Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Z the IVth posted:

Just got back from Salute. Spoke to the Anvil guys and they have the entire 'basic' not-sisters line ready for production. They look very good, a bit chunky and there's nothing remotely cheesecake about them.

Photos are of the actual production casts.
They almost look like a cross between the old Sisters of Battle and FW's Solar Auxilia which is one of my favorite ranges. However, I'm personally not sold on them, but knowing that official GW models are in the works probably isn't helping.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's partially responsible for raising $14,500 over the last few years for charitable causes, so I'm going to argue it's not all bad.
:popeye:

This is good and cool, keep doing whatever it is you're doing with that thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

Lord_Hambrose posted:

This is obviously the correct motivation.

I don't get people being down on the Armigers though. They look great and them filling the same role as a dreadnought isn't nearly as big a deal if you consider they are for an army that doesn't have them.

They are an awesome model and I am really enjoying building and painting mine, but they just felt underwhelming in a game especiaply in a pure knights list they were a natural easy target.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

You have Stafford ranked too low.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

I don't think I've ever seen anything make less sense to me in my life but that's super cool making all that money for charity.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TKIY posted:

You have Stafford ranked too low.

Always.

Artum posted:

I don't think I've ever seen anything make less sense to me in my life but that's super cool making all that money for charity.

Fantasy Football nerds love it.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

I'm liking it, but I think its unbalanced. I'm planning on adding a bunch of votive poo poo from the ultramarines upgrade pack since I'm running as konor but i think it needs something more to the silhouette over the right shoulder. Possibly also a big mechanicus icon around his neck like flava flav.

Thoughts?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's partially responsible for raising $14,500 over the last few years for charitable causes, so I'm going to argue it's not all bad.

That seems pretty good :eyepop: Gonna echo what the others have said, good work!

Artum posted:

I'm liking it, but I think its unbalanced. I'm planning on adding a bunch of votive poo poo from the ultramarines upgrade pack since I'm running as konor but i think it needs something more to the silhouette over the right shoulder. Possibly also a big mechanicus icon around his neck like flava flav.

Thoughts?

Bolded the most important part imo. You could probably steal a spare servo arm from a tech priest or a spare dominus kit to rebalance him.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Safety Factor posted:

They almost look like a cross between the old Sisters of Battle and FW's Solar Auxilia which is one of my favorite ranges. However, I'm personally not sold on them, but knowing that official GW models are in the works probably isn't helping.

I commented to the sculptor/co-owner that I thought they were a bit stumpy looking, especially compared to GW's recent offerings, and he mentioned he might consider stretching them a little. Due to the shape of the backpack and a non-corseted waist, they have a more rectangular look, whereas the Sisters really emphasize the hourglass figure with corsets and the backpack sticking up over both shoulders. They could probably stand to take more 'inspiration' from the sisters, but I get that Anvil's entire schtick is about modularity, so there are limits to what they will do.

I think the helmets probably look a little too big as the proportions on these are different to the regular sisters. I saw one with an unhelmeted head and it definitely looks a lot better.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Z the IVth posted:

I commented to the sculptor/co-owner that I thought they were a bit stumpy looking,

Careful there

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
SoB (Squats o' Battle)

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Artum posted:

Thoughts?

dang, nice work. is his body from the tech priest kit or something else?

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Booyah- posted:

dang, nice work. is his body from the tech priest kit or something else?

Turns out theres a very convenient crease in the priests robe where you saw him in half at a 45* angle and suddenly hes standing up.

Problem is you then need to remodel every OTHER bit of him extensively.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Artum posted:

Turns out theres a very convenient crease in the priests robe where you saw him in half at a 45* angle and suddenly hes standing up.

Problem is you then need to remodel every OTHER bit of him extensively.

That's awesome, I never would have guessed

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.

Artum posted:

Thoughts?

i'm the nipple tentacle

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Thanqol posted:

i'm the nipple tentacle

Thats actually the one coming out from behind him now since otherwise it'd pointing directly up, so I drilled a hole and stuck the pressure gauge thing there instead since it made sense to be attached to his core.

You'll notice that that his robes shaved down at the front too since before it looked like he had a cyber-dong, the placement was loving perfect.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Artum posted:

Thoughts?

A servo skull perched on his shoulder like a parrot.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

DancingShade posted:

With a smaller servo skull perched on the first one.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Raising money for charity is hecking good. Also I want to point out I used your beer sheet last year for my auction draft and won the whole thing. Even though I lost David Johnson.

Nice! How have the reavers been treating you?

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I don't get people being down on the Armigers though. They look great and them filling the same role as a dreadnought isn't nearly as big a deal if you consider they are for an army that doesn't have them.

The problem is that they fill the same role as a dreadnought while being 50% more expensive, only 20% tankier and not getting any good stratagems or special rules. They're not completely out of line but they need a small boost to be worthwhile.

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan
Their real power is that they're a knight and I can take a knight in my army because people do that with knights but if I threw in a marine dreadnought people would cry soup

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Z the IVth posted:

I think the helmets probably look a little too big as the proportions on these are different to the regular sisters. I saw one with an unhelmeted head and it definitely looks a lot better.

I pulled this from update #2 off the kickstarter. Might have been what you saw in person?
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1637892615/daughters-of-the-burning-rose/posts/2162369

I think you're right. Bare heads will be the way to go with those.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

Artum posted:

Thoughts?

A big necklace and a bunch of mecha-tentacles extending out from behind his right hand to balance the composition of the sculpt a little.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Are Space Marine lieutenant worth equipping at all, or is it best just to make them bog standard with a bolt gun since basically they're just reroll providers?

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Eifert Posting posted:

Are Space Marine lieutenant worth equipping at all, or is it best just to make them bog standard with a bolt gun since basically they're just reroll providers?

A power sword isn't bad to have if you have the points. Should the squad they're with get charged they can step in to help.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

xtothez posted:

A power sword isn't bad to have if you have the points. Should the squad they're with get charged they can step in to help.

Yeah, basically this. They're better than an intercessor sergeant and it's worth the points to give them powerswords.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

My Imperial Knight is almost done (needs some minor drybrushing, transfers, and sealant) and I’m considering doing a huge :effort:post comparing it to my Freeblade game Knight and picking out minutiae and a ton of comparison photos and poo poo, but if no one cares about that kind of stuff then I won’t bother writing it up and I’ll just post model photos.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Xenomrph posted:

My Imperial Knight is almost done (needs some minor drybrushing, transfers, and sealant) and I’m considering doing a huge :effort:post comparing it to my Freeblade game Knight and picking out minutiae and a ton of comparison photos and poo poo, but if no one cares about that kind of stuff then I won’t bother writing it up and I’ll just post model photos.

what the gently caress dude :justpost:

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Xenomrph posted:

I care.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Xenomrph posted:

You're just doing this to up the hype, aren't you?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I'm not here to read your lovely robot skull-lore.

just kidding, I totally am here for that, post it

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Nice! How have the reavers been treating you?

It's the first game I've used them so hard to judge. My opponent was sufficiently scared of them to target them over stuff I probably cared about more, so there's that. I ended up having a 2-man squad with blasters for 90% of the game and they did work - they zipped over to cap a Secure Objective, then flew to the other side of the board to cap another Secure and also beat up some Scouts and lock up Pask, then flew back again to re-cap the objective on my side and beat up the Scout remnants. They were very useful, even if I didn't get to use their stratagem or the real power of having them as a full unit.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

DancingShade posted:

I pulled this from update #2 off the kickstarter. Might have been what you saw in person?
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1637892615/daughters-of-the-burning-rose/posts/2162369

I think you're right. Bare heads will be the way to go with those.

Yes that's the one. I hope their heads end up as good as the Statuesque ones.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

The Deleter posted:

Bolded the most important part imo. You could probably steal a spare servo arm from a tech priest or a spare dominus kit to rebalance him.

DancingShade posted:

Felime posted:

A big necklace and a bunch of mecha-tentacles extending out from behind his right hand to balance the composition of the sculpt a little.

Borrowed the mechadendrite from another dominus kit and braced it against a servo skull.

Its nice being able to cannibalise other dominus kits since I know by the end I'll have too many of them.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Artum posted:

Borrowed the mechadendrite from another dominus kit and braced it against a servo skull.

Its nice being able to cannibalise other dominus kits since I know by the end I'll have too many of them.

:discourse:

Looks great!

eSportseXpert
Jun 24, 2005

Stupid fucking white man.
A dominus with shockingly good posture! Out of interest, have you tried the tall hat on him?

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

FiestaNinja posted:

A dominus with shockingly good posture! Out of interest, have you tried the tall hat on him?

I have not since I do rather like the mask on this one, I've seen a few other standing conversions that use the mitre though.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Artum posted:

I have not since I do rather like the mask on this one, I've seen a few other standing conversions that use the mitre though.

My god, how many tech priest dominuses (dominae?) do you own!?

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

Genghis Cohen posted:

You get one free with every admech kit it seems.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Genghis Cohen posted:

I don’t even have an assembled army yet and I own four. They include them with the Getting Started and Forgebane boxes and I foolishly bought one when they first came out because they’re an awesome model.

Now I need to buy Engineseers, which are way harder to come by at a discount. :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Genghis Cohen posted:

Thundercloud posted:

You get one free with every admech kit it seems.

The absolute minimum for me is gonna be 3 since I'm still to buy at least one more start collecting, possibly 2 for that sweet 3 neutron crab action.