Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Splicer posted:

Why would you do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dregan
Jan 16, 2005

I could transport you all into space if I wanted.

The Room?

Also I'm doing it, I'm going to give an anecdotal example; way back when Blair Witch Project was out, at the ending when the camera faded to black and the cinema was quiet, someone shouted "MIKE!" and everyone had a little laugh. There you go then thanks

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

True_shit_that_happened: when I saw Godzilla, the first time the camera panned up and showed Godzilla roaring, some guy shouted in an extremely parodically gay lisp "ooh so scary" and then turned around in his seat to see if anyone laughed.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Problem with stdh in a theatre is it's always hard to believe. I've got two examples, but who believe me that they happened??

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I don't :colbert:

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

I waited in line for The Phantom Menace and when the Star Wars credits started someone shouted "oh my god I just came" which was actually the highlight of the entire film in retrospect

Slowpoke Rodriguez
Jun 20, 2009
I saw House of a 1000 corpses, and there was a long quiet part after someone was murdered. Someone farted very loudly in the quiet theatre, and everyone laughed. Highlight of the movie.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Former DILF posted:

I waited in line for The Phantom Menace and when the Star Wars credits started someone shouted "oh my god I just came" which was actually the highlight of the entire film in retrospect

I bet he felt bad for blowing his load so early.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
I watched (for only about a minute) a racist fight break out in a showing of the first Candyman.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Samizdata posted:

I watched (for only about a minute) a racist fight break out in a showing of the first Candyman.

Someone got arrested during my showing of Spider-Man 3. Not sure why.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Jurgan posted:

Someone got arrested during my showing of Spider-Man 3. Not sure why.

Wouldn't stop singing the Nickelback song from the first one.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i made a smart rear end comment during the credits of Prometheus and two people laughed. that's as close as i will ever be to theater stardom.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

i made a smart rear end comment during the credits of Prometheus and two people laughed. that's as close as i will ever be to theater stardom.

Was it something about a map?

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
I have a real movie experience that owned:

Went to see one of the Bourne movies with some friends and got very stoned beforehand, and it was at the scene after Jason like bursts into a window and chokes the other asset out in a bathroom to save Julia stiles. Very quiet tender moment where she's like wiping off his blood or something and somebody a few rows behind us rips a huge loud fart that clearly everyone in the theater could hear. Well nobody seemes to react at all which made it even funnier to me and my buds and we had a giggle fit that lasted a good twenty minutes and now whenever that movie is on TV I smile like seeing an old friend on the street

The Great Burrito
Jan 21, 2008

Is that freedom rock? Well turn it up!
Joining in on movie theatre fart chat: When I saw 30 Days of Night someone let one rip during a tense scene near the end. Like the poster above people were trying not to laugh which made it worse and nobody could keep it together for the remaining ~20 minutes. It did not however turn into an MSTK3K style riff-fest and nobody got married. Other than teens screaming during slasher flicks (which I don’t mind honestly) every other “wacky” person who won’t shut up during movies has sucked. X-Men First Class- during Beasts first big transformation scene- “WOW HE’S TURNING INTO THE BLUE GUY!” No poo poo.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

In xmen 3 when beast showed up for the first time
"Wow, nightcrawler got OLD"

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

When I saw The Matrix: Reloaded (what a waste of money) some guy kept loudly commenting on everything. Like "Ah ya, let's go!" type garbage.

It just make an already sucky movie suck even more.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
That also reminds me of when I went and saw spiderman 2 in theaters and like at the opening credits spiderman shows up on screen and some older sounding woman goes "oh my gawd it's spiderman!" really loud. Like, did you go to the wrong theater or something, what did you expect??

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Went to see neighbours on an afternoon cheap day screening so it was about 20 seniors plus me and my friend. Got a ways into he movie and during one scene a guy loudly said "man, this movie SUCKS." Which got a decent rise from the rest of us. Later someone else asked if it would ever end and they started ripping on it

Cheap movie theatre seniors are a good time.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
When I saw Batman Begins, when Bruce gets slapped by the lady, someone called out, "I'm Rick James, bitch!"

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

During Iron Man 2, a group of friends and I were sitting in front a group of teenage girls. They were loud and squeeing like every few minutes. At one point, they get loud and yell, "OMG, Iron Man!". From behind them came a male voice, "yeah, it's his loving movie! Shut the gently caress up!"

And then Albert Einstein married a Marine and they taught everyone evolutionary lies, and we clapped.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

That also reminds me of when I went and saw spiderman 2 in theaters and like at the opening credits spiderman shows up on screen and some older sounding woman goes "oh my gawd it's spiderman!" really loud. Like, did you go to the wrong theater or something, what did you expect??

Someone went to see Return of the King and had apparently not seen either of the previous two, because when they first showed one of the hobbits next to a human she shouted “that’s a little midget!”

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Isn’t “little midget” redundant?

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Well, dwarves are like big midgets you see.

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

During X-men: The Last Stand, when the Juggernaut was on-screen, someone shouted out "I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!" but it was actually the movie saying that and still nobody laughed.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

When I went to see Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles with a classmate, after the movie ended a couple of younger kids got up on the slightly raised bit in front of the screen and started NINJA FIGHTING while the credits were rolling and we were both "pfffft kids these days get a load of those two karate kids ha ha" as 12-year-olds are wont to do welp that's my story about audience participation in cinema god bless.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

These stories are all bad and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Biplane posted:

you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Well that's poo poo that won't happen :smugmrgw:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I’ve mocked movies in the theater before, but only quietly to whoever I was with.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

I’ve mocked movies in the theater before, but only quietly to whoever I was with.

*muttering* "This movie sucks, right Goku? Right Sonichu?" *nods twice*

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Biplane posted:

These stories are all bad and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Bad stories are how you know they're real

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

This is the first STDH where you wish someone would say “sir, this is a McDonald’s drive-thru.”

http://jurgan.tumblr.com/post/142981273718/sohelpmedun-please-just-read-the-whole-thing

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Why do so many people think twitter is supposed to be used like that?

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Why do so many people think twitter is supposed to be used like that?

This forum was supposed to be used for good posting but here we are

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Besesoth posted:

This forum was supposed to be used for good posting but here we are

I'm pretty sure that has never been true.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I'm pretty sure that has never been true.

that's half of the joke :ssh:

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Jurgan posted:

This is the first STDH where you wish someone would say “sir, this is a McDonald’s drive-thru.”

http://jurgan.tumblr.com/post/142981273718/sohelpmedun-please-just-read-the-whole-thing

gonna be honest I can see this happening but I think the dude should have just driven away

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Arivia posted:

gonna be honest I can see this happening but I think the dude should have just driven away

They couldn't though, because -

A] They couldn't reinforce their basic compassion and
B] They couldn't get acclaim and reposts on their wacky story.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I finally found a true story!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr82dZpCr48

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

911 call that definitely happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP8yy558Vo8