Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
senku's also not really the authoritarian type. he tries to get people to help him with stuff, then moves on to other stuff without micromanaging anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

My favorite parts of the chapter were Kaseki's character moment where he admits he's been coasting along in life, and now that Senku's driving him to push his skills to the limit he's having so much fun.

The other bit was where Chrome had an idea represented as a spark of electricity, but he shook his head and changed it to a lightbulb since that's what they're rolling with now. :3:

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014

amigolupus posted:

The other bit was where Chrome had an idea represented as a spark of electricity, but he shook his head and changed it to a lightbulb since that's what they're rolling with now. :3:

And that last time Suika had an idea, it was a lit torch.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
It's great how every chapter gives a feeling of "Science, gently caress YEAH!" I love how every step is a step forward towards technological advancement, while simultaneously solving some of their immediate issues. It also shows how technology causes a redistribution of labor, moving manpower from labor intensive jobs to jobs that requires precision and ingenuity.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
New chapter involves a lot of rad stuff happening.

And progress is made possible again thanks to someone other than Senku, who gave up even. Suika to the rescue!

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Dragonatrix posted:

New chapter involves a lot of rad stuff happening.

And progress is made possible again thanks to someone other than Senku, who gave up even. Suika to the rescue!

And next chapter is going to involve Magma! He’s been the odd man out of the Village and a dick when he first appeared. Wonder how Senku is going to win him over? Cause at this point I can see Magma becoming a traitor and joining Sukasa’s side.

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Apr 13, 2018

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

those color pages look real nice

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014

SgtSteel91 posted:

And next chapter is going to involve Magma! He’s been the odd man out of the Village and a dick when he first appeared. Wonder how Senku is going to win him over? Cause at this point I can see Magma becoming a traitor and joining Sukasa’s side.

I knew it was coming sooner or later, it's the Magma friendship arc!

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I’ve been wondering how Senku would actually deliver the radio to Taiju and Yuzuria.

Maybe he’ll win over Magma, and have him pretend to join Sukasa’s side, while smuggling in the Radio?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Really really fun chapter and I really appreciated the warm moment with Gen. Right now he's the only person who can fully sympathise with Senku I think.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

I really like those little moments that remind you that those guys are from the modern age.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I also really appreciate Gen as a secondary modern perspective who's not a total moron like Taiju. He obviously can't keep up with Senku and doesn't get most of the finer details but he at least has the frame of reference necessary for most of it to know more or less what's going on. His aside of "I mean I've heard the term 'vacuum tube' before but hell if I know what that actually is" was a nice little inclusion.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Gen would be my favorite character if everyone else wasn't also my favorite character

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Old man crafter is the best

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i'm holding out for magma to make the ultimate face turn so he can be mine

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

TriffTshngo posted:

I also really appreciate Gen as a secondary modern perspective who's not a total moron like Taiju. He obviously can't keep up with Senku and doesn't get most of the finer details but he at least has the frame of reference necessary for most of it to know more or less what's going on. His aside of "I mean I've heard the term 'vacuum tube' before but hell if I know what that actually is" was a nice little inclusion.

Yeah, I like Gen quite a bit. His skill is also pretty cool and potentially useful. It's honestly hard to figure out how Taiju and his girlfriend will fit in when they finally return, given they're both pretty dang boring compared with most of our science village cast.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah, I like Gen quite a bit. His skill is also pretty cool and potentially useful. It's honestly hard to figure out how Taiju and his girlfriend will fit in when they finally return, given they're both pretty dang boring compared with most of our science village cast.

i have confidence that the competent writer of this series will make sure that they get any kind of development instead of just dropping them back in as they were

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Just binged this series. As a chemical engineer I give this series 10 billion gently caress yeas.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Taiju's girl is supposed to be great at handicrafts in general so I imagine she'll be getting them upgraded to proper clothes.

Taiju might be tougher than a lot of the other villagers if he gets over his pacifism. Or he might just get killed or something.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
a proficiency in handicrafts means she'll be the old man's successor as the expert craftsman

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

EmmyOk posted:

He will and it's going to insane when he does!

I'm glad someone read the OP in part at least :3:

Taiju is going to beat the poo poo out of Tsukasa

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Patware posted:

i'm holding out for magma to make the ultimate face turn so he can mine

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Taiju will advance their food production to an agricultural society by using his endless stamina to plow fields.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
So, I checked Wikipedia out of curiosity, and it looks like they're going to have to make an acid out of the ore, and then precipitate the tungsten out of that, which is neat. But... how are they going to actually work it? They can't possibly reach the kind of temperatures you need to work tungsten, can they?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Cold forging with brute force I guess?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Zerilan posted:

Taiju will advance their food production to an agricultural society by using his endless stamina to plow fields.

I'm picturing roshi's training from dragon ball but with taiju here

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

I'm picturing roshi's training from dragon ball but with taiju here

Now I'm suspecting the scene in Dragon Ball Super where Krillin and Piccolo help pick vegetables is totally a callback to this.

I should really watch OG Dragon Ball sometime.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

there are a few callbacks in super, like how goku replays his last fight with his grandpa at baba's while waiting for freeza

og dragon ball is good, tho I find the super early stuff kinda painful to wade through these days

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Manatee Cannon posted:

there are a few callbacks in super, like how goku replays his last fight with his grandpa at baba's while waiting for freeza

og dragon ball is good, tho I find the super early stuff kinda painful to wade through these days

I started re-watching a month ago and am almost done with Red Ribbon arc. I know exactly what you mean when you say that. There’s a lot of stuff that involves Bulma that is :yikes:

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Dr. Stone, Chapter 55

"There's no way that science could ever be boring!"

That's pretty much the thesis of this manga

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
Dr. Stone is just such an amazing manga. For me, Dr Stone is to science as Eyeshield 21 is to football: those without interest will definitely become interested, those with interest will be super excited about each new chapter.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Is gen triple crossing
Never actually crossing

What the gently caress is he up to

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

his diabolical scheme to make the village soda addicts so senku is forced to make more is finally in motion

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I'm happy that I finally managed to get in on (almost) the ground floor of a manga that's shaping up to be *really good*.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Is gen triple crossing
Never actually crossing

Placing my bet now that it's like, a surprise birthday party for Senku. I can't see any possible reason that Gen would try to go back--Senku's repeatedly delivered on providing the kind of modern comforts that he's clearly aren't possible back in meatheadland.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Is gen triple crossing
Never actually crossing

i think he's just an rear end in a top hat

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the gen page is a red herring imo

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
If this manga goes long term and doesn't end after they deal with Tsukasa, Gen would make a lot of sense as a villain. He's really intelligent and his character is a mentalist so he should be good at manipulating people in a way where they don't even know they're being manipulated. I think he's pretty loyal to Senku at the moment though.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Senku is going to switch to only making diet soda because the village has gotten fat from relying on technology. Gen starts the World War Cola arc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

The Lord of Hats posted:

Placing my bet now that it's like, a surprise birthday party for Senku. I can't see any possible reason that Gen would try to go back--Senku's repeatedly delivered on providing the kind of modern comforts that he's clearly aren't possible back in meatheadland.

Yeah, a secret party or something like it. Maybe getting some stuff ready for New Year's.
He probably told Magma to buy him time.

Betrayals are reserved for after a big obstacle has been cleared.