Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Ccs posted:

Those are some spiffy looking camels.

That's a series I always mean to get into since the art's so great and the characters seems interesting.

Everyone is cute and interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Ccs posted:

Those are some spiffy looking camels.

That's a series I always mean to get into since the art's so great and the characters seems interesting.

Please read it, it's extremely very good.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Shimanami Tasogare

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Otoyomegatari is definitely Kaoru Mori's best work both artistically and as a story. We had a chapter drop yesterday and it was exactly what the doctor called for.

Bro Dad posted:

Shimanami Tasogare

Wanna give some context here?

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

its about LGBT house restoration

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

New chapters of Hibiki are great.

The thing I love about this series is how brutal Hibiki is. Not in the violence she sometimes displays, but in her view of people's value based on what they write. Whether an author is worthy of being alive is based on the quality of their work, and when she meets someone whose work doesn't interest her, she doesn't pull any punches.
Her derision is her scariest quality.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Another great series to recommend: Shimanami Tasogare

It's about a high-school kid who realizes he's probably gay and feels like killing himself, but ends up finding a strange lounge in his city that is frequented by eccentric people, some of whom are also LGBT.

The visual storytelling is on point.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

love that last panel

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!
Dansan Joshi is astoundingly, unabashedly stupid

And I love it

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

Epoxy Bulletin posted:

Dansan Joshi is astoundingly, unabashedly stupid

And I love it

Mizu Asato's other series Aharen-san Is Unfathomable is also very funny while being pretty darn cute.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

RubberLuffy posted:

Mizu Asato's other series Aharen-san Is Unfathomable is also very funny while being pretty darn cute.

I've been reading this and it's extremely good. Gets a little bit too manzai as it goes but it's a good non creepy high school thing

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Eldercain posted:

I've been reading this and it's extremely good. Gets a little bit too manzai as it goes but it's a good non creepy high school thing

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Boyfriend of The Dead is a story about the horrors of the zombie apocalypse, such as angry women with golf clubs beating the poo poo out of your fellow zombies

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Yinlock posted:

Boyfriend of The Dead is a story about the horrors of the zombie apocalypse, such as angry women with golf clubs beating the poo poo out of your fellow zombies

One of my favorites, it gets drat funny after a few chapters and hits a ton of high notes.

It's worth mentioning, this is a korean Manwha and is available over on Line webtoons.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

khy posted:

One of my favorites, it gets drat funny after a few chapters and hits a ton of high notes.].

what sold it for me was the entire like 3-4 pages dedicated to how the doodle board is mankind's greatest achievement

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Mar 22, 2018

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Maiko-san Chi no Makanai-san

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I read a few chapters of that a while back, seems super chill and pretty drat unique for a slice of life series. Good art too. Seems there's been a whole lot more chapters uploaded since then, too.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Yuki to Sumi continues to be great

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
I'm angry the next chapter is the last.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

sniper4625 posted:

I'm angry the next chapter is the last.

Forever or until they translate more?

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

It got cancelled. The world wasn't ready for art Aqua.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Explosions posted:

It got cancelled. The world wasn't ready for art Aqua.

Whaaaaaaaaa what a joke

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Yeah the author has had bad luck with his series iirc, which is a shame because I've enjoyed what I've read.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

sniper4625 posted:

Yeah the author has had bad luck with his series iirc, which is a shame because I've enjoyed what I've read.

Art is good humor is good premise is good characters are good. But no we should get another 4koma or isekai or boring glacially paced high school rose tinted slog and LIKE IT

Alright I'm done now

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah I'm sad Yuki to Sumi got canned, it was so fun.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I think Yuki to Sumi got canceled due to the author's health issues but I don't remember where I heard that

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Rough Sketch was also canned around the same time, I think.

Saladore
Mar 15, 2009
Kusuriya no Hitorigoto

Shrewd apothecary girl does interesting stuff in an imperial harem. Fun art.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Haha, I like her. Though I'm thinking she's about to find herself in a situation she really doesn't like.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED
Probably a situation that she resolves in about 7 seconds as per usual. At least I hope so - long-term melodrama doesn't seem like it has a place in this work.

Saladore
Mar 15, 2009
Ginpaku no Paladin

Shonen manga about fencing. Vaguely reminds me of Kurogane.

Cool Eyeshield 21 art style.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Kyokou Suiri

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you know, i've read and liked all of the manga by shirodaira kyou but it never occurred to me that they were by the same person. i guess it's probably because i read them over such a long interval.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Thank you for reminding me of the insanely long wait for chapters to come out.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Literally just came across this today not sure if they're just friends or dating. It’ll be released in English in October (2018).

Satoko to Nada

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

khy posted:

One of my favorites, it gets drat funny after a few chapters and hits a ton of high notes.

It's worth mentioning, this is a korean Manwha and is available over on Line webtoons.

I'm really enjoying these parachute pants.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Dr. Stone

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Does anyone have recommendations for car-centric manga? Apart from Initial D. Can be racing, cars bumping into each other, whatever.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Car Graffiti JK is cute girls cutely driving cars.

Over Rev! is cool girls awesomely driving cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Watch the film redline