Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Why don't you just save up a couple hundred million dollars and out-lobby Luxottica?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
Anyone else in the Twin Cities? This snow SUCKS. loving 18" in April.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

TheFonz posted:

Anyone else in the Twin Cities? This snow SUCKS. loving 18" in April.

Could be worse. I hear it's already Mad Max but ice instead of sand in Toronto.

They're saying by Sunday night everything will be covered in a solid inch of ice.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

TheFonz posted:

Anyone else in the Twink Cities? loving 18" in.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Powershift posted:

Could be worse. I hear it's already covered in a solid inch

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

quote:

1998 ford ranger with 3.0 automatic trans. Runs and drives. Bought for non deserving irresponsible teen. Must sell. $750

Just left the dude a message.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
How badly do you have to gently caress up to lose a 98 Ford Ranger?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Fermented Tinal posted:

I have a 17 year old. They seem to do it with relative ease.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
LoL, I just want the details, not the truck.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Fermented Tinal posted:

You must have been an angel, because I know exactly what I've done at 17 that would have gotten a 98 Ranger taken away for good

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
I didn't start driving on the regular until I was about 25. Up until then the worst thing I'd done was back my dad's 2011 Silverado into a parked car and a few months later they gave me the Mazda6 (and if you remember how much I hated that car, that may well have been my punishment).

As for my teen years, much of that is best left forgotten, though the internet remembers a lot of it. I was no angel, but I wasn't a horrible little poo poo either, more just someone in need of some sense beat into them.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Just found out the Speed Racer movie is on Netflix

:getin:

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

ExplodingSims posted:

Just found out the Speed Racer movie is on Netflix

:getin:

I was literally going to just post about that. They added it at the beginning of the month. I saw the PG rating and figured I’d let the almost four and almost six year old watch it with me. Took us two nights (yesterday and today) and they loved it. I haven’t watched it since it came out ~10 years ago. It holds up alright. Visually very ahead of its time and the sound mixing was good. I wanted to see it again to experience it on our 110” projection screen. It didn’t disappoint. A good campy fun movie with plenty of off the wall racing.

i also forgot how much of a total babe Christina ricci is. She fine.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Fermented Tinal posted:

As for my teen years, much of that is best left forgotten, though the internet remembers a lot of it. I was no angel, but I wasn't a horrible little poo poo either, more just someone in need of some sense beat into them.

The internet was not a thing in my teenage and formative years, therefore I did nothing wrong during that period of my life. :colbert:

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Why are we so drat cool and why are we flicking cigarettes at everyone?

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Oh wait... Because we are loving amazing. That's why.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I was literally going to just post about that. They added it at the beginning of the month. I saw the PG rating and figured I’d let the almost four and almost six year old watch it with me. Took us two nights (yesterday and today) and they loved it. I haven’t watched it since it came out ~10 years ago. It holds up alright. Visually very ahead of its time and the sound mixing was good. I wanted to see it again to experience it on our 110” projection screen. It didn’t disappoint. A good campy fun movie with plenty of off the wall racing.

i also forgot how much of a total babe Christina ricci is. She fine.
Yeah, I love it, it's so gloriously daft. But I'm generally a fan of enjoying stuff on that basis.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I love Speed Racer because it's so unashamed of what it is. A lot of films straddle this awkward line of serious and playful but Speed Racer knows what it is and just runs with it. The only time it's even vaguely realistic is the incredible part where Royalton explains stock market manipulation via fixing races. In a kid's movie. ...but then Speed Racer was born to race, it's his destiny, his loving name is SPEED RACER he can't lose. And yet the end of the movie gets my hyped every time.

It's superb.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Fermented Tinal posted:

So, by law here in Ontario, an Optician cannot issue glasses without a paper prescption. :cripes: lovely too, cause one of the brick and mortar stores offers not only same-day but right now they have a deal on for $400 for two pairs with lenses, coatings, etc. I priced out similar on Clearly, and just for the same day service I think I'm willing to pay the $50 or so difference.

Apparently Clearly Contacts has been battling (for over a year) a lawsuit brought against them over this, cause they don't take a signed rx. It happened out west in BC a few years ago and they won and had the legislation changed. It seems dumbfuck as hell that I couldn't just give them my rx (I have it saved on Clearly) and get a pair of loving glasses so I can see.
Not same day, but Costco man.

Mrs. Slidebite just got a new pair of glasses plus a pair of Ray-Bans with prescription lenses, all in for under $400. I think it was $380ish, all in.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
I don't have a Costco membership and the nearest one is a two hour drive each way.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:
I may have bought a 3rd gen firebird from internet sight unseen.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

slidebite posted:

Not same day, but Costco man.

Mrs. Slidebite just got a new pair of glasses plus a pair of Ray-Bans with prescription lenses, all in for under $400. I think it was $380ish, all in.

I just bought a litre of engine coolant for £3.25 from an online store
That includes courier delivery to my house

Beats me how they can make any profit on these type of sales.

E: for comparison, buying the same stuff in a cheap bricks n mortar shop would be £5

spog fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Apr 15, 2018

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Sormus posted:

I may have bought a 3rd gen firebird from internet sight unseen.

That's the only way to do it. Pics of car and your hair, please.

I hope it has t-tops. It'd better have t-tops.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
I haven't had a mullet since i was like 15. We agreed that I'd get it Tuesday so pics then.
It doesn't have T-tops, because I live in Finland where it rains ALL THE TIME... and those would've cost extra

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Sormus posted:

I haven't had a mullet since i was like 15. We agreed that I'd get it Tuesday so pics then.
It doesn't have T-tops, because I live in Finland where it rains ALL THE TIME... and those would've cost extra

Finland has 2-day mullets? Awesome!

Seriously looking forward to pictures, though. What motor? Carbureted 305? V6? I4? The terrible engine options are endless! (Hoping for a FI 350 with a manual)

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
Seller had whole 2 pictures of the car, both mostly showing paintwork and just awesome parking lot asphalt on it.

According to VIN it has L03, which I guess restricts it to TBI.
.. but in a car this old we can only guess if it has original engine in it

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Sitting in a hotel lobby and just watched Formula E race for the first time. Even the crashes were boring.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
I watched 1 Formula E race, it was fun watching how squirrely the cars were

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Sormus posted:

Seller had whole 2 pictures of the car, both mostly showing paintwork and just awesome parking lot asphalt on it.

According to VIN it has L03, which I guess restricts it to TBI.
.. but in a car this old we can only guess if it has original engine in it

TBI is fine, and the l03 305ci v8 is a dog, but you can directly swap whatever small block chevy in, and run a carb if you like.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

everdave posted:

Sitting in a hotel lobby and just watched Formula E race for the first time. Even the crashes were boring.

The only time it was fun was like the first race when a dude flipped upside down.

Otherwise it's like watching slit cars, but slower, less noisy and less fun.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot

Gingerbread House Music posted:

TBI is fine, and the l03 305ci v8 is a dog, but you can directly swap whatever small block chevy in, and run a carb if you like.

Nope, Finland. (Annual inspections, on lift, with emissions)

I mostly bought it for slow summer cruising. I may need to get myself an 80s nipple radio to get it period correct.

Sormus fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Apr 15, 2018

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I just bought another osprey backpack for $3.80

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Sormus posted:

Nope, Finland. (Annual inspections, on lift, with emissions)

I mostly bought it for slow summer cruising. I may need to get myself an 80s nipple radio to get it period correct.

Actual power can be made with TBI anyway. The limiter is gonna be the L03. If you could find an L05, it would be externally identical and have waaaay more power.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

everdave posted:

It's literally taking everything that you could possibly do to make motorsport a snoozefest and shove it into one shitshow.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

Some classless gently caress stole the ezpass transponder from my car last night.

I just found out because I went through a toll, the bells went off, and a state trooper nicked me. I'm now late as hell to work. Great.

Thankfully (as much as I can be thankful for toll roads, anyway) Texas toll roads managed by NTTA will use your license plate if there's no transponder. In fact, one of them accept actual money any more. They'll mail you a bill if you don't have a toll tag.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Dude I know got married yesterday and the roof of the venue split open and dumped a shitload of water on their ceremony.

He's kind of a lovely dude but I feel bad for his wife.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Seminal Flu posted:

Finland has 2-day mullets? Awesome!

Seriously looking forward to pictures, though. What motor? Carbureted 305? V6? I4? The terrible engine options are endless! (Hoping for a FI 350 with a manual)

Oh, dear God, I almost forgot they did those with the Iron Duke. First time I saw one I was aghast.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Rhyno posted:

Dude I know got married yesterday and the roof of the venue split open and dumped a shitload of water on their ceremony.

He's kind of a lovely dude but I feel bad for his wife.

I sort of hope that goes on youtube though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nm posted:

I sort of hope that goes on youtube though.

I asked where the pics of the carnage were and all his best man posted was a wet dance floor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
RIP R. Lee Ermry

• Locked thread