Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will die first?
This poll is closed.
ROH 20 22.47%
America 69 77.53%
Total: 89 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Chris James 2 posted:

Yep, closest they came to leaving was right before one of them said he'd shoot someone if they told his kid it was okay to be gay, and that made WWE distance themselves real quick

Well that’s a very mean thing to believe and I don’t like him then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
WWE was interested in them after that but they don't want to move to Florida because they have families and NXT would be a pay cut. They'd also have to give up farming.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

WWE was interested in them after that but they don't want to move to Florida because they have families and NXT would be a pay cut. They'd also have to give up farming.

Plus they probably have a few too many concussions between them for WWE to consider them now, especially Mark.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Anyone making a Supercard thread?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

schweens posted:

Nah we're stuck here.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

schweens posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3853791

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Germansimp posted:

Plus they probably have a few too many concussions between them for WWE to consider them now, especially Mark.

As if WWE actually cares about poo poo like that.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Germansimp posted:

Also the homophobic statements.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Also the homophobic statements.

Again, WWE considered them after that.

Man WWE sure wouldn't hire any homophobes (hire AJ Styles, honor Ultimate Warrior twice per year.)

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Apr 9, 2018

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Yeah, the Briscoes thing really did come down to if they signed, they'd be unable to run their farm because of the schedule. And presumably their farm pulls in more money for them than a downside guarantee would from WWE, so why would they want to stop doing that?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ChuckCarrollWLC/status/984526053497561088

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

...then why the gently caress didn't she win the women's title?

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

...then why the gently caress didn't she win the women's title?

because she hasn't signed the deal yet

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

If they're serious about retaining her, they could do some title chasing on TV which could be fun. Or an utterly dry affair like the rest of their TV.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Ah yes the good ol ROH title chase, can't wait to see Emma win the WOH title when the feud ends in 2026

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Some poo poo has gone down backstage

https://twitter.com/FrankieKazarian/status/985244010821414912?s=19
https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/985243350801543169?s=19
https://twitter.com/NickJacksonYB/status/985247064639639552?s=19
https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/985246492712685568?s=19

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Bet it was that drat Rhett Titus!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Kaz tweeted and deleted his tweet, what was up

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Cody also deleted his first tweet

https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/985254008251174913

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

Kaz tweeted and deleted his tweet, what was up

he just said at this level you have to be more professional than fighting in the locker room or something

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Maybe that Daniels/Castle thing heated up in the locker room

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Looks like Flip was involved somehow but in a way that endeared him to people

https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/985266173813116928?s=19

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Baron Corbyn posted:

Looks like Flip was involved somehow but in a way that endeared him to people

https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/985266173813116928?s=19

Tweet's been deleted as well. Did Flip finally admit that FlatEarth is bullshit?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I would say this is a work but everyone is deleting the tweets so now I'm only 75% that it is a work.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
matt taven tweeted some poo poo about he doesn't care if he gets fired he stands up for himself because he's a man. might be some work shoot poo poo with him and daniels for the trios titles

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Germansimp posted:

Tweet's been deleted as well. Did Flip finally admit that FlatEarth is bullshit?

Cody tweeted that he was considering booking Flip for all in after what happened.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I would say this is a work but everyone is deleting the tweets so now I'm only 75% that it is a work.

The way people are tweeting about it, deleting it and then tweeting about it again makes me lean more towards work more than them just leaving their dirty laundry to air.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Taven has a first blood match against Cody in Columbus tonight.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

sportsgenius86 posted:

Taven has a first blood match against Cody in Columbus tonight.

Taven won the match because Cody's knuckles started bleeding from punching Taven in the head. ROH is good.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Mercury Crusader posted:

Taven won the match because Cody's knuckles started bleeding from punching Taven in the head. ROH is good.

lol

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Mercury Crusader posted:

Seriously? That's loving amazing, haha

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Mercury Crusader posted:

Oh good, a Dusty finish, just what this feud needed to keep it going longer and longer :doh: .

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

A clever spin on DQed For Kicking Too Much rear end

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Otoh a great way to turn Cody face and link him with the lineage of Dusty… fans from every walk of life see him and immediately / intuitively relate to his American Dream of beating Matt Taven until his hands bleed

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mercury Crusader posted:

Watch out HHH, looks like there's a new The Asskicker

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Matt Taven winning by getting punched so hard his opponent’s hands bleed is an all time finish

Matt Taven should get punched so hard his opponent’s hands bleed in every match

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Germansimp posted:

Oh good, a Dusty finish, just what this feud needed to keep it going longer and longer :doh: .

That's not a Dusty Finish.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
First Volador Jr. and now Cody. Lotta Melvins running around.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Germansimp posted:

Jubs posted:

That's not a Dusty Finish.

Yeah, a Dusty Finish would be Taven losing because he has blood on him, only for the decision to be reversed on the next TV because the ref saw Cody's knuckles being bandaged.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
yeah, that's not even a gently caress finish, it was a first blood match and Cody bled first. it's just a rare clean win that doesn't actually make the winner look remotely decent at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
If Cody was actually a face I think it would be a great, clever finish. Everyone knows Cody actually won, but the heel can still brag about being the winner in the record books until Cody beats his rear end again.

Except, Cody is the heel in the main RoH/NJPW main event program they have going.

I know they're trying to book around the weird meta where the Bullet Club are only heels when they're fighting each other and otherwise they're the biggest faces even if they pull their dicks out and piss on the crowd, but it's still a little weird

• Locked thread