Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Liquid Communism posted:

Guns are also slightly GWM in that you can usually sell them for most of what you paid for them. More if they've become more desirable since you bought them.

That crate of Mosins I didn’t buy before sanctions...

:downsgun:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Liquid Communism posted:

I love the 'effective 40% tax rate' as if they can't afford a CPA.

Guns are also slightly GWM in that you can usually sell them for most of what you paid for them. More if they've become more desirable since you bought them.

I actually posted in a guy’s thread a bit ago: I bought a Swiss WWII surplus rifle back in 2010 and six years later it was worth $500-600. That’s an edge case, but yeah, they’re durable goods that tend to go for around what you got them for unless you gently caress them up or something newer and cooler came out since. Unlike a car that drops in value like a rock.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Or if you got one of those CMP M1 Garands while the getting was still good.

SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X

quote:

How can I [31f] give my boyfriend [30m] down payment money in a smart way
https://www.reddit.com/r/personalfinance/comments/86e7ft/how_can_i_31f_give_my_boyfriend_30m_down_payment/

My boyfriend of 2 years and I have been planning to buy a house together. We both realize this could be very messy if we break up (which of course we don't plan to do but you never know). We are not concerned about getting married. We've decided that we need to protect ourselves from the worst case scenario. But while I'm reading a lot of posts about the same topic, I can't quite find the right details for our situation.

My lease is up July 1st. I have $15k to contribute toward the house and intend to pay for half of all the household expenses thereafter. He is putting in $30k. We make similar money currently. But I have a lot of student loan debt since I'm still in school and I don't think I'll be approved to be on the mortgage. We've decided that the best thing to do to protect us both is for him to buy and I will "rent" from him.

If we break up, I only want my $15k back (I know I am not going to want to deal with getting myself off the mortgage) but I know if I have to write him a gift letter I will have to state that I do not want that money back. If I just give it to him now so it can season in his account for 3 months, I can avoid the gift letter but my lease will end before he is able to close on the house.

What is the best way to go about this so that he can use my money but I'll still be entitled to it back should we break up?

TL;dr planning to live in house bf is buying. How can I give him down payment money [I had been saving for now defunct joint purchase] and can I get it back if we break up

quote:

I'd MUCH rather be able to easily walk away from something if it goes south than to be stuck in multiple different legal battles at one time if the marriage should fail.
This lady has it all figured out!

quote:

Girlfriend wants to be added on deed
https://www.reddit.com/r/personalfinance/comments/8ct937/girlfriend_wants_to_be_added_on_deed/

Hi all,

Wanted to get some community feedback.

I purchased a house on my own ($146k) when my girlfriend and I first started dating a little over a year ago. I bought a house that may have been a little bit of a reach knowing that she would be moving in shortly. She moved in last summer with the deal that she'd pick up a little under half of the mortgage, taxes, and utilities in what we call 'rent'. With utilities I'm probably paying about $1600-1700 a month and she is contributing $700 and helping with repair costs.

She would like to join the HOA board and would like to be added to the lease. Are there any additional financial implications other than owning half if we were to split? The mortgage is currently in my name with about $132k left. I covered all closing costs with the exception of a 'stamp tax' our town requires.

Any experience where this has gone well or poor would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance. I'm in Illinois if that matters.

quote:

I'm helping my mom buy a house by co-signing. Will I be able to get completely off the title and deed whenever I want to?
https://www.reddit.com/r/personalfinance/comments/8ct2f2/im_helping_my_mom_buy_a_house_by_cosigning_will_i/

Hi, as stated above I'm helping my mom with this new house and I want to be sure my future is secure.

So the situation is: she's getting a new house but needs a co-signer. She asked me, and without doing much research I agreed. So now I'm thinking if this might affect me in the long run if God forbid anything did happen with her not being able to pay for it.

I looked up articles on how to get completely out of it and their not very straight forward. Will I be on the deed and title forever?

Thank you for any help.

OP:

quote:

I lost ~$20-40K in Crypto... Can I report a loss?
https://www.reddit.com/r/personalfinance/comments/8cq0r2/i_lost_2040k_in_crypto_can_i_report_a_loss/

I'm doing my taxes online right now. I have lost $20-40K (nobody really knows when the theft actually occured) in crypto due to a hack/theft, but when I go type it in as a theft/casualty loss, it isn't giving me any deduction since it's not greater than the $6,300 standard deduction I'm already getting for filing as single.

Is this correct? It doesn't seem right to have that much money stolen from me and not be able to get any deduction from it. Should I file this under some other category on the tax form?

Thanks
Q:

quote:

Was the 20-40k theft from unrealized gains or realized gains or initial asset investments?
A:

quote:

Not sure what those things mean. But I bought it and did not sell/transfer/do anything with it at all.

I paid around $15K for it in November. From November to end of December, the value of it fluctuated between $20-50K. And since nobody knows when it was stolen, I can't really determine a FMV at the time of loss.
Looking at his post history, I guess it makes a little more sense. Based on his lack of responses, I thought maybe the BTC had simply tanked and "the market" did the "stealing"...

quote:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nanocurrency/comments/7x2qzt/can_i_get_a_tax_break_from_bitgrail_loss/

I lost 1200+ XRB from BitGrail. Can I report this as a loss on my taxes and get a tax shield of some sort?
Also lmao the "exchange" has what seems like a ponzi scheme on going on to "recover" funds.
https://medium.com/@nanocurrency/nano-foundation-announces-legal-fund-for-bitgrail-victims-b5a39cf02fa8

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the gwm'ness of guns is why everything about them is hosed. because it is extremely bwm to be a gun company

very few industries can credibly say that there haven't been huge revolutions in whatever they make in 50 years. there have been fair improvements but nothing completely revolutionary

cast iron pots are actually this way. that industry went under huge consolidations and liquidations. but the approach of the gun industry was to give money to the nra and have them promote things and promote paranoia in gun peeps, and also undergo huge consolidations anyways

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

bob dobbs is dead posted:

the gwm'ness of guns is why everything about them is hosed. because it is extremely bwm to be a gun company

very few industries can credibly say that there haven't been huge revolutions in whatever they make in 50 years. there have been fair improvements but nothing completely revolutionary

cast iron pots are actually this way. that industry went under huge consolidations and liquidations. but the approach of the gun industry was to give money to the nra and have them promote things and promote paranoia in gun peeps, and also undergo huge consolidations anyways

It's not BWM to be a gun company if you are remotely smart about it. Unfortunately many of the gun companies in the US are owned by private equity at this point (see also Remington/Marlin/Bushmaster, who are all owned by Cerebrus Capital) who aren't content with the company existing for another hundred years if it can't give shareholders increasing dividends year on year and support enormous executive salaries.

CombatInformatiker
Apr 11, 2012

Randler posted:

[...] As functionally capital gains and dividends both reflect stock appreciating in value, it was decided that you only having to pay taxes on capital gains upon disposal was not fair.

So nowadays you have to pay income tax on your stock regardless of whether it pays out dividends or not. If a stock does not pay dividends, the tax base is calculated as follows. Each year a calculatory interest rate is determined that is supposed to reflect the general trend of the market. Based on this calculated interest rate, you pay taxes as if your stock payed out a dividend in the corresponding amount. If, many years later, you dispose of the stock, the taxes you paid on those virtual dividends in the past are offset against the taxes you would pay upon disposal (You get a refund if you make a loss upon disposal).

That is completely wrong.
Capital gains (e.g., profit from buying and selling a stock) and dividends are taxed in the same year as they occur, i.e., the moment the cash is booked to your account. In fact, if your brokerage account is at a German bank, it will automatically deduct tax when a dividend is paid out or when you sell a stock (Abgeltungssteuer of 25% plus 1.375% Solidaritätszuschlag). No further taxes have to be paid on that dividend or profit.

Disregard this post. I'm behind the times and have no idea what's going on in my country.

CombatInformatiker fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Apr 17, 2018

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I remember reading in the Euro thread that Germany's monetary policy is rather BWM for the rest of the EU because it boils down to dragon like hoarding.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

CombatInformatiker posted:

That is completely wrong.
Capital gains (e.g., profit from buying and selling a stock) and dividends are taxed in the same year as they occur, i.e., the moment the cash is booked to your account. In fact, if your brokerage account is at a German bank, it will automatically deduct tax when a dividend is paid out or when you sell a stock (Abgeltungssteuer of 25% plus 1.375% Solidaritätszuschlag). No further taxes have to be paid on that dividend or profit.

You seem unaware that the Investmentsteuerreformgesetz changed the taxation regime for investments from 1 January 2018 onward and did, among other things, introduce the fictional dividend thing.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
This quote really encapsulates our worst timeline.

quote:

“Mellon made his fortune in cryptocurrency, turning a $2 million investment into $1 billion. He is survived by his three children, Force, Olympia and Minty. The family asks that their privacy be respected at this very painful time,” the statement concluded.

http://people.com/style/billionaire-matthew-mellon-dead-mexican-rehab-facility/

The kid’s name may be Minty Mellon, but he/she has an inheritance in Ripple coin to look forward to.

Dawncloack
Nov 26, 2007
ECKS DEE!
Nap Ghost

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I remember reading in the Euro thread that Germany's monetary policy is rather BWM for the rest of the EU because it boils down to dragon like hoarding.

It is horrible with money for the rest, and bad with money for them.

For the rest, because the euro's price is way higher than the price of the peseta, lira, frank, drachma and what have you would be, making our exports way too expensive for the world. We are perpetually hosed. For Germany it's the best racket ever: the euro is cheaper than the Deutsch Mark would be so they are exporting like mofos.

Look at this graph:

It's about trade deficits. Blue is Germany, orange is Greece, yellow is Spain, green is France, brown is Portugal. Data is in milliona of euros, and comes from Eurostat.

Do you notice how, the moment the euro is introduced in 2002, Germany's trade surplus explodes and, in tune with everybody else's trade deficit? Only the financial crisis puts an end to that. Except in France, France is rich they can sustain that for a little longer. There was nothing like that before the euro, nothing comparable. It's harder to collate data from before 1998, since that's as far as Eurostat goes, but if you check the World Bank Open Data website that's what comes out. I don't have those graphs on hand though, but if you are curious, it's free.

It's bad for Germany too because their pig-headed aversion to public spending makes it so there is a ton of working poor and crumbling infrastructure over there.

But the REAL bad with money will start if the current head of the Bundesbank, Jens Weidmann, is made head of the ECB.
The duder does not believe in fiat money, apparently.

... I have found, in the last decade, that one of the biggest tragedies of my life is that practically no one understands basic macroeconomics. Because of that, I am your regular Cassandra, unable to get across to people just how stupid and destructive EU economic policy is.

edit: I labelled my axes like a big boy.

Dawncloack fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Apr 17, 2018

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Krispy Wafer posted:

This quote really encapsulates our worst timeline.

http://people.com/style/billionaire-matthew-mellon-dead-mexican-rehab-facility/

The kid’s name may be Minty Mellon, but he/she has an inheritance in Ripple coin to look forward to.

I need a browser extension that, if "invest" is found in the same sentence as "bitcoin" or "craptocurrency", it gets changed to "gamble".

CombatInformatiker
Apr 11, 2012

Randler posted:

You seem unaware that the Investmentsteuerreformgesetz changed the taxation regime for investments from 1 January 2018 onward and did, among other things, introduce the fictional dividend thing.

Holy crap, I totally missed that! Thanks for the heads-up, and sorry for my harsh words.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Yond Cassius posted:

They don't get the same amount of press, but there are totally single-issue horse voters. They flood Congress with letters and phone calls every time someone tries to do something about the massive overpopulation of wild horses (and the BLM has to spend tens of millions of dollars every year on population management).

Lol this absolutely happens. My father in law is a local politician and he was trying to get a new community center built. Some tea party style opposition formed, and some horse people regularly harassed him about how the proposed center didn't have any horse activities. They claimed there were more horses in the county than people.

Dwight Eisenhower
Jan 24, 2006

Indeed, I think that people want peace so much that one of these days governments had better get out of the way and let them have it.
Hartford Connecticut is bad with money:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-04-05/connecticut-and-hartford-get-2-billion-offer-to-buy-real-estate posted:

Desperate times call for desperate measures. But are Connecticut and its capital, Hartford, desperate enough to sell and lease back their properties and guarantee the buyer a hefty return?

A Chicago-based private equity real estate firm is offering as much as $2 billion to purchase office buildings, health-care facilities, transit-related properties and whatever the governments think they can sell, so long as the buyer gets a 7.25 percent initial return, plus annual rent hikes of 1.5 percent. The offer by Oak Street Real Estate Capital LLC, detailed in letters of intent delivered Wednesday, leaves the choice of what properties to include up to the governments.

Connecticut and its distressed capital city surely could use the money. The state’s government has been wrestling with an underfunded pension system and chronic budget deficits, in part because the national economic recovery has passed much of Connecticut by, leaving it with fewer jobs than it had a decade ago. Hartford is even worse: The capital avoided bankruptcy last year only because of a bailout by the state.

“I just want to see our state make a smart decision,” said Gregory Kraut, a managing partner of K Property Group who is also an elected member of Westport’s town government. “And with my real estate and financial background, I have some options for them.”

Kraut, who put together the offer, said he’s acting as a concerned citizen and isn’t taking a commission or a fee from Oak Street. He suggested the state might use the money from real estate sales to reduce its unfunded pension obligations, and Hartford could reduce its debt load.
Better Yield

Terms of the deal as it’s proposed may favor the buyer, according to Jim Costello, a senior vice president for property-research firm Real Capital Analytics Inc. Capitalization rates -- net operating income as a share of the purchase price -- are in the mid-6 percent range now for single-tenant sale-and-leaseback office deals, he said.

“Obviously, the details of every deal are different, but buying in at 7.25 percent, the buyer is getting a better initial yield than the market on average,” Costello said.

The rate is also more than what it cost Connecticut to borrow money on its own earlier this year. When the state sold $800 million of debt in January, it paid yields of 3.43 percent on 20-year bonds.

Kelly Donnelly, director of communications for Governor Dannel Malloy, said the office is “in receipt of the letter and will take it under advisement.” Vasishth Srivastava, a representative for Hartford Mayor Luke A. Bronin, and Marc Zahr, Oak Street managing partner, declined to comment.
Coming Due

Connecticut has the highest net tax-supported debt per capita of any U.S. state

Source: Moody's Investors Service's 2017 State Debt Medians Report

Such a transaction isn’t unheard of. In the aftermath of the last recession, Arizona sold a slew of properties -- including its Capitol building -- to bondholders to help close budget deficits left by the real estate crash. As California governor, Arnold Schwarzenegger proposed taking similar steps, though the plan was scuttled by his successor, Jerry Brown.

And Oak Street is no stranger to Connecticut. Last year, the firm proposed buying Hartford XL Center, where the National Hockey League’s Hartford Whalers played before they moved in 1997, for $50 million. Oak Street also offered to spend as much as $250 million to update the arena to current NHL standards. On Wednesday, the firm reiterated that proposal.

The $2 billion sale-leaseback deal -- as much as $1 billion each for the state and Hartford -- would make Oak Street responsible for property management as well as renovations. The initial lease term would be 25 years, and both governments would have the right of first offer, and first refusal, should they want to buy back the properties.

The minimum 1.5% lease hike per year is the real kicker.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Dwight Eisenhower posted:

Hartford Connecticut is bad with money:

The minimum 1.5% lease hike per year is the real kicker.

My state's public pension system had about a 7B unfunded obligation in 2015 but is "closing the gap" by averaging 11.5% returns in the two years since.

Glad we don't have to do a buyout/lease-back of the Iowa State University campus!

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Welcome back, please behave yourself and post more coworker BWM stories

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
Please tell me this is real.

Also please tell me where this happened.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Barry posted:

Welcome back, please behave yourself and post more coworker BWM stories

I got banned for making fun of people who said Obama letting his daughter intern for Harvey Weinstein meant he was pimping her out because "he had to know" and calling one of the mods of D&D a "Tankie" for saying that there is no proof Russia interfered in the U.S. elections. If that's not nice, then I don't know what is.

We had a guy get hired last month for a mid-level security management position. He accepted the job.

On Day 1: He came in and did his initial training and security paperwork.

On Day 2: He came in and shadowed another employee.

On Day 3: He went to HR and said that he applied to another job in the private sector a long time ago and they just got back to him. He wanted to apply for a leave of absence to try out the other job and see if he liked it.

HR denied him.

On Day 4,5,6, and 7: He called out sick.

On Day 8: He was asked to provide a doctor's note because he used more than 3 consecutive sick days in a row.

He told HR that he wasn't really sick and that he was trying out the other job, but decided he was going to stay with us.

HR decided to let him go.

On Day 38 (or so): He had apparently been in several heated phone calls with HR, but decided to actually come into the office that day to plead to HR in person. He used our agency as a reference/last employer and HR said nothing bad about him to people calling for a reference, but did confirm to other state agencies who called to ask that he was "ineligible for rehire."

He was complaining that he was being punished for "being honest" with HR and asked if they could change his status to "eligible for rehire" if he promised to never apply here again. HR said that they can't do that even if they wanted to.

He then started crying and told us that he just lost the apartment he applied for because he didn't have two pay stubs since he was let go after 8 days and he wasn't expecting us to "drop me, just like that" for "being honest."

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009
Oh my God.

Welcome back.

That's amazing.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Cicero posted:

Please tell me this is real.

Also please tell me where this happened.

It's real.

It's from the "Real Estate, Bitcoin Wealth Expo"

https://twitter.com/squawkfox/status/982621094057213952

https://twitter.com/squawkfox/status/982740962681204736

https://twitter.com/squawkfox/status/982739427825987585

https://twitter.com/squawkfox/status/982658261349433344

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

It's real.

It's from the "Real Estate, Bitcoin Wealth Expo"

I still can't get over how it featured presentations from many celebrities totally known for their investing prowess, such as Alex Rodriguez, Sylvester Stallone, and Pitbull. Those photos absolutely made my day.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Pitbull singing Negative to Positive is so good

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Wanna party with Mr. Worldwide and Weed Boss Ohashi.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

He then started crying and told us that he just lost the apartment he applied for because he didn't have two pay stubs since he was let go after 8 days and he wasn't expecting us to "drop me, just like that" for "being honest."

haha awesome

:chloe:

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

#BogWitch Update

Backstory: My friend was an accountant for a Fortune 500 company. She quit and went to become a "Bogwitch" where she collects mushrooms in the woods and uses them to make homeopathic (read: does nothing) medical tinctures to sell on etsy.

She has proven me completely wrong and somehow ended up GWM by having thousands of other people be BWM.

She made enough money from these tinctures ($85 per 4 oz bottle) in 2 years to buy a house.

She is also currently "stick and poking" her entire body in tattoos. Literally entire body below the neck. She is doing all of it herself except for part of her back. She has shared some NSFW progress pics of her jamming sticks into her skin that I can't post while at work.

After she bought her house, she started to do home repairs on it herself. This included "de-griding" where she removed all the electrical outlets and was attempting to remove it from the powergrid.

Her neighbors called the police because she was using a tile cutter late at night and they ended up citing her for a million code violations, lacking a permit, and living in an unsafe residence.

She needed legal advice, so she turned to the right place:

Eventually, the anti-Bogwitch forces in Municipal Government and the Justice of the Peace Court managed to thwart her "de-griding" and she compromised by fixing all of the electrical damage to get her house back up to code and just never calling the power company.

She has a phone and uses Facebook, so I am not sure where the principle of not using energy starts and ends.

Bonus:

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
What's with that posting with a weird-rear end-gradient-background-giant-attention-getting-box? Is that just what facebook is now?

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Bhodi posted:

What's with that posting with a weird-rear end-gradient-background-giant-attention-getting-box? Is that just what facebook is now?

Facebook has in recent years introduced dumb poo poo like that when they can't think of any actual useful features to introduce.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin

My friend was an accountant for a Fortune 500 company.

I love everything about this story.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

paragon1 posted:

Wanna party with Mr. Worldwide and Weed Boss Ohashi.

Glad someone else caught that, :420: is even in his name.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Pretty sure I posted about them before in this thread, but my friend who was:

- Buying a house with her boyfriend of two years.
- Broke up with her boyfriend during this process.
- Decided to still buy the house because they didn't want to lose the $7k deposit and it was "an investment in an up and coming neighborhood."
- Planned to live in the house with her now ex-boyfriend until they got things sorted out and could sell the house at a profit.

is still living in the house with her ex-boyfriend because neither can afford to leave.

I don't remember exactly when they bought it, but it was around the beginning of Summer in 2017. So, they have been doing this for about a year now.

She is somehow dating another guy without her ex-boyfriend knowing and her birthday party is this weekend. He current boyfriend is not invited and when she invited me to the party she said, "Just so you know, Ryan (ex-BF) will probably be there. Please don't mention Eric (current BF) at the party because I don't want him to force a sale before we can get a profit out of the house."

Edit:

Found the original posts with context:

My friend and her boyfriend (of less than 2 years) decided to buy a house together.

They put an offer in and got a house for $382,000. There was about 6 weeks between this and the actual closing on the house. During this period, they broke up because the boyfriend's ex had recently become single and she was the girl of his dreams. The ex indicated that she was sad that they hadn't worked out and wished they could have given it another shot. My friend's boyfriend dumped her to pursue his true love.

They would have lost about 11k if they decided to walk away from the house.

Instead, they are buying the house and moving in together after breaking up.

Neither of them can afford to pay their half of the mortgage and rent on their own and neither of them want to sell because "it's an up-and-coming neighborhood" and they'd be losing a lot of money.

They are going to "figure out the rules as we go along" and so far the only rule is that the new girlfriend (former ex) isn't allowed to move in. But I am expecting that to happen soon.

The BWL aspect of this whole situation is that I'm pretty sure she still wants to get back together with him and that the house will help.

She basically thinks that he got scared of commitment from buying the house and that as long as he doesn't sleep with his ex (and she finds out about it) that he never really cheated or left.

Everyone told her not to go through with it, but when she did she kept waffling between "He just got cold feet! He'll be back!" and "I need to go through with it because I'll own half a house in an up-and-coming neighborhood and I can be financially independent! I'm doing this to stick it to him!"

For the record, the girl her boyfriend left her for was his girlfriend in high-school (10+ years ago) and cheated on him twice. Once on a band trip to Florida and another within two months of him going to college. They originally broke up when he was 20 and he is now 31.

quote:

Ex-BF house girl following up her meltdown post with a string of cryptic messages.

She is still determined to live with him "for a couple years at least. For the value to really go up. Or until he moves out."

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Apr 17, 2018

Hoodwinker
Nov 7, 2005

Welcome back, Leon! :patriot:

SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X

Pretty sure I posted about them before in this thread, but my friend who was:

- Buying a house with her boyfriend of two years.
- Broke up with her boyfriend during this process.
- Decided to still buy the house because they didn't want to lose the $7k deposit and it was "an investment in an up and coming neighborhood."
- Planned to live in the house with her now ex-boyfriend until they got things sorted out and could sell the house at a profit.

is still living in the house with her ex-boyfriend because neither can afford to leave.

I don't remember exactly when they bought it, but it was around the beginning of Summer in 2017. So, they have been doing this for about a year now.

She is somehow dating another guy without her ex-boyfriend knowing and her birthday party is this weekend. He current boyfriend is not invited and when she invited me to the party she said, "Just so you know, Ryan (ex-BF) will probably be there. Please don't mention Eric (current BF) at the party because I don't want him to force a sale before we can get a profit out of the house."

Edit:

Found the original posts with context:
I remember this story! The gift that keeps giving (stories of lulz)!

Welcome back to the forums, its good to have your bwm stories gracing the thread.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I mean, they're made of potatoes, so in the same way that Vodka's a vegetable.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Leon being back genuinely just brightened my day

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Wait, so... He left her to pursue another girl... And she's not even allowed to date anyone?

Just more evidence you should never, ever enter into a joint home ownership with anyone other than a legally married spouse.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Splicer posted:

I mean, they're made of potatoes, so in the same way that Vodka's a vegetable.

Turns out I DO get five servings of fruits and vegetables a day!

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Received This Today From A Friend Who wants me to invest im a bit skeptical about it what do you think ?

quote:

Horse Investor Breakdown
Initial investment min. $55,000 CAD

Commission minimum to agent $5,000 CAD • 10% of investor commitment above $55,000 CAD

Objective: To approximately double our investor’s initial investment in 6-12 months or less, via means of show jumping/effectively presenting the investor’s horse at a world class level. To obtain a prospect horse of this caliber, investors must contribute to 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, or one full financial investment of $55k +

Typical rate of return for high risk equine investments: $55,000 > $55,000 - $100,000 + $100,000 > $150,00 - $300,000 + $500,000> $750,000 - $1,000,000 +

After expenses are returned to their respective contributors ($55k from investor, x $ required for expenses - $1,500/month care & grooming, showing entry/stabling fees paid by M-F) earnings are divided %40 to owners and %30 to M-F %30 to Bruno

Investors have the privilege of witnessing/participating in 0%-100% of their horse’s development based on their interest level. Including (but not limited to) the training, showing, and care of said horse. Investors are welcome to the increasingly exclusive VIP events for equestrian affiliates and enthusiasts only. Investing in a horse is a ticket into celebrity, and highly prestigious events where only the 1% are invited. Enjoy fine dining, culture, class, fashion, supercar enthusiasts, business connections and opportunities not available anywhere else, and much, much more. Equestrian disciplines have been deemed “the sport of kings” for many years for a reason. Make a contribution today to be apart of the greatest shows on earth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomfoolery
Oct 8, 2004

I, too, would like to enjoy supercar enthusiasts