Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

this game has been very bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Crouchy is having his nachos.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Always a fan of Crouch

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

thats really bad from joe hart

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Joe Fart serving up the nachos

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Little Pea is a big cheat.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
If West Ham manage to take a front four of Arnautovic, Hernandez, Joao Mario and Lanzini to the Championship it will be an amazing achievement.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
lol of course

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Alderweireld starts for the first time since October for Spurs, and Lucas makes his first league start.

Brighton to win via OG

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

That's painful, Wanyama very lucky

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
knockaeout

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Lol good cross Ben

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Lol Kane

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Pretty bad all the around. Lucas was pretty good I suppose.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Reckon Kane will claim that one

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

That is a pretty terrible goal to give up for Brighton, good job by Sonny

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Took a touch off Eriksen, surely.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

"It'll be his goal I suspect" says the commentator.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Hahaha

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

That's Serge for ya

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.
oops

EvilHawk posted:

Aurier seems garbage tbqh

Yeah, pretty much

Enkor fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Apr 17, 2018

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Aurier seems garbage tbqh

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Brilliant penalty by Kane there*

* after appeal.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Referee has just stopped a goalscoring opportunity for absolutely nothing

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Been a while since Spurs were that meh

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Aurier should never wear a Spurs shirt again

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
How's that game in hand going you Spurs cunts

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

c0burn posted:

How's that game in hand going you Spurs cunts

Could have gone better.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Luke Shaw's looked quite good today, so of course Jose "I pick players on performance" Mourinho's is going to replace him with Ashley Young the second he can.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Der Shovel posted:

Luke Shaw's looked quite good today, so of course Jose "I pick players on performance" Mourinho's is going to replace him with Ashley Young the second he can.

Shaw looked good today, Young has been good for a year you muppet.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Der Shovel posted:

Bitch you are second in the league behind an insane city team

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Shrapnig posted:

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Shaw will be nice and rested after a summer of no World Cup, put him in coach

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Shrapnig posted:

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Pretty much.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Shrapnig posted:

Well, I'd argue that Shaw has looked good / great most times he's played, but my problem isn't so much with Young. He's done nothing wrong, even if he's getting on a bit and should probably be replaced. My frustration is with Jose and his poo poo man management, including his treatment of Shaw.

All season long he's talked about how Shaw has a long and bright future at United, yet gets almost no game time (while occasionally throwing jabs his way about how he's just a big pussy for not playing through an injury to the leg he fractured a few years ago). Just this week he was going on about how he always picks by performance and the Bournemouth game isn't just him resting players for the Spurs game, but instead a chance for players to earn their spots in his squad, and frankly I have a very hard time believing that.

He doesn't pick by performance or merit, he picks his favourites and throws the rest under the bus at every opportunity, and I hate that. His bullying is going to cost United a lot of players who could be amazing if properly managed, and it's going to suck. What's more, United will have to spend big next summer and still probably not get a left back of Shaw's ability.

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

That's true, and that's what makes this all so difficult and frustrating. There's no denying that Mourinho's taken United forward, and quite a bit in a short time as well. At the same time there's been tons of really awful performances, the team are still conceding tons of goals from set pieces, the attacking play looks worse and worse as time goes on and his negative approach has cost United several times.

It's real frustrating, because I want to like and support him, but instead I just find myself disliking him more and more as time goes on. I realize this bias is probably colouring my reactions to him.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Apr 19, 2018

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
It is frustrating, but maybe stopping the decline of a club that's had Ed Woodward playing with his Fisher Price My First Transfer Window simulator since SAF and Gill left isn't going to be pretty. In hindsight maybe Mourinho should have taken the poisoned Fergie chalice after all, who knows? With games to spare this is the most points we've had, and highest finish, since Ferguson left.

Some of it IS baffling but hopefully, the improvement continues. Lots of managers say that one of the hardest things to do in football is retain a title, so next season will be interesting, but I'd prepare yourself to be second best again next season if Pep manages it, as annoying as that is to admit.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Ninpo posted:

It is frustrating, but maybe stopping the decline of a club that's had Ed Woodward playing with his Fisher Price My First Transfer Window simulator since SAF and Gill left isn't going to be pretty.

Absolutely, and I really really really hope that some of the poo poo we've seen this season (like the games against Sevilla) were just Mourinho trying to cope rather than what's to be expected from him in the future, but I'm rapidly losing hope.

I'm just kinda afraid that this was "Mourinho's season", that this would've been the one where his team grinds out the trophy only to fall apart the season after when all his bullying, blaming and piss poor man management pays out, and that the plan was ruined by Pep's City being unbelievably good.

I would be very interested in hearing what the plan is going forward, because surely he can't expect to get hundreds of millions of pounds next to replace the half of the team that isn't up to par / he's alienated over the past few years.

Pep's City probably won't be this good next season, but they will still be very good. Liverpool probably won't implode comically as funny as that would be, so competition at the top will be fierce. Nothing from Mourinho's United is showing much in the way of improvement recently, so how is he planning on taking the next steps?

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Der Shovel posted:

I'm just kinda afraid that this was "Mourinho's season", that this would've been the one where his team grinds out the trophy only to fall apart the season after when all his bullying, blaming and piss poor man management pays out, and that the plan was ruined by Pep's City being unbelievably good.

Alternatively, this might be good for Mourinho, breaking his usual cycle. It's time for him to show he either has or can develop the adaptability that other great managers have demonstrated in the past. One of SAF's greatest strengths was being able to rise to challenges and change his approach to the game and to management, as players became bigger celebrities, Arseneball, Mourinho's Chelsea, City's money, etc. It's an opportunity for Mourinho to show he can adapt and remould himself, or finally be shown up as a manager that's Pretty Good short term with enough money spent.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I want David Gill back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Der Shovel posted:

Pep's City probably won't be this good next season, but they will still be very good. Liverpool probably won't implode comically as funny as that would be, so competition at the top will be fierce. Nothing from Mourinho's United is showing much in the way of improvement recently, so how is he planning on taking the next steps?

100 million on Bale who replaces Rashford in terms of minutes on the pitch plus another 100 million on whoever "breaks out" at the World Cup.

• Locked thread