Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Mu Zeta posted:

I only started tasting the difference when I got a good coffee grinder and started using a french press or pour overs and avoided the crappy Mr. Coffee drip machines. Also lighter and fresher roasts. If you're just using tinned coffee then yeah there's no difference.

Yeah this. I have some Kona and also Caribou coffee and now I really want some but I’m not at home and my water boiler isn’t on so I’d have to wait and it’s effort and anyways I’ll forget by the time I do get home.

Coffee should be drank plain, if you’re putting sugar and cream in it you’re just covering up the nasty flavor of the lovely coffee you’re drinking (IMO) (this is coming from a person who is gross because they drink half and half if someone/ some place has it (I drink it straight))

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

DizzyBum posted:

My coffee FWP is that nobody ever has natural sweetners like stevia or monk fruit. I don't like artificial sweetners (except in diet soda).

Please refer to it by its proper name of diet cokes

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

oldpainless posted:

Please refer to it by its proper name of diet cokes

No.

Diet Coke is Diet Coke.

Diet Coke is a diet soda.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I think I accidentally chose not to import a previous save into a game so the story chose the options at random, so now I have to go back and play the last part of the old game and ok it’s only like 2 hour so but it’s a pain in the rear end cause I just did it last night and I just played this new part for 4 hours until I realized it, so now I have to replay that too. And for some stupid reason there’s no option to restart the game where you chose to import a previous save or now. Why the gently caress isn’t this option there??? Blehhhhhh.

E: Ok I got some more

-my old rear end iPad takes foreeeever to charge

- I got new glasses today but it was hella expensive and literally my whole paycheck because I’m blind as gently caress and need special lenses. I got the cheapest frames and I have very good eye insurance but it was still hella expensive. I needed new glasses for real because my old ones were scratched to poo poo and my vision got worse so everything was blurry. Looks like I’ll be eating potatoes only for a while.

-the frames I got are super cool and cute but it’s gonna take 2 weeks to get them back due to the special lenses. I want to show them off now! And also be able to see. That would be cool. Seeing is good.

-can’t afford my medicine now till my next paycheck so let’s hope I don’t run out! :911:

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 21:20 on Apr 12, 2018

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
The new Atelier game only has Japanese as the spoken language, so I have to read the subtitles. I can read them fast, but cutting through the spoken text quickly is jarring. Also since it's a typical Japanese game the girls are all skimpily dressed and it's gross. But I like the gameplay and working to craft obscenely powerful things to destroy monsters, so I have to suck it up.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I have way more coffee than I need. Like seriously you have no idea how many tins of coffee I have right now.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
The network behind one of the podcasts I listen to (The Greatest Generation, a Star Trek podcast) is doing a fundraiser.

Like,normally I'd be no-harm-no-foul about it, but kee-rist the rate they are promoting it on their various and sundry social medias is beginning to grate on me.

(I consider this is a FWP because, hey, they need the money, and it'd be easy to temporarily unfollow or mute.)

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I don't get the very strong and serious opinions people have over food. Most food is just okay. Some food is great, and some of it is pretty bad. But most food is just okay and I'm tired of every idiot with a Yelp account thinking that they're God's gift to food criticism.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Star Man posted:

I don't get the very strong and serious opinions people have over food. Most food is just okay. Some food is great, and some of it is pretty bad. But most food is just okay and I'm tired of every idiot with a Yelp account thinking that they're God's gift to food criticism.

I think a lot of that is other people thinking you're childish for liking your foods in a certain way; slather it in ketchup and you have no taste, a good well done steak doesn't exist, that sort of thing. People love to prove other people wrong. I think food is hit harder by that because food is one of the universal human pleasures. Basically everyone loves food, and there are ways to make this food subjectively better, and if you don't listen, you're denying yourself a true pleasure and you're wrong.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I think people are childish if they refuse to eat things like vegetables.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Inzombiac posted:

I think people are childish if they refuse to eat things like vegetables.

This makes me think of the lady on “crazy addictions” who only ate cheesy potatoes for like 25 years and somehow didn’t die, and then gagged and almost vomited when they put a piece of steamed broccoli in her face.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Thin Privilege posted:

This makes me think of the lady on “crazy addictions” who only ate cheesy potatoes for like 25 years and somehow didn’t die, and then gagged and almost vomited when they put a piece of steamed broccoli in her face.

broccoli is pretty gross so its understandable.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Thin Privilege posted:

Potatoes are nearly nutritionally complete. A person could eat those and maybe a multivitamin and be, uh, "fine".
That lady was obese and would drown her fried potatoes in cheddar.

I knew someone that would not eat anything but french fries. She said it was okay because she, "never used extra salt".

Some people are completely hosed in the head.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Roobanguy posted:

broccoli is pretty gross so its understandable.

I can agree that raw broccoli would be gross for many people. But did you ever have steamed broccoli? It’s completely different from raw. Put some butter and salt on it and it’s soooo good. Same goes for Brussels sprouts. Steam+butter+salt is where it’s at.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Thin Privilege posted:

I can agree that raw broccoli would be gross for many people. But did you ever have steamed broccoli? It’s completely different from raw. Put some butter and salt on it and it’s soooo good. Same goes for Brussels sprouts. Steam+butter+salt is where it’s at.

Honestly I think a lot of people had parents that didn't know how to make good vegetables.
The only spinach I had as a kid was the shredded, frozen blocks that my mom would microwave.
I just assumed all spinach was garbage until I was 18 or so.

She would also steam broccoli into oblivion but thanksfully I had the good stuff elsewhere.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Inzombiac posted:

Potatoes are nearly nutritionally complete. A person could eat those and maybe a multivitamin and be, uh, "fine".
That lady was obese and would drown her fried potatoes in cheddar.

I knew someone that would not eat anything but french fries. She said it was okay because she, "never used extra salt".

Some people are completely hosed in the head.

Dairy and potatoes is actually the simplest diet you can live on. It's why the Irish thrived after the potato was introduced; an acre of taters and a dairy cow can feed four people. Cheesy potatoes like that isn't the healthiest diet by any means and has excessive calories but it won't lead you to malnutrition.

Granted in her case she was eating nothing but that, overeating like mad, and putting poo poo loads of cheddar on while leading a pretty sedentary lifestyle. In that case her eating habits could have been primarily healthier stuff and she'd still have gotten obese. You can in fact get morbidly obese by eating healthy stuff if you overdo it and refuse to exercise. That's the more common problem; excessive calorie intake without burning it.

Thin Privilege posted:

Personally I love the poo poo out of broccoli. Raw, plain, buttered, steamed, stir fried...I can eat that stuff all drat day. Makes it easier for me to eat healthy in that I like vegetables a lot anyway.

The unfortunate thing there is that people got this idea in their head that all healthy food tastes bad. It doesn't. It's like hey it's fine if you don't like broccoli as there are other vegetables. Find the ones you like and eat those. I find it impossible to believe it when somebody says "I hate all vegetables. They are all gross." Well, no...you just haven't found the ones you like yet or are alternately a filthy liar that uses that as an excuse to eat nothing but garbage because it tastes better.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

ToxicSlurpee posted:

a filthy liar that uses that as an excuse to eat nothing but garbage because it tastes better.

It’s this.

I occasionally eat McDonald’s and garbage I’ll admit that but nothing is as good as a well-made salad. Or even some cucumbers with salt on them. Or tomato with salt. I like salt yes, but you only put a little, not like how much fast and processed food does; with that much, I just get massively sick.

FWP: I stupidly sometimes eat fast food which is not only expensive but also makes me sick. I am not smart.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Thin Privilege posted:

It’s this.

I occasionally eat McDonald’s and garbage I’ll admit that but nothing is as good as a well-made salad. Or even some cucumbers with salt on them. Or tomato with salt. I like salt yes, but you only put a little, not like how much fast and processed food does; with that much, I just get massively sick.

FWP: I stupidly sometimes eat fast food which is not only expensive but also makes me sick. I am not smart.

I eat McDonald's garbage sometimes too. I'll admit it. The thing of it is I don't eat it every day. Or even every week. I ran into that a lot in the past; "but I saw you eating french fries! Like a bucket of them!" Yeah that was the first bucket of fries I had in three weeks. Then I went and rode by bike enough to burn off the calories.

It isn't exactly complicated; more calories consumed then burned? Weight goes up! More calories burned then consumed? Weight goes down! Lately I've been making it a point to exercise more because I've been gaining weight. I'm not obese but put simply I don't want to get there and know I have a weakness for food. Even with that I still don't eat junk food every single day like all the turbo fats seem to.

How do I avoid eating junk food? I just don't loving buy it. One bag of chips at most and I don't go to the store every week. Eating lunch with coworkers? Don't automatically order the least healthy thing on the menu. Carefully consider what's there and get the not fried chicken with the vegetables or some such. Then don't get dessert and don't order soda. Don't feel like you have to eat all of it; if you can't then box it up and eat the leftovers for dinner.

It really, really isn't all that complicated.

Yet I guarantee that those same people eat garbage absolutely every day and then are all "but I see thin people eating these things too!" I'm sorry but that thin person with the donut might very well be having their first donut in over a month while you ate a dozen of them for breakfast.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
Youtube on the PS4 keeps logging me out, in the middle of videos! Like, what the poo poo?

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

My new apartment has a woodburning fireplace even though it's balls hot here 10 out of 12 months, and I have no idea what to do with it.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

My lactose intolerance is like a game of roulette. Sometimes I don't get affected at all, sometimes it feels like razor blades are square dancing in my gut. I gamble every few days. I'm not very smart.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Suburbs. Everything is so far away. To get to a Target I have to drive 20 minutes. I live in the city and to get to the target it’s 5 minutes. They’re both a half mile away from my original destination. And the traffic. City traffic sucks but if you’re smart you take side streets and avoid all that poo poo. And even if you’re in city traffic, it still moves. In the suburbs there’s generally only one road you can take so you’re stuck in a literal parking lot if you’re driving any time near rush hour, and there’s no way to get around it. I made the mistake of trying to go to Trader Joe’s at 4:30 pm and it took me 45 minutes even though it was only a mile away. There was no way to get around the traffic because every street is a dead end cul de sac or some weird winding-road development that goes nowhere.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 09:08 on Apr 16, 2018

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
People bringing sweets in to work and then not taking No for an answer are wierd and I hate them. Every single time the person will say "It's okay, everyone cheats on their diet! Have some of this extremely sugary confection!" and then get all butthurt when I finally have to be firm about the No. I am not on a diet, and I am not going to explain how insulin resistant type 1 diabetes works, but YOU ARE PUSHING POISON AT ME. gently caress off. And no, I can't just take extra insulin Rebecca! Monster.

The only guy at work that doesn't do this is a 18 year old cholo that knows I'm diabetic. He brings me carrots and hummus when everyone else gets pan dulche. Cool kid :3:

Actually this isn't a first world problem since the reason I can't take more insulin is I've maxed out my ability to afford it this month. Only $346 left on the ol' life gift card that is insulin, gotta spend wisely. :911:

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 14:20 on Apr 16, 2018

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i bought new shoes the same size of every other shoe i bought in the past 15 years but these ones seem to be a bit longer than anything i'm used to so i keep scuffing my toes on the ground as i walk

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
One of my all time favorite authors died :(

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I have someone in my office that is really pushy with food.
They will bring in candy or snacks and remind everyone they are sitting on the communal table about every 10 minutes.

What's worse is if no one immediately goes for some, they will go around and place something directly on your desk, regardless of how busy you may be.

It's impossible to be mad because they are bringing free snacks but drat quit being so bossy about it.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Inzombiac posted:

It's impossible to be mad because they are bringing free snacks but drat quit being so bossy about it.

Nah, you should totally be mad about that. Being pushy about that sort of thing just isn't OK. Like let everybody know it's there sure but leave it at that.

A simple "hey I put candy in the break room, have at it" should be the end of it. Then again this is America and we culturally decided to just be fat gluttons. I'm overweight but still get people saying "go have a donut!" then responding with "you need to gain some weight, go have two" or some such if I turn donuts down because I'd rather not become obese, thanks.

I do not need to gain weight. I am overweight. I need to lose weight so stop pushing donuts on me. I don't want them. I appreciate people bringing food but don't be offended if I don't immediately shove a box full of sugar in my face at any and all offers.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I bought a new office chair for my place but the plastic smell is overwhelming so I'm putting it outside in the wind for a few hours. I wanna get back to coasting through a light work from home day but I need a chair to work at my desk so I'm not going to get any work done until I think the chair's ready to come back inside.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I had to look something up using my dad's phone and his address bar history popped up with Public Disgrace

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I had to google that. And my first world problem is I didn't think to go incognito or just not google it in the first place so now it's in my search history too.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Similar to the candy thing posted above, I get annoyed when a food place overloads whatever food-holder it's in.

Like, I ordered a small fry, or a medium ice cream, or whatever. I don't really want a small fry + an extra small fry piled on top, or practically a large ice cream. I'm just going to throw away the excess.

e: another food-related FWP: I impulse-bought a box of pre-cooked bacon that you can just nuke for 3 minutes. I figured it'd be poo poo compared to the proper stuff. But no, it's good. So yes, I can basically eat bacon whenever I feel like. The problem is that now I can basically eat bacon whenever I feel like. :smith:

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 04:30 on Apr 18, 2018

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I recently discivered that turkey bacon is now really good and cooks faster than regular bacon.

All things considered, it's not that bad for you.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I bought a system tune up program and it won't install correctly.

Also, I wanted to stream a radio station but they hosed something up and it won't connect.

Tonight just kinda sucks.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

There's several pounds of free candy at work but I can't eat any of it because it gives me horrible cramps.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Olive! posted:

I had to look something up using my dad's phone and his address bar history popped up with Public Disgrace

And what is that? I'm afraid to Google it.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Leavemywife posted:

And what is that? I'm afraid to Google it.

Porn site for voyeur and public humiliation.

sulphix
Dec 15, 2008
Just got promoted into the (2nd best) corner office in the workplace. But drat, there's like, a dozen boxes from old monitors and dev kits sitting in here, do I really have time to move them myself?

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I think I've accidentally conditioned myself to only get comfortable enough to sleep on the couch, thanks to napping on it and/or going to the couch to sleep so that my flopping around doesn't bother my partner at night.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
I bought a different brand of butter than I usually do. The butter is fine, but the way the wax paper it's wrapped in is folded is slightly different than the butter I usually buy. This irritates me when unwrapping a stick just enough to be noticeable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

MisterBibs posted:

I think I've accidentally conditioned myself to only get comfortable enough to sleep on the couch, thanks to napping on it and/or going to the couch to sleep so that my flopping around doesn't bother my partner at night.

I have really bad sleeping issues and my smallish couch is the only place I can get really comfortable.
It's a studio sofa and I'm 6'. It makes so sense at all.

I even have an expensive memory foam mattress that used to be perfect for me.

But that sofa... I'm all sprawled out, one foot on the floor and one arm tossed above my head. It must trigger memories of being a young drunk and sleeping through the weekend.