Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Even if the stitcher app was flawless it'd still be annoying just by virtue of having to use a different app than the podcast player I like.

It's good that there are unofficial RSS feeds to fix that problem but it's still annoying to manage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

RestingB1tchFace posted:

I must be the only one who doesn't hate the stitcher app. I really don't understand all of the complaints.

They've done better with recent updates, but it used to be it'd lose my subscription all the time, need to be resynced. It'd be random if it showed you the season drop down (used to only show the latest Teacher's Lounges until you refreshed the page 5 times), would not remember where you were in a podcast, start 10 mins earlier. The episode list used to be impossible to find. Just buggy as hell. And I'm a software developer, I'm usually pretty empathetic to bugs, but this was like UAT testing 101, don't know how it got out of develop with such glaring bugs. Only annoying thing now is the progress bar doesn't move when the app is in the background.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
My main complaint is that i have to save each episode individually to play offline rather than just pick a bunch to download at once

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I loved when HH mentioned that Hims was now a former sponsor. I cracked up so much. I wish there was a list of all the sponsors they've runoff over the years.

Sponsors just don't seem to "get" that having The Boys demolish your product is actually very, very good for your brand.

feedmyleg posted:

100% the best part about the new HH was the boys talking about the luggage ad.

I can't believe they got their money back. Away Luggage should have to pay double now that it is part of the show's lore.

Oh, and PFT blew up Earwolf's spot it in that Insta video, now I know which suite the offices are in.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I like the Switcher app's "resuming episode" lady. It has that going for it.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

RestingB1tchFace posted:

I must be the only one who doesn't hate the stitcher app. I really don't understand all of the complaints.

You’ve said a lot of hosed up poo poo in this thread but this takes the cake. Lucky for you, I shan’t take the bait, vile troll. Begone from this house of peace

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Tarranon posted:

You’ve said a lot of hosed up poo poo in this thread but this takes the cake. Lucky for you, I shan’t take the bait, vile troll. Begone from this house of peace

You must be using it wrong.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Teenage Fansub posted:

This videogames channel I watch got infested with Hims sponsorship a couple of days ago. I'd like to hear a podcast that tries to read their copy sincerely (doing so under photoshops of droopy cactuses doesn't count.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym3Yfr2zio4&t=551s
Also a huge fan of Funhaus and if you want to like them more I'd like you to know that I visited LA last month from Sweden pretty much just to see some quality UCB improv (lovely Jobs specifically, with Sean Clements of Hollywood Handbook) and guess who was in that audience. Power couple James Willems and Elyse, real chill people and I have it on good authority you can expect some Sherlock Holmes stuff soon

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I think it goes without saying that L Ron Hubbard is the best episode so far and it's not even goddamn close.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I need to listen again, as I woke at 4am with crazy allergies and listened to it until i fell back asleep. I think it gave me crazy dreams, and there’s a chance I’m now a believer.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

ArtVandelay posted:

I think it goes without saying that L Ron Hubbard is the best episode so far and it's not even goddamn close.

I'm only halfway through but to me it suffers from the same problem of a lot of these: no straightman. I know that the episode description implies there's more to come, but to me LRH worked so well on Dead Authors because HG was so completely baffled by everything he said.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Don't have an Android device, but despite Apple constantly trying to gently caress up iTunes/Music (iOS) I prefer it. With that unofficial Stitcher RSS site I've been able to just add everything into the Apple ecosystem and the syncing has worked perfectly. Stitcher syncing & whatnot between my phone and tablet and web sucks and I really don't like the interface.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008

feedmyleg posted:

I'm only halfway through but to me it suffers from the same problem of a lot of these: no straightman. I know that the episode description implies there's more to come, but to me LRH worked so well on Dead Authors because HG was so completely baffled by everything he said.

No straight man is the reason I skip the improv segment for Spontaneation. It’s really uninteresting when everyone is being a ridiculous character.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

I'm glad that An Oral History of the 1993 Tappen Jr. High School talent show was only three episodes. It wasn't very good at all.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
An interesting recommendation from youtube, maybe based on me watching that Office Hours with Chef Kevin video a couple of times. #NotMyChefKevin

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Who is the person at headgum they called a soyboy on the latest handbook?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
The best part of the most recent season of Teacher's Lounge is in the finale when Dan is pimped into doing the voice of Chris.

Biiiiilll, my boooooooooooy.

UNRULY_HOUSEGUEST
Jul 19, 2006

mea culpa

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Who is the person at headgum they called a soyboy on the latest handbook?

They mean the Doughboys, they landed at Headgum after Ex-Engineer Dustin's extremely public meltdown at Feral

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Excellent I4H this week. Nothing special, just a really solid episode. Felt a lot like the first year of the show's run to me, just really chill, solid scenes.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
What I4H episode was it where they ended up in Atlantis, I think it involved Huskey and Gabrus?

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

GobiasIndustries posted:

What I4H episode was it where they ended up in Atlantis, I think it involved Huskey and Gabrus?

Not exactly sure, but it is on one of the best of episodes. I think volume 6 or 7.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

GobiasIndustries posted:

420 1

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

GobiasIndustries posted:

Their Name is Korn #126

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Blasooch posted her Mr Hastings songs on twitter. Words can't really describe the greatness.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
It was at the end of the spont ep too

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

ArtVandelay posted:

Blasooch posted her Mr Hastings songs on twitter. Words can't really describe the greatness.

It sounded exactly like what I thought based on her singing it in the episode: a college student ripping off Kimya Dawson.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Is Cody freelancing for Howl now or what

:thumbsup:

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
For once the Stitcher app is...... better than at least one other app?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Cody must be freelancing this morning.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I listened to half of Ep 2 which was labeled Chalk Talk but was Jack Bauer

Then when I resumed it, it finished off as the actual Chalk Talk

Then I started Jack Bauer which was listed as Ep 3 and it was Chalk Talk.

loving Stitcher

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Its so cold. Its so loving cold.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm phone posting but there's a good video people should watch of Adam Pally having an existential crisis at the "shorty awards"

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR7WdXCbulU

1:34:00 - 1:44:30

I really enjoyed watching this, for some reason I don't think the timestamp is working

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Seaniqua posted:

I really enjoyed watching this, for some reason I don't think the timestamp is working

God drat, that's hilarious.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Engineer Sam played the Pro Version theme today, which was bad...but then he got the noises for the Palindrome machine to play, which was very good. I'm torn.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation

Seaniqua posted:

lmfAo

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The only thing I know about the Shorty awards is they managed to give best memes or something to a guy called gently caress Jerry who steals literally everything he posts. Good job guys!

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
I struggled as an actor for a REALLY long time...

We're going to do an in memorium for like... myspace?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Trigger warning on this week's James Bonding.