Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Did that FAQ ever come out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

GW free the FAQ

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I don’t know why they decided to only steam on Facebook. Facebook live has such bad connection issues. They should have did both Facebook and twitch.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

Corrode posted:

I think the Apothecary has value in the list I described, because plasmaceptors are expensive and part of the value is having the very resilient block sitting right in your opponent's face. If you were going to have a Hellblaster-focused gunline though then yeah just take 2 more Hellblasters instead.

TheBigAristotle posted:

I've yet to field the apothecary I got free from a friend, but the only place I've considered using him is near my aggressors. Not worth it?

Won my escalation match for the third week running, had a big blob of snipers, devastators and intercessors and a captain and lieutenant nearby, aggressors off to the right on an objective and within 6 of the captain, and it was a lovely day. Helped that I killed the opposing predator with an autocannon on turn 1. And that it blew up after a command point re-roll of blowing up.

I'm excited to throw my Primaris ancient into that firing line on the next round, 1500 points. Maybe break out the hellblasters, or another 5 intercessors.

I might of spoken to hastily. I'm not super sold on them, primarily because their chances of bringing a guy back is only 50/50 meaning 2-3 times per game in the best of situations. They are super ideal for Centurions, because Centurions cost a shitload. Unfortunately, Centurions are to expensive and you shouldn't take them.

Corrode is pretty spot on that the next best thing would be Plasma Inceptors, or even a character, so maybe give one a shot.

chutche2 posted:

What would you suggest dropping to get an ancient?

At 2k I have pedro, primaris lt, jump chaplain with fist of vengeance, 2x5 hellblasters and intercessors, 5 sniper scouts, 3 inceptors, 3 aggressors, 6 devs with 3 lc and hb, 5 vanguard (lightly equipped, one hammer and a few shields but mostly chainswords), redemptor, ironclad, and a lascannon razorback.

I'm leaning towards dropping the razorback since with so few armor assets it can get focused on but I'm worried about my AT. Without it though I can fit an ancient and probably an apothecary.

I could maybe replace it with a lascannon tarantula as well and see how that works

The Redemptor is cool, but either drop it, or pretend it is a Contemptor. Razorbacks are definitely not worth their squeeze anymore. I would assume another group of Aggressors and an Ancient would be more in line with Crimson Fists tactics.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
GK upgrades already.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Zuul the Cat posted:

I don’t know why they decided to only steam on Facebook. Facebook live has such bad connection issues. They should have did both Facebook and twitch.

It's sort of a pain for those of us without a Facebook account as well.

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008
Batallions gone from 3 - 5 command points and Brigades are up to 12!

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Groetgaffel posted:

The Lion is confirmed to be alive and well, sleeping deep in the Rock, so it's only a matter of time for him.

Russ, the Khan, and probably Vulkan are loving around in the warp and/or the webway and could return whenever the plot requires.

Dorn was never confirmed dead, only his hand (or hands, I forget which) was found. So he may well drop by at some point. Hopefully with giant power fists.

One of the Primarchs is in Trazyn’s Believe It Or Not which is awesome.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
Just post the drat faq gw, I'm at work and can't watch your dumb stream

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

TWSS posted:

Batallions gone from 3 - 5 command points and Brigades are up to 12!

Holy poo poo my double battalion list I'm working toward is going to have me swimming in CP.

Also, just point the freaking FAQ already. I've got a dumb conference call so I can't try to watch any sort of video

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Going off the summary it doesn't sound like they did much to tone down flyrants except a "slight" points increase.

edit: oh never mind they are "suggesting" a limit of 3 per non-troop datasheet in an army.

EAThief
Aug 28, 2006

I swear it's not what you think

Sounds like everything that isn't troops or transports are changing to 0-3 in matched

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm confused about the save after the save part - did they nerf FNP rolls?

Also, soft rule of maximum 3 x any one unit that's not Troops or Transports.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Booley posted:

Just post the drat faq gw, I'm at work and can't watch your dumb stream

This

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

edit: oh never mind they are "suggesting" a limit of 3 per non-troop datasheet in an army.

Well that's loving stupid.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
"Recommended" max of 3 of the same datasheet excluding troops or transports.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

EAThief posted:

Sounds like everything that isn't troops or transports are changing to 0-3 in matched

Well that kills things like the killshot strategem

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Beta rules to kill soup armies, too. Can't use Chaos, Imperium, Tyranid or Aeldari as a battleforged keyword, with "some" exceptions

This would kill my Ad Mech/Space Marine army idea so cool I guess

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer
The goddamn site just crashed from all the nerds F5ing (myself included) :laffo:

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Beta rules to kill soup armies, too. Can't use Chaos, Imperium, Tyranid or Aeldari as a battleforged keyword, with "some" exceptions

This would kill my Ad Mech/Space Marine army so cool I guess

I think they mean inside the same detachment. Obviously it's not written down in front of me but I didn't' even then that was a problem.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Booley posted:

Well that kills things like the killshot strategem

You can still take 3 predators.

Soup is for army wide, not detachment. They're just saying you can't mix AdMech and Space Marines in a single detachment using the Imperium keyword.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

I am very ok with trading fluff for balance. Narrative play exists for those games. I'm guessing the some exceptions are to allow knights, or maybe to pair gsc with either guard or nids but not both

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Zuul the Cat posted:

Soup is for army wide, not detachment. They're just saying you can't mix AdMech and Space Marines in a single detachment using the Imperium keyword.

Well, that's a lot better. It would be cool if I could read this instead of listening to these guys and getting confused.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Zuul the Cat posted:

Sure, but it makes killshot much harder to use because if you don't get first turn one of those predators is probably dead. I'm ok with this, but it is slightly annoying

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Zuul the Cat posted:

DEMOS KILLSHOT NOW.

E: Also, Primaris Bikers when?

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Apr 16, 2018

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
loving LOL at infiltrators only being able to deploy in your own deployment zone on the first turn. Welp, Clandestine Infiltration was fun the one game I got to use it in.

Edit - Although I wonder at the wording of this. They infiltrate before the game begins, so I guess this wouldn't pertain to them?

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Zuul the Cat posted:

So stuff like assassins you have to use and auxiliary detachment and devote one of your 3 detachments and take -1 cp?

Guess that's one way to kill Eversor spam.

Edit: just post the drat pdf, GW. I'm at work and can't watch a stream.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Floppychop posted:

So stuff like assassins you have to use and auxiliary detachment and devote one of your 3 detachments and take -1 cp?

No, there's a list of exceptions that it doesn't apply to. Assassins is one of them.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Floppychop posted:

Edit: just post the drat pdf, GW. I'm at work and can't watch a stream.

AFAIK this only stops you from doing stuff like taking Primaris Psykers as your HQ in an admech list, which I didn't even know you could do...

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Their website is hosed lol, it is definitely not built to handle something like this.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Video is over. I missed the first half cause facebook is terrible.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

NovemberMike posted:

AFAIK this only stops you from doing stuff like taking Primaris Psykers as your HQ in an admech list, which I didn't even know you could do...

Yeah, that's why I was confused. I thought detachments already had to be all one army, I didn't know you could literally mix and match units inside a batallion or whatever.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Yeah, that's why I was confused. I thought detachments already had to be all one army, I didn't know you could literally mix and match units inside a batallion or whatever.

It isn't commonly done since you lose access to things like Chapter Tactics with a mixed detachment.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I guess my dream of [Codex AdMech HQ] Engiseers as Guard HQs without losing doctrine has died. :(

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Death to soup. I'm glad of it.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

You can identify the bad people to play against because they are crying now.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer
The keyword change is presumably matched play only, right?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Just don't play with FAQs lol, they're not official or enforceable anyway. If it's not printed in the rulebook then it's not a rule you need to play by, it's basically a houserule.

:shrug:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Pendent posted:

The keyword change is presumably matched play only, right?
Yeah, but Narrative and Open play don't count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

I hate that it happened to Tyranids. Can't mix and match Hive Fleets anymore, so the Kraken + Kronos combo is dead. Small silver lining, now I don't have to worry about forgetting Hive Fleet rules because everything on the table has the same rule. I really hate that it happened before Genestealer Cults got a Codex, because I was super looking forward to a Tyranid + GSC army. I'm glad I didn't buy any GSC early with this intention yet.

I am happy that Hive Tyrants didn't get the rumored one per detachment, because now with that and the new battleforged rules I might try a brigade for that sweet +12 CP bonus.