Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Solemn Sloth posted:

The Age has an article on Melbourne’s Bible Belt and the map makes a convincing argument that we should ban religion as it clearly causes poverty and disadvantage where it is present
Isn't that the same area that had a no result for the SSM postal survey?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Did you know Hitler liked cats?

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

CrazyTolradi posted:

Kevin Andrews whiteanting the LNP for some mystical agenda of his own?

Someone's gotta mind the phylactery, good help is hard to find these days what with the gay green agenda.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
I had literally never heard the term Cradle Catholic, I'm shouldn't be surprised that Catholics who have lived in that system their entire life from day dot differentiate themselves from filthy unholy converts to Catholicism but here we are.

Technically I'm a cradle Catholic, and gently caress Catholicism.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

hooman posted:

I had literally never heard the term Cradle Catholic, I'm shouldn't be surprised that Catholics who have lived in that system their entire life from day dot differentiate themselves from filthy unholy converts to Catholicism but here we are.

Technically I'm a cradle Catholic, and gently caress Catholicism.

We are lapsed Catholics bud. The finest of the Catholics.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
It's getting very protestant in here. :catholic:

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Anidav posted:

It's getting very protestant in here. :catholic:

Go back to your rat god.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

hooman posted:

Go back to your rat god.

the screaming one!!

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Guardian Au posted:

More than half of major employers would like to freeze employees’ wages or offer below-inflation pay rises that are a cut in real terms, according to a new survey by a leading industrial relations law firm.

The Herbert Smith Freehills bargaining survey found that 60% of employers want to grant workers only nominal wage increases or to freeze wages, and many more are looking to cut other conditions from workplace agreements.

The survey also found widespread dissatisfaction with the Fair Work Act and the enterprise bargaining process among its 60 key clients, which include large companies across the construction, infrastructure, mining, retail and healthcare sectors.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/apr/16/wages-survey-most-major-employers-want-to-freeze-pay-or-offer-cut-in-real-terms

Ahahahahahahahaha of course.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Freehills are fuckheads and their clients are fuckheads news at 11

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

lmao find me an employer that says 'why yes i WILL spend more on employing people'. they don't exist - they need to be forced

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

JBP posted:

Freehills are fuckheads and their clients are fuckheads news at 11

Can definitely confirm

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Lid posted:

Liberal MPs are fuming and embarrassed over a push from within their own branches for the promotion of gay conversion therapy and removal of discrimination protections for gay people, with one MP describing it as a "dark" throwback to the 19th century.

The Victorian Liberal Party's state council will debate a motion calling for the law to be changed to ensure doctors "can offer counselling out of same-sex attraction or gender transitioning", as Fairfax Media revealed at the weekend.

The proposal, from a Young Liberal branch linked to veteran federal MP Kevin Andrews, also says the state government should give parents and minors "full information about the psychological harms of social, medical and surgical gender transitioning".

loving Young Libs.

They make Tony loving Abbott look sane and progressive.

quote:

Several federal MPs from Victoria were also incensed about the proposals but were reluctant to comment due to upcoming preselections.

And this tells you everything you need to know about modern Australian politics, right here.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/8gdzkb/three-young-anti-abortion-protesters-open-up

The first person in this article knocked off a long serving liberal member in a preselection battle for a safe seat lolol.

haha i did a course with that Joshua guy in the article. i remember he said he had something like 10 brothers and sisters or something ridiculous like that, and his mother was pregnant again.

this was almost 10 years ago, i wonder how many siblings he has now

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

put both hands in posted:

haha i did a course with that Joshua guy in the article. i remember he said he had something like 10 brothers and sisters or something ridiculous like that, and his mother was pregnant again.

this was almost 10 years ago, i wonder how many siblings he has now

Enough to stack a branch.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

JBP posted:

Enough to stack a branch.

So that's why catholics have so many children.

quote:

Hey Joshua, tell me about your place.
Joshua: Most people here are Catholic but we just get a long, we don't talk about it mainly. We've got a garage that we turned into a bar and everyone contributes to the alcohol collection. Sometimes we set up a projector and play video games or watch Family Guy. Other times after a protest we go across the road to a bar and have a few drinks.

quote:

Hi Erin. You must be close with your siblings to all live together?
Yes, but we all have our own separate rooms. We usually get along so we don't really mind what each other does in terms of decorating the house. I've got a picture of Ponyo on the wall and the boys put their game posters on the wall. We also have the same circles of friends, so on weekends we hang out with each other, and with our friends. We're pretty tight and close.

Nerds, disgusting nerds the lot of them.

I would blow Dane Cook fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Apr 16, 2018

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Gorilla Salad posted:

loving Young Libs.

They make Tony loving Abbott look sane and progressive.

Only because Abbotts got more practice keeping mum in front of the nonbelievers and a friendly media who won't dig up what he says behind closed doors. To be clear, where do you think these private school nerds are getting these weird ideas from? It's from the Abbotts and the Andrewssese's and all those weird old man weirdos, not the family guy. (Lmao @ them watching the family guy)

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Joshuas new girlfriend doesn't believe in transubstantiation, holy cap lois!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Which anime is the most likely to make you pro-life?

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Evangelion, clearly.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Conception: Please Give Birth to My Child! (Conception: Ore no Kodomo o Undekure! コンセプション 俺の子供を産ん でくれ! )is a PSP Game developed and published by Spike, released only in Japan on April 26, 2012.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

CrazyTolradi posted:

Evangelion, clearly.

4.0 when?

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-16/uq-researchers-accused-of-promoting-dangerous-cult/9636836

quote:

The University of Queensland (UQ) and two international medical journals are investigating alleged ethical violations in research around Universal Medicine (UM), an organisation based in Lismore in New South Wales, which touts the healing power of "esoteric breast massage" and other unproven treatments.
Founded by Serge Benhayon — a former bankrupt tennis coach with no medical qualifications who claims to be the reincarnation of Leonardo Da Vinci — UM is a multi-million-dollar enterprise with 700 mostly women followers in 15 countries.
UM practitioners are also taught by Mr Benhayon to carry out esoteric ovary massage to "help women connect back to their body".
An ABC investigation can reveal three members of UQ's faculty of medicine have publicly advocated for the controversial group.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Multiculturalism minister Alan Tudge has offered his strongest indication yet that the Coalition plans to offer a number of refugee visas to South Africans.

Jibs Monteef
Dec 13, 2009

Anidav posted:

Multiculturalism minister Alan Tudge has offered his strongest indication yet that the Coalition plans to offer a number of refugee visas to South Africans.

Since when is he the multiculturalism minister? Last I saw he was in charge of harrassing poors via robodebt into suicide.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

General “Stop The Boats” due to be next chief of ADF.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-16/angus-campbell-to-be-australias-next-chief-of-defence/9662342

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Jibs Monteef posted:

Since when is he the multiculturalism minister? Last I saw he was in charge of harrassing poors via robodebt into suicide.

There was a reshuffle in December last year.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Minister for multiculturalism is a bludge job. How long does it take to say, "we don't want any"?

Tasmantor
Aug 13, 2007
Horrid abomination
Lol Minister for multiculturalism wasn't to bring in more whites. That'll really add to the mix, we sorely lack people who hate blacks.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Greens gunna legalize weed.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
The weed gives our children [accidentally urps up some sputum from alcohol withdrawal into my kids lunchbox, closes it thinking I packed it because I'm borderline having a seizure due to delirium tremens] mental issues and damages families

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The Peccadillo posted:

The weed gives our children [accidentally urps up some sputum from alcohol withdrawal into my kids lunchbox, closes it thinking I packed it because I'm borderline having a seizure due to delirium tremens] mental issues and damages families

Shut up druggo

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

I'm an alco

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

That's a drug tho

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I'm smokin' weed watching cartoons it's not a drug.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

JBP posted:

I'm smokin' weed watching cartoons it's not a drug.

You watch that Over the Garden Wall poo poo, brah? Gentle and tight and cool

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/murpharoo/status/985851710093475841

Some level of self-awareness, for a change.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

reminds me of the arthur chu thatcher tweet for whatever reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/theboltreport/status/985817219719311360

Lol @ Frydencuck. Truly pathetic.

• Locked thread