Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.
But when they do shoot it's like a bukkake film.

Arc Light posted:

The NYPD shoots fewer suspects than basically any other department in the US, usually by a huge margin.

https://news.vice.com/amp/en_us/article/j5vm7d/nypd-officers-shot-the-fewest-people-ever-this-year

I'm phoneposting so I don't have the patience to track down relevant analysis pieces, but there are a bunch of factors which led to this, not least of which are training, accountability, and local gun control measures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Arc Light posted:

The NYPD shoots fewer suspects than basically any other department in the US, usually by a huge margin.

Melthir posted:

But when they do shoot it's like a bukkake film.

28-pound triggers and qualification once every two years will do that.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=0eQJXrejkTM

Police arrest man fighting an excavator.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

New Don Quixote movie going in a weird direction.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
There’s a ~40 year old officer in the report writing room dropping 4chan memes.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Woof Blitzer posted:

IA is only a phone call away.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Woof Blitzer posted:

convince him to arrest someone while wearing a horse head mask or dinosaur costume

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
He was talking about soyboys and chads, I want to set this building on fire

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Can't wait for a cop to ask if someone is triggered much after getting tazed

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Smiling Jack posted:

hey Shep my pension still rules

ok back to playing X-Com on my phone

I've basically reduced my work routine to youtube, netflix Hulu (gently caress susan rice), and video gaming when I'm not responding to the one maybe two calls a day I get so whatever. this job loving sucks and anyone doing it that doesn't have to is a chump.

gotta jump on that xcom now thanks bro

Anyone see that portland police shooting where 15 cops all armed with rifles and tasers still couldn't do anything but straight up ventilate a guy hiding in a corner with a small knife lol gently caress

The Shep fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Apr 15, 2018

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

who is Susan rice and why did she make you stop watching Netflix? Did she cancel a show or something?

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Smiling Jack posted:

who is Susan rice and why did she make you stop watching Netflix? Did she cancel a show or something?

Former UN Ambassador, she just recently joined Netflix's board. Google tells me some people are not happy about it.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Turning off my computer monitor to own the libs.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

mlmp08 posted:

Turning off my computer monitor to own the libs.

yeah imagine the shitlib tantrums if Amazon hired Ann Coulter.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

The Shep posted:

Shep imagine how much more enjoyable your life would be if you didn't view absolutely everything in life through the distorted prism of an invented culture war

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!
But then how would he feel persecuted as a white male cop lol

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

The Shep posted:

Anyone see that portland police shooting where 15 cops all armed with rifles and tasers still couldn't do anything but straight up ventilate a guy hiding in a corner with a small knife lol gently caress

Cops are such huge loving pussies lmao

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I didn’t shoot a kid who threw a gun from his waistband while I was running after him, so I got put on desk duty for the remainder of the day.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Woof Blitzer posted:

I didn’t shoot a kid who threw a gun from his waistband while I was running after him, so I got put on desk duty for the remainder of the day.

lmao you’ll know better next time

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Woof Blitzer posted:

They're not angry at you, just disappointed.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
This is the dumbest thing that has ever happened to me, and I enlisted.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Woof Blitzer posted:

This is the dumbest thing that has ever happened to me, and I enlisted.

Wait were you serious

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Seems like shooting at someone who is running away from you who is now unarmed is a not smart move but I don't really agree with most police shooting efforts so

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

beanieson posted:

Wait were you serious

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
If he had one gun he might have two, best to shoot just to be safe.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I thought policy was to shoot your taser and your service pistol at the same time, to at least show you went through proper escalation of force.

But I'm not a cop i'm just your average white person

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

beanieson posted:

Wait were you serious

Yes, you thought I was joking?

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Smiling Jack posted:

Shep imagine how much more enjoyable your life would be if you didn't view absolutely everything in life through the distorted prism of an invented culture war

I mean he'd fit in better on The_Donald or the SCC comments section, probably would be happier their with his fellow MAGA bros.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Woof Blitzer posted:

Yes, you thought I was joking?

What the loving Christ is wrong with your dumbass department.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Smiling Jack posted:

What the loving Christ is wrong with your dumbass department.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
It’s my stupid platoon, they’re all sucking each other’s dicks and going out on weekends to get wasted and poo poo. I had this exact thing happen last year and nothing came of it. I’m asking for a transfer tomorrow because this is retarded. Another detail I forgot to mention is I got in front of some other guy who appeared out of nowhere and drew down on the suspect, so maybe he’s mad about that.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Well just lol if you thought leaving planned parenthood for law enforcement would make you less complicit with the murder of underprivileged youths.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

call the burn ward

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
(Distraction) who voted this thread up again

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

You did, and either Dance Officer voted twice or I just found his parachute

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
On the other hand, cops have to deal with sovereign citizens and Moorish Free Persons or whatever and watching them get owned is hilarious

https://youtu.be/VnSd-E3Hb3Y

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

The Shep posted:

lol at comparing Susan Rice to Ann Coulter (at least choose someone remotely comparable like Condoleezza), but also lol at really caring that much about who's on a companies board of directors. I was going to make a joke about Shep now actively campaigning against UNICEF since she's also on their board of directors but then I remembered that he's someone that probably does in fact wake up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night yelling "BENGHAZI!" and realized that condemning UNICEF is not out of the realm of possibility.

beanieson posted:

Well just lol if you thought leaving planned parenthood for law enforcement would make you less complicit with the murder of underprivileged youths.
:thurman:

Scruff McGruff fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Apr 16, 2018

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Courtesy of the UFC thread in PSP.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bhrud18HzWX/?hl=en&taken-by=thebeastufc

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

somebody couldn't count

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010

Re: combative guy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YyBtMxZgQs

Do this but with a taser.