Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Like goddamn Bayonetta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
We were talking about Pokémon Snakewood in the discord and boy howdy what a waste of everyone's time that is. I'm sure we've all had the passing thought "I could make a Pokémon game!" but boy. Pokémon but zombies is about as lazy as you could go.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Countblanc posted:

I just remembered that Darkrai has weird tiny legs and it seriously fucks me up

they're not tiny just thin. they're like as long as it is normally

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Countblanc posted:

I just remembered that Darkrai has weird tiny legs and it seriously fucks me up

It has Gardevoir legs

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

oddium posted:

they're not tiny just thin. they're like as long as it is normally

tiny horizontally rather than vertically

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
it should have a single big beefy leg like trogdor's arm

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

I Like Darkrai's Legs

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
I love Darkrai's dainty feet and imagine it makes this sound everywhere:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZafZLCmjYDE

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Bogart posted:

We were talking about Pokémon Snakewood in the discord and boy howdy what a waste of everyone's time that is. I'm sure we've all had the passing thought "I could make a Pokémon game!" but boy. Pokémon but zombies is about as lazy as you could go.

The fakemon for it are inspired, though. I'm find of Dragon.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Darkrai has petite feet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3SZ4lSvH9o

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

sharrrk posted:

I Like Darkrai's Legs

Oh dude they need to show them off more. I feel like it just adds the finishing touches to a good design.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Dienes posted:

I love how they go "TTGL reference." to "Someone wearing Kamina's glasses." before just saying gently caress it and having "Actually Kamina, Really"

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
you: secretegg
me: hyperegg

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Just did the Eevee Quest again in USUM (I still had a few postgame loose ends to tie up) for the first time since SM. Still by far the bleakest, darkest sequence in the entire series. Oof.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Tag yourself, I'm radiorange

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
im Giga Wolf Dragoone. natch

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

less laughter posted:

It has Gardevoir legs

Could be worse

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Raserys posted:

Tag yourself, I'm radiorange

i'm the entire "-madio" line

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
im Glute, Bute and Nute

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

It ain't no Waluigi with Bayonetta legs, or Zero Suit Ridley, but it's better than nothing

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

they're beautiful...

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Dienes posted:

I cant decide if im A Monster or rocklobster

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

my favorite pokemon is the old man dropping his hat

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Fly me to Mt. Moon

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Manatee Cannon posted:

my favorite pokemon is the old man dropping his hat

Senex

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Dienes posted:

I'm going to invite Telson to live in the waters near Tarrytown.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Two Questions about Legendaries in the wormholes:

1) When does their shininess get determined? When I activate the battle or when their cutscene plays?

2) Do they have that improved rate?

e: 3) You can catch multiple UBs right?

Senerio fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Apr 16, 2018

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Finally finished UM today after picking it up on launch. Took some dumb pictures to commemorate the hall of famers.

Hone Claws/High Jump Kick/Acrobatics Hawlucha ended up being my MVP by the end. Wrestlebird is the best bird.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Mega Darkrai looks great!

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Senerio posted:

Two Questions about Legendaries in the wormholes:

1) When does their shininess get determined? When I activate the battle or when their cutscene plays?

2) Do they have that improved rate?

e: 3) You can catch multiple UBs right?

1)When you battle them.
2)Their rate is not increased.
3)Yes. They can also be shiny.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

You can get unlimited numbers of Nihilego, Buzzwole, Pheromosa, Xurkitree, Celesteela, Kartana, and Guzzlord (as appropriate for your version), but only limited amounts of Poipole/Naganadel, Stakataka, and Blacephalon.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Finished Episode RR last night. I was having a good time doing it with an unbalanced, underleveled group of Pokemon that didn't make it into my main party, but holy poo poo that final boss. That is the most legitimately difficult fight I have ever seen in a Pokémon game, like actually borderline impossible without a very specific kind of Pokémon or (I guess) the stat-boosting items. If you don't have a Pokémon that is strong against Fighting, has an attack that's strong against Psychic, is fast enough to go first, and strong enough to one-shot just about anything, you are in for a bad time. I had to swap in my L100 Honchkrow when I was running with a party <L70 before that, and I think I still only won because I got a lucky crit off Night Slash.

Edit: Or I guess Toxic would work, but I forgot to try it.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Apr 16, 2018

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Looker is the police he can't be chaotic

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I recently found out about Touhou Puppet Dance Performance, the standalone Touhou x Pokemon crossover game that was made after people decided it should be its own game rather than a romhack. Ignoring the theming and characters and everything, there's a lot of QoL changes that makes me really sad that real Pokemon will never implement anything close to them.

After every battle, any Pokemon that gains exp also gains some number of something called PP. Instead of EVs from battle, you can just manually assign EVs to stats any time freely. Also, you can freely add/relearn moves at any time. TMs are reusable and HMs are replaced with use items, but Pokemon has already moved that way with SuMo. Pokemon with more than 1 ability can switch between the abilities in a menu totally freely. Lastly, instead of evolution TPDP has combat styles, that are basically evolution but you can switch between them freely. All of these systems cost PP to use, like adding 4 EVs to a stat costs 1 PP and changing a move costs 20 or so.

Also, general QoL changes: Pokemon now have a rating next to all their stats between S/A+ to F on their stats screen showing the relative IV in that stat, and the stat boosted by nature is highlighted blue (TPDP only has +stat natures rather than +/- natures). Catching Pokemon is different, where you use the Pokeball on the Pokemon first and then you have 2-3 turns to KO the Pokemon, where they are captured automatically when KOed. I don't really agree that either of these changes are particularly good but they do make things easier to interact with.

Obviously it's not anyone else's call on how much QoL Gamefreak thinks should be implemented in the games, because they want to maintain the feel of things being simple and Pokemon of the same species being distinct from each other. That said, these kind of features are things I would really appreciate actually playing the games. That's my story I was just wondering how people feel about these pretty extreme QoL features (I don't know if the game gives you a way to modify natures/IVs later on but SuMo already added bottlecaps for IVs).

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

cheetah7071 posted:

Looker is the police he can't be chaotic

What world do you live in?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

the lawful neutral galactic lady looks like a medicham

Bongo Bill