Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Nakanes development into a social media obsessed depressed salaryman was probably something I should have seen coming

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Plutonis posted:

Nakanes development into a social media obsessed depressed salaryman was probably something I should have seen coming

I didn't even realize it was that guy until the second chapter.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
lol at Kaiji going all galaxy brain with this one poker poo poo

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

You mock Kaiji but his opponent is the fearsome Kazuya Fiveaces.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Hypocrisy posted:

You mock Kaiji but his opponent is the fearsome Kazuya Fiveaces.

I think they are using like 3 decks of cards in the machine.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Triple release today, it's good.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
FINALLY

I'm surprised that Kazuya actually didn't cheat with all these aces at the beginning, i was sure of that for a long time what the gently caress.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Symbolic Butt posted:

FINALLY

I'm surprised that Kazuya actually didn't cheat with all these aces at the beginning, i was sure of that for a long time what the gently caress.

It made sense to me. There's no real reason to cheat that early and it's probably not so fun for a sadist to end things so quickly. What surprised me is that the second pair of aces wasn't cheated for.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Feb 6, 2018

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Kazuya meddled with the last game too, but only when it started not to go the way it 'should'. In this case I think so long as he was doing okay he didn't feel the need to cheat, but when the game became irregular and he suffered a long losing streak he felt entitled to correct it becoming 'unfair'. And now he's justified his cheating to himself retroactively by Kaiji responding in kind.

He likes the idea of a fair gambling duel, but makes up excuses to change things whenever they deviate too much from his expectations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
2 more chapter for One poker are out.

Kazuya is still cheating with an advantage he has that Kaiji does not.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Feb 14, 2018

JfishPirate
Jun 24, 2006
I have been grossly misinformed about witches.
New anime coming, based on the Tonegawa manga.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-02-16/kaiji-spinoff-manga-tonegawa-gets-tv-anime-this-year-by-madhouse/.127826

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Akagi is over

http://fkmtkrazy.blogspot.com/2018/02/tohai-densetsu-akagi-yami-ni-oritatta.html

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Bit surprising thought we would do the third arc of Kaiji first.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
I always thought we would get a Kurosawa anime

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

we're never getting a zero part 3 are we

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
New Kaiji stuff and it is looking like its the end soon.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I've been waiting for Kazuya to be forced to play his red life but I'm actually not sure what Kaiji's insight was. Perhaps he's relying on Kazuya's luck (the man did pocket aces twice fairly) to give him a 2 which he'll use thinking Kaiji has an ace.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Is the Tonegawa manga about Tonegawa from Kaiji or some other Tonegawa-looking dude, cause I remember reading somewhere it wasn't necessarily supposed to be the same guy.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

Is the Tonegawa manga about Tonegawa from Kaiji or some other Tonegawa-looking dude, cause I remember reading somewhere it wasn't necessarily supposed to be the same guy.

it's the tonegawa from kaiji dude, hyodou is on it

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
when kaiji said he was going to turn into a monster i started yelling

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Plutonis posted:

it's the tonegawa from kaiji dude, hyodou is on it
Sweet, I'm down.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

yeah actually they will posted:

hell, same

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

yeah actually they will posted:

I loving love this dumb gambling manga

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Hopefully this Tonegawa anime introduces me to an awesome band, like Kaiji s2 did with Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas! Man they rock.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
I wonder if those ads with the girl at the ending of episodes will be back. Those were hella weird.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

is he really going to be able to pull this off

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Kazuya realized he hosed up and could actually die.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Kaiji is going to save everyone's life and live peacefully with his billion yen and never gamble or cry again

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

never gamble or cry again
Woah now, let's not be too hasty here.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
cant wait for chang and mario to immediately betray kaiji as soon as one poker ends

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I figure it'll just go on to the logical conclusion where he wins but saves Kazuya's life for some reason, then after paying Chang/Mario off their shares goes straight on to challenge Kazuya's dad because "I can't possibly lose! This is for the people he killed!"

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Fabricated posted:

I figure it'll just go on to the logical conclusion where he wins but saves Kazuya's life for some reason, then after paying Chang/Mario off their shares goes straight on to challenge Kazuya's dad because "I can't possibly lose! This is for the people he killed!"

How long do you think Kaiji has been awake for? This is all on the same day as Minefield Mahjongg right?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Pewdiepie posted:

How long do you think Kaiji has been awake for? This is all on the same day as Minefield Mahjongg right?

Yep same night.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I read Buraiden Gai and it kicked rear end. It'd work really well as a live action movie I think. The way that sentences are structured and broken up into twenty different balloons in Fukumoto manga is infecting my brain as well

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It appears Kaiji has won, but there is a different issue coming up.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
Quadchapter Kaiji update!!! It takes all four chapters to reveal what the cards are.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Kazuya screwed himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
at the end of chapter 245 when it said "TIME IS STOPPED" i felt like fkmt was just loving with us