Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

bewbies posted:

I think some Russian WWII enormo-tank used separate round and charge but it was a big pain in the rear end. No doubt someone in this thread knows more on this subject.

IS-2s had two piece ammo for their 122mm gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The 152mm rounds, in addition to being huge, have inferior ballistics to modern sabot rounds. The M1 Abrams' gun and fire control system are so accurate and easy to use that hitting even a moving target is like having cheat codes turned on.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

bewbies posted:

A 152/155mm round weighs almost 100 pounds by itself, and has to be loaded separate from its powder charge. An 829 sabot round weighs about half that including powder and casing.

I think some Russian WWII enormo-tank used separate round and charge but it was a big pain in the rear end. No doubt someone in this thread knows more on this subject.

The said aforementioned 152mm gun did. In addition to the overall bulk/mass of the assembled package, the shell's like 100 pounds and the propellant's about 10, so in addition to being really heavy for just a single guy to move around the CG is all at one end, it'd be awkward as gently caress to move around.

Russian autoloaders work with separate shell/propellant systems:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTzobtVjqPs

120mm's pretty much at the limit of human loaders. Rheinmetall has a 130mm gun design, but that requires an autoloader. For a while the Army was doing research into liquid propellants, with the idea being a human would just have to worry about loading the shell and the computer would inject an appropriate amount of propellant behind it before firing, so you could go to a larger shell size without needing an autoloader. But they never got it working safely or reliably and I think they gave up.

Clarence
May 3, 2012

13th KRRC War Diary, 15th Apr 1918 posted:

The same working party was found again, and completed early.
The day passed quietly and the usual routine was carried out.

13th KRRC War Diary, 16th Apr 1918 posted:

Some casualties were sustained by A and B Coys. owing to the enemy shelling the various batteries which surround us here.
At 8.30 guides under 1 Officer per Coy. were sent out to meet the relieving Btn., the 6th Manchesters who were with one exception led to the various companies they were to relieve - without a hitch. On being relieved the Btn. retired to a field near COIGNEUX where they bivouaced for the night. Fortunately the night was calm and all rested with moderate comfort.
Relief was complete at 11p.m.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I would guess the payload of the 152mm shell would also, iirc, cause havok with the magazine blowout system the Abrams has. Probably real tough to design something like that around a payload that honkin' big.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Cessna posted:

I was in an armor crewman, but I was never in a tank that was hit by a heavy round like a tank shell or an ATGM.

I don't know if it's "hose out" as much as mess up by concussion. I picture bleeding ears/deafness, being knocked unconscious if not killed, that sort of thing.

You better believe the Soviets tested this.

http://tankarchives.blogspot.ca/2017/03/under-pressure-part-2.html?m=1

bewbies posted:

A 152/155mm round weighs almost 100 pounds by itself, and has to be loaded separate from its powder charge. An 829 sabot round weighs about half that including powder and casing.

...anyway the point of this post is that howitzer rounds are huge and loading one inside of a tiny smelly tank turret isn't really feasible. Also arrow rounds are way more accurate and cooler.

Less of a pain in the rear end than the alternative. German 105 mm tank guns would have required this as well. The 8.8 cm KwK 43 shell was pushing the boundary of what one person can load effectively.

Even though this is not a problem in Russian tanks anymore, separate propellant allows storing rounds in a carousel autoloader while keeping the height of the hull low.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

"Any volunteers? Anyone?"

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
WW2 Data

The last of the ground pyrotechnics is up. We get yet another warning to wear a helmet for a certain munition. How far away should a trip mine be placed from the front-lines? What device is used to strap a trip-wire flare to a tree and what should the whole assembly look like? Which flares are useful for airplanes, and why? All that and more at the blog!

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I'm sorry, its just my wehraboo tendencies or whatever. By design, my reply was meant to be rude.

Have a photo of a Japanese experimental glider, the Kokusai Ku-7

Which used a ramp at the rear to load up to 32 troops, freight, or even a light tank.

Thus making it better armed and armored than most contemporary Japanese combat aircraft.

Hmmm? Say again?

Oh, a *Japanese* light tank.

Never mind...

:v:

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

how can one man be so italian

edit: i can't get this gif of mussolini to embed so pretend mussolini was hand talking exaggeratedly like an italian

Mycroft Holmes fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Apr 17, 2018

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Mycroft Holmes posted:

edit: i can't get this gif of mussolini to embed so pretend mussolini was hand talking exaggeratedly like an italian

Italians do not act like this, he is putting on a show, as fascists are wont to do

Slim Jim Pickens fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Apr 17, 2018

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Mycroft Holmes posted:

This is just stagemanship. Remember, most people in the crowd will be too far away to read normal expressions, so exaggerated expressions and movements help convey the message to more people. Stage actors do this, too.

It'sa good show :discourse:

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Clarence posted:

Then why bother with fancy APFSDS rounds from a 120mm-ish gun, if a 152mm tank gun from 70 years ago can kill anything? Or is it because the HE shell is much less likely to hit because of it's lower velocity?

I mean, the US did actually try this -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M551_Sheridan

And yeah, turns out it's hard to get a hit. No autoloader, as far as I can tell, but they did use fancy caseless ammunition which presumably weighs less?

feedmegin fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Apr 17, 2018

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Mycroft Holmes posted:

https://i.imgur.com/EuW7VHu.gifv

Just paste the link to the video file. It won't embed in the preview but it will when you post.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Geisladisk posted:

This is just stagemanship. Remember, most people in the crowd will be too far away to read normal expressions, so exaggerated expressions and movements help convey the message to more people. Stage actors do this, too.

It'sa good show :discourse:

It can slip into your daily life though. I’m a HUGE hand talker because I developed the habit teaching, more or less for the same reason old politicians did: so they get the message in the cheap seats.

It’s worse for me because i got my start teaching ESL and Pantomime plays a big part in that.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Cyrano4747 posted:

It can slip into your daily life though. I’m a HUGE hand talker because I developed the habit teaching, more or less for the same reason old politicians did: so they get the message in the cheap seats.

It’s worse for me because i got my start teaching ESL and Pantomime plays a big part in that.

I'm a bad hand talker too. My friend often does poo poo like high five me when I start making gestures.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

chitoryu12 posted:

I'm a bad hand talker too. My friend often does poo poo like high five me when I start making gestures.

My wife just goes "what was that again?" when I have some crazy pantomime for something like the concept of taking the garbage out and makes me do it again.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

feedmegin posted:

And yeah, turns out it's hard to get a hit. No autoloader, as far as I can tell, but they did use fancy caseless ammunition which presumably weighs less?

Check out this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFGhY88hOnI

Loading looks horrible.

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

feedmegin posted:

We built a tank whose command could say, with only a little poetic license, "He's too close for missiles, I'm switching to guns." We should have declared victory there. Instead we tried to show that the whole gimmick actually worked, and it all fell apart.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I had someone try to tell me the M1 Bazooka could penetrate any tank anywhere aside from composite/spaced armor because "that's how HEAT works" and "all HEAT weapons had the same pentration power against RHA" based on watching tv documentaries on youtube.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Cessna posted:

Check out this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFGhY88hOnI

Loading looks horrible.

The Sheridan was just a load of problems, and that gun had a lot to do with them. It used caseless single-piece ammo, but the propellant and shell liked to separate accidentally during loading and crews would usually just throw the bad rounds on the floor during combat. Then you had an aluminum hull because you wanted a parachute-deployable light tank, which was incredibly easy for RPGs and mines to penetrate. Combine that with a bunch of propellant scattered on the floor, and you have tanks running over mines or getting hit by rockets and just turning into instant fireballs.

And it looks like the brass catcher for the coax isn't that great at catching anything.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Panzeh posted:

I had someone try to tell me the M1 Bazooka could penetrate any tank anywhere aside from composite/spaced armor because "that's how HEAT works" and "all HEAT weapons had the same pentration power against RHA" based on watching tv documentaries on youtube.

Ask him what happens when you shoot a bazooka at the ground

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Fangz posted:

Or at the sun...

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

chitoryu12 posted:

Combine that with a bunch of propellant scattered on the floor, and you have tanks running over mines or getting hit by rockets and just turning into instant fireballs.

Yeah, this tells you all you need to know about the M-551:

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Fangz posted:

I can't talk about the top secret weapons to bombard japan.

Also things you can learn from youtube: RPGs are ineffective against aluminium- well that one's a blacktail/mike sparks oldie, but still hilarious as gently caress

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Granddads WWII memoirs, parts 5-9 - Back to school, again and again.

Earlier posts:
Part 1
Parts 2-3
Part 4

As promised, here's the next part of my grandfathers wartime memoirs. This post isn't that interesting compared to some of the later stuff, since it's mostly about the various kinds of training he had before taking part in the actual war. Still, I'm translating and posting them for the sake of completeness.

quote:

5. War academy in Halle

In July of 1940 I was instructed by telegraph to appear at the Halle/Saale war academy as soon as possible to continue my training. For several reasons I wasn’t very sad to leave my current communications unit.
In Halle, our cadet class were promoted to cadet-sergeants (“Fähnrich”). We were given lectures on combat tactics and strategy, and from time to time there were written exams as well. There were nightly combat drills as well as practical training in wire-laying and signal transfers. Since I managed to achieve fairly good results in the reading of morse-coded messages, I was assigned to the particular group that were to be trained as ground crew radio operators.
We were also drilled in manners and appearance. At the end of duty ours, we were to appear in our dress uniforms at the officer’s mess. At dinner, our instructors observed our table manners. As this was something that was also taken seriously at home, I didn’t need much further instruction. The only thing completely new to me was the art of proper toasting – you were to hold your glass at the height of the third button in your tunic, sit up straight and not put your glass down until the superior you were toasting had put down his. This was normally initiated by the superior officer raising his glass sand saying “Zum Wohl Fähnrich XX” (“Cheers, cadet-sergeant XX”), at which point you were to reply in the same manner.
If the evening in question was a “convivial evening”, we cadet-sergeants weren’t allowed to leave the mess until the last officer had gone. At times there was heavy drinking, and we soon discovered that our behavior under the influence was observed and measured as well. My current aversion towards strong drink can be traced back to this time, when the drinking was duty and I was often suffering from nasty hangovers.
There was a lot to read, learn, and think about. Sadly I had only limited interest in my main subject, which was ground-to-air radio signaling. The very modern (at the time) “parabola” and “hyperbola” systems (I think that’s what they were called) was the exception to this. I was also very interested in the new stationary radar system codenamed “Hohentwiel”, which was developed in response to a similar system in use by the Royal Air Force. After the final exams, we were divided into separate groups. My group was to be further educated in air-to-ground radio signaling, and after receiving promotions to Oberfähnrich, we were sent on to the communications school at Nordhausen.

6. Communications training at Nordhausen

Nordhausen is a small town in Thüringen, situated at the southern edge of the Harz mountains. We were well billeted close to the airfield and our training was continued. We were trained in high-speed morse signaling as well as the use of the so called Q-groups, which were abbreviation codes used to speed up the sending of information to and from the groundcrews. This was usually done when performing take-offs and landings in bad weather conditions. With the level of technology in use at the time, knowledge of these codes was essential in the event of having to land “blindly”.
These Q-groups were occasionally used to send more humorous messaged between one another – “QBN”, for instance, signified that you were currently flying in between two cloud layers. We used this to refer to taking naps (as in, you were sleeping between two blankets). “QBI” was a general denial of landing clearance and “QGO” was used in denial of landing due to weather conditions – we would use these codes in whispered conversations about female “acquaintances”.

When it came to flight duty, we now had some practical applications of all the theoretical skills we had learned in the lecture halls. As a trainer aircraft we had the “Harrier” (die Weihe), a modified glider that turned out to be very sensitive to thermal currents. As a signalist, you were crammed into a tiny space with an even smaller window that didn’t provide nearly enough light.
I got air-sick and vomited most times during the early training period, and I often had to pay the ground crew 5 Reichsmarks to clean the cabin after my less-than-impressive performance. To cut down on these expenses and avoid being made fun of by the groundcrew, I made a habit of bringing my empty gas mask canister on every flight. When I was sick, I vomited in the canister and cleaned it out near the barracks later.
I was afraid that I would be forced to abandon my training due to this inconvenience, but with some self-discipline I was eventually able to control my gag reflex. Being assigned to new Junker W34 aircraft (similar to the Ju-52, but with a single engine) also helped.
On the 30th of January 1941, I was promoted to Lieutenant (“Leutnant”). The official document was imprinted with the signature of the air minister and supreme commander of the air force, Hermann Göring - it is still in my possession to this day.
I cannot recall much else about my time in Nordhausen. Having passed the final exams, I received the badge depicting an eagle holding a bolt of lighting in its claws, which was to be worn on the chest of the left hand side of the tunic.

7. Navigational training in Tutow
Since I’d managed to achieve very good grades during my signals training, I was assigned to the flight navigation school at Tutow, Pomerania. This was an isolated airfield that didn’t offer any off-duty distractions at all.
Our training mainly consisted of various lectures on navigation. When on flight duty we would practice navigation over long distances, where we had to pass (and photograph) certain pre-decided checkpoints. I had no difficulty in achieving my training goals and became comfortable in the position of navigator. My final goal of being trained as a pilot was still beyond my reach, however.
After the final written and oral exams, I received the navigator’s badge (an eagle in flight with its wings pointing downwards), which I was to wear on my tunic in place of my signalist’s badge. Our training class was scattered, and I was – believe it or not – assigned to the signals school in Nordhausen to teach navigation. I was somewhat disappointed, as I had been hoping for a frontline assignment.

8. Navigation teaching in Nordhausen
Back in Nordhausen I reported in with the company commander, a captain, and was instructed in my coming duties. Navigation training would require me to apply some structure to my knowledge of the subject, as well as prepare pictures and texts to be used as my training material. I was also appointed the deputy company commander, and was therefore required to take part in the day-to-day running of the training company. I was somewhat overwhelmed by all the administrative tasks and duties I were to perform.
Unfortunately, I had some difficulties with an older sergeant who was in charge of telegraphy training. I was still young (only twenty ears old), and the sergeant didn’t really take my instructions seriously. As soon as the company commander was away, he started to neglect his duties. He would appear at least fifteen minutes late to classes on numerous occasions. Sometimes he didn’t bother to show up at all. After hearing about this, I made some inquiries and was soon able to confirm these facts. I tried discussing it with him, but the only thing I can remember is the smug, “kiss-my-rear end”-look on his face.
I realized I had to prove that I could put some weight behind my orders. The next time he turned up late for classes, I ordered him into my office and prescribed him three days of house arrest for repeated dereliction of duty during the past several weeks.
In the armed forces at the time, there was a certain rule stating that a commander was allowed to take disciplinary action only after 24 hours had passed since the incident in question. Since the sergeant was being charged with repeated offenses over the past week, I didn’t see a problem with taking action soon immediately after the last offense. The sergeant appealed to the company commander, who turned him down and increased the penalty to 10 days.
My time as navigation teacher was very instructive. I got better at handling people and personal issues, and I also remember feeling astonished that I never had any problems in teaching applied mathematics despite harboring an intense hatred of the subject during my school years. I suppose this had to do something called “motivation” – I really can’t explain it any other way.
Around this time (June 1941), the campaign in Russia began. I remember very clearly the ominous message on the national radio (Reichsrundfunk) that heralded the beginning of this enormous operation. I was sitting in my office and suddenly remembered one of my old history teachers telling us about the efforts of Otto von Bismarck in trying to avoid a war on two fronts.

9. Experimental Flight Communications Section in Köthen
After my time in Nordhausen, I was assigned to the 2nd Experimental Flight Communications Section in Köthen, southeast of Magdeburg. The commanding officer was Hauptmann Koch, who was said to be a harsh but fair officer. He was a navigator and a pilot, and I remember him wearing a pilot’s badge with a golden wreath as well as the Spanish Cross (the award given to German participants in the Spanish Civil War).
I was assigned to the 1st company and ended up with a fairly young company commander, 1st lieutenant (Oberleutnant) Meyberg. He, too, had the pilot’s badge but was also a trained signalist. Other than myself there was another company officer, lieutenant Möhringer. We became good friends (later on he would name his son after me).
As for my duties, there were a lot of long-distance flight missions to measure the range of our communications equipment. The longest of these was from northern Norway to North Africa, with a stop in Munich before flying across the Alps. During the flight there was several kinds of equipment testing as well as registering the acquired results. We also practiced navigating by the Allied hyperbola system.

Next time - a trip to Russia!

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

chitoryu12 posted:

The Sheridan was just a load of problems, and that gun had a lot to do with them. It used caseless single-piece ammo, but the propellant and shell liked to separate accidentally during loading and crews would usually just throw the bad rounds on the floor during combat. Then you had an aluminum hull because you wanted a parachute-deployable light tank, which was incredibly easy for RPGs and mines to penetrate. Combine that with a bunch of propellant scattered on the floor, and you have tanks running over mines or getting hit by rockets and just turning into instant fireballs.

And it looks like the brass catcher for the coax isn't that great at catching anything.

Why the gently caress do they have a brass catcher? I doubt the us mil is into reloading

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Panzeh posted:

Also things you can learn from youtube: RPGs are ineffective against aluminium- well that one's a blacktail/mike sparks oldie, but still hilarious as gently caress

Sparks is an idiot:

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Cyrano4747 posted:

Why the gently caress do they have a brass catcher? I doubt the us mil is into reloading

So you don't slip and fall on the brass rolling around inside the turret. It also, more importantly, keeps the spend brass from falling into something important like the traverse motor and jamming it.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Cyrano4747 posted:

If the floor of the turret gets covered in used casings it can become a significant inconvenience. People can slip up and trip, it can jam things up, it can get in your way as you try to access new shells, and so on.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

feedmegin posted:

Low velocity also gets you a smaller projectile weight, since the steel case doesn't need to be thick enough to withstand the acceleration of a real gun. HEAT round for the Sheridan was only about 50lbs.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

feedmegin posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/apr/03/poor-wench-mans-clothes-english-civil-war-cross-dressers

Dropped in this thread without further comment because sleep beckons but I know this topic has come up previously.
https://www.historytoday.com/catherine-baker/monstrous-regiment

quote:

The Edinburgh-trained army surgeon James Barry lived his whole adult life, public and private, as a man, yet his most recent biographers in 2016 still called him ‘a woman ahead of her time’....

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Fangz posted:

If the floor of the turret gets covered in used casings it can become a significant inconvenience. People can slip up and trip, it can jam things up, it can get in your way as you try to access new shells, and so on.

And the general discomfort of hot brass raining down on you as you try to do your job underneath the machine gun.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Cyrano4747 posted:

Brass is important to recycle, I have a document where a German commander is scolding his unit for doing dumb poo poo like making ashtrays and wind chimes instead of turning theirs in.

Although more often than not it was just chucked out of the tank. One of my favorite requirements stories is about the British asking the Americans to get rid of the pistol ports on the Sherman, then asking them to put them back in since it turned out the loaders liked chucking spent brass out of them.

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

Reminds me of the Cavalry Maiden. Even after being outed she supposedly kept wearing male clothing and referring to herself using masculine forms. The Russian wikipedia has an anecdote about her getting a letter from her son asking for her blessings to marry. Due to adressing her as "mamen'ka" (more or less "mommy") she burned it unread. A second letter adressed to her male alias "Aleksandr Andrejevitsj" received a favourable reply. There was even a musical based on the story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBOsCol39AM

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

Kopijeger posted:

Reminds me of the Cavalry Maiden. Even after being outed she supposedly kept wearing male clothing and referring to herself using masculine forms. The Russian wikipedia has an anecdote about her getting a letter from her son asking for her blessings to marry. Due to adressing her as "mamen'ka" (more or less "mommy") she burned it unread. A second letter adressed to her male alias "Aleksandr Andrejevitsj" received a favourable reply. There was even a musical based on the story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBOsCol39AM
You've... kind of missed the point entirely.

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

Comrade Gorbash posted:

From the article:

quote:

The same sources that show us women who cross-dressed also offer us glimpses of how people who might have distanced themselves from womanhood over a longer period of time got by, how those who felt equally at home in more than one gender role accommodated that fluidity, and how people with intersex conditions coped with a society where their bodies did not belong. They only rarely reveal which interior reasons motivated an individual’s behaviour: but the ways a woman who wanted to cope in a masculine space managed, and the way someone who wanted to put aside a 'female' identity for good managed, often looked indistinguishable from the outside.

I offered an non-English example of someone who, at least in some ways, acted like described in the quote, and that was also not already mentioned in the article.

Kopijeger fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Apr 17, 2018

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Kopijeger posted:

Reminds me of the Cavalry Maiden. Even after being outed he supposedly kept wearing male clothing and referring to himself using masculine forms. The Russian wikipedia has an anecdote about him getting a letter from his son asking for his blessings to marry. Due to adressing him as "mamen'ka" (more or less "mommy") he burned it unread. A second letter adressed to him as "Aleksandr Andrejevitsj" received a favourable reply. There was even a musical based on the story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBOsCol39AM

Comrade Gorbash posted:

if i remember Kopijeger, English is not their native language

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Ensign Expendable posted:

Brass is important to recycle, I have a document where a German commander is scolding his unit for doing dumb poo poo like making ashtrays and wind chimes instead of turning theirs in.

Although more often than not it was just chucked out of the tank. One of my favorite requirements stories is about the British asking the Americans to get rid of the pistol ports on the Sherman, then asking them to put them back in since it turned out the loaders liked chucking spent brass out of them.
if they had no pistol ports how did they get rid of their poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

HEY GUNS posted:

if they had no pistol ports how did they get rid of their poo poo

Toss it up out the hatch, a procedure still followed today.