Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
People trying to get on social media at the gym:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

TotalLossBrain posted:

If they really wanted to scare people off from using their wifi, they could have run the name through google translate to arabic or russian first.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I'm a little upset my area doesn't have a Next Door group

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Just follow BestOfNextDoor on Twitter. You'll save yourself from combing through 99% mindnumbing suburbia bullshit.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/calebecarma/status/985972948405284864

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

TotalLossBrain posted:

They're just trying to make swole dudes get some cardio.

RUN BEEFCAKE RUN

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

What kind of idiot looks at any wifi name and assumes it's actually whatever it says it is? That goes for poo poo like "police" or "FBI SURVEILLANCE" or whatever.

God people are stupid.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Judging from the name and gimmick, that's most likely some kind of troll account.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Puppy Time posted:

Judging from the name and gimmick, that's most likely some kind of troll account.

Yeah nobody would seriously say Eminem is "classy"

...right?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Puppy Time posted:

Most internet racists started out being racist ironically.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Scathach posted:

What kind of idiot looks at any wifi name and assumes it's actually whatever it says it is? That goes for poo poo like "police" or "FBI SURVEILLANCE" or whatever.

God people are stupid.

Yeah, like there’s a "CIA Data Collection " in my area. The CIA wouldn’t be operating in Canada, they’d get CSIS to do it.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

I'm pretty sure important stuff is hidden anyway, or at the very least named poo poo like "grammas wifi" or "qwerty12345."

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Skwirl posted:

Most internet racists started out being racist ironically.

Not quite. Most pretended their racism was ironic.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Yeah, like there’s a "CIA Data Collection " in my area. The CIA wouldn’t be operating in Canada, they’d get CSIS to do it.

Actually The CIA is supposed to only operate in foreign countries and it's probably the same rule for CSIS, so the CIA is spying on Canadians and CSIS is spying on Americans and then they constantly swap data.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!
I make my wifi names passive aggressive messages to my neighbors.

Hits include: "Yourdogsaretooloud" and "Whyyouhavesomanytrucks?" and "mowyourlawn3119"

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Scathach posted:

God people are stupid.

Nextdoor keeps on giving (posted previously, but very fitting rn):

My own WiFi name is NSA is watching you poop.
But nobody has ever complained about it.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

"ALL COPS ARE BUTTHOLES AND YOUR GRANDSON'S A PUSSY"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

In the house that you live in don't all your devices automatically sync with your own wifi?

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

Someone in my campus housing has a wifi called "OH MY HYOID" and someone else has "[name] is GODDESS."

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Steam forums count, right?

https://twitter.com/remembrancermx/status/985714453978136576

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

puppets freak me out
Dec 18, 2015

TotalLossBrain posted:

Nextdoor keeps on giving (posted previously, but very fitting rn):

My own WiFi name is NSA is watching you poop.
But nobody has ever complained about it.

Must be hard to raise Mike Pence's clone.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

puppets freak me out posted:

Must be hard to raise Mike Pence's clone.

Keeping him away from horses until he has a wife is probably the most hellish thing. Sneaks out of Bible Camp to visit Buttercup on Brokedick Mountain.

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles

I've never interacted with this person but they blocked me anyway. Huh.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Scathach posted:

God people are stupid.

if only 'eat a dick 8=======D~~~' had worked

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

christ, read this if you want, I'm gonna be in the shower.

This is great if you imagine it is Pete Holme's version of Sherlock.

https://youtu.be/eKQOk5UlQSc

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Skwirl posted:

Actually The CIA is supposed to only operate in foreign countries and it's probably the same rule for CSIS, so the CIA is spying on Canadians and CSIS is spying on Americans and then they constantly swap data.

CSIS totally operates in Canada, even though they aren’t ‘supposed to.’ My mom got an agent sent to South America because she reported him to the RCMP after seeing him speeding through a school zone, and CSIS refused to let him answer any questions. CSIS is pretty lame and terrible, overall.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Fillip is great.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

what a sklodowska that guy

e: turn's out that's marie curie's middle name

Doc Hawkins has a new favorite as of 07:45 on Apr 17, 2018

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.
Idiots on Social Media: Like that but cat

Judas Horse
Mar 24, 2018

ey im walkin simulator here

Big Centipede posted:

I've never interacted with this person but they blocked me anyway. Huh.

It's possible you're caught in one of several blockbot accounts. Which can range anywhere from "once was mean to me online" to "literal Nazis" to "untagged pictures of things I don't like".

I got caught in one a few years ago on my old twitter for defending a black woman's perspective that a white blockbot owner didn't like. :shobon:

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles

Judas Horse posted:

It's possible you're caught in one of several blockbot accounts. Which can range anywhere from "once was mean to me online" to "literal Nazis" to "untagged pictures of things I don't like".

I got caught in one a few years ago on my old twitter for defending a black woman's perspective that a white blockbot owner didn't like. :shobon:

I do post a lot of pictures of insects

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

A former coworker is a gold mine for hilarious IOSM content.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Judas Horse posted:

They're amazingly unreliable. See also: TERFblocker, which had an impressive number of trans people and allies blocked for no good reason. See also: TERFblockist, its successor, suffering from the exact same problem.

WildZeo
Feb 28, 2011

Never piss off someone who runs your social media

https://twitter.com/BuyBritishMilk/status/985890940484247552

Screenshot for posterity

May turn out to be a stunt, but I want to believe.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"I've changed the password"

*other person sharing the account tweets using the same account*

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

WildZeo posted:

Never piss off someone who runs your social media

https://twitter.com/BuyBritishMilk/status/985890940484247552

Screenshot for posterity

May turn out to be a stunt, but I want to believe.

No check mark, vague story about “data use,” and someone else using the account after the password is changed. Gonna guess it’s nonsense.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
you better watch your tone data graham or you too will join donna in the no man milk zone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
https://twitter.com/BuyBritishMilk/status/851718541476810752
https://twitter.com/BuyBritishMilk/status/869797588819734528
https://twitter.com/BuyBritishMilk/status/740217083275972608

hm yes