Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
About drat time. Also she is never gonna tell him about her mind reading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Revolver Bunker posted:

One thing I noticed with the previous page where they're meeting up with the rest of the group. Sano asks how long they've been together and Ayako replies 3 years and there's a frame of her wedding ring. That is entirely her fantasy since Toda doesn't know that Mana is with Sano yet. Ayako is a lot thirstier then she realizes. :3:

Edit: I was right!

The visuals (like, for example, the wedding ring...) are also mostly her.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I get the impression she just gets the vague idea from him of "a college reunion where we're dating and then hook up" and everything else is hers. The dialogue might also be from Toda, but wasn't Sano mentioned in the dialogue? Posting from phone so it's a pain to go back and check.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

I get the impression she just gets the vague idea from him of "a college reunion where we're dating and then hook up" and everything else is hers. The dialogue might also be from Toda, but wasn't Sano mentioned in the dialogue? Posting from phone so it's a pain to go back and check.

Toda directly acknowledges Sano in the daydream, so yeah. That just reinforces the notion that Aya was doing the brunt of the work. I'm sure the lewd was Toda's doing though...right?

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Brought To You By posted:

Toda directly acknowledges Sano in the daydream, so yeah. That just reinforces the notion that Aya was doing the brunt of the work. I'm sure the lewd was Toda's doing though...right?

"The Lewd Stuff Was All Toda" and Other Delusions of Nakano Ayako.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
They established that while she may be picking up on his lewd thoughts, the specific imagery was all her.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

The question is how detailed the script she's getting from Toda is.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Zereth posted:

I have it on good authority that teenage boys never have horny inappropriate daydreams

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

sniper4625 posted:

Heads up apparently the author's cat deleted a bunch of work or something so there's going to be another upcoming hiatus.

Release schedule:

lmafo

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Zereth posted:

Yeah, I'm thinking it's not so much a script as "the general idea of a thing happening" in cases like this (that aren't just subvocalizing, which she seems to pick up directly). Like if Toda thinks "I want to hook up right now" she'll get that explicitly as words, but if he's just imagining hooking up with her she'll just get the concept of "Toda hooking up with me" and all the details are hers.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Wavy-line mouth isn't much of a facial expression, but it is a facial expression. GJ Toda

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Yep, that are we telepathic thought makes me think that if these two keep interacting long enough Toda will eventually make the connection.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
This is incredibly heartwarming. I can't articulate better than that.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
:kimchi:

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

StandardVC10 posted:

Wavy-line mouth isn't much of a facial expression, but it is a facial expression. GJ Toda

Are you kidding? That's the most expressive we've seen him. He's practically having an emotional break down at this point. Just go hug her Toda and be done with it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
We're gonna have full blown toda enelface when she confesses, either her love or that she can read minds :allears:

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Calling it now, she's going to fall asleep on his shoulder on the bus ride back.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

gently caress, she's grown beyond me.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Like a normal person, she will quickly forget this enthusiasm once it comes time to sit down and study a bunch. I also remember getting all enthusiastic and motivated as a teen when I wasn't actually having to do the hard work of studying/practicing.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 206 days!

Ytlaya posted:

Like a normal person, she will quickly forget this enthusiasm once it comes time to sit down and study a bunch. I also remember getting all enthusiastic and motivated as a teen when I wasn't actually having to do the hard work of studying/practicing.

The word is, "enthusiasm."

S T I M U L A N T S

Enthusiasm.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

She doesn't sound particularly enthusiastic. Determined sure, but she seems aware it's not something she will exactly enjoy.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

SyntheticPolygon posted:

She doesn't sound particularly enthusiastic. Determined sure, but she seems aware it's not something she will exactly enjoy.

I think her little joint fantasy with Toda on where they could be, (ie: Together, Married, All Lovey Dovey), has motivated her as her goal to reach. College is just the stepping stone.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Revolver Bunker posted:

I think her little joint fantasy with Toda on where they could be, (ie: Together, Married, All Lovey Dovey), has motivated her as her goal to reach. College is just the stepping stone.

oh gently caress when you put it like that, it becomes extremely real for my life. i was thinking like this all through my last year of university and it's finally about to pay off now that i'm a few months past graduation.

i absolutely went from a c/d student to a b student once i found the person i loved and realized what i had to do. determination is great.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
cat picked a good page to force us to take a break on

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
I don't read Japanese but hiatus apparently extended to 4/14.

Hiatus extended to 4/14.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Bad kitty

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
:negative:

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

This time it used the computer hard drive as a scratching post. A powerful catte.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

This is why the lesson for anything you work on the computer is "Save and Save often!"

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp
In case you guys aren't on Reddit

The updated release schedule by Helvetica

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

WE'RE BACK!

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
That's one smug croissant

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
The best faces

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Aya's such a nerd.

Thank God we got some mana though

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Mana builds best builds

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
Did Mana just break the fourth wall

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

sockpuppetclock posted:

Did Mana just break the fourth wall

Appears that way....I'm okay with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
So where Aya has the power to read minds, Mana has the power to know she's a character in a manga?