfect is going to be way healthier than staring at the ceiling as the weeks turn to months between updates.

Typical Pubbie fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Apr 16, 2018

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Typical Pubbie posted:

What steps has he taken to reform his lovely behavior? Going radio silent after his "Eisner was a mediocre white man" tweet? That definitely helps prevent more drama but nothing he's done has ever made it look like he's made an effort to change to make amends for past issues.

Typical Pubbie posted:

It's not that simple. Taking three months and 12,000 dollars in patreon donations to make one page where nothing happens can't be good for someone suffering from performance anxiety and depression. Applying yourself to your work and producing something consistently even if its not perfect is going to be way healthier than staring at the ceiling as the weeks turn to months between updates.

His output has been the same for a decade now. I'd be shocked if anyone pateron backed him expecting Gunnerkrigg Court-level page production. His fans are clearly happy with what they get. If he was deluding himself previously then hopefully this announcement is already his way of coming to terms with his own struggles as part of healing and improving.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

It's Aaron Diaz, this announcement is the first and last step in his realization that if he can put a malady name on his sloth that means he doesn't have to do anything about it and nobody is allowed to say anything mean about it.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

So, I must admit, as much as I dreaded the return of Shelley, I've been enjoying the last few strips featuring her. Especially since the new kids have been in 'em, doing their thing.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Nuns with Guns posted:

What steps has he taken to reform his lovely behavior? Going radio silent after his "Eisner was a mediocre white man" tweet? That definitely helps prevent more drama but nothing he's done has ever made it look like he's made an effort to change to make amends for past issues.

That's still progress, though? This is the guy who called Mary Cagle a poo poo for giving him some feather light criticism on tumblr. Shutting up is an improvement.

Nuns with Guns posted:

His output has been the same for a decade now. I'd be shocked if anyone pateron backed him expecting Gunnerkrigg Court-level page production. His fans are clearly happy with what they get. If he was deluding himself previously then hopefully this announcement is already his way of coming to terms with his own struggles as part of healing and improving.

His patreon has been bleeding donors for over a year now. He's the only major webcomic creator I know of who's patreon is shrinking rather than growing.

Typical Pubbie fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Apr 16, 2018

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
cant ride the gravy train for free forever

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Typical Pubbie posted:

It's kind of lovely to say but like. This is his job, and yeah he's taking people's money. A lot of people suffer from pretty hard hitting depression and they go to work every day. They do their job every day. It's loving hard to motivate yourself when motivation doesn't exist. But it's extra lovely to just do nothing and keep taking their money and pass it off on a condition that thousands of other people suffer from and still function with. Every day is a loving struggle for some people, and they don't get to just stop doing their lives and still be rewarded for it. It's frustrating because it sounds more like this;

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

It's Aaron Diaz, this announcement is the first and last step in his realization that if he can put a malady name on his sloth that means he doesn't have to do anything about it and nobody is allowed to say anything mean about it.

Than someone trying to make a genuine apology for a long standing trend of behavior they've shown very little signs of wanting to actively buck.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Let's give him at least a couple months to prove he is or isn't legit. Depression is a motherfucker and progress is always slow.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Honestly, the people of his Patreon should know his habits by this point, and if they want their money to go to somebody who'll update more than once a month, they should probably take their money somewhere else.

I forgot about Aaron Diaz for a few years. I'm not really angry at him. I hope if he wants to make a living with his comic he gets good at the key element of putting it out, otherwise I hope he finds good work elsewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I think that Aaron Diaz could be a great cartoonist if he can recognize the need to defeat his ego, and then subsequently do it.