Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

TheScott2K posted:

The YouTubers are going to be so mad when it turns out they've GTA Onlined the gently caress out of RDR2.

Are there actually people who don't expect this yet? Asking for a friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Earnest question: Youtubers are mad about GTAO? That poo poo seems like a youtubers dream. There's like a billion different game modes and a really big tryhard/whale system where you get yachts and become a CEO or whatever.

I haven't played in a longass time but every time I did I'd log on and there'd be like 50 new MP game modes that only seemed to make sense if you were dragging 15 people into them with you.

My fav has always been the one where one team gets Jet Fighters and the other gets dirt bikes and you have to try and stop the dirt bikers from getting somewhere.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!

TheScott2K posted:

Red Dead wasn't that good and its fetishization this gen is weird.

it suffers from rockstar bloat where you conatantly meet new characters with missions before you're done with the previous ones but it has a unique setting and attention to detail not often seen in games

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Gtao is completely incomprehensible to me i tried and failed to figure out how to have fun in it when all the activities have you waiting for others to join and load an instance and the hub world has you getting run over and shot every 5 seconds

Its cool that people love it though

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Real hurthling! posted:

Gtao is completely incomprehensible to me i tried and failed to figure out how to have fun in it when all the activities have you waiting for others to join and load an instance and the hub world has you getting run over and shot every 5 seconds

Its cool that people love it though

Their matchmaking queueing thing is crazy stupid and I have no idea why it's still based on their absolutely confounding GTA4 system, but the best way is to use the pause menu browser/playlists and the more "put me into anything" flavored your choice is the better, or skew towards whatever playlist they're promoting that week. Then be sure to favorite/bookmark any particular map/game you enjoyed and then search for just those later.

There's a ton of really fun modes but there's also a zillion abandoned ones of varying quality that no one plays.They desperately need to clean that poo poo up or just farm out the non-hubworld matchmaking to someone else.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

The only thing good about GTAO is getting high and riding around on busses driven by your also high friends.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

zenintrude posted:

The only thing good about GTAO is getting high and riding around on busses driven by your also high friends.

Pfff, I can do that IRL.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
GTAO was great until Rockstar realized people weren't buying enough shark cards, so they jacked the prices of everything way up to force endless grinding or spending 20 real dollars on one fake car. Even iRacing only charges 15 dollars for a completely accurately modeled race car.

TenTwelveTwelve
Oct 12, 2012
Dead Space 2 DLC Severed is available for free this week. https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/...e=Game#LiveZone

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I had to click "download to xbox 360" about 7 times before I finally was able to get it.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

TenTwelveTwelve posted:

Dead Space 2 DLC Severed is available for free this week. https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/...e=Game#LiveZone

Don't currently own this, but thanks.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

If he had just Severed with his girlfriend none of that poo poo would’ve happened.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Cojawfee posted:

GTAO was great until Rockstar realized people weren't buying enough shark cards, so they jacked the prices of everything way up to force endless grinding or spending 20 real dollars on one fake car. Even iRacing only charges 15 dollars for a completely accurately modeled race car.

The trick is that 99.9% of the expensive stuff is tiny improvements to stats that end up irrelevant most of the time.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

How is cities skylines? I liked surviving mars quite a bit, but it was very easy and didn’t really have any sort of end game at all. In fact once I built maybe two domes I felt like welp mars is colonized! I like the chill city building idea a lot though. Podcast and build.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I don't know about on console, but it's pretty chill. There's nothing super hard about it though. You just make your city and slowly expand and change it. I think it's CS where sometimes the people will die en masse because a big chunk of your city is the same age and they all die of old age at the same time. Definitely something you can chill out to.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Cities is great at first until you start noticing the terrible traffic logic, which you can fox somewhat with mods on PC, but it may get frustrating on console.

I've put in 300 hours on PC but it would probably be less than a quarter of that without mods and the ability to build a 500k population city without slowdown.

Here's my biggest city, LA inspired:

The river used to have water but the city was so big that it dried up.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Apr 13, 2018

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Cojawfee posted:

I think it's CS where sometimes the people will die en masse because a big chunk of your city is the same age and they all die of old age at the same time.

Or because you dug a berm around the neighborhood and pointed your sewage pipes at it and now everyone is drowning in a reservoir of human waste.

But seriously, don't play it on anything without mod support.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

zenintrude posted:

Bonnie's missions are the worst, though... no amount of auto aim fixes that garbage.

Preach! There are so many non-shooting missions, horse races, carriage races, cow herding, horse herding, the insta-fail hostage missions and so on but I just can't stop playing, so much poo poo to collect and unlock.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

TheScott2K posted:

Don't currently own this, but thanks.

If you have gold you do because it's one of the free games this month.

Apparently I have already bought that DLC back when I had a 360. I don't even remember what it was lol. Stoked to give Dead Space 2 another shot though. Loved that game.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
Updated the OP with store links for Super Lucky’s Tale, State of Decay 2, and Sea of Thieves.

Edit: also the list of Xbox 1 games that are compatible with the Xbox One.

Instant Sunrise fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Apr 16, 2018

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

:love:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Crimson skys should be called turret simulator. Im 75% of the way through and every mission is still giving me over powered aa batteries to sit in as an alternative to flying. The enemies just line up on strafing runs to be killed when you are in a turret, its lame. The pc crimson skys is way better, they actually expected you to fly planes. This pos was not worth 9.99.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh holy poo poo State of Decay 2 is actually coming out. Fell off my radar, but the first one was fun as hell I'm totally getting that.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ill game pass it

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is your GT the same as your PSN?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

No why

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Take a wild guess

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Oh is state of decay 2 coop? Thats cool. I probably wont get gold tho but just in case the gt is murdercles

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Word.

Just do a free month. I used to have gold for years on 360 and they still gave me a free month on Xbone.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I did Game Pass to give Sea of Thieves a try. It reminds me of Minecraft in a way. Sort of relaxing with interesting visuals. Good to hang out with some friends in but at the end of the day there just isn't much to keep me there.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Beastie posted:

I did Game Pass to give Sea of Thieves a try. It reminds me of Minecraft in a way. Sort of relaxing with interesting visuals. Good to hang out with some friends in but at the end of the day there just isn't much to keep me there.

My kids/nephews/nieces love Sea of Thieves, so the Minecraft comparison seems fairly apt, as they're happy just loving around for hours in that too.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Beastie posted:

There is so much salt to be harvested from this game. It's a griefer's paradise. It's full of players who get so outrageously offended that people won't just play instruments and let them play Pirate Barbie in peace. It's a blast.

I sure as gently caress wouldn't play it on the xbox though. Cross play is a terrible idea.

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Apr 17, 2018

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I had some fun with Sea of Thieves. I met some cool people and had a great time. I had a good time until I was matched with a kid. I joined the game and was paired up with another guy. We were doing pretty well until these two people were put into our game. One guy didn't have voice and barely communicated. The other person was a young kid who didn't know how to play and kept shouting about all the useless things he was doing. Mostly, he was shouting "I'm going up to look for rocks." Even when we were telling him how to play the game, he would still just shout into his headset about looking for rocks. Then he lets his sister play and she wanted to learn, but the kid kept telling her to go check for rocks instead of fixing the ship. So when this other ship shows up to fight us, he was completely useless and ran away from leaks instead of fixing it. The hour I had spent with this one guy collecting things was thrown away because this kid was screwing around. I'm not saying he shouldn't be allowed to play, but it was a bit frustrating that my otherwise great experience can be ruined by one bad match. I'm not really sure what the endgame of Sea of Thieves is, but I'm not really interested in seeing what it is. If there is anything, I'm guessing it has something to do with that mysterious person in the bar who keeps saying to get higher and higher ranks. I think the 10 bucks for game pass plus the other games I played this month was worth it overall. Sea of Thieves definitely is ripe for salt harvesting, but I think I would have more fun imagining all the ways I could grief people and then pretending I did it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

There is so much salt to be harvested from this game. It's a griefer's paradise. It's full of players who get so outrageously offended that people won't just play instruments and let them play Pirate Barbie in peace. It's a blast.

Don't make me want to play this game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kinda hyped to play Panzer Dragoon Orta on Xbox One. Any idea when it'll go live today? Usually digital games are available for download pretty early in the morning on Xbox Live, but that still isn't the case for the new batch of backwards compatible titles.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Kinda hyped to play Panzer Dragoon Orta on Xbox One. Any idea when it'll go live today? Usually digital games are available for download pretty early in the morning on Xbox Live, but that still isn't the case for the new batch of backwards compatible titles.

Microsoft mooching all the best parts of the PS4, I see. :v:

I would imagine it would be within a few hours.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

So I can just insert the Panzer Dragoon Orta disc into my console, have the image download from Live and then play it without needing the disc anymore, right?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

It's probably only by paying :10bux:, right?

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Your disc is your DRM check. It needs to be in to work.

I said come in! posted:

Should be up now, but all of my discs are saying the "that the service is down and to check back later".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Healbot posted:

So I can just insert the Panzer Dragoon Orta disc into my console, have the image download from Live and then play it without needing the disc anymore, right?

No, if you don't own it digitally you still need the disc as an ownership check, even though the game is otherwise 100% downloaded from the internet.