Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shit is weak
May 17, 2008

Slaw doggin' it

mcmagic posted:

They aren't going to do anything. The judge looked at the kid's decklist. It must have had 3 mountains....

This is definitely worth bitching about. I've already started bitching on your behalf and I don't know anyone involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Unban Dread Return :colbert:

Also I missed the coverage what's this about some cheating?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Gridlocked posted:

This?

mcmagic posted:

So I'm 5-2 at Hartford today playing for day 2. My opponent is at 4. I play a human to trigger my champion to 4/4. He cracks his fetch and starts looking through his deck shocked that he doesn't have any Mountains left to get and not have to shock himself. So he calls a judge and says he had 3 mountains on his decklist but only 2 in his actual deck, the third mountain was a Stomping Grounds instead. After like 15 mins the, the judges let him walk over to the draft tables, grab a mountain and put in his deck instead of the Stomping Grounds and lets him fetch it to bolt my Champion. He was dead on board at 1, he won the game cause he only had to go to 3. WTF.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Still bitch as hard as possible.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Gridlocked posted:

How broken would this actually be?

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

This.

Also Bulky the life counter you are using is worth more than $50 iirc. A lot of old magic memorabilia like the reaper life counters are worth silly amounts of money compared to what they cost back in the day. The original tan parchment looking playmats are worth north of $300 usually

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Gridlocked posted:

Unban Dread Return

Who is the guy at Wizards who keeps saying "I know we don't print free spells, but TRUST ME ON THIS ONE"

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Gridlocked posted:

Goons have a pet theory that the worst poster in the thread got knocked out of Day 2 because:
  • His opponent deliberately registered a decklist that didn't match his actual deck.
  • His opponent then deliberately played 7 rounds of magic assuming he'd never get deck checked and be caught.
  • His opponent got into the exact situation on his win-and-in for Day 2 that necessitated the correct card from his registered decklist.
  • His opponent then judge called himself, assuming that he'd shark the judges and only get a warning.
  • The judges then applied the exact punishment listed in the APG, a warning and a card replacement.
  • This was all a clever ruse and the opponent was left twirling his mustache as our hero shitposting goon went home to cry on the internet.

Or, alternatively, mcmagic is a big whiny baby who doesn't understand how tournament magic works and tried to work everyone up with his sob story because he got beat.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Cactrot posted:

My first thought is dredge getting free Iona & Elesh Norn, but there's probably worse things

shit is weak
May 17, 2008

Slaw doggin' it

Gridlocked posted:

Some magic pros/judges conspired to rob our boy mcmagic of the gp top 8.

This is the real MagicGate.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Toshimo posted:

Goons have a pet theory that the worst poster in the thread got knocked out of Day 2 because:
  • His opponent deliberately registered a decklist that didn't match his actual deck.
  • His opponent then deliberately played 7 rounds of magic assuming he'd never get deck checked and be caught.
  • His opponent got into the exact situation on his win-and-in for Day 2 that necessitated the correct card from his registered decklist.
  • His opponent then judge called himself, assuming that he'd shark the judges and only get a warning.
  • The judges then applied the exact punishment listed in the APG, a warning and a card replacement.
  • This was all a clever ruse and the opponent was left twirling his mustache as our hero shitposting goon went home to cry on the internet.

Or, alternatively, mcmagic is a big whiny baby who doesn't understand how tournament magic works and tried to work everyone up with his sob story because he got beat.

Just when I was feeling bad for calling you a jackass you prove me right again. I literally never said ANY of that poo poo. I said numerous times that i don't even know if it was intentional.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

Toshimo posted:

Listen man, I don't agree with McMagic's opinions most times, but you seem super invested in reveling in his misfortune. In addition to your list, the opponent proceeded to register the exact decklist the second day to continue intentionally deceive and lie.

So, like put him on ignore or something, but the situation itself is a lovely one, regardless of the poster.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Toshimo posted:

Goons have a pet theory that the worst poster in the thread got knocked out of Day 2

I'm sorry you were dropped on day 2 to a cheater. :(

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Intentional or not it doesn't seem crazy to me to hold the opinion that the person who hosed up putting their deck together should bear some responsibility for doing so.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
One-sided slap fights are kind of embarrassing tbh

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
Toshimo you are dumb as heck my man.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I just tried to change my basic land art in Arena but only see one for each type, do I need to unlock them somewhere? I saw a video where they had loads.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Imo someone misevaluating Baby Jace or whatever is like a billion times more tolerable than the handful posters who seem to only post in this thread to bitch about the game/the players, and flame people.

fadam fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Apr 16, 2018

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

poo poo is weak posted:

Some magic pros/judges conspired to rob our boy mcmagic of the gp top 8.

This is the real MagicGate.

The chances that I would've gone 7-0 on Day 2 were not exceptional heh.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
As fun as it is to tease him, mcmagic has never been the worst poster here, just the one most willing to double down on his heterodox card evaluations.

Sickening is the worst poster in the thread

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

BizarroAzrael posted:

I just tried to change my basic land art in Arena but only see one for each type, do I need to unlock them somewhere? I saw a video where they had loads.

It's kind of hard to do for some reason. You have to click Lands, then type the land name into the search box, then click Reset. That's the ONLY way I've been able to get the full-art and alternate Basics to even show up.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

mcmagic posted:

Just when I was feeling bad for calling you a jackass you prove me right again.

Can y'all just gently caress already to break the overwhelming sexual tension?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Cactrot posted:

Dedicate 8+ sideboard slots to Dredge hate or die, like in Vintage.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

whydirt posted:

As fun as it is to tease him, mcmagic has never been the worst poster here, just the one most willing to double down on his heterodox card evaluations.

Sickening is the worst poster in the thread

agreed, and I'd say that mcmagic is a good poster these days

definitely better than me

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

little munchkin posted:

Toshimo you are dumb as heck my man.

No, they have been a bitter cuss since about a year after moving to Japan.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Cactrot posted:

Who knows. Who cares. They unbanned loving Jace. Give me my boy Dredge back.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Gridlocked posted:

Who knows. Who cares. They unbanned loving Jace. Give me my boy Dredge back.

I was very skeptical about the Jace unban but it's been totally fine. Dredge probably wouldn't be, even if Cabal Therapy/Ichorid/etc would be real losses

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

precision posted:

It's kind of hard to do for some reason. You have to click Lands, then type the land name into the search box, then click Reset. That's the ONLY way I've been able to get the full-art and alternate Basics to even show up.

Yeah, that's exactly what I've done and I only see one art (and the typed duals)

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

PleasantDirge posted:

No, they have been a bitter cuss since about a year after moving to Japan.

lol

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
The only thing about McMagic's magic posting that is bad are his ellipses.

I'm definitely a better poster only because I did demon research post series on page 666, that's the only reason.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

BizarroAzrael posted:

Yeah, that's exactly what I've done and I only see one art (and the typed duals)

Weird. I know it's insanely fiddly, like to the point where I think that for some reason WOTC actively don't want people using alternate land arts. I'll fire it up later and see if I can give a more detailed explanation because I know it took me about 30 minutes to get it to work.

edit: Did you try clicking various combinations of "Owned" and "Unowned" both before and after clicking Reset? I think that might be required.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

mcmagic posted:

Just when I was feeling bad for calling you a jackass you prove me right again. I literally never said ANY of that poo poo. I said numerous times that i don't even know if it was intentional.

He got exiled from badgame.net for being dumb, he's safe to put on the pay no mind list

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Is mox amber gonna be 4 of in every deck? Or just most decks? And is Karn really worth the $30 that it's valued at currently?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

vandalism posted:

Is mox amber gonna be 4 of in every deck? Or just most decks? And is Karn really worth the $30 that it's valued at currently?

no

probably gonna go higher, actually

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

vandalism posted:

Mox is meh af. Probably not a 4 of in anything.

Karn’s difficultly to remove and ability to slot into any deck mean that $30 is potentially a fair price for him.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

vandalism posted:

No.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
As far as I can tell, Mox Amber’s price is pure speculation and hype because it’s another Mox as it doesn’t seem super strong in any current shell.

I think the price is more likely to drop than anything.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

vandalism posted:

If it's played, it's as a 4 of but it probably won't be played widely other than it decks that are built specifically for it. I have no idea how to judge Karn but IF it's as good as people like Sullivan says it is, it's going to be 50+ bucks.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Mox Amber seems like it would only be very good if it said "permanent" instead of "creature or Planeswalker"

And then it would be too good because it could tap for 1 no matter what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Mox Amber will be amazing if there is a shell capable of exploiting it, but absent that its gonna be a dud. I would only ever buy into it if I knew there was an archetype that ran it and not one moment before.