Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

seriously why is it always amazon we're hearing the weird bathroom-denial stories about? and not even just their warehouses, even their loving office buildings are notorious for not having enough bathrooms.

petty control tactic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

fishmech posted:

Jeff Bezos is fully diapered at all times

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

fishmech posted:

Jeff Bezos is fully diapered at all times

foreverially diapered and loving it

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Pee is stored in the balls

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

theyre preparing for an appeasement meeting with trump

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

jeff knows when to go for the gold and go big, hard, and gushing

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
https://twitter.com/PunchingOutWAYO/status/985892975438848001

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

petty control tactic

the most disturbing one of these they do imo is where they set your target quota way too high on purpose, then when you fail to meet it call you in with the pretense of firing you and get you to beg and plead with them not to fire you so you think they did you a favor and you owe them

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

quote:

Concerned about bone-crunching collisions and the lack of clearly marked pedestrian lanes at the Fremont, California, plant, the general assembly line’s then-lead safety professional went to her boss, who she said told her, “Elon does not like the color yellow.”

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

if only there was some kind of coordinated group of workers that could lobby on behalf of everyone to seek better working conditions

oh well, who wants more free froyo!!

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
look: futuristic poo poo is stylish and minimalist. have you not seen star trek?!

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Cold on a Cob posted:

look: futuristic poo poo is stylish and minimalist. have you not seen star trek?!

even star trek had fuckin' safety railings around the reactor core

granted they were mostly there so that people could dramatically flip over them and fall when the ship was under attack but still!!!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

oh it gets better

quote:

And in addition to yellow, Musk was said to dislike too many signs in the factory and the warning beeps forklifts make when backing up, former team members said. His preferences, they said, were well known and led to cutting back on those standard safety signals.

“If someone said, ‘Elon doesn’t like something,’ you were concerned because you could lose your job,” said Susan Rigmaiden, former environmental compliance manager.

quote:

Woody, head of the safety team, told her “that Elon didn’t want signs, anything yellow (like caution tape) or to wear safety shoes in the plant” and acknowledged it “was a mess,”

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
move fast and break people

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

ugh why are there all these safety guards on this giant spinning saw blade, it's ruining the aesthetic of my supervillain lair god dammit

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
disrupting all the hard work Demming and Toyota did

Musk should have created his own quality design grift.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Sagebrush posted:

oh it gets better

what the ever loving gently caress? do they not have workplace safety laws in fremont or something?

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

laws don't mean poo poo unless someone is enforcing them

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

infernal machines posted:

what the ever loving gently caress? do they not have workplace safety laws in fremont or something?

they do, but once the initial inspection passes you can go in and rip out all kinds of things and not get "busted" until the next inspection, and then they just go "oh you're missing all the exit signs, you have [3 years] to fix that before we assign you a $100 fine!"

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

This is what happens when regulatory bodies are toothless

OSHA is a husk

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
the whole thing is a good read, i keep wanting to quote parts and then i read new parts that are amazingly bad

yes and tesla has been violating them repeatedly and is appealing all court decisions that they lose

this is why unions will always be more powerful than safety laws, a general strike will hurt their bottom line much more than some little fines

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Sagebrush posted:

oh it gets better

can't wait until a tesla kills someone by running a yellow light and this turns out to be the reason

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

laws don't mean poo poo unless someone is enforcing them

OSHA exists tho, right?

Not a Children posted:

This is what happens when regulatory bodies are toothless

OSHA is a husk

ah

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

quote:

Acknowledging that repetitive stress injuries are the most common way workers get hurt there, Tesla officials emphasize ergonomic improvements to the new Model 3 assembly line.

“We actually redesigned it so it’s safer for our employees to make,” Shelby said. “It’s super cool to see when it’s on the line how much easier it is to make the Model 3.”

who loving talks like this? it's super cool? gently caress you

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Cold on a Cob posted:

who loving talks like this? it's super cool? gently caress you

elongated musk's hiring process is tuned to eliminate anyone who isn't already a starry-eyed fan

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

this is some american gods poo poo.

blood sacrifice to elon "elon musk" musk, god of capitalism

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

OSHA is largely a reactive organization. Inspections happen but even then they get an opportunity to remediate with pretty much zero consequence and it takes a pattern of repeated violations for anything substantial to happen. In reality, it takes several people getting maimed or killed under similar circumstances for something to change and that's assuming the victim or their families don't get paid off. Union shops are usually better about this because they have just-cause dismissal and its harder to go after someone blowing the safety whistle. The overall threshold for safety risk is lower because, Surprise Surprise, someone is advocating for the workers instead of just the owners. That dynamic becomes worse when the company is run by a lunatic instead of managers from the industry with experience who exhibit some amount of restraint and common sense.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
a lot of the impetus to unionize historically has come from demands for safer working conditions

lol that the muskman wants to unionbust because he just doesn't want his *~factory of the future~* to be tainted by yellow and forklift beeping

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

a lot of the impetus to unionize historically has come from demands for safer working conditions

lol that the muskman wants to unionbust because he just doesn't want his *~factory of the future~* to be tainted by yellow and forklift beeping

normal brain: we should bust this union to destroy their collective power and keep wages low
musk brain: the beeping of the forklifts is between 900 and 1100 hertz, this is not going to be a thing. get em out

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
he is retarded for bustin

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Jonny 290 posted:

normal brain: we should bust this union to destroy their collective power and keep wages low
musk brain: the beeping of the forklifts is between 900 and 1100 hertz, this is not going to be a thing. get em out

the last forklift i drove had a bicycle horn

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

just put a loving clown horn on it. it'll fit right in

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

have you considered that elon musk might be the new green lantern and doesn’t want to give the sinestro corps an advantage on his home turf? :thunk:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Condiv posted:

have you considered that elon musk might be the new green lantern and doesn’t want to give the sinestro corps an advantage on his home turf? :thunk:

if elon musk is a made up character then he's hank scorpio

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

President Beep posted:

you take that back

hank Scorpio gave a drat about his employees

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

President Beep posted:

nah, hank scorpio was funny

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

what are you gonna do, hire a lawyer on your minimum wage salary?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

nah, hank scorpio was funny

hank scorpio was also very good and fair to his employees

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

hank scorpio was a great boss who commanded the respect of the entire united nations and he had a real flamethrower and he succeeded in seizing the eastern seaboard

elon musk gets his employees injured and he's a sad sack loser who pines after young actresses and his lamethrower is a propane torch and he still can't get a car door to close straight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

seriously why is it always amazon we're hearing the weird bathroom-denial stories about? and not even just their warehouses, even their loving office buildings are notorious for not having enough bathrooms.

this is true and funny and it's because of the horrendous gender imbalance in their corporate office, at least in some divisions/buildings.

also, my favourite osha graph