Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

My manager adjusted the schedule at work in case I had minor surgery yesterday so I could have today off and work tomorrow instead. I didn't notice. I stayed 5 hours today anyway, but now I don't get to sleep in tomorrow like I usually do.

I also didn't have my surgery yesterday. So I get to wait some more for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

For some reason the weirdest part of that to me is the fact he gave you jewelry on a first date.

Agreed. All things you receive on dates should go inside of your body.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
I'm tired as poo poo after my shift last night, I have to write like 1400 words of essay by tomorrow evening (I should have started earlier but between work and uni work and being tired as poo poo all the time I didn't), I can barely process the words I'm trying to read and now my back's started aching. Getting real tempted to call in sick for tomorrow and put off a lot of essay until I'm more awake and less miserable.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

My old roommate invited me and one of my other friends to dinner tonight after he and his boyfriend got back from Italy. I thought he was gonna ask us to stand up in his wedding, but instead he told us that his boyfriend cheated on him halfway through the trip and he was asking if one of us could let him move in for a week while he sorted his life. This took like 5 martinis for him tobring up, so we''re all pretty drunk. I'm kinda pissed off about this whole thing because I was telling him before the trip not to think that his boyfriend was gonna propose, but I never imagined this. Worst part is I have to see his exboyfriend tomorrow for a work event and all I'm gonna wanna do is punch him in his stupid loving cheating face, but I can't. It's gonna be hard to be the face of the bank when I wanna loving scream at the douchebag that just broke my friend's heart. gently caress that guy. Maybe I'll call in sick. I probably should.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
My work flooded so now I have to work out of head office this week. This sucks. :saddowns:

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I'm going to have to interact with my terrible doctor's office again far sooner than anticipated.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

John Murdoch posted:

I got called for jury duty and feel unwell about it.

I genuinely like jury duty. But then again my work is such that I don't miss out on anything and get paid in full.

It's a fun little vacation where you get to see the dumbest motherfuckers in town.
Last time I was scheduled for two days, 9-5.

Each day they excused us just after 10 so basically got two days free vacation.

Edit: It double helps that the first time I did it was a murder trial that could have been a movie. That poo poo was WILD.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Inzombiac posted:

I genuinely like jury duty. But then again my work is such that I don't miss out on anything and get paid in full.

It's a fun little vacation where you get to see the dumbest motherfuckers in town.
Last time I was scheduled for two days, 9-5.

Each day they excused us just after 10 so basically got two days free vacation.

Edit: It double helps that the first time I did it was a murder trial that could have been a movie. That poo poo was WILD.

The time before last I went in for jury duty it was 4 days of PAINFULLY slow selection that took the entire day each time. I thought we were almost done on day 3, as they had picked the jury and all the alternates but then some guy picked earlier realized he wasn't going to be excused so he piped up about some stupid reason he JUST thought of that he shouldn't be selected and absolutely killed all the momentum and extended us into another day. I started out excited to be doing my civic duty, and I was legitimately going insane by the end.

The last time, I was the last person randomly selected for the jury on day 2, and then immediately eliminated by the prosecution using their last veto before I answered a single question. I was loving celebrating all the way home.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
In my case I've got a tall stack of mental health issues and I honestly don't believe I can function through the entire process. A lot of the specificities of service are also custom designed to gently caress me over even more. I'm finally getting the ball rolling on getting a proper diagnosis for all this poo poo, and as a bonus maybe I'll start feeling better too.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
Was sick yesterday and husband wasn't feeling well. Decided to sleep on it, didn't get much sleep for worrying.
Today, husband felt worse to the point of taking him to the ER. I have a huge fear of hospitals, so between my anxiety and my worrying about him, I gave myself a massive headache, and have been painfully constipated. Then, when we came home, cat pooped in the middle of the hallway, because why not.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My body decided to flip a coin on how it'd feel today (tired and exhausted or fidgety and anxious), and it landed on the edge.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

MisterBibs posted:

My body decided to flip a coin on how it'd feel today (tired and exhausted or fidgety and anxious), and it landed on the edge.

I’m both, every day. Also tie in the fact that something is wrong with my brain to the point that I think I have a brain tumor or something. Every day is a bad day.

Not trying to compete, I’m just sad&frustrated I guess :smith:

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

I found a baby bat at work, animal control doesn’t have anyone on staff for 7 hours. When they get here they’re gonna have to put him down and test for rabies. I get to watch this cute baby for his last hours on earth.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Still no luck on the fulltime job front. I've got applications that are 'being processed' now, but I won't hear anything back unless they decide to schedule an interview. If they decide against me, I won't know unless I login and check the status myself.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Two of my coworkers have been having a heated political discussion for the past half an hour and I'm trapped in my office because I have panic attacks if I hear even a cordial political discussion. Thank gently caress I can close my office door and turn up my music but I really wish I wasn't like this. gently caress the entire last 1.5 years.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Two of my coworkers have been having a heated political discussion for the past half an hour and I'm trapped in my office because I have panic attacks if I hear even a cordial political discussion. Thank gently caress I can close my office door and turn up my music but I really wish I wasn't like this. gently caress the entire last 1.5 years.

Oh god me too. My family loves to make fun of me for it, and then proceed to discuss almost literally nothing else when I'm around.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Astrofig posted:

Oh god me too. My family loves to make fun of me for it, and then proceed to discuss almost literally nothing else when I'm around.

Solidarity my anxiety-ridden comrade. :saddowns::hf::saddowns: I can't even have a political conversation with someone I agree with, I just start getting *so* angry.

Rotten Red Rod has a new favorite as of 21:32 on Apr 11, 2018

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
The past couple of times I've gone to the bathroom, it's looked like their was a murder in the toilet afterwards.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

We Know Catheters posted:

The past couple of times I've gone to the bathroom, it's looked like their was a murder in the toilet afterwards.

Solid username post combo!

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

We Know Catheters posted:

If your piss or poo poo is bright red it’s very serious and you HAVE to go to a doctor.

If it’s just diarrhea just take some pesto bismol.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Thin Privilege posted:

If your piss or poo poo is bright red it’s very serious and you HAVE to go to a doctor.

If it’s just diarrhea just take some pesto bismol.

If it's bright red then it's probably rear end in a top hat problems. Now black shits, that means internal bleeding and then you're in trouble.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Bright red is usually just hemorrhoids. Coffee ground/black tar/oreo shits are dangerous.

Peeing red is almost never benign though get that poo poo checked out.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Or the poster is a girl and it's her period

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I work nights and am normally pretty good about righting my sleep schedule... but it's been 3 days into my time off and I'm sleeping in 4-hour blocks at the weirdest hours. It has me all wonked out. I'm still managing to be productive though, so that's good :unsmith:.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Rotten Red Rod posted:

lol that it took this long

The internet is for Boys

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Women know when it’s period blood red and can tell the difference if it’s something else. Women like, know their bodies.

Also, period red blood lasts for like, a day or two, and only if you’re using pads. The more you know :eng101:

Another consideration is that you could have eaten beets. One time I went to a Russian party and ate a ton of beet salad, forgot I ate it when the next day I was peeing crazy red and I was freaking out until I remembered... beets.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You know that post could just mean it was a mess.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Mom's having one of her cleaning rampages. Nothing gets the anxiety pumping like having someone obsessively pick through your belongings and throw them away! She knows it does, too, and seems to enjoy that.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

My new promotion kicks in next week just as I'm going on vacation. I've been getting run ragged with all the new responsibilities and expectations that they've been throwing my way. I significantly underestimated the sheer amount of pressure and competition (not just outside of my firm, but within it as well) this position has. It's been a couple of weeks and it feels like I'm trying to drink from the fire hose between learning all the new information, reaching out to an entirely new book of business, and my own peers lunging into my book trying to tear people away before I even get to talk to them.

Bringing it up brought laughs from my upper management and a "welcome to the big leagues" attitude. A few of the other people that do my job took me out to celebrate this Saturday and let me know that this is just how it is. I know I can do this job, but I have a feeling it's gonna keep me up at night and I'm gonna be taking things home with me, which I honestly haven't done in years.

My first check from the new position hits in 2 months. It better be worth it.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I have a nasty cold with a sore throat and I'm going to be around sick people at work tonight. I should call out, but I already have too many call-outs in the last year (despite ample PTO), and the Shift Supervisor is a bitch on-toast who scares my toughest co-workers including my bosses. This is the same woman who told me to "get over" my dead dog when I called-out two nights in a row after euthanizing her. It's a no-win situation, and the patients I'm going to be around are the ones who will pay the price.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

mind the walrus posted:

I have a nasty cold with a sore throat and I'm going to be around sick people at work tonight. I should call out, but I already have too many call-outs in the last year (despite ample PTO), and the Shift Supervisor is a bitch on-toast who scares my toughest co-workers including my bosses. This is the same woman who told me to "get over" my dead dog when I called-out two nights in a row after euthanizing her. It's a no-win situation, and the patients I'm going to be around are the ones who will pay the price.

Is there a way you can document this, so if anything does happen you can make sure Rampaging Bitchtits gets the blame?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Not really. Any nosocomial infections would be impossible tie to me definitively.

I am capable of the work. I just shouldn't be doing it. A dirty secret in hospitals is that you're expected to show up unless you're actively dying... And even then when I actually was actively dying they gave me poo poo. I've seen people working with 103 fevers and vommiting.

The night has been ok, just unpleasant. We have full staff and good people, but I've had to literally grapple and subdue multiple dementia patients in between coughing up green sludge. I will sleep like the dead.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Hey, at least in Burn when we even have the slightest sniffle they send us home. Even to the point of floating peds nurses up to burn to cover the floor when a burn nurse stays home. Something about most of our patients having square feet of missing skin/open wounds.

Makes it impossible to build PTO, though, as you're always using it :argh:.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

My legs won't stop bruising and there's nothing I can do about it. I have two conditions that can cause it seemingly randomly. They're all intense purple black too. LAME.

Judas Horse
Mar 24, 2018

ey im walkin simulator here
I missed an exam because I don't like attending the lectures and they finished the study packets early.

Kind of my fault but the guy who teaches it is this like 70 year old man who cannot stop comparing literally everything to sex. He can't even mention the climax of a forest without talking about orgasms or Charles Manson? For some reason? It's super uncomfy.

Thankfully another professor is like "hey I teach that class come to mine next year" so that's cool.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
My eczema, after being in easily hidden locations for all my life, has spread to my hands. I already have issues with being self-conscious. This has tanked my self-image.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
My aunt died last night. We weren't particularly close, hadn't been since I was a kid, but it really loving sucks. I had to leave work this morning. I kept starting to cry in front of my bosses and I can't think about anything else.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

My boss made a series of bad decisions and the consequences are going to fall on us and the rain starts today.

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Judas Horse posted:

I missed an exam because I don't like attending the lectures and they finished the study packets early.

Kind of my fault but the guy who teaches it is this like 70 year old man who cannot stop comparing literally everything to sex. He can't even mention the climax of a forest without talking about orgasms or Charles Manson? For some reason? It's super uncomfy.

Thankfully another professor is like "hey I teach that class come to mine next year" so that's cool.

You need to let the school know that this is happening, if he's making you too uncomfortable to attend class because of sexual remarks that is super not okay. If he's making you feel that way for sure you're not the only one.

e: even if the school sucks and does nothing about him you should at least be able to get withdrawn from the class, don't take a lovely grade cause the professor is a creep

Dave Grool has a new favorite as of 01:05 on Apr 20, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I forgot to get my meds refilled and have missed two days worth of doses so I'm manic af and can't go to the chemist until lunch time.