Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

weird Asian candy posted:

Lamar Jackson is visiting the Saints. fml

Yes please

Silly Burrito posted:

Don't worry, we're apparently trading up for Baker Mayfield. :shrug:

Eh, I guess he could work too. Seems like QBs are real crap shoots in the draft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Lamar Jackson is visiting the Saints. fml

He's the only QB out of the top guys people talk about that will likely still be available for the Saints. I think he'd be a great choice assuming Brees still has a couple years in him, which seems likely. Mayfield would involve trading up and that would be a very costly move for this draft where a lot of other teams are hoping to move up to grab one of the top QBs.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

"Saints need to go all in and make a run for Brees' last year," i tell myself for like the seventh time.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

FizFashizzle posted:

"Saints need to go all in and make a run for Brees' last year," i tell myself for like the seventh time.

Well they won the division and went 3-0 against the Panthers so something they are doing is working.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Daryl Worley got arrested for being passed out in a car blocking a highway and attacking a cop. That's a hell of a thing that happened.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

zimbomonkey posted:

Daryl Worley got arrested for being passed out in a car blocking a highway and attacking a cop. That's a hell of a thing that happened.

*Consults the flow chart*

Marty Hurney Was Right :smug:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

CannonFodder posted:

Well they won the division and went 3-0 against the Panthers so something they are doing is working.

Let's not talk about the playoffs it still hurts.

For a minute there I was like "Oh yeah we beat the Panthers three times and then ... oh god that's right :("

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
https://twitter.com/josephperson/status/985536507443318784

Marty playing 4-D Chess.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

PostNouveau posted:

Let's not talk about the playoffs it still hurts.

For a minute there I was like "Oh yeah we beat the Panthers three times and then ... oh god that's right :("

Eh, watching the smackdown the Eagles gave to the Vikings the next week soothed that pretty quickly.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Yea, I think the Eagles would have handled the Saints pretty comfortably.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Eagles were a buzz saw at that point.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Ahhh if only Steve Sarkisian didn't turn into a pumpkin on 1st and goal with a minute left in the 4th.

:smithicide:

I KNOW! SHOVEL PASS TO WARD!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
RIP

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/985892616876281856

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

It will never die.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Silly Burrito posted:

It will never die.

The only time it will die is if/when the Falcons win a Superbowl and we all know that ain't gonna happen any time soon so yeah

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

The only time it will die is if/when the Falcons win a Superbowl and we all know that ain't gonna happen any time soon so yeah

If they ever do go back, the number of "Do you remember that Super Bowl lead you had..." type questions are going to never end before they play the game.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

If they ever do go back, the number of "Do you remember that Super Bowl lead you had..." type questions are going to never end before they play the game.

Yup. And god forbid they jump out to a lead the announcers will beat it to death.

Whatever, they brought all this on themselves.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Yup. And god forbid they jump out to a lead the announcers will beat it to death.

Don't discount Touchdown Tom's role.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

Don't discount Touchdown Tom's role.

gently caress Touchdown Tom. Shoulda been renamed to Pick 6 Tom. Or Interception Tom.

Nope, still not bitter.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

lol, every

loving

collinsworth

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

loving garbage Saints doctors.

https://twitter.com/nick_underhill/status/986379991662448641

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chili...I'm dead...

https://twitter.com/rhopkins_/status/986808376117092353?s=19

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Holy poo poo

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit...

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

:thurman:

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/TampaBayTre/status/986991918105186306

gently caress. Dotson and now Beckwith hurt. Fractured ankle for Beckwith.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Boom!

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/987022210371072000?s=19

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Maybe we can actually start the season with a win for the first time in like 5 years.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Falcons @ Saints on Thanksgiving

On one hand, gently caress yeah! On the other hand, OF COURSE we gotta play the Saints in NOLA on Thanksgiving smdh

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Maybe we can actually start the season with a win for the first time in like 5 years.

Probably. Brees gonna shred our secondary per usual. Be nice if the new DL could slow him a little.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

On one hand, gently caress yeah! On the other hand, OF COURSE we gotta play the Saints in NOLA on Thanksgiving smdh

oh sweet, maybe I can get out of going to one of the thanksgivings I always get roped into

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Eh, its not like you guys don't beat us at home all that rarely.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

That Works posted:

Eh, its not like you guys don't beat us at home all that rarely.

I just want a decently officiated game. Both of ours last year were awful.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

I just want a decently officiated game. Both of ours last year were awful.

I'd agree with that. poo poo was just bananas all the way around.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

It is tradition to roast, carve up, and filet a bird on Thanksgiving.

Gobble gobble, misterfalcons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn-P3lnr76s

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

That Works posted:

I'd agree with that. poo poo was just bananas all the way around.

They were. Great games as always but horribly one sided for flags.

On another note, Falcons open up @ Philly. Welcome to the 2018 Season, have the defending champions! :getin:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I admittedly haven't seen the Falcons new stadium, but....

What the hell is that thing?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

It's a Falcon with a football in it's talons dummy

Unrelated, Atlanta gets a week 8 BYE...yay!

Also 2 division games in the first 3 weeks vs CAR and NO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Saints 2018 schedule.

• Locked thread