Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Hahahaha he works one loving weekend (and still golfs on Sunday) so it’s time for a vacation!

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/985679197086666752?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Jealous Cow posted:

I’m trying to not get too excited...

“In a 5 to 4 decision...”

This is actually something I could see Roberts giving in on as a fig leaf to distract from his fascist agenda to destroy voting rights and union rights.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Jealous Cow posted:

I’m trying to not get too excited...

“In a 5 to 4 decision written by Justice Gorsuch, the court holds that transgender people aren’t human.”

the one thing kennedy is reliably on the good side of is on lgbt issues

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Hey Tricky Dick, I think you're about to lose your recorded standing in the next two years

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Oxyclean posted:

I think this might just be a state level thing? (At least according to a comment?)
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington.

So a fairly small jurisdiction now but would presumably go to the 9th court of appeals and they've been pretty LGBT-friendly... but I'm pretty sure adding Transgender as a protected class would be something the Supreme Court would take up.

(IANAL and don't actually know poo poo)

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Hahahaha he works one loving weekend (and still golfs on Sunday) so it’s time for a vacation!

Bet he's getting plastic surgery

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Oxyclean posted:

I think this might just be a state level thing? (At least according to a comment?)
Pretty sure this is the federal lawsuit over the Trump anti-Trans order

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

At some point it almost seems like he's getting secret dyalisis or something

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Crow Jane posted:

Bet he's getting plastic surgery

Please let it be the hand enbigglying one.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

He just forgot to pencil in: (jail)

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Dumbshit. It's like watching Fred get hosed over in the first flinstone's movie

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
News:
https://twitter.com/kadhimshubber/status/985685257553838082

Views:
https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/985686769994788864

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Crow Jane posted:

They're fantastically tacky:

The picture thing's nothing new. They did the same for the operators and fireman killed during the Chernobyl explosion (all of the operator pictures being vandalized except for the youngest, Toptunov), but the pictures were actual like ID photographs ingrained into the headstone and not some tacky artist rendering 3d bullshit

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

PhazonLink posted:

Please let it be the hand enbigglying one.

They're probably just draining his eye bags or something

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Awesome. I hope it bears standing when the next rear end in a top hat religious gently caress pulls some stupid poo poo against them

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Yeah, the very obvious intent here is to spend at least a week in court arguing about each and every one of the 10,000 items on the list in order to delay it into the next millennium.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Welp, I did yardwork over the weekend, so I'm gonna email my boss that I'm taking tomorrow off and send him that tweet

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It’s beyond parody.

Besides his brain going and him probably never being that smart or visionary in the first place, I think Trump's bigger issue as a president is that he's had decades up to this point where he's never had to do any real work, and also never having to cope with failure or the ball being dropped.

Essentially, he's lived his life where everything gets delegated to underlings. And, eventually, that just comes down to actual thinking, too. He's paid "someone else" to deal with issues for so long that his own abilities to make decisions or have a thought backed up by personal conviction have atrophied.

Consider his ventures into vodka, steaks, whatever; it's obvious now that those were flash-in-the-pan ideas. Trump was probably in love with the idea of his vodka bottles in fancy clubs and restaurants, or the idea of his steak brand being all "old money" class, complete with elegant photo ads.

The actual details of getting to those points, though? He probably left that to some delegate, and once it became clear that they weren't instant successes and would require more of his time and brain energy (even to just sign off on things or make decisions about them), he just let them go.

So in the bigger scope of things, this really isn't surprising. Trump's a puppet, because he ceased to be a person long ago. He let himself be trapped into a gilded cage of yes-men and never having to be too hands-on, never having to think about steps ahead, nothing like that. And now, when he can't just buy allies, sycophants, or friends, when he is being looked to for leadership all the time, when he has to deal with constraints and consequences...well, he just becomes pathetic because he's lost the capacity to be more than a figurehead.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I'm a comp sci major, so take what I say with an entire cellar of salt; most of what I know about legal procedure I got from old Law and Order reruns. But number three seems like it's an attempt to set a trap for the prosecution. If they don't send anything, then Trump's team can say "Ah, so this has nothing to do with me!" and bolster his case.

The stuff about privilege is also interesting. Hasn't it been established that trying to assert privilege over these materials won't work, or am I getting that wrong?

F_Shit_Fitzgerald fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Apr 16, 2018

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Is "taint team" a legal term?

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Wow, she is 34. Gross. (Whatever happened to at least not dating those younger than Ivanka?)

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

even though it's probably what he really wants to do, Trump's ego would never let him resign.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Kthulhu5000 posted:

Besides his brain going and him probably never being that smart or visionary in the first place, I think Trump's bigger issue as a president is that he's had decades up to this point where he's never had to do any real work, and also never having to cope with failure or the ball being dropped.

Essentially, he's lived his life where everything gets delegated to underlings. And, eventually, that just comes down to actual thinking, too. He's paid "someone else" to deal with issues for so long that his own abilities to make decisions or have a thought backed up by personal conviction have atrophied.

Consider his ventures into vodka, steaks, whatever; it's obvious now that those were flash-in-the-pan ideas. Trump was probably in love with the idea of his vodka bottles in fancy clubs and restaurants, or the idea of his steak brand being all "old money" class, complete with elegant photo ads.

The actual details of getting to those points, though? He probably left that to some delegate, and once it became clear that they weren't instant successes and would require more of his time and brain energy (even to just sign off on things or make decisions about them), he just let them go.

So in the bigger scope of things, this really isn't surprising. Trump's a puppet, because he ceased to be a person long ago. He let himself be trapped into a gilded cage of yes-men and never having to be too hands-on, never having to think about steps ahead, nothing like that. And now, when he can't just buy allies, sycophants, or friends, when he is being looked to for leadership all the time, when he has to deal with constraints and consequences...well, he just becomes pathetic because he's lost the capacity to be more than a figurehead.

Remember when he destroyed the USFL becuase he thought he could take on the NFL

And then in the ensuing lawsuit, they won $3 (three bucks)

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

hiddenriverninja posted:

even though it's probably what he really wants to do, Trump's ego would never let him resign.

Why would he want to resign? Fox and Friends is telling him he's doing a great job and Ras says he's at 60% approval.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Crow Jane posted:

Is "taint team" a legal term?

Yes.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

OddObserver posted:

Wow, she is 34. Gross. (Whatever happened to at least not dating those younger than Ivanka?)

Don Junior, not The Dotard.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

OddObserver posted:

don jr, not don

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

As we approach page 1000, I'm wondering how often you guys check this thread.... seems bad for mental health, but I can't stop looking.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

mcmagic posted:

Why would he want to resign? Fox and Friends is telling him he's doing a great job and Ras says he's at 60% approval.

If some sort of circumstances arose that meant he couldn't golf at Mar-a-lago every weekend I bet he'd resign within the month.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.
Is there going to be a stream for the Comey interview?

JasonV
Dec 8, 2003

The reason he got angry? He told them he didn't want to expel more Russians than other countries. So, they told him the EU was expelling 60 and asked if 60 was okay for the US as well and he said it was fine. The next day he finds out that neither Germany nor France had expelled as many as the US, and flipped out at his staff because they tricked him.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Page 1000, and this thread is only a few months old. We should start a new one.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Blind Rasputin posted:

Page 1000, and this thread is only a few months old. We should start a new one.

Nah, let the Trump reich thread continue for another thousand pages. Only reason we got rid of the last one was because it bugged the forums.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
https://twitter.com/GaryParrishCBS/status/985694030435581952

Big, Sexy, Big Sexy.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

JasonV posted:

The reason he got angry? He told them he didn't want to expel more Russians than other countries. So, they told him the EU was expelling 60 and asked if 60 was okay for the US as well and he said it was fine. The next day he finds out that neither Germany nor France had expelled as many as the US, and flipped out at his staff because they tricked him.

He's James Buchanan to Putin's Jefferson Davis.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Crow Jane posted:

They're fantastically tacky:

These guys got nothing on the Narcos in Mexico, who have gone full Pharaoh and made tombs that look like Miami condos or modernist office building lobbies complete with (bulletproof) pane glass windows and doors.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_LimCT-r8k

You can even rent them out for parties and spend the night in some of them, because they have full-furnished apartments and air-conditioning.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Has anyone ever pitched a perfect game and hit a home run?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Colon's a world treasure for dad bods everywhere.

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog
It is the best thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Smiling Jack posted:

Has anyone ever pitched a perfect game and hit a home run?

Matt Cain's done it but not in the same game.

• Locked thread