Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Omobono posted:

For the moment the only thing the OVA is missing is Makoto trailing Joker desperately trying to be stealthy.
:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gihyou
Feb 19, 2011

Oh God no the ball is gone.
The art is pretty bad but maybe that's because they put at least 25% of the budget into lovingly detailing the Corona (sorry, Carana) cans.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
This update is very relevant. I only just learned that there's a Persona 5 anime that just hit Episode 2 (Kamoshida's Palace).

Apparently, Maaku's canon name is Ren Amamiya.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Apr 14, 2018

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

if you watch that anime instead of reading this LP you're dead to me

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Can't I do both? :(

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

lol jk you can do whatever you want

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Also, I just recorded the Palace visit because I was bored and gently caress, I hate that place. I spend like an hour and a half in a single area comprised of nothing but hallways, it's real bad.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I'm playing through the Futaba Palace right now.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Arist posted:

Also, I just recorded the Palace visit because I was bored and gently caress, I hate that place. I spend like an hour and a half in a single area comprised of nothing but hallways, it's real bad.

If that is the area I think it is then gently caress that area.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Hunt11 posted:

If that is the area I think it is then gently caress that area.

Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot there were two areas in that Palace that were just hallways. I'm talking about the first one, but despite all I've heard I've never actually had any trouble with the second one, I got out of there in like twenty minutes.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!

Arist posted:

(I spent a few minutes looking for appropriate anime screenshots of cans of booze just labeled “BEER” but I couldn’t find any, rip)

Don't worry, :goku: has you covered.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Grizzwold posted:

Don't worry, :goku: has you covered.

Goddammit! I thought it was One Piece or JoJo, but it was DBZ that I remembered the whole loving time!

(thank you)

Arist fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Apr 15, 2018

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Arist posted:

Hey at least the music is :rock:

KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

A real avatar never dies, even when it's replaced!

Omobono posted:

For the moment the only thing the OVA is missing is Makoto trailing Joker desperately trying to be stealthy.

Maybe she is trailing Joker except she's actually stealthy

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

This update is very relevant. I only just learned that there's a Persona 5 anime that just hit Episode 2 (Kamoshida's Palace).

Apparently, Maaku's canon name is Ren Amamiya.

IMO, i think it's awful.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

KDavisJr posted:

Maybe she is trailing Joker except she's actually stealthy

This really is a terrible adaptation, then.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

KDavisJr posted:

IMO, i think it's awful.

I haven't seen any episodes yet, so I have no opinion. I liked the Persona 4 anime, though, aside from Yu just going "get rekt" on everything while usually everyone else stood around.

It wasn't as bad as Persona 4 Golden's anime, though (aside from the Adachi episodes which were great).

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I haven't seen any episodes yet, so I have no opinion. I liked the Persona 4 anime, though, aside from Yu just going "get rekt" on everything while usually everyone else stood around.

It wasn't as bad as Persona 4 Golden's anime, though (aside from the Adachi episodes which were great).

That's because the Golden anime couldn't just retell the story that was already there a couple seasons earlier in P4A, so it basically only focused on Marie and the added scenes in Golden, like the beach trip, the ski trip, and the concert at Junes. And that wasn't much to build a story around.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Well, there was also "Oh no, the girl I just met might possibly die. I better let my other friends who I've known twice as long die instead!"

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I had a rule to myself about not posting stuff from the anime or the dancing spin-off (yes that exists) because of nebulous floating spoilers, but I think it might be fine to post this at least now that we've gotten Haru and holy loving poo poo:

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

I know I've seen one of Yusuke's alt costumes being him just with a lobster perched on his head.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

gotta steal hearts

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I can't believe that Morgana was really a hedgehog this whole time.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Arist posted:

I had a rule to myself about not posting stuff from the anime or the dancing spin-off (yes that exists) because of nebulous floating spoilers, but I think it might be fine to post this at least now that we've gotten Haru and holy loving poo poo:

On one hand, Sonic Morgana. What happened to you Sonic, you used to be cool :sigh:

On the other hand, Majima Ann :love: (that's Ann right?)

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Robindaybird posted:

I know I've seen one of Yusuke's alt costumes being him just with a lobster perched on his head.

I have to see this. PM me a link?

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Sonic Morgana is extremely good.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
They improved on the last time Persona and Sonic had a crossover

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Omobono posted:

On the other hand, Majima Ann :love: (that's Ann right?)

Process of elimination says it is. Saejima Makoto, Kage Futaba, and Haruka Haru are :pusheen: too. Is this an actual thing?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's real.

Haru's is probably the best one of the bunch to me, I lose it every time I see it.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Shun Yusuke looks astoundingly like Matthew Mercer.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Arist posted:

It's real.

Haru's is probably the best one of the bunch to me, I lose it every time I see it.

Welp, there's another reason I need to pick up this game along with all the others on my PlayStation backlog once I actually get a new console...

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Arist posted:

I hope Sakura Kazuma and Iwai Kashiwagi are DLC.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.

Ah yes, the Ann Everywhere System.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Arist posted:

I'm not familiar with...

...Yakuza?

So I could use an explanation.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

What's to explain? It's Yakuza costumes.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Arist posted:

That's rad.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Yakuza and Sonic, the two great tastes that go great together???

(yes i know they're both sega properties shuttup)

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I was going to say "wouldn't Morgana's costume just be one of those UFO catcher dolls" but Sonic's probably landed in one of them and carefully extracted by the Dragon of Dojima.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Junpei posted:

I'm not familiar with...

...Yakuza?

Open world games playing as a Yakuza member. Ongoing LP of the "Kiwakami" remake of the first game here

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Junpei posted:

I'm not familiar with...

...Yakuza?

This is all the explanation you'd ever need partner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

On one hand, Haruka with Kiryu's animations is kinda uncanny valley.
On the other, this is awesome.